GG Weekly Videogame News RSS Feed
Pixeljunk Eden expansion confirmed My life officially over. citizengame.ca Dvader
Fable 2 acheievement list. xbox360achievements.org Dvader
[gamasutra.com] Yu Suzuki no longer with Sega. I guess no Shenmue 3... :( gamasutra.com Dvader
[gamespot.com] Wii VC and Wiiware titles for today. Strongbad!!! gamespot.com Dvader
The discussion of Insert Coins future rages on Leo your input is required byethost2.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamesindustry.biz] Ex-Sony Europe boss talks Sony and Nintendo will draw gamesindustry.biz gamingeek
[gamesindustry.biz] Microsoft jab back at Nintendo Third party situation "not pretty" gamesindustry.biz gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] New Lara Croft Model unveiled A  flesh and bone one computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Crysis Warhead screens computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Sonic Unleashed wii pics gamekyo.com gamingeek
[edge-online.com] EDGE magazine special feature The years best shooters edge-online.com gamingeek
[edge-online.com] Flagship Seattle reforms edge-online.com gamingeek
[gamesindustry.biz] Car bombings blamed on GTA IV Teaches kids to make Molotovs gamesindustry.biz gamingeek
[gamesindustry.biz] Miyamoto Banned by Nintendo He can't talk hobbies gamesindustry.biz gamingeek
[ign.com] Saints row 2 trailer ign.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Clone Wars: The Webdoc computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Godfather 2 pics The family gets snapped computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] MGS codec moments 50 of the best computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
Nintendo post E3 event Wario, Wii Music and Animal Crossing wiiinsider.de gamingeek
More Sonic Unleashed scans seganerdsforums.com gamingeek
Fatal Frame IV footage wiinintendo.net gamingeek
Pokemon Platinum scans fc2.com gamingeek
The 1up show Sirens, Commandos and Braids 1up.com gamingeek
[yahoo.com] Star Trek online Yahoo special yahoo.com gamingeek
Pictures of Banjo's Nuts Really hairy, actually gfdata.de gamingeek
[gametrailers.com] Wanted: The game Video interview gametrailers.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Skycrawlers images New game from the Ace Combat team gamekyo.com gamingeek
[ign.com] Seal Online Evolves into Expansion Yippee, more grinding ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Team Fortress 2 Heavy Update Details new weapons, maps, achievements, modes, and more. ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Memento Mori has 6 different endings This adventure game's endings are all detemined by player actions ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Space Siege shipped to retailers You will need to save humanity! Will you give up your own humanity to save your fellow men? ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] New Map for Fallen Empire: Legions The Zenith Cauldron map is now available ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Strong Bad's Cool Demo is Live Try before you buy ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Memento Mori screens What´s this about? ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Atlantica Online screens ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[gonintendo.com] Yu Suzuki IS with Sega Sega apparantly forgot about him gonintendo.com Iga_Bobovic
[gonintendo.com] Batman: Arkham Asylum some more info See what the story is about gonintendo.com Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] Spore Creatures DS impressions Eurogamers give their impression eurogamer.net Iga_Bobovic
[gonintendo.com] Samba di Amigo more Mii screens gonintendo.com Iga_Bobovic
Henry Hatsworth footage 1up.com Iga_Bobovic
Pikmin 3 wishlist symbiotestudios.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamesradar.com] Gamesradar Reviews Bangai-O Spirits Ler's see how hardcore you really are. gamesradar.com Iga_Bobovic
[gonintendo.com] King of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga boxar Punk what say you, about this game gonintendo.com Iga_Bobovic
[gonintendo.com] EA introduces Henry Hatsworth Puzzle Adventure for the DS gonintendo.com Iga_Bobovic
[gametrailers.com] Lara Croft interview Iga'verdict: bad kicking technique gametrailers.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] IGN podcast video version See their ugly mug now ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamekyo.com] Valkyrie Profile DS scans gamekyo.com Iga_Bobovic
[gametrailers.com] Bangai-O Spirits level sharing demo Share levels by sound! Yep by sound! gametrailers.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Brit Tabloid Fingers "Ultra Violent" MadWorld Yes Madworld is getting some attention. Sales forecast up ign.com Iga_Bobovic
Strongbad all review See all the other reviews gamerankings.com Iga_Bobovic
Top 10: Industry Defining Moments good list twgnews.com Iga_Bobovic
[gameinformer.com] Kirby Super Star Ultra impressions So much pink in one game gameinformer.com Iga_Bobovic
[destructoid.com] Ten Golden Rules of games industry celebrities Learn how to become like Itagaki destructoid.com Iga_Bobovic
