Forum > Gaming Discussion > What were you most hyped for?
What were you most hyped for?
next >>
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6343
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 22 Oct 2009 04:19:52
0
What game or games that have come out were you most hyped for, and how did they pan out?  I tend not to get particularly excited for any specific release, but for myself, I'd have to go with New Super Mario Bros. as topping that list.  2D Mario after a 15-year hiatus was amazing.

Right now there's a lot upcoming so it's hard to narrow in on anything.  What about everyone else?

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14646
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 22 Oct 2009 04:34:33
0
Animal Crossing: City Folk: I was super hyped for this game, but, ultimately, it was a let down. It's a good game marred by a stupid design decision (animal tracks) and the general been-there-done-that-before feel.

Super Mario Galaxy: I was massively hyped for that game, and it lived up to my expectations. My only complaint: No Yoshi. Sad Thankfully, that will be remedied in the sequel. Happy

Right now, I'm very hyped for Forza 3 and NSMB Wii.
Edited: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 04:47:05

The VG Press

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 18065
News Posts: 8760
Joined: 2008-08-18
 
Thu, 22 Oct 2009 05:14:19
0
I can only recall being hyped for two games ever. The first was Halo 2.  I don't know, for some reason I was pumped about that game forever, like before it had even been announced.  I think by the time it came out I was over it already -- needless to say I was one of the masses who were dissapointed with the end result.  I do want to go back and re-play H2 next year to see it with fresh eyes and make a final judgement of it.

The other game I was hyped about was Uncharted 2, and as I've already gushed in several places in this community, the game is everything it is cut out to be.

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 15743
News Posts: 1040
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 22 Oct 2009 06:22:41
0

Halo 2, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X, MGS4, HOTD: OK, De Blob, PES 5, PES08 Wii.

There's more but that's just what I can remember off the top of my head. I can be almost as hyped as dvader. Nyaa

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6343
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 22 Oct 2009 06:47:46
0
Foolz said:

Halo 2, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X, MGS4, HOTD: OK, De Blob, PES 5, PES08 Wii.

There's more but that's just what I can remember off the top of my head. I can be almost as hyped as dvader. Nyaa

You must have been really hyped for Final Fantasy X to list it twice Nyaa

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 15743
News Posts: 1040
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:24:37
0

Yodariquo said:
Foolz said:

Halo 2, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X, MGS4, HOTD: OK, De Blob, PES 5, PES08 Wii.

There's more but that's just what I can remember off the top of my head. I can be almost as hyped as dvader. Nyaa

You must have been really hyped for Final Fantasy X to list it twice Nyaa

 Well actually i was hyped for the demo, then for the game itself. Grinning

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Thu, 22 Oct 2009 13:14:10
0
right now i'm strongly anticipating: muramasa, red steel 2, gran turismo 5, no more heroes 2

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9410
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 22 Oct 2009 13:58:13
0
I don't do hype. I have ice in my veins.
The VG Press
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 15926
News Posts: 715
Joined: 2009-02-25
 
Thu, 22 Oct 2009 14:09:47
0

There's a lot of games I'm looking forward to, but the only one I can say I'm genuinally hyped for would be Epic Mickey.  Right now that's a game to camp out for.  I'm sure as more details come forth it will be less exciting, but right now I'd do anything to get a copy of it.

Other notable games were:

Super Street Fighter II - 4 new characters and new moves and background stages for existing characters.  What wasn't to like?  I devoured every magazine that so much as offered a picture of that game.

Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland - It ended up being a letdown, but the first 3-D cell shaded Harvest Moon looked incredible.  This was actually the first game I ever pre-ordered.

Dragon Quest VIII - Barring the move from Link to the Past to Ocarina of Time I don't think any series ever made such a dramatic jump from  one installment to the next.  And after I got my free demo I was completely sold.  And to date this was my favorite game of the last gen.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6343
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 22 Oct 2009 15:04:25
Iga_Bobovic said:
I don't do hype. I have ice in my veins.

Sin and Punishment 2

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9410
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 22 Oct 2009 15:30:47

Yodariquo said:
Iga_Bobovic said:
I don't do hype. I have ice in my veins.

Sin and Punishment 2

Counter example Little King's Story.

Have barely played it, first want to finish the crappier games.

