GG Weekly Videogame News RSS Feed
Lionhead preview site up. Black & White 3? lionhead.com Dvader
[edge-online.com] GTA 3 Time extend feature edge-online.com gamingeek
[ign.com] SK on Eternal Darkness Sequel and Leaked IP ign.com gamingeek
[gamesindustry.biz] Sony patent emotion reading tech Uh oh gamesindustry.biz gamingeek
[gamesindustry.biz] Blizzard question Natal accuracy Uh oh gamesindustry.biz gamingeek
[ign.com] Drawn to Life Wii: Updated Hands-on This game deserves to draw big crowds. Pencil its release in. ign.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Splinter Cell Conviction images computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] CVG Shadow Complex review computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Exclusive Alan Wake video presentation eurogamer.net gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Shadow Complex Eurogamer review Does it stack up to Metroid? eurogamer.net gamingeek
New FF 13 scan imagebam.com gamingeek
LA Noire 10 pics gfdata.de gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Silicon Knights hiring for Action RPG Too Human 2 incoming? gamekyo.com gamingeek
[youtube.com] Madworld finisher that didn't make it in Video: Sticks a gun in the guys anus youtube.com gamingeek
[gonintendo.com] Capcom to reveal secret game At Gamescon gonintendo.com gamingeek
[nintendoeverything.com] Iwata trying to make Holiday 09 best ever nintendoeverything.com gamingeek
New SUper Mario bros Wii footage fnintendo.net gamingeek
FFCC Crystal Bearers pics Bit blurry true-gaming.net gamingeek
[impress.co.jp] Monster Hunter 3 screens of giant fish impress.co.jp gamingeek
[easports.com] Randy Couture To EA MMA ...Not much more really. easports.com darthhomer
[gonintendo.com] TMNT Smash up coming to PS2? It had to happen gonintendo.com gamingeek
[siliconera.com] Ju On The Grudge Euro trailer Looks fun siliconera.com gamingeek
[neogaf.com] Loads of Heavy Rain pics. Faces, lots of faces. neogaf.com Dvader
[youtube.com] Dead Nation annouced for PSN! Trailer of Zombie game by Super Stardust Team youtube.com Dvader
[neogaf.com] PS3 Slim Official - 120GB, $300 All PS3s are $300 now. neogaf.com Dvader
[playstation.com] Water comes to LBP!!!!! !!!!!! playstation.com Dvader
[ign.com] Info on MGS Peace Walker multiplayer. Four Snakes are better than one. ign.com Dvader
Peter Moore talks about EA MMA game and Dana wow the first time VGPress is linked to Sherdog, I feel dirty sherdog.com Iga_Bobovic
Rabbids Go Home Gamescon trailer wiitalia.it gamingeek
[gonintendo.com] Academy of Champions has Ubisoft champs Altair, Sam Fisher, Rabbids and more gonintendo.com gamingeek
[gametrailers.com] Muramasa: The Demon Blade Exclusive Locations Trailer gametrailers.com gamingeek
[gonintendo.com] Metroid Prime developers voice video gonintendo.com gamingeek
Rabbids Go Home customisation video truegameheadz.com gamingeek
[kotaku.com] PS3 FYE Price-Cuts? kotaku.com Ravenprose
[neogaf.com] Famitsu shows new Strider? And Tenchu 5 neogaf.com Dvader
[kotaku.com] PS3's Satin Silver Dualshock "Dualshock 3 is getting three spiffy new colors this fall: Satin Silver, Deep Red and Metallic Blue." kotaku.com Ravenprose
[kotaku.com] PSN Down "For Maintenance" "During Sony's GamesCom Press Conference." kotaku.com Ravenprose
[kotaku.com] Bethesda Clarifies No Elder Scrolls V Statement ESV coming  . . . eventually kotaku.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Nintendo Minute: 08.17.09 ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Spore Hero Trailer ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Nintendo Voice Chat on Hold ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Report: Xbox 360 Failure Rate Reaches 54% "New survey says Microsoft's [RROD] contines to rise. ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Rocksteady Is Not Developing Hitman 5 "Eidos confirms studio behind Batman: Arkham Asylum isn't involved." ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Rare and Natal: Classics Reborn? "Developer looking at back catalog for Natal revivals." ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Mushihime Sama Futari Screenshots "Japan gets the next sh'mup in November." ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Xbox 360's Got the Sh'mups ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Espgaluda II Screenshots ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Xbox Arcade UK Price Hike? ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Xbox 360's 2009 Report Card ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Supercar Challenge Images ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Mini Ninjas Demo Coming Soon ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] GC 2009: Cry Engine 3 Demo ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Playlogic Announces Fairytale Fights Release Date North America this October ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] GC 2009: Flower Postmortem ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Mixed Martial Arts Hall of Famer Randy Couture Bolsters EA Sports MMA Roster ign.com Ravenprose
Hands On: Deca Sports 2 blogfaction.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] GC 2009: Next-Gen Console Theories and CryEngine 3 ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Wet Documentary Video ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] GC 2009: PS3 Slim Predictions ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Rage Rewind Theater "The end of the world is just the beginning of your fight for survival." ign.com Ravenprose
Earthworm Jim Coming To PSN/XBLA/WiiWare GROOVY! aussie-nintendo.com darthhomer
[youtube.com] Wizardry DS - Trailer Looks better than CoD4 Wii. No joke! youtube.com Iga_Bobovic