[gonintendo.com] Metroid Marathon charity marathon Commit alien genocide for a good cause gonintendo.com Iga_Bobovic
[kotaku.com] Olympic Gold Medalist Trained with Mario & Son Waggle hard to win kotaku.com Iga_Bobovic
[edge-online.com] Review: Final Fantasy IV edge-online.com Iga_Bobovic
[flickr.com] Mushroom Men screens He seemt to be a Fungi flickr.com Iga_Bobovic
[gonintendo.com] Mario still king in Japan Mario no.1 among women and men in Japan gonintendo.com Iga_Bobovic
Braid creator hates Nintendo Braid might be released on PSN, but not on Wii, due to not enough space in the fridge. gamefocus.ca Iga_Bobovic
[neogaf.com] Too Human Game Informer Review 2 GAF is rubbing it in neogaf.com Iga_Bobovic
Too Human Game Informer Review This is bad! imageshack.us Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Spore Cell Stage Video IGN Preview Awesome game is awesome ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Wings Over Israel IGN Review Flight-sim ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Velvet assasins pics ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Star Trek Online trailer To baldy go where no one has gone before ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Buzz! Master Quiz (PSP) screens ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Yggdra Union Hands-on card based strategy RPG for your PSP ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] FF: dissidia screens ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Chou Aniki set on PSP Manly game of manlyness ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Naruto: Path of the Ninja 2 IGN Hands-on Believe it ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Underwater Attack IGN Review The Waterworld of video games ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Mister Slime IGN Review yuk ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Bangai-O Spirits screens So awesome, must buy ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Mystery Case Files Update Acasual detective game ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Too Human trailer Insane combo ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Madden NFL 09 IGN Review ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Fallout 3 Gets AU Classification Game will come out in Aussieland. The amount of editing is unknown ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] 38 Studios Hints at Upcoming Game Todd McFarlane involved as art director ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] NHL 09 MMO mode IGN hands-on 6 vs 6 player ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Nintendo Voice Chat The dark podcast ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Star Parodier IGN VC Review Bomberman, the Star Soldier guy and a sentient game console team up to save the galaxy ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] The bosses of Megaman 9 Learn about 3 right now: Concrete Man, Tornado Man and Magma Man ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Technology behinds Cursed Mountain announced About that new horror game that takes place in the Himalayas ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Sambe de Amigo Developer diaria Oh my bad, diary. Learn about the development process ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[neogaf.com] Street Fighter Alpha 1 on PSN this thursday. Everyone says its terrible. neogaf.com Dvader
[neogaf.com] New Batman game revealed on GI. Batman Arkham Asylum by Pandemic. neogaf.com Dvader
[ign.com] Bionic Commando Rearmed IGN review. Its REALLY good. ign.com Dvader
[gonintendo.com] LucasArts upset with Nintendo? Regarding Wii MotionPlus Announcement (rumor) gonintendo.com Ravenprose
[gonintendo.com] 2008 State of Game Development Survey "Developers favor 360 for support, handheld support low" gonintendo.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Bionic Commando Rearmed is Now Available In North America ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] UK PlayTV Priced and Dated Sony nails down launch date and price for PS3 DVR peripheral ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Batman: Arkham Asylum Announced ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] de Blob Enemies Trailer ign.com Ravenprose
[amazon.com] Legend of Zelda and Philosophy Book amazon.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Summer Athletics review ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Enemies of Blob ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] My Aquarium video ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Madden NFL 09 DS review ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Bangai-O Spirits ships ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Moon Trailer ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Vampire Rain Gameplay Trailer ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Fable II Pub Games Review ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Fallout 3 Censorship Report ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] IGN Mercenaries 2 Co-Op Videos ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] IGN Mercenaries 2 Co-Op Screens ign.com Ravenprose
