Forum > Gaming Discussion > Little Kings Story (Wii) the triple AAA reviews keep rolling in GOTY thread
Little Kings Story (Wii) the triple AAA reviews keep rolling in GOTY thread
<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 776
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2009-05-09
 
Mon, 11 May 2009 20:05:36
I couldn't decide on this one but I've got to check it out now. All these reviews are too good to ignore - sounds like tons of fun.
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 15766
News Posts: 1041
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 12 May 2009 04:39:59
Fighting painful chickens, laser scarecrows? Awesome.

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 30 May 2009 14:56:56
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 16:38:47

Bumped.

Who is getting this game? And why hasn't bugs or iga played it yet?

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 16:47:43

gamingeek said:

Bumped.

Who is getting this game? And why hasn't bugs or iga played it yet?

Rag got it. He loves it so far.

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 16:51:29
Few pics from him:






After he defeated some cow god or something.




avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 16:53:23

SteelAttack said:

gamingeek said:

Bumped.

Who is getting this game? And why hasn't bugs or iga played it yet?

Rag got it. He loves it so far.

How much has be played?

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 17:03:15

Just saw the pics in Rags thread.

Not only did you guys get a plush pre-order goodie the F-ing disc and manual are awesome compared to the shit we got.

Well we did get it a few months back though. Even before Japan Happy

Edited: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 17:11:16

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 16004
News Posts: 720
Joined: 2009-02-25
 
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 17:07:06
I'm going to pick it up tomorrow, but I doubt I'll get much play with it.  I have to go to my in-laws this weekend.  *groan*
avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 17:10:58

gamingeek said:

SteelAttack said:

gamingeek said:

Bumped.

Who is getting this game? And why hasn't bugs or iga played it yet?

Rag got it. He loves it so far.

How much has be played?

I'd say about 5 hours.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 17:13:45

I'm at this boss which is like a pinball game.

Gametrailers gave this game a 6.5 for presentation. Seriously......... that's absolute BS. They even called the wonderful renditions of classical music - a cop out. The presentation of this game is top notch.

The only thing you can complain about is the oversaturated lighting which blurs things too much.

Game still got an 8.2 which is one of the lowest reviews for this game.

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 17:17:47

gamingeek said:

I'm at this boss which is like a pinball game.

Gametrailers gave this game a 6.5 for presentation. Seriously......... that's absolute BS. They even called the wonderful renditions of classical music - a cop out. The presentation of this game is top notch.

The only thing you can complain about is the oversaturated lighting which blurs things too much.

Game still got an 8.2 which is one of the lowest reviews for this game.

Aaaand I'm out. I tolerate scores talk less and less as time goes by. Bleh.

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 19:08:09

gamingeek said:

Bumped.

Who is getting this game? And why hasn't bugs or iga played it yet?

iga has at least been playing some other great games and i'm sure he'll be playing this very soon, i on the other hand am afraid i'm just lazy and a chronic procrastinator.  this week i have only been playing yoshi's island on the DS, it's just too hot and i'm just too lazy to sit in a non air-conditioned living room so i play on the telly.  i do really hope i get to play this however before i have to go back to work

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9419
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 20:21:48

bugsonglass said:

gamingeek said:

Bumped.

Who is getting this game? And why hasn't bugs or iga played it yet?

iga has at least been playing some other great games and i'm sure he'll be playing this very soon, i on the other hand am afraid i'm just lazy and a chronic procrastinator.  this week i have only been playing yoshi's island on the DS, it's just too hot and i'm just too lazy to sit in a non air-conditioned living room so i play on the telly.  i do really hope i get to play this however before i have to go back to work

 Yeah I just finished Okami. I think I will do Eledees and Okami 100% finish. That should be fun, I don't want to play too many big games after each other. Perhaps if other people played the game here I might join, but don't hold you breath for that.

The VG Press
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 16004
News Posts: 720
Joined: 2009-02-25
 
Fri, 31 Jul 2009 13:27:30

I hate to say it, but I'm just not feeling this game.  It's not bad by any means, but for whatever reason I'm finding that I'm forcing myself to play it rather than wanting to play it.  I think it's just my current aversion to console games.  Right now I'd still rather curl up in a corner and play something on the DSi rather than boot up the Wii.  Then again it could also be somewhat related to the frustrating of fighting this stupid frog boss thing.  Can't beat him without losing half the troops and that ain't cutting it.

