GG Weekly Videogame News RSS Feed
[computerandvideogames.com] Halo Reach details emerge. A generational leap over previous titles? computerandvideogames.com news SteelAttack
[computerandvideogames.com] Microsoft: No need for new Xbox. Not even sure if 360 is at midpoint of life yet. computerandvideogames.com news SteelAttack
[cubed3.com] Little King's Story Wii Still Selling Well The VGP GoTY award really boosted its sales cubed3.com news Iga_Bobovic
Armored Core 5 Announced From Software promises somethign different. andriasang.com news aspro
[edge-online.com] Greenburg: Natal to sell millions in 2010 MILLIONS! edge-online.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] God of War Trilogy launches end of march In Europe. For £110! computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
What We Know About Zelda Wii zeldainformer.com news Iga_Bobovic
Sin and Punishment 2 - video tour from wiifolder wiifolder.com impressions media Iga_Bobovic
[youtube.com] Street Fighter: the Movie: the Music video youtube.com media Iga_Bobovic
[gizmodo.com] Booth babe confessions gizmodo.com editorial Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] Recession or Transition? Did the games business shrink in 2009 or did consumers just abandon the high street? eurogamer.net editorial Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] Digital Foundry vs. 3D Gaming The techniques and challenges of stereo 3D, and the significance of PS3's firmware upgrade. eurogamer.net editorial Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] Retrospective: Steel Battalion eurogamer.net impressions Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] Coming Attractions: Shooters & Racing eurogamer.net editorial Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] Nintendo responds to Greenpeace report Takes eco responsibilities "seriously" eurogamer.net impressions Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] Ubisoft shows Conviction's split-screen eurogamer.net media Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] EA confirms Wii NBA Jam revival Exclusive and out this year. eurogamer.net news Iga_Bobovic
[computerandvideogames.com] Madworld 2 headed to Wii? computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Aliens RPG video leaked? computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[gamasutra.com] Opinion: What went wrong? With PSP minis, DSi and WiiWare gamasutra.com gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Eurogamer review 3D Dot game Heroes 7/10 "A one trick Pony" eurogamer.net impressions gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Criterion scotch NFS rumours eurogamer.net gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Fable 3 reveal next month eurogamer.net gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] RE5 Gold Edition pics gamekyo.com media gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] New God of War 3 pics gamekyo.com media gamingeek
[youtube.com] Magic Obelisk video review youtube.com impressions gamingeek
[gonintendo.com] Rumour: Criterion's NFS artwork gonintendo.com media gamingeek
[kotaku.com] Metal Gear Solid movie stalled kotaku.com gamingeek
L4Dead with Mo. Controls PC motion controls at CES 1up.com media aspro
Netflix Hearts Nintendo Talkies coming to your Wii? 1up.com aspro
Killzone 3, InFamous 2, and Resistance 3  To be announced at E3? 1up.com news aspro
[ign.com] IGN preview No More Heroes Desperate Struggle Just wow… ign.com impressions gamingeek
[gamasutra.com] Warner Bros cuts jobs Monolith and more suffer gamasutra.com gamingeek
Online Gamer Plays Monopoly Just watch break.com media Yodariquo
[computerandvideogames.com] Explosive Lost Planet 2 pics computerandvideogames.com media gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] No More Heroes Paradise trailer gamekyo.com media gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] God of War Collection trailer gamekyo.com media gamingeek
[siliconera.com] Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love - impressions siliconera.com impressions Iga_Bobovic
The Top 5 Super Mario Games associatedcontent.com editorial Iga_Bobovic
[blogspot.com] Nintendo discontinues three more Wii titles Wario Land Shake, Mario Strikers Charged, Battalion Wars 2 blogspot.com news Iga_Bobovic
[mcvuk.com] EA: Fewer games on the way in 2010 mcvuk.com news Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] Broken Sword for iPhone next month Director's Cut gives you extra. eurogamer.net news Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] Red Ring of Death foils thief A real serial thriller. eurogamer.net news Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] GAME's GOWIII bundle costs £110 Skins! Blu-rays! Soundtracks! Art book. eurogamer.net news Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] PSP's Ace Combat Joint Assault dated Due summer with multiplayer for eight. eurogamer.net news Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] Rebellion to close Derby studio Rogue Warrior dev bites the dust. eurogamer.net news Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] GT5 demo downloaded a million times Time Trial popular in Europe. eurogamer.net news Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] Forza 3 AutoWeek DLC released The 10 hottest cars of 2010. eurogamer.net news Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] DOWII expansion Chaos Rising dated Chaos Marines! Level 30! Here in March. eurogamer.net news Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] Phoenix Wright on WiiWare this week Europeans can play on Friday. eurogamer.net news Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] Eurogamer reviews Army of Two: The 40th Day 7/10 eurogamer.net impressions Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] Eurogamer Podcast launches! The VG Press gets another competitor eurogamer.net news Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] IGN review Phoenix Wright Wiiware 6.0 " It's, essentially, a DS emulation running on the Nintendo Wii" ign.com impressions gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Reggie: Zelda Wii has to be perfect Thats the message from EAD computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