[youtube.com] Red Steel 2 dev walkthrough video A new area! youtube.com gamingeek
[youtube.com] GC 2009: Sega games trailer. At least it shows Bayonetta... youtube.com Dvader
GC 2009: MGS Peace Walker official trailer I hate the PSP konami.jp Dvader
[gametrailers.com] GC 2009: Heavy Rain gameplay After this video few the other one to see the changes gametrailers.com Dvader
[gametrailers.com] GC 2009: Damage in GT5 video Its not a myth. gametrailers.com Dvader
GC 2009: Castlevania LoS trailer!! Watching now, so excited. konami.jp Dvader
[eurogamer.net] Brink GC shots Bethesda Splash Damage shooter eurogamer.net gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] FF14 gameplay footage eurogamer.net gamingeek
[gamasutra.com] The Making of the Conduit article gamasutra.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Tower of Shadow media Game where you play as a shadow gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] MGS Peachwalker media Spelling mistake! gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Silent Hill Shattered Memories pics gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Castlevania Lords of Shadow media gamekyo.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Red Steel 2 GC pics The Ninja computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
Monster Hunter 3 GC trailer Gamesvideos warning 1up.com gamingeek
[edge-online.com] RAGE EDGE mag preview Doom in Arizona edge-online.com gamingeek
[gamesindustry.biz] Sony and MS financially exhausted From the price wars gamesindustry.biz gamingeek
[ign.com] GC 2009: Forza 3 Screens ign.com gamingeek
[ign.com] GC 2009: Singularity Pics ign.com gamingeek
[ign.com] GC 2009: Blur Images ign.com gamingeek
[ign.com] GC 2009: Dark Void Screens ign.com gamingeek
[ign.com] GC 2009: Lost Planet 2 Images ign.com gamingeek
[ign.com] Modern Warfare Wii Screens Will you laugh or cry? ign.com gamingeek
[ign.com] GC 2009: Spyborgs Shots ign.com gamingeek
[ign.com] Tatsunoko vs. Capcom:GC Images ign.com gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] PS3 Motion controller at TGS eurogamer.net gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Exclusive Fable 3 preview eurogamer.net gamingeek
Fable 3 pictures 15 pics one click gfdata.de gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] New Saboteur video gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Fable 3 announced, first video gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Mass Effect 2 grunt images gamekyo.com gamingeek
[impress.co.jp] Monster Hunter 3 screens The city gate impress.co.jp gamingeek
[gametrailers.com] Muramasa: The Demon Blade Walkthrough videos gametrailers.com gamingeek
[ign.com] Spyborgs IGN Boss videos ign.com gamingeek
[gonintendo.com] Indiana Jones Staff of Kings $20 Yes, Fate of Atlantis here we come! gonintendo.com gamingeek
[gametrailers.com] Scribblenauts - Creative Director Interview gametrailers.com gamingeek
[gametrailers.com] Guitar Hero 5 - Music Studio Walkthrough gametrailers.com gamingeek
[gamespot.com] Dragon Age Origins trailer. I got nothing gamespot.com Dvader
[gamespot.com] Eye Pet trailer. Thats not bad, drawings come to life. gamespot.com Dvader
[gamersyde.com] Mass Effect 2 trailer. I want to play. gamersyde.com Dvader
[ign.com] White Knight Chronicles trailer Meh. ign.com Dvader
[neogaf.com] New God of War 3 screens! Kratos vs Hades. neogaf.com Dvader
[vg247.com] Brutal Legend demo coming Sept. 17 To both consoles. vg247.com Dvader
[playstation.com] PS3 Firmware 3.0 details Better trophy system, clock fixed. playstation.com Dvader
[ign.com] Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles GC trailer! I'm breaking my own rule for this, CHRIS! ign.com Dvader
[gametrailers.com] New Uncharted 2 trailer. Very moody. gametrailers.com Dvader
[youtube.com] Ratchet and Clank ACIT trailer! NOW that is a trailer! Looks like a movie. youtube.com Dvader
[gamespot.com] Gran Turismo 5 info Rag puts it all in one place. gamespot.com Dvader
New Heavy Rain trailer. OMG!!! (OK I havent seen it yet) photobucket.com Dvader
Starcraft 2 to require online registration Oh DRM, what would we do without you? gossipgamers.com Yodariquo
[vg247.com] Bethesda's Mature Wii Game Unvealed Holy Shit! This honestly looks better than Red Steel 2! vg247.com Punk Rebel Ecks
[ign.com] Gran Turismo 5 gameplay vids I cant wait ign.com Dvader
[gamesindustry.biz] Wii Sports resort sales up 44% in Japan Yet DQ9 tops the charts, again gamesindustry.biz gamingeek
FF13 360 is 70% complete 1up.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Gearboxes Borderlands pics gamekyo.com gamingeek
FF14 hands on at 1up 1up.com gamingeek
[edge-online.com] Ninja Theory sign with Namco for new game edge-online.com gamingeek
[gamesindustry.biz] Molyneux: Stay clear of blockbusters Avoid the blast radius gamesindustry.biz gamingeek
[ign.com] GRIN was working on Final Fantasy??? Action game based off FFXII? ign.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Just Cause 2 trailer computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Aliens vs Predator images gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] WET images gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] SEGA announce a new Total War game gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] RAGE: 4 new images gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Alpha Protocol pics gamekyo.com gamingeek
Pro Evo 2010 Wii screens escuadronpikmin.com gamingeek
[gonintendo.com] Monster Hunter 3 to feature Wii Speak?!!!! "Very minumum for western players" gonintendo.com gamingeek
[gonintendo.com] Tower of Shadow press release Due out Spring 2010 gonintendo.com gamingeek
Gamepro quick impressions GC 2009 gamepro.com gamingeek