So for a while I'm going to put it down.  Certainly not trading it in, as I know I've only scratched the surface and I want to give it a fair shot.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 31 Jul 2009 15:37:10

robio said:

I hate to say it, but I'm just not feeling this game.  It's not bad by any means, but for whatever reason I'm finding that I'm forcing myself to play it rather than wanting to play it.  I think it's just my current aversion to console games.  Right now I'd still rather curl up in a corner and play something on the DSi rather than boot up the Wii.  Then again it could also be somewhat related to the frustrating of fighting this stupid frog boss thing.  Can't beat him without losing half the troops and that ain't cutting it.

So for a while I'm going to put it down.  Certainly not trading it in, as I know I've only scratched the surface and I want to give it a fair shot.

I cant remember the frog boss. Oh yeah yeah, he spits stuff out.

This is why you cant just pile everyone in. You have to recall the troops when he is about to attack and send them in when he's ready to be attacked.

Try incessently circling to avoid his attacks too.

Also what you can do is buy more buildings that give you more team members. Also check the ranks of your soldiers and only pick the strongest ones with most life.

The boss fights are the ones which actually require you to work out a strategy, the game isn't a casual, easy breeze through by any means.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 16004
News Posts: 720
Joined: 2009-02-25
 
Fri, 31 Jul 2009 16:07:20

gamingeek said:

robio said:

I hate to say it, but I'm just not feeling this game.  It's not bad by any means, but for whatever reason I'm finding that I'm forcing myself to play it rather than wanting to play it.  I think it's just my current aversion to console games.  Right now I'd still rather curl up in a corner and play something on the DSi rather than boot up the Wii.  Then again it could also be somewhat related to the frustrating of fighting this stupid frog boss thing.  Can't beat him without losing half the troops and that ain't cutting it.

So for a while I'm going to put it down.  Certainly not trading it in, as I know I've only scratched the surface and I want to give it a fair shot.

I cant remember the frog boss. Oh yeah yeah, he spits stuff out.

This is why you cant just pile everyone in. You have to recall the troops when he is about to attack and send them in when he's ready to be attacked.

Try incessently circling to avoid his attacks too.

Also what you can do is buy more buildings that give you more team members. Also check the ranks of your soldiers and only pick the strongest ones with most life.

The boss fights are the ones which actually require you to work out a strategy, the game isn't a casual, easy breeze through by any means.

Yeah I've gotten better.  I can get him down to about 3/4 of his energy before I lose a troop.  That's been my only gripe. Not a fan of the combat in this game.  It's not the typical strategy combat, and I find it a little awkward.  

Like I said though, I just don't really have it in me to play the game right now.  Portable gaming has been a lot more appealing lately.  Tell you what, the DSi has really changed my interest in DS games.  I could easily see this being my sole video game player of choice right now if it had to be.  

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 18296
News Posts: 2097
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 31 Jul 2009 16:40:51

Although I would normally agree with Robio about the DSi being a primary console of choice for me too, I am absolutely enthralled with LKS right about now.

I'm about 14-16 hours in. 4 Kings left to go...

Shiskebaboo was a pain in the ass! Pinball was a fun concept, but it lead to a seemingly needless loss of troops. Duvco (or whatever his name was; the Party King) was a pushover. The mini-bosses I have been putting off. I fought that clockwork knight guy and the Owl Forest Hag. They weren't bad. It was more watching for their pattern of attack and going on the offense when an opening presented itself.

The frog was annoying, but what's even MORE annoying is when you encounter them as common, smaller enemies in the field and they STILL swallow your troops in one gulp!

Other than that, I find myself addicted to doing quest after quest after quest...

I can't put the game down!

Edited: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 16:42:42
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 31 Jul 2009 16:58:27
I am at the pinball boss. I need a solid strategy to beat him. I hear you can send miners to hack away the barrier at the top and that is how you beat him?

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 18296
News Posts: 2097
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 31 Jul 2009 18:40:57

Go in first with the animal hunter (archers) to clear the way and kill the "boulder" tossing Oni on the path in.

Once clearing the area, go back in with your troops with the highest HP. I brought about 6 Miners and the remainder were Knights.

DO NOT let Shiskebaboo just "hit" your troops like they were a "paddle" at the bottom of a Break-Out board. Press the A button to send them out in a line against Baboo.

If he hits the Oni carrying a sign, the screen will go dark, lights and arrows will flash... THAT is your indication to send the miners up to the rock at the top of the screen (the one with the 4 part "life" meter).

Break that rock and it will expose a fork.

Get Baboo down to 50 (pounds or kilos or whatever it is) so he is small enough to fit through the gate in front of the fork, shoot him in there, and that's it!

--Took me several tries to figure it out, but that's how you have to do it.

<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
*crickets*
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?