Darksiders 1up review B 1up.com impressions gamingeek
[edge-online.com] Wii approaches 60 million sold edge-online.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Hands on Medal of Honor reboot Sets itself apart from Modern Warfare? computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Hands on Bioshock eurogamer.net gamingeek
[destructoid.com] 10 tips for 3rd parties on Wii Because publishers suck destructoid.com gamingeek
[ign.com] Analyst NPD Preview: Nintendo Owns December ign.com impressions gamingeek
[ign.com] New Infinite Space Trailer ign.com media gamingeek
[vg247.com] Pachter sasses EA Big time "they are blaming everything on the environment" vg247.com gamingeek
[thevgpress.com] Pressroom Podcast #43 Foolz & Yoda go at it. thevgpress.com aspro
Could it be the end for endings? No. guardian.co.uk editorial Yodariquo
[gonintendo.com] Max and the Magic Marker dated for Europe 22 January gonintendo.com news Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] Bach: 70-80% of pubs doing Natal games MS wants third-parties "making money". eurogamer.net news Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] Euro Star Trek Online open beta begins Be quick, space is limited. eurogamer.net news Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] Only bad Wii games sell badly - Bloober WiiWare dev on Capcom's "bitching". eurogamer.net news Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] MS launches game-maker Kodu on PC Free beta hopes to attract schools. eurogamer.net news Iga_Bobovic
Japan 2009 final sales figures Nintendomination? Or PSramification? 1up.com gamingeek
FFXIII international trailer 1up.com media gamingeek
[gamesindustry.biz] Industry expects PS3 to bounce back in 2010 Wii to flounder gamesindustry.biz gamingeek
[edge-online.com] Red Dead Redemption has to sell 5 million copies Just to re-coup costs edge-online.com gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Nintendo trademarks Wii relax in the US eurogamer.net gamingeek
Tekken 6 Online Co-Op Japan gets it. andriasang.com news aspro
GT5 Delayed? You Betcha! Delayed.  Yes. andriasang.com aspro
FF13 Deleted Content Too hot to handle, enough for a 2nd game! andriasang.com news aspro
[edge-online.com] Netflix hits wii this spring will also require an "instant-streaming" disc to access Netflix edge-online.com gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Capcom making a Gamers game for Natal Now how about making one for Wii? eurogamer.net gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Metroid Other M hitting this year eurogamer.net gamingeek
[gamersyde.com] Sonic Racing trailer Perma Ban for anyone that buys this gamersyde.com media gamingeek
[nintendoworldreport.com] NWR Review Skycrawlers If you enjoy flight combat games then you should be headed out the door to buy this game right now nintendoworldreport.com impressions gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] RTS Games are going backwards Says Gas Powerered Games eurogamer.net gamingeek
[develop-online.net] Average dev budget balloons to near $30 million And for Wii? Like 10 bucks. develop-online.net gamingeek
[gamesradar.com] Gamesradar review Skycrawlers Fast planes and loads of shooting gamesradar.com impressions gamingeek
[siliconera.com] Sky Crawlers Descructoid review Even for someone who's not really into flight sims, this game is a fun play siliconera.com impressions gamingeek
[joystiq.com] Joystiq FFCC Crystal Bearers review Absolutely thrilling, till they hit a wall joystiq.com impressions gamingeek
Wii Sniper rifle footage LOLOLOLOL kombo.com media gamingeek
[nintendoeverything.com] Sengoku Basara 3 scans nintendoeverything.com gamingeek
[ign.com] The Magic Obelisk IGN review 8.0 (Remember its only 500 points) ign.com impressions gamingeek
[ign.com] THQ announce Beat city DS De Blob crossed with Rhythm Heaven? ign.com gamingeek
[gametrailers.com] Naughty Bear debut trailer Can you bear the bear's rage? gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Spelunker Japanese debut trailer gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Zen Pinball Ninja Gaiden trailer No jiggle physics gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] vvvvvv topsy turvy gameplay vvvvvv gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Army of Two: The 40th Day GT review 7.7 gametrailers.com impressions media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Armor Valley flight trailer gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gamespot.com] Spliner Cell Conviction GS co-op hands on gamespot.com impressions Foolz
[gamespot.com] CES 2010 photos gamespot.com media Foolz