Cursed Mountain gamepro impressions gamepro.com gamingeek
[gametrailers.com] Zelda: Spirit Tracks GC 09 Stylus Attack Tutorial Gameplay (Cam) gametrailers.com gamingeek
[gametrailers.com] New Super Mario Bros. Wii GC 09 Desert Gameplay (Cam) gametrailers.com gamingeek
[gamespot.com] Modern Warfare Wii Impressions Gamespot gamespot.com gamingeek
[ign.com] GC 2009: Golden Sun DS Trailer ign.com gamingeek
[ign.com] GC 2009: New Super Mario Bros. Wii Videos ign.com gamingeek
[ign.com] GC 2009: Red Steel 2 Videos IGN ign.com gamingeek
[ign.com] The Psychology of Silent Hill Video ign.com gamingeek
[ign.com] Zelda: Spirit Tracks Hands-on IGN ign.com gamingeek
[ign.com] GC 2009: DJ Hero Hands-On IGN ign.com gamingeek
[ign.com] GC 2009: Spore Hero Hands-on IGN ign.com gamingeek
[videogamer.com] Dead SPace Extraction preview The hardcore you've been waiting for? videogamer.com gamingeek
[nintendoeverything.com] Metroid Prime Trilogy What's improved nintendoeverything.com gamingeek
Bethesda new game announcement coming A 2010 game announced in the next 2 months mtv.com gamingeek
[gonintendo.com] Famitsu scans Samurai Warriors 3 and more gonintendo.com gamingeek
[impress.co.jp] More DQ9 screens impress.co.jp gamingeek
[youtube.com] Cursed Mountain first look videos youtube.com gamingeek
[joystiq.com] Tower of Shadow first gameplay footage That shadow Wii game. joystiq.com Dvader
[ign.com] First Look: Devil Kings 3 On PS3 and Wii: that's a first ign.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] CVG Silent Hill impressions How the psychology changes things computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[gamersyde.com] Perfect Dark comparison pics gamersyde.com gamingeek
SONIC themed Dubai amusement rides Aweeeeesome ameinfo.com gamingeek
[officialnintendomagazine.co.uk] Official Nintendo mag GC impressions officialnintendomagazine.co.uk gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Kojima confused by MGS His OWN stories! eurogamer.net gamingeek
[youtube.com] Spyborgs GC trailer Pumping youtube.com gamingeek
[kotaku.com] Modern Warfare Wii details Import your address book, drop in/out etc kotaku.com gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Batman AA Eurogamer review "it's the best superhero game, bar none." eurogamer.net Dvader
[computerandvideogames.com] Batman AA CVG review. "It's bloody brilliant" computerandvideogames.com Dvader
Batman AA 1up review. "The best Batman game to date." 1up.com Dvader
[joystiq.com] Batman AA Joystiq review. "The best licensed I have ever played" joystiq.com Dvader
[ign.com] Batman AA IGN review "Best comic book game ever." ign.com Dvader
[gamasutra.com] Shadow Complex is anti gay rights? Based on the work of anti-gay rights activist gamasutra.com gamingeek
[nintendoeverything.com] Activision to Wii owners: "We suck balls" Buy the Modern Warfare port if you want MW2 nintendoeverything.com gamingeek
[destructoid.com] Tim Schaefer interview Inspired by OOT and Mario 64 destructoid.com gamingeek
[kotaku.com] Darkside Chronicles camera is less shakey Other tidbits here too kotaku.com gamingeek
Sin and Punishment 2 videos fnintendo.net gamingeek
[gonintendo.com] Japan hardware sales Wii outsells PS3 7:1 gonintendo.com gamingeek
[gamespot.com] Monster Hunter 3 hands-on Gamespot gamespot.com gamingeek
[gonintendo.com] FFCC Crystal Bearers 3 new clips gonintendo.com gamingeek
[google.com] Direct feed Sengoku Basara 3 pics google.com gamingeek
[gonintendo.com] Little Burger Kings Story Burger chain partners with Marvelous gonintendo.com gamingeek
[thevgpress.com] The Press Room Episode #26 Oh Genesis, how we...vaguely recall you thevgpress.com Yodariquo
[ign.com] Wizard of Oz Videos ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Sega Announces Bleach: The 3rd Phantom Contest "Enter to win a sweet guitar." ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] WireWay Screenshots "Create your own puzzle environment." ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road IGN Hands-on ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] GC 2009: pop'n music Screens ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] GC 2009: Shaun White Snowboarding: World Stage Off-Screen ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] A Space Bounty Hunter in Texas IGN goes to Retro Studios to talk about Metroid Prime series ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] GC 2009: Rabbids Go Shopping ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] GC 2009: FFCC: Crystal Bearers Trailer "Subtitled in German." ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Namco Pushes Virtual Console Arcade "Twenty additional arcade classics on the way in Japan." ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] SEGA Announces New Character "for Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll" ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Toshinden Screens ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] GC 2009: Jambo Safari Trailer ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] GC 2009: TMNT: Smash Up Trailer ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Invizimals Images ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] GC 2009: Jak and Daxter Screens ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] GC 2009: Echoshift Screens ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Gamestop Excited for PSPgo ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] GC 2009: Project Natal Preview ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Another Fat Princess Class? ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Modern Warfare 2 Screenshot ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Blur Impressions ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Vandal Hearts Screenshots ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Singularity Impressions ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Gamescom Editor Roundtable "Who had the best showing at Germany's massive convention?" ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Need for Speed Shift Videos ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Front Mission Evolved Trailer ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Konami Reveals New 360-Degree Control System "and More Key Gameplay Advances for Pro Evolution Soccer" ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] IGN Ruse Hands On ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] "Zen Pinball Street Fighter II Tribute" "Play pinball with Blanka." ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Final Fantasy XIII Update ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] IL-2 Demo Now Available on PSN ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Crysis 2 Videos ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] GC 2009: Crytek Announcement ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] GC 2009: Tony Hawk Ride Videos ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Assassin's Creed II Art ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] GC 2009: Hideo Kojima Q&A ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] LEGO Rock Band Screens ign.com Ravenprose
[gametrailers.com] Tony Hawk Ride Walkthrough .... gametrailers.com Punk Rebel Ecks
[gamesindustry.biz] End of the Land grab The battle for market share at any cost is overshadowed by cold, hard, financial reality gamesindustry.biz gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Wolfenstein images gamekyo.com gamingeek
Dead Space Extraction EA pledges tons of replayability nintendodpad.com gamingeek
[nintendoworldreport.com] Professor Layton and the Diabolical box Review "A spectacular sequel" nintendoworldreport.com gamingeek
[kotaku.com] Sign Up Now for LittleBigPlanet Water Beta Water!!!!!! kotaku.com Ravenprose
[computerandvideogames.com] Wolfenstein CVG review Achingly average computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Digital Foundry vs Natal eurogamer.net gamingeek
Metroid Prime 3 was almost a sandbox game Holy crap, live the bounty hunter life offworld.com gamingeek
Gamepro Red Steel 2 impressions gamepro.com gamingeek
Calling GC trailer Creepy long haired japanese girls ds-x2.com gamingeek
[gamespot.com] Red Steel 2 hands-on impressions Gamespot gamespot.com gamingeek
[ign.com] Modern Warfare Wii: Speak Out "Great online, but no Wii Speak support. Are you on board? Make yourself heard!" ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Rubik's Puzzle Galaxy Video ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] IGN Metroid Prime Trilogy Review 9.5 ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] GC 2009: Tatsunoko Videos ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] IGN Medieval Games Hands-on ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Scribblenauts Videos ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] The State of Smackdown ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Layton Lands Next Week ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Space Bust-A-Move Screens ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Nintendo Dominates in Japan ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Brownie Brown Returns on the DS ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] LEGO Rock Band DS Hands-on ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Harmonix Already Working on 'Rock Band 3' "Developer might look to add Natal controls to future games." ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] GC 2009: Nier Imagery "Square tries their hand at the action genre." ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Supreme Commander 2 Screens ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Dragon Age: Origins Trailer ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Meet Arkham Asylum's Scarecrow ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Call of Duty Map Pack 3 Sales "Another download surpasses one million in sales." ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] IGN Perfect Dark XBLA Screens ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Defense Grid Incoming ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] PS3 Hardware Compared "[IGN takes] a look at the hardware variations between the new redesigned system and its predecessor." ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Smash Cars Review ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Dark Void Update ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Cheers & Tears: Fighting Games ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Final Fantasy XIV Screens ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Front Mission Evolved Images ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] PS3 Falls to Xbox 360 in Japan whoa! ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Lost Planet 2 Update ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] App Store vs. PSPgo Minis ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Naruto Shippuden Screenshots ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Fate Unlimited Codes Trailer ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Fate/Unlimited Codes Screens ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Valkyria Chronicles 2 Screens ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Tom Petty Makes Rock Band Debut; "Fleetwood Mac, Billy Idol and Jet Return with New Tracks" Plus more ign.com Ravenprose
Display: Order by:

<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:11:14

^ WOW!!!!

And it looks exactly like Dragon Warrior/Quest

EDIT: Of course... a new page. Steel post the pics again.

Edited: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:11:42
660896.png
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46276
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:11:49

Dvader said:

Having a 3D Castlevania game where you enter a bunch of rooms that have moving platforms, giant buzz saws in the walls, spiked floors rising up and down, where you have to swing around with a whip and giant holes of death, does not sound right to me.

Oh wow, that sounds perfect to me. Happy

Steel, that 3d dot game gives me a hard on. What is it?

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46276
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:12:58

Dvader said:

^ WOW!!!!

And it looks exactly like Dragon Warrior/Quest

EDIT: Of course... a new page. Steel post the pics again.

LOL

Ass.

Get Little Kings Story already, it looks like that too.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:15:05

gamingeek said:

Dvader said:

^ WOW!!!!

And it looks exactly like Dragon Warrior/Quest

EDIT: Of course... a new page. Steel post the pics again.

LOL

Ass.

Get Little Kings Story already, it looks like that too.

You lie! That looks amazing, LKS looks good.

660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:15:54

gamingeek said:

Dvader said:

Having a 3D Castlevania game where you enter a bunch of rooms that have moving platforms, giant buzz saws in the walls, spiked floors rising up and down, where you have to swing around with a whip and giant holes of death, does not sound right to me.

Oh wow, that sounds perfect to me. Happy

Steel, that 3d dot game gives me a hard on. What is it?

To be honest that does sound pretty cool, but its still not Castlevania. Action first, giant maze castle second, then you can throw in platforming.

660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 15938
News Posts: 715
Joined: 2009-02-25
 
Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:16:06

Dvader said:

^ WOW!!!!

And it looks exactly like Dragon Warrior/Quest

EDIT: Of course... a new page. Steel post the pics again.