[neogaf.com] NPD July, where art thou Solid Snake? Nintendo wins, you know the drill. neogaf.com Dvader
[neogaf.com] Mikami and Suda team up to make new horror game. To be published by EA, all platforms. neogaf.com Dvader
[gametrailers.com] New Saints Row 2 trailer. gametrailers.com Dvader
[shacknews.com] Spore gone gold, releasing Sept. 7th. About damn time. shacknews.com Dvader
[playstation.com] PSN version of Bionic Commando gets an exclusive.. challenge room. playstation.com Dvader
Castle Crashers for XBL price revealed It will cost you $15. Comes out next week. thebehemoth.com Dvader
Sega annouces Game convention lineup. Surprise game = Shenmue 3, BELIEVE! videogaming247.com Dvader
[neogaf.com] Run DVD movies on your Wii. Some company made software for it. neogaf.com Dvader
[edge-online.com] FCC Filing reveals PSP 3001 What are the new features? edge-online.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Skycrawlers images gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamersyde.com] Damnation images gamersyde.com gamingeek
Sackboy primes as PS3 mascot 1up.com gamingeek
[edge-online.com] Fallout 3 passed for aussie release Cuts made it viable edge-online.com gamingeek
[edge-online.com] Radical cuts 100 staff edge-online.com gamingeek
[gamesindustry.biz] Parents fear GTA more than porn gamesindustry.biz gamingeek
[ign.com] Batman Arkham Asylum announced ign.com gamingeek
[ign.com] Overlord 2 Hitting PS3 and 360 and PC ign.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] PS2 gets 1:1 motion Apparentely computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Bionic commando PC re-armned review computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[gonintendo.com] G4 Preview Samba and Lost in Blue gonintendo.com gamingeek
The Wii's graphical effects Do they even exist? nintendowiifanboy.com gamingeek
Third Parties on Wii Judgement day? zentendo.com gamingeek
Fire Emblem DS screens Must buy wiiz.fr gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Overlord coming to Wii and DS Anyone but Edgecrusher play this? eurogamer.net gamingeek
[gamasutra.com] Scott Steinberg on the 10 year plan Futureproofing PS3 gamasutra.com gamingeek
Megaman 9: 21 screens Pixelart at its finest? gfdata.de gamingeek
[variety.com] Scarface 2 a victim of Activision Sierra suffering badly variety.com gamingeek
No Microsoft conference at Leipzig videogaming247.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] De Blob splurges on the screen Squishy videos inside gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Too Human video gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Bionic Commando video gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamesradar.com] 10 reasons to stay loyal to Nintendo Cammie = Wallace? gamesradar.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamekyo.com] Batman Arkham Asylum: first screenshots Batman, batman, batmaaan, nenenene BATMAAAN gamekyo.com Iga_Bobovic
[youtube.com] Trailer of Tomb Raider Underworld Again not the Wii version youtube.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamersyde.com] Images of Tomb Raider Underworld not the Wii version obviously gamersyde.com Iga_Bobovic
[gonintendo.com] Swords & Soldiers is coming to WiiWare created by the original developers of de Blob gonintendo.com Iga_Bobovic
[youtube.com] K.O.R.E. trailer youtube.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] FIFA 09 Hands-on ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Need for Speed Undercover videos ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Need for Speed Undercover screens ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[gametrailers.com] Infinite Undiscovery video Enemy crushing gametrailers.com Iga_Bobovic
[gametrailers.com] Infinite Undiscovery video Ogre battle gametrailers.com Iga_Bobovic
[flickr.com] K.O.R.E. - screens flickr.com Iga_Bobovic
[gonintendo.com] KORE heads to Wii gonintendo.com Iga_Bobovic
Disaster: Day of Crisis coming soon? Australia's OFLC gives the game a Mature rating classification.gov.au Iga_Bobovic
Capcom: Fans have a jaw dropping effect Calls us "internet weirdos" capcom-unity.com gamingeek
Mikami and Suda Talk EA Partnership Suda's the man 1up.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamekyo.com] LittleBigPlanet: new video gamekyo.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Battleforge preview RTS/card collector ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Battleforge screens ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Battleforge trailer ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Warhammer Online Nearing Gold almost done ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Jumpgate evolution trailer Space Combot MMORPG ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] DJ Max Fever Announced The Korean sensation heads stateside. ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood videos Combo Attack ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Guitar Hero On Tour Decades Hands-on A new setlist and some cool wireless technology headline this year's sequel. ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Luminous Arc 2 Screenshots Check out the upcoming strategy RPG. ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Mercenaries 2: World in Flames co-op gameplay ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Infinite Undiscovery Preview ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Valkyria Chronicles videos ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] The Godfather II First Look Prepare to return to La Cosa Nostra ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Baja: Edge of Control Hands-on ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Podcast Beyond The IGN playstation team's podcast ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] SimCity Creator videos ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] NERF N-Strike Hands-on Shoot people for real with this upcoming Wii game ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Celebrity Sports Showdown Interview Homers favorite game ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] The evolution of the Blob Read it, this game is awesome ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Dokapon Kingdom Hand-on An Altus made RPG/Party game hybrid? ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] MySims Kingdom screens ign.com Iga_Bobovic
Super Mario Land 2 Retro Review Leo this one is right up your alley videogamesblogger.com Iga_Bobovic
[youtube.com] Kumatanchi DS game from Vanillaware Soooo cute youtube.com Iga_Bobovic
Metroid Manga Yes, yes slow newsday. onemanga.com Iga_Bobovic
Lego Batman the interview gameplasma.com Iga_Bobovic
[google.com] Capcom vs Tatsunoko wii bound? Probably not google.com Iga_Bobovic
[4colorrebellion.com] Interview High Voltage the makers of Conduit and Dore the Explorer 4colorrebellion.com Iga_Bobovic
[destructoid.com] Disaster to released before the end of the year? Some detective work destructoid.com Iga_Bobovic
Consoles have Batman fever Batman is hot xboxoz360gamer.com Iga_Bobovic
[gametrailers.com] The Force Unleashed Trailer gametrailers.com Iga_Bobovic
[gametrailers.com] The Force Unleashed Mission Cinematic gametrailers.com Iga_Bobovic
[gametrailers.com] The Force Unleashed Massacre gameplay 5 gametrailers.com Iga_Bobovic
[gametrailers.com] The Force Unleashed massacre gameplay 4 gametrailers.com Iga_Bobovic
[gametrailers.com] The Force Unleashed massacre gameplay 3 gametrailers.com Iga_Bobovic
[gametrailers.com] The Force Unleashed massacre gameplay 2 gametrailers.com Iga_Bobovic
[gametrailers.com] The Force Unleashed Massacre Gameplay gametrailers.com Iga_Bobovic
[gametrailers.com] KORE gametrailers video Not suited for human viewing gametrailers.com Iga_Bobovic
[gameinformer.com] Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars Preview And yet another 3D platformer gameinformer.com Iga_Bobovic
[nintendoeverything.com] Bionic Commando Rearmed not for Wii or Wiiware Chris Svensson says so, GG cries nintendoeverything.com Iga_Bobovic
[kotaku.com] Campcom something huge to announce for Bionic Comm Some ace in a sleeve somewhere kotaku.com Iga_Bobovic
[gametrailers.com] Crysis Warhead trailer Another gametrailers exclusive gametrailers.com Iga_Bobovic
[gametrailers.com] Godfather 2 video exclusive gametrailers trailer gametrailers.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Men of War videos ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Flagship Studios Closing: The makers of Hellgate PC gaming is dying, dying!! Run for the hills ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Sid Meier's Civilization IV: IGN Hands-on Play dutch ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Valhalla Knights 2 Blog ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Elebits: The Adventures of Kai and Zero trailer GG are you watching this? ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Moon video Dark side trailer ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Dark Void blog Aliens and jetpacks ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Vampire Rain: Altered Species Alley teaser ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Legendary videos ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] IGN Interviews Krome Studios talks Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Wii MotionPlus, 2009, and future Wii projects. ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] KORE screens Core or Kore? ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Rock Band 2: Behind the Music Harmonix interview ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Kore videos 3d platformers are back ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[kotaku.com] Epic´s new game some Nintendo bashing inside kotaku.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamespot.com] Tomb Raider Underworld DS screens gamespot.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamespot.com] Tomb Raider Underworld Wii screens gamespot.com Iga_Bobovic
[kotaku.com] More Suda and Mikami kotaku.com Iga_Bobovic
Nintendo defends Madworld Go Nintendo news.com.au Iga_Bobovic
Zero suit Samus cosplay So hot it is news: Go Pixelninja pixelninja.se Iga_Bobovic
Kore screens and Art livewii.fr Iga_Bobovic
Display: Order by:

<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 14225
News Posts: 1029
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 16 Aug 2008 17:08:12
gamingeek said:

Good updates Iga.

Again this is the kind of crap that pisses me off by Capcom:

"but the prospect of a WiiWare - or even Wii retail - version of Bionic Commando Re-armed was never truly discussed"

Never even discussed. Seriously it takes some "special" kind of bullshit thinking to do retarded things like this. It's like in boardrooms around the world executives have never even heard of the most popular platform in the world.  

Elebits DS trailer, it looks okay for a 2-D game. Elebits is such a unique game and they've basically taken the art and made your typical gba style top down game. It looks cool for a DS game but that's not elebits. This is elebits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZB-P0WAAME

Kore, just watched the new videos and gameplay footage, this looks better than spyborgs, has no one else checked it out?

Force unleashed wii screen

IGN: Nice. So when plotting out a game, do you have specific teams in specific areas, or do you have multiple teams spanning regions, or even multiple teams within one region? What's the breakdown?

Walsh:
There are teams within each region, so for example the PS2 Force Unleashed was done in Brisbane, while the Wii version was done in Melbourne, and the PSP was done in Adelaide.

IGN: Ok wow! So anyone freaking out that the PS2 and Wii versions are just quick ports know the real story. Full teams for each, different regions of the world…

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Picture

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Screenshot

Interesting they are doing two more wii games after clone wars and force unleashed and using motion plus for next years titles. And talking with lucasarts about it. Very interesting.

How I wish I were a metroid right now.

Are they aware Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide are?

I know Australia is big, but still...

Oh, and Melbourne respresent. Nyaa

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 1681
News Posts: 64
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 16 Aug 2008 17:12:11
iga_bobovic said:

GG did you see the KORE gameplay video?

The good news is that it seems to be a pure platformer, jumping and swinging are the focus in the videos.

But the controls and camera need to improve. The controls seems way to twitchy and you can see the player almost fall to death. The camera is also in my opinion changes direction way to much. I get nervous just by watching the game. Needs a more Galaxy like camera.

Hopefully it's a pure platformer like Galaxy and not a "3D Side-Scroller" like Jak and Daxter.

One of the site's forefathers.

Play fighting games!

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6264
News Posts: 410
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 16 Aug 2008 18:11:16
gamingeek said:

Kore, just watched the new videos and gameplay footage, this looks better than spyborgs, has no one else checked it out?

Everything looks better than Spyborgs.

PlayingWatchingReadingListening
MLB 16 The ShowPitchN/AK-Pop
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 9366
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 16 Aug 2008 18:19:40
punk rebel ecks said:
iga_bobovic said:

GG did you see the KORE gameplay video?

The good news is that it seems to be a pure platformer, jumping and swinging are the focus in the videos.

But the controls and camera need to improve. The controls seems way to twitchy and you can see the player almost fall to death. The camera is also in my opinion changes direction way to much. I get nervous just by watching the game. Needs a more Galaxy like camera.

Hopefully it's a pure platformer like Galaxy and not a "3D Side-Scroller" like Jak and Daxter.

Punk check the video, you see platforming similar to the Sunshine void levels. It is a pure 3D platformer so far as I can tell. But what do you mean with "3D Side-Scroller". I never plaid Jax and Daxter.

The VG Press
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 42999
News Posts: 54355
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 16 Aug 2008 20:17:28
iga_bobovic said:

Variety in platformers come from level design and mini games, like for example the manta ray and rolling on Steels testicle level in Galaxy. Man, I hope they rip of the planetoid level design in some of these 3D platformers. Speaking of Galaxy GG you never did a review of that game, what would you have given it?

It seemed pointless reviewing it when everyone and his dog has done a review. I tend to review the niche games which other people may not have heard of or had the chance to play, hence my reviews of games like endless ocean, elebits or hotel dusk. Also, I was suspended from GSpot when galaxy hit and then left while my mario galaxy thread was still going.