[gamespot.com] Super Street Fighter IV updated GS hands-on gamespot.com impressions media Foolz
[gamespot.com] Nier GS impressions gamespot.com impressions Foolz
[destructoid.com] Destructoid's 9.0 Darksiders Review "one of the best action adventure games of the current generation." destructoid.com impressions phantom_leo
[neogaf.com] NPD December 2009 sales Holy crap neogaf.com news Iga_Bobovic
[gonintendo.com] Endless Ocean Blue World screens Screens of justice! gonintendo.com media gamingeek
PS3 DVR Kit For Japan Likely to com Stateside. andriasang.com news aspro
Cool Dragon Ball Z Cart DS game looks like Famicom cart. andriasang.com news aspro
Split second pics, 11 big ones gfdata.de media gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Rare to let publishers to borrow characters Who wants Banjo? computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
FPS gaming from a female’s POV A derogative word chart! regretfulmorning.com media Yodariquo
[edge-online.com] PS3 Japan getting DVR 250gb add on edge-online.com gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Streetfighter is worst movie of 2009 Average review score of 4% eurogamer.net impressions gamingeek
NIER 1up preview 1up.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Bioshock 2 reviews coming in PC Gamer and PSM3 computerandvideogames.com impressions gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Ubisoft 2010 to refocus on HD consoles "With a view to further reducing our exposure to the DS" eurogamer.net gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] 3D Dot Game Heroes dated for europe eurogamer.net gamingeek
[neogaf.com] Japan's top 100 sellers of 2009 neogaf.com gamingeek
Ubisoft financials Just Dance and Ass Creed 2 a success gamingeek
[gonintendo.com] Tatsukono vs Capcom Nintendo power review 9/10 gonintendo.com impressions gamingeek
Video preview of Shattered Memories wiifolder.com impressions gamingeek
[youtube.com] Last Window footage aka Hotel Dusk 2 youtube.com media gamingeek
[siliconera.com] Reggie talks Netflix, HD and Wii 2 siliconera.com gamingeek
[cnbc.com] Reggie video interview Seems Wii 2 is miles away cnbc.com gamingeek
[neogaf.com] NBA Jam Wii details BOOMSHAKALAKA neogaf.com gamingeek
Max and the Magic Marker launch trailer maxandthemagicmarker.com media gamingeek
[gamespot.com] Max & the Magic Marker Images gamespot.com media gamingeek
Last Flight website opens Zombie Slaughter on an aeroplane last-flight.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] DSi XL launches March 5th in europe With brown or wine red colour? Ewwww computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[gametrailers.com] Mass Effect trilogy interview gametrailers.com editorial media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Fantasy Earth ZERO debut US trailer gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Yakuza 4 raining money trailer Halelujah! gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Greed Corp The Land trailer gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Global Agenda launch trailer gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Old Republic developer despatch: designing the dar gametrailers.com editorial media Foolz
[gamespot.com] Silent Hill: Shattered memories PSP hands-on gamespot.com impressions Foolz
[gamespot.com] God of War 3 cleared for release down under Special edition $248 AUD gamespot.com news Foolz
[gamespot.com] Super Monkey Ball: Step and Roll updated hands-on gamespot.com impressions Foolz
[gamespot.com] Splinter Cell, R.U.S.E. delayed April for the former, next fiscal year for the latter gamespot.com news Foolz
New Pokemon Ranger Announced Path of Light andriasang.com news aspro
[gamekyo.com] New No More Heroes Paradise video Looking hot gamekyo.com gamingeek
[youtube.com] New Just Cause 2 interactive trailer! I choose your own adventure trailer, AWESOME! youtube.com media Dvader
Official RE5 Gold Edition website With boxart residentevil.com media Dvader
[neogaf.com] Games TM reviews Mass Effect 2 etc neogaf.com impressions gamingeek
[kotaku.com] SEGA Wanted Dreamcast in Xbox 1 Negotiations fell apart kotaku.com gamingeek
Ezio will return in Assasins Creed 3 Online multiplayer this fiscal year 1up.com gamingeek
[kotaku.com] Japanese newspaper defends DS2 reporting Iwata DID say it would have highly detailed graphics kotaku.com gamingeek
[edge-online.com] BBC iPlayer use up 74% from consoles “One in eight of all TV requests are now coming from either a Nintendo Wii or Sony PS3 console, which is an increase of 74% since November 2009.” edge-online.com gamingeek
[gamasutra.com] Opinion: The culture Clash of Bayonetta the debate over the aesthetics of Platinum Games' Bayonetta, exploring context for "taste" gamasutra.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] I am Alive gets complete reboot From Darkworks to Ubi Shanghai computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[businessweek.com] Reggie: The next Wii not coming soon Therefore expect an imminent announcement businessweek.com news Yodariquo
[eurogamer.net] Beyond Good and Evil 2 Still in production eurogamer.net gamingeek
[capcom.co.jp] RE5 alternative edition new video capcom.co.jp gamingeek
8 pics of God of War 3 in one click Stone man with hammer gfdata.de media gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Mass Effect 2 pics I'm not posting these in the comments Steel! gamekyo.com media gamingeek