Lot of Zelda in there too though. Main character, king, and environment are very DQ, but the chickens and monsters are very Zelda.  One looks like a Tectite and one looks like a Stalfos.

avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9411
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:18:41

Dvader said:

Iga_Bobovic said:

You are not making sense anymore. Why would a game that used to be an action platformer not work if you make a 3D version of a action platformer? Or are you saying that Prince of Persia is not an action platformer?

Oh the original Castlevania are action platformers. If they are so because reasons you mentioned before, well guess what, that still makes them Action Platformers.

P.S. I will withhold judgement from the new Castlevania for now, because I do not know what the platforming/exploring/fighting ratio will be.

But the old Castlevania's are still ACTION PLATFORMERS.

Firstly I dont care for the use of action platformer, its an action game, it fits under the action/adventure genre, all these subgenres are a pain. Anyway PoP can be described as an action platformer, but again its the type of game where I dont see Castlevania working. Platforming in Castlevania was always just there to be there, it was never the focus of the game. In Castlevania you fight tons and tons of enemies as you travel to the next area. Since SOTN the world has become open, but you are still basically fighting tons of enemies and moving to the next room. Almost everything in the game serves to augment the action, a few are relics that allow better movement around the world, which that should stay.

Having a 3D Castlevania game where you enter a bunch of rooms that have moving platforms, giant buzz saws in the walls, spiked floors rising up and down, where you have to swing around with a whip and giant holes of death, does not sound right to me. It's fine if there are a few rooms like that but not 50/50 in the way PoP did it. Castlevania needs to be about the action first and everything else second. They need to nail the combat system, its not 2D anymore, simply slashing an enemy until its dead doesnt work in 3D. It's the reason why every Castlevania game has failed in 3D, cause the combat has sucked.

What confused me the most is that when we finally have a Castlevania game that looks like it matches the very best 3D action games, you start to complain that it not Castlevania. That is what I find crazy, this is what it should be. And its not like its Bayonetta, that trailer showed plenty of aspects that was not action oriented like climbing the side of the castle, going up a large tunnel and using the whip to swing over objects. It is definetly more GoW than DMC from that trailer, I just hope that when I get a good look at the combat system its as fluid as DMC.

It's a action platformer and seriously download Castlevania 3 or Super.

Platforming plays a huge part in those two game. There is jumping from platform to platform. There is jumping while a stupid Medusa head knocks you off. There is forces scrolling sections. There is a bride that collapse under your weight sections.  Heck Super Castlevania 4 had you use the whip to hang on while the room rotates and stuff.

See here a level in Castlevania where you actually use your whip to move from place to place.

Here the clock tower level, see platforming and action! And again you use your whip to move around.

The VG Press
avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:22:51
Sure.























From GAF:

3D Dot Game Heroes' background story starts off in the Kingdom of Dotnia, a world not unlike a 2D 16-bit era sprite-based RPG. Long ago, the Kingdom was protected by six wise men and six orbs which contained the power of the gods. However, the Dark Demon King, seeking their power, stole the orbs and captured the wise men. Demons began to flood the Kingdom, whose end was thought to be near. But it was at that time that a young warrior appeared from seemingly nowhere, saved the wise men and returned the orbs to their rightful place. Following a great battle, the warrior and the wise men combined the orbs into one and sealed the Demon King away.

The Kingdom prospered for some time after that. However, as time passed, and the story of the young warrior became a legend, visitors stopped coming to the Kingdom. It was then that the King made the decision: "From now on, it will be the 3D era." Under orders from the King, the Kingdom was changed from 2D to 3D, and began progressing towards a restoration of past grandeur. But just as people began to get used to their new life, something happened.
                      
                 
               
You play as the grandchild of the young warrior of legend, the only person in the Kingdom who can wield a sword of legend. Incidentally, your character doesn't have a name -- you're free to set it at the start of the game.

While your character is nameless, 3D Dot Game Heroes does have a full cast of characters. In addition to King Dotnia, there's also Princess Iris, who, upon learning of the dangers to the Kingdom, left the castle on her own and is now missing. Also introduced in Famitsu is the Dark Priest, the official Priest of the Kingdom who's been possessed by evil and has hidden the orbs that sealed away the Demon King.
          
                                      
The wait to play 3D Dot Game Heroes won't be long. From Software plans a release in November. The game is currently 80% complete.

Seems to be a full retail game. No word on who will handle a western release yet, though.
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:32:56

Iga_Bobovic said:

Dvader said:

Iga_Bobovic said:

You are not making sense anymore. Why would a game that used to be an action platformer not work if you make a 3D version of a action platformer? Or are you saying that Prince of Persia is not an action platformer?