I probably would have given the game a 9.8. It has frequent moments that illicit supreme squeals of gamer joy. Sometimes playing it is like having a sensitive part of your brain twanged that you never knew existed before.

archangel3371 said:

The "top secret" video of the new Bionic Commando game you get access to when you get BCR looks pretty awesome so I'm really pumped for the game but now this guy Judd says that they have a "fucking ace" up their sleeve to show at TGS. Oh man now I'm super pumped. I can't wait to see what is. When is TGS anyway?

September right?

foolz said:
Are they aware Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide are?

I know Australia is big, but still...

Oh, and Melbourne respresent. Nyaa

You should get a job there.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 9366
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 16 Aug 2008 20:49:15

^^GG out of curiosity have you ever given a game a 10?

The VG Press
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 29980
News Posts: 1704
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sat, 16 Aug 2008 20:52:52

I saw the special ending of Hotel Dusk, on youtube just fine GG, thankd for the links anyway.  Review up later in the week, I am going to write a few on some games I have been playing.

So Bionic Commando, anyone have it, its EXCELLENT. Its pure old school gaming perfection. I never played the original so I am shocked at the adventure elements.  Buy it!!!

Just looked at the Kore video, it looks good its just that after Galaxy this game looks so generic 3D platformer like.  I don't know, I think I have been spoiled.

660896.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 29980
News Posts: 1704
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sat, 16 Aug 2008 22:25:49

You guys do know that it would just be much nicer if you put one link to the GT coverage of SW rather than 100 separate links.

Anyway game looks fantastic.

660896.png
avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 10185
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Sat, 16 Aug 2008 22:48:23

Yeah Bionic Commando: Rearmed is an excellent game in general and remake in particular. I loved the original so this game really brought back some fond memories as well as making a few new ones. I just finished my first playthrough and will get alot more game time from it as I try to improve my leaderboard scores for both the regular game and the many bonus challenge levels not to mention playing higher difficulties and going for more of the achievements. This game is easily worth the $10.

179417.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 13868
News Posts: 211
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 16 Aug 2008 23:46:42
dvader said:

There are impressions of TR at GS, I assume from the lead versions, PS3/360. Interesting what they are doing with the Wii but no thanks, I will play it on the PS3.

Yeah, same here. It looks like they're using the Legend engine on Wii again. The next-gen version's production values are so much better that, even though the Wii version will have slightly funner controls, its just not enough to offset the difference.

SteelAttack. Testament was awesome! Best show I've seen since Pantera's Extreme Steel 2001 tour. They came out just fucking guns blazing, and ripped through an insane set for like 2 hours. The pit was nuts. Started out with stuff off of The Legacy and The New Order, then a bunch of killer tunes from Damnation and The Gathering, then back and forth between old classics and new shit. Totally badass.

They sounded incredible. Great energy.

1106628.png?51566395

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 1681
News Posts: 64
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 17 Aug 2008 05:43:38

I've been thinking a little and now that the site is expanding at all we should really try and think of what drove us out of sites like Gamespot, 1up, and Neogaf in the first place and what we should do to be different and make a name for ourselves.

I mean if we are going to invite more people how's modding going to work?

Are we just going to go by community consensus? Should we be rough on the fanboys and morons? Should we be passive? Should we invite a lot of people or justa little to start some sort of "prime posters only" thing?

One of the site's forefathers.

Play fighting games!

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 464
News Posts: 2
Joined: 2008-06-27
 
Sun, 17 Aug 2008 07:04:21

I didn't leave GameSpot. I'm here for the news and for discussing things with people I became fond of over there.

For keeping track of my game collection and for adding upcoming games to lists, I still go to GameSpot. For viewing reviews and scores, I go to GameSpot (I guess I should start checking more places, though).

1up was going to be my place to go for discussion with ex-GameSpotters, but since I'm getting that here, my 1up account is idle. But as for things I dislike about it... the forum "structure" sucks.

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 14225
News Posts: 1029
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 17 Aug 2008 07:43:33
gamingeek said:
iga_bobovic said:

Variety in platformers come from level design and mini games, like for example the manta ray and rolling on Steels testicle level in Galaxy. Man, I hope they rip of the planetoid level design in some of these 3D platformers. Speaking of Galaxy GG you never did a review of that game, what would you have given it?