Max and the Magic marker demo Flash based maxandthemagicmarker.com gamingeek
Trauma team featurette atlus.com gamingeek
[flickr.com] Trauma team screens flickr.com gamingeek
[gonintendo.com] Anita Frazier NPD Analysis gonintendo.com gamingeek
[gonintendo.com] NBA Jam first screen gonintendo.com gamingeek
Sands of Descruction differences Between japan and western versions otakuxgamer.com gamingeek
Nolan North Interview Is his mother cubbi gummi? gamepro.com gamingeek
Iwata asks: DSi XL nintendodsi.com gamingeek
[youtube.com] Zankgeki no Reginleiv intro youtube.com media gamingeek
[nintendo.co.jp] Zangeki no Reginleiv site update Media and info nintendo.co.jp gamingeek
Videogame statistics infographic Because everyone loves statistics onlineeducation.net media news Yodariquo
[gamasutra.com] Top Ten best selling games of 2009 for US. Wiiiiiiiiii gamasutra.com news Dvader
[ign.com] Darksiders: Second Opinion ...it keeps things fresh from start to finish. ign.com phantom_leo
[gametrailers.com] ModNation Racers Customization Nation trailer gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Rocketbirds Revolution! debut launch trailer gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Napoleon: Total War Chapter 2 trailer gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Air Tonelico III Japanese TV spot, overview trailer, and gameplay trailer! gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Naughty Bear Play Nice trailer gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Splinter Cell CES walkthrough gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Tatsunoko vs Capcom GT preview gametrailers.com impressions media Foolz
[kotaku.com] You Will Believe a Hamster Can Fly! I dunno. Let's test this theory! kotaku.com phantom_leo
[kotaku.com] Next Assassin's Creed to include Multiplayer Because that's what everyone wanted kotaku.com news Yodariquo
[eurogamer.net] Napoleon: Total War eurogamer hands on eurogamer.net impressions Foolz
[eurogamer.net] Starship Portal eurogamer review 8/10...anothe rone. sigh. eurogamer.net impressions Foolz
[eurogamer.net] Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days eurogamer preview eurogamer.net impressions Foolz
[eurogamer.net] Making it special eurogamer article Specialise or die eurogamer.net editorial Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Calling Doll Room gameplay gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Calling controls and features walkthrough 1 and 2 Lotsa footage! gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Halo Waypoint Midnight in Midlothian trailer gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] gran turismo 5 Toyota FT-86 G sports concept gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Alien vs. Predator kill moves You kill with them gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Mass Effect 2: Exclusive Sci vs Fi Doc Part I They thought that title through... gametrailers.com media Foolz
RE5 Gold Content Was Intended for Orig. Capcom caught again. andriasang.com news aspro
[ign.com] Moronic IGN article about blind love of Mario. An idiot writes something. ign.com editorial Dvader
Ubisoft cut Red Steel 2 sales prediction In wake of low Avatar sales totalvideogames.com gamingeek
[gonintendo.com] NBA Jam Motion controls Oh hell no, please just use the remote alone gonintendo.com gamingeek
1up review Shattered Memories PS2/P C+ 1up.com impressions gamingeek
[gamasutra.com] Hudson Mature Wii games Focus On Passion, Not Platform gamasutra.com gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] The Anti-aliasing effect How consoles are fighting the jag war eurogamer.net gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Quantum Theory screens and video gamekyo.com media gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Ghost recon has evolved so much It will rival Assasins Creed in 2011 computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[gamespot.com] No More Heroes Desperate Struggle videos 3 new ones plus impressions gamespot.com impressions media gamingeek
Kimura Little King Interview "I hate JRPGs" otakuxgamer.com gamingeek
Porn stars love games Videos of game loving women gamedaily.com media gamingeek
[gametrailers.com] Earthworm Jim 2 - Virtual Console Gameplay gametrailers.com gamingeek
[gametrailers.com] Final Fight 3 - Virtual Console Gameplay gametrailers.com gamingeek
[ign.com] New NBA Jam Details ign.com gamingeek
[ign.com] Muscle March Gameplay Trailer ign.com media gamingeek
PS3 Motion Controller This Year g4tv.com news aspro
Heavy Rain Will Have 2 Covers People are cry babies. psxextreme.com news aspro
[kotaku.com] SCEA "December Best Month Evah..." 90% Increase in hardware sales. kotaku.com news aspro
THQ Enters Music Genre Beat City kombo.com news aspro
Saint's Row 3 Rumor Forum, Twitter rumblings. incgamers.com news aspro
MW2 Price Drops $45USD is new MSRP punchjump.com news aspro
[independent.co.uk] Activision Clears 1 Billion $$ CoD is bigger than Jesus. independent.co.uk news aspro
82% of Parents Know ESRB Yeah right. terminalgamer.com news aspro
Activision Confirms DJ Hero 2 Yay? mtv.com news aspro
Why Japan is Better Yakuza 4 Pre-order - Whiskey Flask andriasang.com news aspro
First Look at NEW Pokemon Ranger andriasang.com media aspro
[kotaku.com] Mega Man Zero Coming to Nintendo DS! A Collection of All Four Games! kotaku.com phantom_leo
Display: Order by:

<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 46369
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 13:28:22

You need to bleach it lighter Iga.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 46369
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 13:58:41

Rockstar San Diego’s Red Dead Redemption "was a complete disaster for most of 2009” and “there are huge problems with it still", according to Rockstar sources close Joystiq.

The site’s moles say that mismanagement has resulted in the game taking over six years to make, leaving it incapable of recouping its development costs unless it surpasses five million sales.

"The functional team that was Midnight Club was shattered,” said one source. “All the people who didn't quit or get fired were thrown onto Red Dead Redemption, many of them being demoted. The completely dysfunctional team that is RDR was put to top priority. The people who had floundered on that project or outright screwed it up were promoted and are now in complete control of the studio, and they're running it into the ground."

Originally scheduled to launch last year for PS3 and Xbox 360, Red Dead Redemption’s release was pushed back to the first half of the 2010 business year ending April 30, 2010.

Earlier this week a blogger going by the name "Rockstar Spouse" claimed that poor working conditions at Rockstar San Diego are negatively affecting the quality of life of the studio's employees and their family members. Signed by the “Determined Devoted Wives of Rockstar San Diego employees”, the blog post alleges numerous unfair working practices at the studio and threatens legal action if they aren’t addressed.

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:22:04
hi guys.  i'm back after 4 days in the hospital.  i had a car wreck coming home from a night out on saturday.

what's been up, what have i missed?

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 15997
News Posts: 720
Joined: 2009-02-25
 
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:28:32

bugsonglass said:
hi guys.  i'm back after 4 days in the hospital.  i had a car wreck coming home from a night out on saturday.

what's been up, what have i missed?

We all sat around in a circle and sang kum-bah-ya after talking for 3 days non-stop about how much we enjoyed the Sega Saturn and how we wished the Phantom had actually come out.  And there was a lot of talk about wangs, but there's really nothing new in that.

Sorry about the accident.  4 days in the hospital doesn't sound like it was just a little fender bender.  Glad you at least made it out.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 46369
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:29:32

What's going on with the VGPress excitement meter?

I thought you guys were into 3D Dot game heroes?

Reviews are coming in.

3D Dot Game Heroes Mega Hype Thread!!!

bugsonglass said:
hi guys.  i'm back after 4 days in the hospital.  i had a car wreck coming home from a night out on saturday.

what's been up, what have i missed?

Hope you're allright. Was it your car? You weren't drink driving were you? What injuries did you have?

Angry Monkey is back.

Edited: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:30:14

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 46369
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:31:54

Do you agree?

Industry expects PS3 to bounce back in 2010

Sony's PlayStation 3 is set to bounce back in 2010, with expectations that it will be more successful in the next 12 months than rival consoles from Nintendo and Microsoft.

Results from the latest GamesIndustry.biz Network survey show that 34 per cent of industry professionals are backing Sony's home console, in a year that will see major software such as Gran Turismo 5, Heavy Rain and God of War III released, along with a brand new motion control peripheral for the system.

The support is almost double that of last year, when only 16.4 per cent of those surveyed saw a positive 2009 for the PlayStation 3, at a time when it was still hampered by a high price point at retail and a number of different SKUs.

Not far behind Sony in the survey is Microsoft and the Xbox 360 with 29.9% of votes, a console that has already sold 39 million units worldwide and with the positive buzz surrounding Project Natal is on track to enjoy another strong year.

The biggest upset in the poll is that while last year Nintendo lead the market, the survey suggests that Apple's iPhone is likely to have a better year than the Wii in 2010.

