Forum > Non-Gaming Discussion > No Delicate Way to Ask This... (Pubes!)
No Delicate Way to Ask This... (Pubes!)
next >>
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 18292
News Posts: 2097
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 10 Aug 2009 12:28:34
0
I was under the impression that 'Manscaping' was something --ONLY-- someone of the non-straight orientation did. I was at the gym lately and a bud of mine proved me wrong. So as NOT to make it seem like I was staring at his package (I swear I wasn't!), I waited 'til AFTER we were fully clothed to broach the subject. I was shocked to hear him say: 'Everyone is doing it!'

Is this true?

I heard crazy stories from Nair to Laser Surgery and just couldn't believe I was talking to a totally straight man!

Thoughts?

(Didn't know where else to post this. GS... I think not! Probably would work in Off-Topic there, but every 13 year old would have a sarcastic 'That's so G@Y!' response...)


avatar
Country: US
Comments: 15926
News Posts: 715
Joined: 2009-02-25
 
Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:19:38
0

Manscaping was introduced into the heterosexual world back around 2000 - 2001 and really took off during the "Metrosexual" trend of the early to mid part of this decade.  You could really argue that Queer Eye For the Straight Guy ushered in a lot of that, though I doubt they actually covered this on the show.

But to answer your question, yes many straight guys do it.  I don't think everyone is doing it, and I think the trend has somewhat died down, but it's still popular enough I believe.  Not that I have much knowledge about it other than my own personal experience, but from what I understand from my single lady friends, most of them expect a guy to be groomed down there if they want to get any.

avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9410
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:29:50
0

Wow, Don Frye was right when he talked about American men. I will never ever question the Frye again!

P.S. maybe people shave more because more and more men do it in porn too?!

The VG Press
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 15926
News Posts: 715
Joined: 2009-02-25
 
Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:38:57
0

Iga_Bobovic said:

Wow, Don Frye was right when he talked about American men. I will never ever question the Frye again!

P.S. maybe people shave more because more and more men do it in porn too?!

I thought about that as I was replying to this, but guys have been shaving in porn for a long time.  Much longer than Joe average has been, so I'm pretty sure that's not the case... though I do try to follow as much of Ron Jeremy's advice as possible.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 267
News Posts: 13
Joined: 2009-04-25
 
Mon, 10 Aug 2009 16:37:54
0
My pube thicket is untamed.  It runs wild across my nethers.  I can't imagine shaving my nads.
Now Playing: King's Bounty, Demon's Souls, BF1943
Now Listening: Karl Blau- Zebra, Atlas Sound- Logos
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 18292
News Posts: 2097
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 10 Aug 2009 16:55:29
0

rragnaar said:
My pube thicket is untamed.  It runs wild across my nethers.  I can't imagine shaving my nads.

Wow! I can't imagine NOT now! I have used a buzzer in places mere mortals would fear to tread!  Nyaa

Gotta be smooth, bronze, summer-boy for now!

Will become mountain-man Leo in the Winter-time again and maybe, MAYBE allow for some chest hair...  Nyaa

Edited: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 16:56:41
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 267
News Posts: 13
Joined: 2009-04-25
 
Mon, 10 Aug 2009 16:58:02
0

phantom_leo said:

rragnaar said:
My pube thicket is untamed.  It runs wild across my nethers.  I can't imagine shaving my nads.

Wow! I can't imagine NOT now! I have used a buzzer in places mere mortals would fear to tread!  Nyaa

Gotta be smooth, bronze, summer-boy for now!

Will become mountain-man Leo Winter time again and maybe, MAYBE allow some chest hair...  Nyaa

 For whatever reason I can't really grow a beard or a mustache, so I'm extra protective of the hair that I can grow.Nyaa

Now Playing: King's Bounty, Demon's Souls, BF1943
Now Listening: Karl Blau- Zebra, Atlas Sound- Logos
avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Mon, 10 Aug 2009 17:18:46
0
LOLOLOL that's so g@y. Nyaa

Yeah, I trim regularly. I like to have it trimmed down because my wang looks even more astounding and mastodontic. Besides, living in the fucking tropic, it's better to have it that way. I like to trim down the pits as well from time to time.
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14646
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 10 Aug 2009 17:45:06
0

I have never trimed that area, and I never will!

Unless some hot female nurse does it for me, then it'd be okay. Grinning

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46248
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 10 Aug 2009 18:17:23

I'm with Rag.

I have never and will never pluck or shave any hair on my body.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Mon, 10 Aug 2009 21:02:24
Damn crappy metrosexual movement. Yes a bunch of straight men do it cause women like it. I wish we were back in the 70's and 80's when hair was a good thing. This day and age sucks for a guy like me.
660896.png
avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Mon, 10 Aug 2009 22:18:40

Dvader said:
Damn crappy metrosexual movement. Yes a bunch of straight men do it cause women like it. I wish we were back in the 70's and 80's when hair was a good thing. This day and age sucks for a guy like me.

You a hairy dude?

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Tue, 11 Aug 2009 01:02:34

SteelAttack said:

Dvader said:
Damn crappy metrosexual movement. Yes a bunch of straight men do it cause women like it. I wish we were back in the 70's and 80's when hair was a good thing. This day and age sucks for a guy like me.

You a hairy dude?

Yes. Not a bear or anything but enough.

660896.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 13700
News Posts: 452
Joined: 2008-07-03
 
Tue, 11 Aug 2009 01:12:40
I trim from time to time.  The wifey doesn't like to travel into a deep, dark forest.
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6343
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 11 Aug 2009 02:52:26
Anyone trying to imagine this thread on GameSpot? LOL

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 15926
News Posts: 715
Joined: 2009-02-25
 
Tue, 11 Aug 2009 04:04:01

Yodariquo said:
Anyone trying to imagine this thread on GameSpot? LOL

. . . well Carnage would come in and tell us that no one actually has pubic hair, and instead uses a merkin.  He doesn't actually look in his pants to confirm this, but he doesn't need any facts to base his opinion on.

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 15743
News Posts: 1040
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 11 Aug 2009 04:06:05

I don't even shave my face.

Then I might shave my arse, I mean Steel is really starting to chafe, plus it gives a place for all his crabs to live.

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46248
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 11 Aug 2009 11:50:20

Dvader said:

SteelAttack said:

Dvader said:
Damn crappy metrosexual movement. Yes a bunch of straight men do it cause women like it. I wish we were back in the 70's and 80's when hair was a good thing. This day and age sucks for a guy like me.

You a hairy dude?

Yes. Not a bear or anything but enough.

 Then get waxing bitch. LOL

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Tue, 11 Aug 2009 15:31:16

gamingeek said:

Dvader said:

SteelAttack said:

Dvader said:
Damn crappy metrosexual movement. Yes a bunch of straight men do it cause women like it. I wish we were back in the 70's and 80's when hair was a good thing. This day and age sucks for a guy like me.

You a hairy dude?

Yes. Not a bear or anything but enough.

Then get waxing bitch. LOL

Are you hairy, GG?

avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9410
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 11 Aug 2009 17:34:45

Yodariquo said:
Anyone trying to imagine this thread on GameSpot? LOL

 Okay, who's going to post this thread at Gamespot?!

Robio?! You wanted to get banned, maybe you should do it?!

Edited: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 17:34:56
The VG Press
next >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
*crickets*
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?