Forum > Gaming Discussion > So where do we go now?
So where do we go now?
<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Sun, 03 Jan 2010 03:42:14

Iga_Bobovic said:

phantom_leo said:

Iga_Bobovic said:

Basically we had a huge fight which led Yoda to vacant is position as God of the VG Press.

PS: I have no idea what actually happened, where and when.

For all the info see here.

Read it all and cry.

I will update the opening post.

Oh and Steel Wandy Clause will visit you, better wear a helmet Nyaa


WTF is Wangy Claus anyway? Should I expect him in the nude? LOL

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Sun, 03 Jan 2010 06:46:21
you may all be relaxed now ... but i'm still looking to see who sneakingly stole my number 11 rank while i was away.

not that i will ban them or anything




Edited: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 06:46:37

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 15766
News Posts: 1041
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 03 Jan 2010 06:52:30

bugsonglass said:
you may all be relaxed now ... but i'm still looking to see who sneakingly stole my number 11 rank while i was away.

not that i will ban them or anything




It says you're number 11 to me!

You stole it! *reaches for banhammer*

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Sun, 03 Jan 2010 07:16:56
sweeeet.  it said i was number 12 yesterday.  so it only took a couple of posts and i'm 11 again!!!

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Sun, 03 Jan 2010 07:19:41

Umm...you're still 12. Foolz is messing with you. Nyaa
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6351
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 03 Jan 2010 18:33:45
SteelAttack said:

(in case you don't come back). 

  • This place is covered through 2018, I'm getting my money's worth (I'm not joking)
  • Users with a score of 37,000 or higher were assigned forum moderator and news editor functions
  • There is no "tech support".  Site help is informal, site problems need direct access.
  • We tried a 2-mod system - it didn't happen.  This is useful for high activity boards and vandalism, not organization and not a priority.
  • Only I can permanently delete anything.  You can all "delete" which flags the content not to be queried.
  • I've always wanted an artist.
  • You perma-banned the Hamster account?

Here's what happens.  Someone asks a question looking for a consensus, everyone makes a comment about some specific thing, then everyone forgets about it and nothing gets done.
aspro said:

Iga, I don't think further action is appropriate without Yoda's involvement.  

My suggestion moving forward is that when Yoda is ready we should have a small Board that can meet in a chat client to discuss defining the roles that are required and firming up the site policies. as for the members of that board I think it should be any of the top ten users who have an interest.

Vader, to get this thing moving we need more users.

So this is where I see things working.  When getting that first basic comment is a matter of seconds and not a matter of days.

But you're all very confused.  It's not who can or will do what or when; it's making decisions.  We cannot concurrently support a system that requires decisions be made, but no way to make them.  If you want to set up one person to decide things, then fine, and you can dispute the decisions, but you can't complain about a decision actually having been made.

Or you can set up multiple people to come to some sort of consensus, but you have to actually reach a conclusion somehow.

"Ok everyone, A, B, or C?"

"A!"

"B!"


"B? Maybe C..."

cVf2q.jpg


"...Guys?"

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 18098
News Posts: 8761
Joined: 2008-08-18
 
Sun, 03 Jan 2010 19:05:28

^I'm available for chat whenever today. I have googlechat, but I'm sure it's pretty simple to support any other format.  Skype has chat too. Yoda, maybe you could send out a tweet as to what time we come up with.

Let's use the UTC clock on the site (top right hand corner to coordinate). I'm available from now through 0800 tomorrow UTC.

Edited: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 19:29:37

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6351
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 03 Jan 2010 19:09:15
Oh, and

SteelAttack said:

People post all kinds of stuff at the boards because they feel there is a lack of feedback at blogs. But also because the blog format doesn't seem to lend very well for discussion and interaction. We have to remember that we are just a handful of users, scattered around different time zones, and it's exceedingly rare that we all happen to coincide here at any given time. 

Without getting into the specifics of the issue, you're clearly suggesting a dissatisfaction with the current blog system.  In the spirit of the title of this topic, you can go here So Site Suggestions and Rules Version 1.0 VOTE NOW!

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6351
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 03 Jan 2010 19:38:56
aspro said:

^I'm available for chat whenever today. I have googlechat, but I'm sure it's pretty simple to support any other format.  Skype has chat too. Yoda, maybe you could send out a tweet as to what time we come up with.

Let's use the UTC clock on the site (top right hand corner to coordinate). I'm available from now through 0800 tomorrow UTC.

Skype's the best idea, since a bunch of us already have it and each other as contacts.  I'm pretty much always on Skype (though invisible) because I use it as a phone.

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 18098
News Posts: 8761
Joined: 2008-08-18
 
Sun, 03 Jan 2010 19:51:27

Yodariquo said:
aspro said:

^I'm available for chat whenever today. I have googlechat, but I'm sure it's pretty simple to support any other format.  Skype has chat too. Yoda, maybe you could send out a tweet as to what time we come up with.

Let's use the UTC clock on the site (top right hand corner to coordinate). I'm available from now through 0800 tomorrow UTC.

Skype's the best idea, since a bunch of us already have it and each other as contacts.  I'm pretty much always on Skype (though invisible) because I use it as a phone.

 PM me with some details, or add me (I've PM'd you) -- if that will work.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31211
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sun, 03 Jan 2010 21:28:00
I can be on later, or right now.
660896.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 18098
News Posts: 8761
Joined: 2008-08-18
 
Sun, 03 Jan 2010 21:40:19

Dvader said:
I can be on later, or right now.

What time later (since no one else appears be around now).  

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31211
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sun, 03 Jan 2010 21:42:41

aspro said:

Dvader said:
I can be on later, or right now.

What time later (since no one else appears be around now).  

I dont know, late. 11 or so. Yoda is on right now but it just maybe that he left it on.

Edited: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 21:42:58
660896.png
avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9419
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 03 Jan 2010 21:43:13

What's going on are we going to have some meeting or something?

If yes, then count me in, but first I have to take a massive dump!


The VG Press
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31211
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sun, 03 Jan 2010 21:43:49

Iga_Bobovic said:

What's going on are we going to have some meeting or something?

If yes, then count me in, but first I have to take a massive dump!


Get on skype


660896.png
avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9419
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 03 Jan 2010 21:44:19

Dvader said:

Iga_Bobovic said:

What's going on are we going to have some meeting or something?

If yes, then count me in, but first I have to take a massive dump!


Get on skype


 I am always on Skype

The VG Press
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 18098
News Posts: 8761
Joined: 2008-08-18
 
Sun, 03 Jan 2010 21:45:49
I'm on skype, I know Yoda is around. I'll pm you my skype name.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31211
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sun, 03 Jan 2010 21:47:31

Iga_Bobovic said:

Dvader said:

Iga_Bobovic said:

What's going on are we going to have some meeting or something?

If yes, then count me in, but first I have to take a massive dump!


Get on skype


I am always on Skype

Not right now you are not.

660896.png
avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Sun, 03 Jan 2010 21:54:57

Dvader said:

Iga_Bobovic said:

Dvader said:

Iga_Bobovic said:

What's going on are we going to have some meeting or something?

If yes, then count me in, but first I have to take a massive dump!


Get on skype


I am always on Skype

Not right now you are not.

aye, he is.  i see both you and iga signed in on skype right now

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 18296
News Posts: 2097
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 03 Jan 2010 22:40:51
What's a Skype?
<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
*crickets*
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?