Support for Nintendo's home console was only 9.3 per cent compared to the massive 54.4 per cent a year earlier. Although still strong, growth has stalled for the console in contrast to Apple's handheld, which is still relatively new to the market.

Looking at publishers expected to be the most successful this year, and once again Activision Blizzard comes out on top with a massive 43.7 per cent of votes, up from the 30.6 per cent last year, as it prepares to release new IP such as Blur and Singularity as well as new updates to its Call of Duty and Hero franchises. Meanwhile Blizzard is set to release StarCraft II, and possible Diablo III and World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Electronic Arts receives around the same percentage of votes as last year, as it gets off to a busy first quarter with Army of Two: The 40th Day, Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Nintendo sees a significant drop off again, down from the support of over 20.7 per cent of those surveyed for 2009 to just 9.4 per cent for 2010.

The GamesIndustry.biz Network consists of over 10,200 members working in all areas of the games business, from publishing and development to retail and education. Readers interested in signing up can do so here.

The full results follow:

Platform expected to be the most successful in 2010

  • PlayStation 3: 34%
  • Xbox 360: 29.9%
  • iPhone: 10.2%
  • Wii: 9.3%
  • Others: 16.6%

Publishers expected to be the most successful in 2010

  • Activision Blizzard: 43.7%
  • Electronic Arts: 18.8%
  • Nintendo: 9.4%
  • Sony: 6.2%
  • Square Enix: 5.6%
  • Others: 16.3%


avatar
Country: US
Comments: 15997
News Posts: 720
Joined: 2009-02-25
 
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:40:11

gamingeek said:

I don't know if it's going to bounce back per say, as much as it will sustain it's momentum. It will continue to sell and not suck like it did until the price cut.  I don't think its going to get a huge boost nor do I think it'll outsell the Wii.  I could see it routinely outselling the 360 though unless that console gets another good price drop.

The economy still sucks and I'm not real encouraged by anything I see. That's still going to be the biggest hurdle.  $300 is still a good chunk to throw down when you're unemployed you know?  

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:45:51

gamingeek said:

bugsonglass said:
hi guys.  i'm back after 4 days in the hospital.  i had a car wreck coming home from a night out on saturday.

what's been up, what have i missed?

Hope you're allright. Was it your car? You weren't drink driving were you? What injuries did you have?

Angry Monkey is back.

Angry Monkey!!!  Awesome.  Hope you will stop trying to tempt me into AC now finally!

It was my parents car.  I totaled it and will have to pay for it.  I fell asleep and ran into the back of a parked car.  Luckily i was wearing the seat belt so my injuries aren't too bad.  I did get several dozen stitched inside the mouth and some outside though, but i didn't lose any teeth or break any bones.

the worst was that my room-mate in the hospital was a fella by the name of Jaime from Guadalajara.  I knew then that steel had sent one of his cronies to do me in at night while i slept, hitman style!  Had to stay up all night in vigil

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 46369
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:48:46

bugsonglass said:

gamingeek said:

bugsonglass said:
hi guys.  i'm back after 4 days in the hospital.  i had a car wreck coming home from a night out on saturday.

what's been up, what have i missed?

Hope you're allright. Was it your car? You weren't drink driving were you? What injuries did you have?

Angry Monkey is back.

Angry Monkey!!!  Awesome.  Hope you will stop trying to tempt me into AC now finally!

It was my parents car.  I totaled it and will have to pay for it.  I fell asleep and ran into the back of a parked car.  Luckily i was wearing the seat belt so my injuries aren't too bad.  I did get several dozen stitched inside the mouth and some outside though, but i didn't lose any teeth or break any bones.

the worst was that my room-mate in the hospital was a fella by the name of Jaime from Guadalajara.  I knew then that steel had sent one of his cronies to do me in at night while i slept, hitman style!  Had to stay up all night in vigil

LOL Good move.

Yeowch though. You need to be more careful. You had comprehensive insurance right?

You may have a cool scar now, like a Bond villain. The ladies love that.

Monkey could not get a new AC disc so I will still bug you. My wii has been sent off for repairs, hopefully I wont lose my saves.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 46369
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:54:08

robio said:

gamingeek said:

I don't know if it's going to bounce back per say, as much as it will sustain it's momentum. It will continue to sell and not suck like it did until the price cut.  I don't think its going to get a huge boost nor do I think it'll outsell the Wii.  I could see it routinely outselling the 360 though unless that console gets another good price drop.

The economy still sucks and I'm not real encouraged by anything I see. That's still going to be the biggest hurdle.  $300 is still a good chunk to throw down when you're unemployed you know?  

