Forum > Gaming Discussion > The Official Animal Crossing GOTY Hype Thread
The Official Animal Crossing GOTY Hype Thread
<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 776
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2009-05-09
 
Wed, 01 Jul 2009 03:15:09
Thanks - will try that first.
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46248
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 01 Jul 2009 12:16:53

Buy a new disc Nyaa

Ugh, I want to set up a Persian room to go with my turban that looks something like Redds or the fortune tellers shop. I need weird oddities, a bong and a crystal ball. Send me stuff nao.

Monkey thank you so much for the ships compass Grinning

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Thu, 02 Jul 2009 09:14:37
After taking a few days off, i got back to the game again yesterday and it's been really rewarding so far.

  • my new bridge is finally ready, and it's so useful makes me wonder how i ever managed without it.  so wish i could get one more (at the other possible location)
  • i got all kinds of weird beetles on trees yesterday after staying up playing late.  elephant, atlas, one with a japanese sounding name, fruit beetle and another one or two.  still no goliath but i think he will be mine in the end
  • last night, monkey visited briefly and gave me 2 more of the crop circle designs so now my crop circle is 3/4 complete
  • this morning my town was full of crickets chirping away.  i caught 3 kinds.  are there more?
  • also this morning i caught ... a napoleonfish!!!  has to be seen to be believed!
  • i also made the donation for the fountain.  can someone tell me roughly how long it will take and where it will be built?
GG what kind of stuff do you want for your persian room?  i've had that turban for ages and it's been at my tailor's many times, i'd have given it to you long ago if i knew you didn't have it (and wanted it).  i've seen persian wall, and rug at nook's many times so it must be pretty common

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46248
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 02 Jul 2009 10:39:59

bugsonglass said:
After taking a few days off, i got back to the game again yesterday and it's been really rewarding so far.

  • my new bridge is finally ready, and it's so useful makes me wonder how i ever managed without it.  so wish i could get one more (at the other possible location)
  • i got all kinds of weird beetles on trees yesterday after staying up playing late.  elephant, atlas, one with a japanese sounding name, fruit beetle and another one or two.  still no goliath but i think he will be mine in the end
  • last night, monkey visited briefly and gave me 2 more of the crop circle designs so now my crop circle is 3/4 complete
  • this morning my town was full of crickets chirping away.  i caught 3 kinds.  are there more?
  • also this morning i caught ... a napoleonfish!!!  has to be seen to be believed!
  • i also made the donation for the fountain.  can someone tell me roughly how long it will take and where it will be built?
GG what kind of stuff do you want for your persian room?  i've had that turban for ages and it's been at my tailor's many times, i'd have given it to you long ago if i knew you didn't have it (and wanted it).  i've seen persian wall, and rug at nook's many times so it must be pretty common

I've never seen the turban before and I dont mind not having it. Part of why I love the game is that 6 months in you turn the game on and it still suprises you with stuff like that. I just bought a Spaceman at Nooks, but it looks more like a weird Major'as mask style figurine.

I don't know if there is any more Persian type Ali Barber type items in the game. I want it to look like the fortune tellers shop. I guess the weird statues are a good start. I have the lucky frogs, two cats and spaceman. I could use one of the kotaksus. Is there a crystal ball in the game? Maybe I should put a campfire in the middle?

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Thu, 02 Jul 2009 16:10:08
turnips @ 316.  opening gates

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46248
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 03 Jul 2009 11:58:59

ruu0255.jpg

So this is Spaceman? It looks like something out of Twilight Princess.

ruu0254.jpg

Edited: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 12:11:39

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Fri, 03 Jul 2009 13:43:19
Oh shit. Spaceman looks creepy as fuck.
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46248
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 03 Jul 2009 14:08:43
Redd said it was an exclusive. I need more creepy mystical stuff to make a fortune tellers type tent room.
Edited: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 19:37:10

avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9410
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 03 Jul 2009 14:11:11

Mayan spaceman

The VG Press
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46248
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 03 Jul 2009 14:18:52
Cool LOL

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 18292
News Posts: 2097
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 03 Jul 2009 15:24:36

Iga_Bobovic said:

Mayan spaceman

That's not a Mayan spaceman...


...that's an early Mayan action-figure of Huitzil from Darkstalker!



Edited: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 15:24:55
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46248
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 03 Jul 2009 15:49:47
What's the background on this mayan Spaceman? Anyone know more about them?

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Fri, 03 Jul 2009 17:02:57

gamingeek said:
What's the background on this mayan Spaceman? Anyone know more about them?

Well, it turns out that it isn't a mayan spaceman after all. The thing in AC and the pic that Iga posted are Dogu figurines. Some prehistoric weird shit from Japan. There should be a Jomon jar around in Animal Crossing as well, I have one. That jar is from the very same period.

They are supposed to represent goddesses. They actually are considered as part of the "ancient astronaut" theory, but considering the supporters of such theory (von Däniken...bleh) you might as well keep thinking of them as goddesses.

The actual Mayan Spaceman (Cosmonauta de Palenque) is a large slab, very detailed and intricately carved, found by a mexican archaeologist named Alberto Lhuillier.

It supposedly portrays a man controlling some sort of weird ass machinery.

Edited: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 17:04:23
avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Fri, 03 Jul 2009 18:57:44
i love that jomon jar it's one of my favourite items, i may have sent it to you guys as a present at some point.  the spaceman sure is cool, hope i find it at my nook's at some point

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46248
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 03 Jul 2009 19:38:55

bugsonglass said:
i love that jomon jar it's one of my favourite items, i may have sent it to you guys as a present at some point.  the spaceman sure is cool, hope i find it at my nook's at some point

Ooops. I meant Redd's. A Redd exclusive.

SteelAttack said:

gamingeek said:
What's the background on this mayan Spaceman? Anyone know more about them?

Well, it turns out that it isn't a mayan spaceman after all. The thing in AC and the pic that Iga posted are Dogu figurines. Some prehistoric weird shit from Japan. There should be a Jomon jar around in Animal Crossing as well, I have one. That jar is from the very same period.

They are supposed to represent goddesses. They actually are considered as part of the "ancient astronaut" theory, but considering the supporters of such theory (von Däniken...bleh) you might as well keep thinking of them as goddesses.

The actual Mayan Spaceman (Cosmonauta de Palenque) is a large slab, very detailed and intricately carved, found by a mexican archaeologist named Alberto Lhuillier.

It supposedly portrays a man controlling some sort of weird ass machinery.

They had Haptic Masters back then?

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 15743
News Posts: 1040
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 04 Jul 2009 04:58:10
LOL

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Sat, 04 Jul 2009 10:59:50
monkey, i have a kitten crying saying her mum's in eekanema.  let's get together and reunite them

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46248
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 04 Jul 2009 15:22:04

ruu0245.jpg

I've ordered some sandcastles for the non Europeans as its a Euro exclusive item. I haven't got them for Travo's wife or Dvader as they dont play anymore.

I got one for Pinky, one for Sophia and I dont know if Steel wants one too?

I gave mine to Monkey already. I have ordered them from the catalogue.


Edited: Sat, 04 Jul 2009 16:22:16

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Sat, 04 Jul 2009 16:08:38
Thanks, GG. Would it be too much of a hassle if you got one for my other daughter instead of me? The only thing I really need is a pic of your naked butt. LOL
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46248
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 04 Jul 2009 16:17:46

SteelAttack said:
Thanks, GG. Would it be too much of a hassle if you got one for my other daughter instead of me? The only thing I really need is a pic of your naked butt. LOL

Sure I have 3 on order.

If you want one I can order 2 more for you and your other daughter.

<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
*crickets*
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?