Oh the original Castlevania are action platformers. If they are so because reasons you mentioned before, well guess what, that still makes them Action Platformers.

P.S. I will withhold judgement from the new Castlevania for now, because I do not know what the platforming/exploring/fighting ratio will be.

But the old Castlevania's are still ACTION PLATFORMERS.

Firstly I dont care for the use of action platformer, its an action game, it fits under the action/adventure genre, all these subgenres are a pain. Anyway PoP can be described as an action platformer, but again its the type of game where I dont see Castlevania working. Platforming in Castlevania was always just there to be there, it was never the focus of the game. In Castlevania you fight tons and tons of enemies as you travel to the next area. Since SOTN the world has become open, but you are still basically fighting tons of enemies and moving to the next room. Almost everything in the game serves to augment the action, a few are relics that allow better movement around the world, which that should stay.

Having a 3D Castlevania game where you enter a bunch of rooms that have moving platforms, giant buzz saws in the walls, spiked floors rising up and down, where you have to swing around with a whip and giant holes of death, does not sound right to me. It's fine if there are a few rooms like that but not 50/50 in the way PoP did it. Castlevania needs to be about the action first and everything else second. They need to nail the combat system, its not 2D anymore, simply slashing an enemy until its dead doesnt work in 3D. It's the reason why every Castlevania game has failed in 3D, cause the combat has sucked.

What confused me the most is that when we finally have a Castlevania game that looks like it matches the very best 3D action games, you start to complain that it not Castlevania. That is what I find crazy, this is what it should be. And its not like its Bayonetta, that trailer showed plenty of aspects that was not action oriented like climbing the side of the castle, going up a large tunnel and using the whip to swing over objects. It is definetly more GoW than DMC from that trailer, I just hope that when I get a good look at the combat system its as fluid as DMC.

It's a action platformer and seriously download Castlevania 3 or Super.

Platforming plays a huge part in those two game. There is jumping from platform to platform. There is jumping while a stupid Medusa head knocks you off. There is forces scrolling sections. There is a bride that collapse under your weight sections.  Heck Super Castlevania 4 had you use the whip to hang on while the room rotates and stuff.

See here a level in Castlevania where you actually use your whip to move from place to place.

Here the clock tower level, see platforming and action! And again you use your whip to move around.

I am aware of that, I played CV4. The series shifted from that but I understand your want to go back. That style would fit a 2D Castlevania more. From what I have seen in 3D games they usually keep the platforming and the action separate, even in PoP there is a time for platforming and then a time to fight enemies, it alternates back and forth. I feel that a Castlvania game in 3D needs to be near relentless with the action, thats how Castlevania games are, there is almost never a moment when an enemy is not on the screen.

I'm not saying the game needs to be an exact clone of DMC or GoW, nor that it has to be all action all the time. I think the focus needs to be the action, they need to nail that aspect above all and DMC/GoW/NG is the template they should use. If they manage to make an area where there is spinning clock gears and medusa heads knocking you off then awesome, if not as long as the action is addictive I will be happy.

(And let me state again that new trailer shows Belmont using a whip to get around too, dont worry, the game will be amazing)

Edited: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:34:41
660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 18292
News Posts: 2097
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:35:21

Dvader said:

It's time for "Words of wisdom from Carnageheart"

You're misinterpretting what I said. I stated that the Wii and the PS3/X360 are chasing different dollars, not that all of the Wii's fans sprang up this generation, lured in by minigame collections and a simplified controller. That is true of the vast majority of Wii fans, but there are hardcore gamers who bought the Wii for the same reason they bought the GC and the N64, to enjoy Nintendo's weekly release of Mario/Zelda/Metroid games.


Jeebus...

Did a Nintendo-branded truck run over his puppy when he was little or something?

Carnage's constant (and mysteriously allowed) Nintendo-bashing got old two years ago...

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:39:00

So the dot game, action RPG or traditional turned based RPG?

Looks like action to me. Happy

660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:39:58

Does this pic remind anyone of Zelda 1. Could you imagine that game remade like this. *faints*

660896.png
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46276
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:44:57

Dvader said:

gamingeek said:

Dvader said:

^ WOW!!!!

And it looks exactly like Dragon Warrior/Quest

EDIT: Of course... a new page. Steel post the pics again.

LOL

Ass.

Get Little Kings Story already, it looks like that too.

You lie! That looks amazing, LKS looks good.