Natal wont launch till end of this year so I think 360 wont have the shot in the arm that will make it succeed.

I think PS3 will sell more as soon as price cuts hit in stages, Blu-Ray is very attractive too.

I would like to see how this survey qualifies "success" though, because if we are talking pure sales I still think the Wii sell the most units this year.

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 15:09:04

gamingeek said:

bugsonglass said:

gamingeek said:

bugsonglass said:
hi guys.  i'm back after 4 days in the hospital.  i had a car wreck coming home from a night out on saturday.

what's been up, what have i missed?

Hope you're allright. Was it your car? You weren't drink driving were you? What injuries did you have?

Angry Monkey is back.

Angry Monkey!!!  Awesome.  Hope you will stop trying to tempt me into AC now finally!

It was my parents car.  I totaled it and will have to pay for it.  I fell asleep and ran into the back of a parked car.  Luckily i was wearing the seat belt so my injuries aren't too bad.  I did get several dozen stitched inside the mouth and some outside though, but i didn't lose any teeth or break any bones.

the worst was that my room-mate in the hospital was a fella by the name of Jaime from Guadalajara.  I knew then that steel had sent one of his cronies to do me in at night while i slept, hitman style!  Had to stay up all night in vigil

LOL Good move.

Yeowch though. You need to be more careful. You had comprehensive insurance right?

You may have a cool scar now, like a Bond villain. The ladies love that.

Monkey could not get a new AC disc so I will still bug you. My wii has been sent off for repairs, hopefully I wont lose my saves.

No, buddy.  only insured against 3rd parties.  So I am going to have to pay many thousands of euros for a new car for my parents and will also have my premium raised like hell for whatever the insurance pays for the car i ran into.  I'm trying to be positive about being alive and able to walk and, almost, smile ... (I can't eat yet), but i am in pretty big financial shit and will also have to go to court for DUI.

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 46369
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 15:12:03

bugsonglass said:

gamingeek said:

bugsonglass said:

gamingeek said:

bugsonglass said:
hi guys.  i'm back after 4 days in the hospital.  i had a car wreck coming home from a night out on saturday.

what's been up, what have i missed?

Hope you're allright. Was it your car? You weren't drink driving were you? What injuries did you have?

Angry Monkey is back.

Angry Monkey!!!  Awesome.  Hope you will stop trying to tempt me into AC now finally!

It was my parents car.  I totaled it and will have to pay for it.  I fell asleep and ran into the back of a parked car.  Luckily i was wearing the seat belt so my injuries aren't too bad.  I did get several dozen stitched inside the mouth and some outside though, but i didn't lose any teeth or break any bones.

the worst was that my room-mate in the hospital was a fella by the name of Jaime from Guadalajara.  I knew then that steel had sent one of his cronies to do me in at night while i slept, hitman style!  Had to stay up all night in vigil

LOL Good move.

Yeowch though. You need to be more careful. You had comprehensive insurance right?

You may have a cool scar now, like a Bond villain. The ladies love that.

Monkey could not get a new AC disc so I will still bug you. My wii has been sent off for repairs, hopefully I wont lose my saves.

No, buddy.  only insured against 3rd parties.  So I am going to have to pay many thousands of euros for a new car for my parents and will also have my premium raised like hell for whatever the insurance pays for the car i ran into.  I'm trying to be positive about being alive and able to walk and, almost, smile ... (I can't eat yet), but i am in pretty big financial shit and will also have to go to court for DUI.

Oh hell that's bad.

I was 3rd party for years before I could afford it. Could your parents accept a second hand cheaper car?

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 15997
News Posts: 720
Joined: 2009-02-25
 
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 15:17:39

gamingeek said:

Do you agree?

Industry expects PS3 to bounce back in 2010

Publishers expected to be the most successful in 2010

  • Activision Blizzard: 43.7%
  • Electronic Arts: 18.8%
  • Nintendo: 9.4%
  • Sony: 6.2%
  • Square Enix: 5.6%
  • Others: 16.3%


The more I look at this survey the more cross-eyed it starts to make me.  Publishers expected to be successful and Nintendo is at the bottom of the list??  In a year where they have a Mario game, a Metroid Game, a Zelda game, and a Pokemon game coming out they come in at 9.4%???  Is that a joke?  Yeah this has absolutely no credibility.

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 15:22:15

gamingeek said:


LOL Good move.

Yeowch though. You need to be more careful. You had comprehensive insurance right?

You may have a cool scar now, like a Bond villain. The ladies love that.

Monkey could not get a new AC disc so I will still bug you. My wii has been sent off for repairs, hopefully I wont lose my saves.