See?! Ice cold.

The VG Press
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46248
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 22 Oct 2009 16:14:56
When it was announced as being made by the A -Team head honcho's AAA talent Soul Calibur team, I was hyped for Legends. What a rotting sack of crap it turned out to be.

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 12474
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Thu, 22 Oct 2009 21:23:23

Oh man there's been a pretty good number of games I've been hyped for. Some of the most notable ones were Gears of War and Gears of War 2 which both delivered in spades. Halo 3 which also delivered although I was really hoping for an epic boss battle with Gravemind. Halo 3: ODST which I was very happy with but I was disappointed that it didn't have matchmaking for Firefight. Street Fighter IV which definitely turned out awesome except for most of the character's endings. Resident Evil 5 that turned out to be excellent.

1176413.png

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 31188
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Wed, 28 Oct 2009 20:46:32
Most hyped had to be Twilight Princess. I loved every minute of the pregame hype and loved every minute of the actual game.

RE4 was up there as well.
660896.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14646
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 29 Oct 2009 00:31:28

gamingeek said:
When it was announced as being made by the A -Team head honcho's AAA talent Soul Calibur team, I was hyped for Legends. What a rotting sack of crap it turned out to be.

I actually enjoyed SC Legends. It's highly repetitive, and they certainly half-assed a bunch of stuff, but I still enjoyed it. In many ways, I like it better than the other SC games. Granted, I only paid the $7 rental fee to play it.

Edited: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 01:25:39

The VG Press

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 403
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-11-26
 
Thu, 29 Oct 2009 21:13:08

Brutal Legend: Better than I expected, I was I expecting a lot. Perhaps the best licenced soundtrack in a video game, ever.

Borderlands: I was overhyped for it, and ended up slightly disappointed because of it. I still might buy it due to the amount of gameplay.

Uncharted 2: It's been getting 9's and 10's (and 21's) everywhere, so I was expecting to enjoy it more than Arkham Asylum. It's a solid game, but I was more blown away by AA.

Edited: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 21:13:57
--------------------------------------------

Listen to Iced Earth and play Doom

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 613
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-10
 
Fri, 30 Oct 2009 02:07:47

Dragon Age Origins.

(Wow its soo fucking easy to bold and underline stuff here!)

This is being labeled as a spiritual succesor to Baldurs Gate 2: Shadows Of Amn, one of my all time favorite games. I have had the collectors edition preordered now for longer than GG has been a virgin (!) and I can't wait for it. I love the style and character development of Biowares titles, they are second to none for storytelling and character development.


avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46248
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 30 Oct 2009 11:51:26

Coopersville said:

Brutal Legend: Better than I expected, I was I expecting a lot. Perhaps the best licenced soundtrack in a video game, ever.

Borderlands: I was overhyped for it, and ended up slightly disappointed because of it. I still might buy it due to the amount of gameplay.

Uncharted 2: It's been getting 9's and 10's (and 21's) everywhere, so I was expecting to enjoy it more than Arkham Asylum. It's a solid game, but I was more blown away by AA.

That's interesting. I forgot about AA, I need to get that one for Christmas.

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 12474
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Fri, 30 Oct 2009 13:24:41

Well I picked up two games I was very hyped for today, Forza 3 and Tekken 6. By all accounts they should both satisfy me quite nicely especially Forza 3. It sounds like I'll be a little bummed out on the quality of T6's online mode but that's something that could be fixed sometime. My next big hyped games are Dragon Age and Modern Warfare 2.

1176413.png

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 31188
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Fri, 30 Oct 2009 23:34:49

GodModeEnabled said:

Dragon Age Origins.

(Wow its soo fucking easy to bold and underline stuff here!)

This is being labeled as a spiritual succesor to Baldurs Gate 2: Shadows Of Amn, one of my all time favorite games. I have had the collectors edition preordered now for longer than GG has been a virgin (!) and I can't wait for it. I love the style and character development of Biowares titles, they are second to none for storytelling and character development.


Thats one of those games that I think I am just afraid to get into. I loved KOTOR, liked Jade Empire, I know I would like Mass Effect, so I like the company. This game seems too PC for me, I'm scared that I will not like it. But I guess I should try it right.

660896.png
next >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
*crickets*
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?