LOL It looks like a Boom Blox Little Kings Story made level. Only made on PC with HD graphics.

Dvader said:

gamingeek said:

Dvader said:

Having a 3D Castlevania game where you enter a bunch of rooms that have moving platforms, giant buzz saws in the walls, spiked floors rising up and down, where you have to swing around with a whip and giant holes of death, does not sound right to me.

Oh wow, that sounds perfect to me. Happy

Steel, that 3d dot game gives me a hard on. What is it?

To be honest that does sound pretty cool, but its still not Castlevania. Action first, giant maze castle second, then you can throw in platforming.

I'd like it to be balanced so have the game like you said but allow for action in the same areas or make it so fluid that the action can and does happen whilst you are avoiding all the environmental stuff. Most enemies in CV games can be beaten with one or two slashes.

Steel, From Sofware? Platforms, now please.

phantom_leo said:

Dvader said:

It's time for "Words of wisdom from Carnageheart"

You're misinterpretting what I said. I stated that the Wii and the PS3/X360 are chasing different dollars, not that all of the Wii's fans sprang up this generation, lured in by minigame collections and a simplified controller. That is true of the vast majority of Wii fans, but there are hardcore gamers who bought the Wii for the same reason they bought the GC and the N64, to enjoy Nintendo's weekly release of Mario/Zelda/Metroid games.


Jeebus...

Did a Nintendo-branded truck run over his puppy when he was little or something?

Carnage's constant (and mysteriously allowed) Nintendo-bashing got old two years ago...

I dont know the context but that post sounds okay to me there, it depends what he said before that. Weekly is harsh though, I think most people would want it to be weekly, instead of once every 3 years + per franchise. Even Mario Galaxy 2 which seems recent will release 2 and a half years after the original and the next zelda? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

IF and its a big if, it releases in 2010 that is still like 3 and a half to 4 years later from Twilight Princess.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 15938
News Posts: 715
Joined: 2009-02-25
 
Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:45:22

Dvader said:

Does this pic remind anyone of Zelda 1. Could you imagine that game remade like this. *faints*

Do you not read my posts?  Am I just transparent here?  There's no doubt that the monster in this picture is a Tectite, and the skeleton one is a Stalfos.  

Not sure I'd want to play a Zelda game like this though.  That's the concern I'd have for a title like this.  We're giggling and giddy about the pics now (and for damn good reason), but if the gameplay isn't there the joke is going to get old quick.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:47:53

No responses to my Zelda comparison, come on guys.

Nyaa

660896.png
avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:48:56

gamingeek said:

LOL It looks like a Boom Blox Little Kings Story made level. Only made on PC with HD graphics.

Steel, From Sofware? Platforms, now please.

No.

And PS3.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:49:35

gamingeek said:

Dvader said:

gamingeek said:

Dvader said:

Having a 3D Castlevania game where you enter a bunch of rooms that have moving platforms, giant buzz saws in the walls, spiked floors rising up and down, where you have to swing around with a whip and giant holes of death, does not sound right to me.

Oh wow, that sounds perfect to me. Happy

Steel, that 3d dot game gives me a hard on. What is it?

To be honest that does sound pretty cool, but its still not Castlevania. Action first, giant maze castle second, then you can throw in platforming.

I'd like it to be balanced so have the game like you said but allow for action in the same areas or make it so fluid that the action can and does happen whilst you are avoiding all the environmental stuff. Most enemies in CV games can be beaten with one or two slashes.

Yeah, in 2D games a few slashes is fine, in 3D you need to make the action more complex. Blocks, counters, combos, dodges, it needs depth to it.

660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 15938
News Posts: 715
Joined: 2009-02-25
 
Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:57:24

Dvader said:

No responses to my Zelda comparison, come on guys.

Nyaa

I predict that you will be kicked in the nuts later today.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46276
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:58:36

SteelAttack said:

gamingeek said:

LOL It looks like a Boom Blox Little Kings Story made level. Only made on PC with HD graphics.

Steel, From Sofware? Platforms, now please.


And PS3.

The fuck?

Steel did you check out this:

Cursed Mountain E3 09: Developer Walkthrough

Watch it high quality. Graphics are all right although the textures aren't great.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:59:13

robio said:

Dvader said:

No responses to my Zelda comparison, come on guys.

Nyaa

I predict that you will be kicked in the nuts later today.

Finally found your post, it was in between GG and Iga sorry I missed it. It does look just like Zelda.

660896.png
<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
*crickets*
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?