No, buddy.  only insured against 3rd parties.  So I am going to have to pay many thousands of euros for a new car for my parents and will also have my premium raised like hell for whatever the insurance pays for the car i ran into.  I'm trying to be positive about being alive and able to walk and, almost, smile ... (I can't eat yet), but i am in pretty big financial shit and will also have to go to court for DUI.

Oh hell that's bad.

I was 3rd party for years before I could afford it. Could your parents accept a second hand cheaper car?

I'm sure they'll be as nice about it as they can, i'll see what can be worked out with them.  

How much are you paying to have your wii fixed?  was it just for the artefacting?  is iga getting his fixed?

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 46369
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 15:25:40

bugsonglass said:

gamingeek said:


LOL Good move.

Yeowch though. You need to be more careful. You had comprehensive insurance right?

You may have a cool scar now, like a Bond villain. The ladies love that.

Monkey could not get a new AC disc so I will still bug you. My wii has been sent off for repairs, hopefully I wont lose my saves.

No, buddy.  only insured against 3rd parties.  So I am going to have to pay many thousands of euros for a new car for my parents and will also have my premium raised like hell for whatever the insurance pays for the car i ran into.  I'm trying to be positive about being alive and able to walk and, almost, smile ... (I can't eat yet), but i am in pretty big financial shit and will also have to go to court for DUI.

Oh hell that's bad.

I was 3rd party for years before I could afford it. Could your parents accept a second hand cheaper car?

I'm sure they'll be as nice about it as they can, i'll see what can be worked out with them.  

How much are you paying to have your wii fixed?  was it just for the artefacting?  is iga getting his fixed?

Yeah it's for the artifacts. Should cost £70 as a flat charge. Iga said when they fixed his GPU he lost all his saves. Half the stuff on my drive cannot be backed up.

madworld-20090220044618551_640w.jpg

avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9419
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 15:31:03

 "Industry expects PS3 to bounce back and Wii to flounder"

Hey update guy, why are you posting 2007 news?

"Industry expects PS3 to bounce back in 2010"

2010! WTF! Did they.... aaaahhh whatever these guys are nuts.


Edited: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 15:32:18
The VG Press
avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 15:36:07

gamingeek said:
Yeah it's for the artifacts. Should cost £70 as a flat charge. Iga said when they fixed his GPU he lost all his saves. Half the stuff on my drive cannot be backed up.

madworld-20090220044618551_640w.jpg

What will you do if you lose a year's worth of Animal Crossing?  Will you be cured of your addiction and never play it again?

Madworld 2 !!!!! WOW.  I want it.  NAO.  Some publishers must be happy with how their games sell on the wii even if they don't make first party numbers.

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 46369
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 15:40:59

bugsonglass said:

gamingeek said:

What will you do if you lose a year's worth of Animal Crossing?  Will you be cured of your addiction and never play it again?

Madworld 2 !!!!! WOW.  I want it.  NAO.  Some publishers must be happy with how their games sell on the wii even if they don't make first party numbers.

I'll sell it.

Er, sorry that pic is just art I found, Madworld 2 hasn't been announced although the producer said that they would in interested in making a sequel. Sega appear against it because of Dead Space Extraction sales.

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 15:53:08

gamingeek said:

bugsonglass said:

gamingeek said:

What will you do if you lose a year's worth of Animal Crossing?  Will you be cured of your addiction and never play it again?

Madworld 2 !!!!! WOW.  I want it.  NAO.  Some publishers must be happy with how their games sell on the wii even if they don't make first party numbers.

I'll sell it.

Er, sorry that pic is just art I found, Madworld 2 hasn't been announced although the producer said that they would in interested in making a sequel. Sega appear against it because of Dead Space Extraction sales.

sega is fuckin stupid.  they probably bought the first Madworld for a song, released it with no support and still made a profit.  now they're getting greedy.  let's see them play ball on the big consoles.  will they get their money from mario olympics to fund their X360/ps3 projects, ubisoft style?

ps so iga lost all those 100% games?  


Edited: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 15:56:09

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6345
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 16:11:44
gamingeek said:

Do you agree?

Industry expects PS3 to bounce back in 2010

Sony's PlayStation 3 is set to bounce back in 2010, with expectations that it will be more successful in the next 12 months than rival consoles from Nintendo and Microsoft. 

Platform expected to be the most successful in 2010

  • PlayStation 3: 34% 
  • Wii: 9.3% 

 Bwahahahahahaahahaha haha haa....haa....wooo.  Ok, ok, I'm good. I'm good.  HAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAA

Edited: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 16:12:03

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
SupremeAC (6m) travo (6m)
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?