It seemed pointless reviewing it when everyone and his dog has done a review. I tend to review the niche games which other people may not have heard of or had the chance to play, hence my reviews of games like endless ocean, elebits or hotel dusk. Also, I was suspended from GSpot when galaxy hit and then left while my mario galaxy thread was still going.

I probably would have given the game a 9.8. It has frequent moments that illicit supreme squeals of gamer joy. Sometimes playing it is like having a sensitive part of your brain twanged that you never knew existed before.

archangel3371 said:

The "top secret" video of the new Bionic Commando game you get access to when you get BCR looks pretty awesome so I'm really pumped for the game but now this guy Judd says that they have a "fucking ace" up their sleeve to show at TGS. Oh man now I'm super pumped. I can't wait to see what is. When is TGS anyway?

September right?

foolz said:
Are they aware Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide are?

I know Australia is big, but still...

Oh, and Melbourne respresent. Nyaa

You should get a job there.

I'll design their webpage. Grinning

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6264
News Posts: 410
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 17 Aug 2008 08:13:25
punk rebel ecks said:

I've been thinking a little and now that the site is expanding at all we should really try and think of what drove us out of sites like Gamespot, 1up, and Neogaf in the first place and what we should do to be different and make a name for ourselves.

I mean if we are going to invite more people how's modding going to work?

Are we just going to go by community consensus? Should we be rough on the fanboys and morons? Should we be passive? Should we invite a lot of people or justa little to start some sort of "prime posters only" thing?

Without the binds of corporate regulation, it's rather simple.  Say what you want to them, whether it's harsh or not, and if someone's making trouble, we'll deal with them.  It's not hard to point out who's just trying to bother people.

PlayingWatchingReadingListening
MLB 16 The ShowPitchN/AK-Pop
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 42999
News Posts: 54355
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 17 Aug 2008 15:11:08
iga_bobovic said:

^^GG out of curiosity have you ever given a game a 10?

Nope, but I only started rating games one by one a few years into gamespot to keep track. If I were to give a game a 10 it would either be mario 64 or Ocarina of time. Even though I prefer Majora to Ocarina. For their time, those games were revolutionary but also considering the tech and this sort of pioneering age of 3-d games. Well most games were pretty shoddy. For a team to get a game so perfectly right and in Ocarina's case, so all encompassing and huge, it's just a massive acheivement of technical skill, coupled with an inherent and natural understanding of what makes a great and engaging game.

dvader said:

I saw the special ending of Hotel Dusk, on youtube just fine GG, thankd for the links anyway.  Review up later in the week, I am going to write a few on some games I have been playing.

So Bionic Commando, anyone have it, its EXCELLENT. Its pure old school gaming perfection. I never played the original so I am shocked at the adventure elements.  Buy it!!!

Just looked at the Kore video, it looks good its just that after Galaxy this game looks so generic 3D platformer like.  I don't know, I think I have been spoiled.

I can understand that. This game looks like a platformer in the vein of banjo or rayman. Not much can match galaxy but it still looks solid and fun to me. Platformers used to be my favourite genre so I'm all for them.

yodariquo said:
punk rebel ecks said:

I've been thinking a little and now that the site is expanding at all we should really try and think of what drove us out of sites like Gamespot, 1up, and Neogaf in the first place and what we should do to be different and make a name for ourselves.

I mean if we are going to invite more people how's modding going to work?

Are we just going to go by community consensus? Should we be rough on the fanboys and morons? Should we be passive? Should we invite a lot of people or justa little to start some sort of "prime posters only" thing?

Without the binds of corporate regulation, it's rather simple.  Say what you want to them, whether it's harsh or not, and if someone's making trouble, we'll deal with them.  It's not hard to point out who's just trying to bother people.

I'm not sure it's as simple as that. Do we vote on who we want to kick out? Do we just leave it to someone with modding powers? What happens if there is argument between say one of our prime posters and someone new (who we perhaps also know) but it's between them. But they are both causing a bad atmosphere. I think there would need to be some form of modding or just 1 person with some sense. But then even trolls have friends and those friends are going to be pissed if their buddy is kicked out and then we turn into gamespot. Nyaa

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 42999
News Posts: 54355
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 17 Aug 2008 15:34:39

Dvader, you want these?

http://www.myairshoes.com/nike/sonic-vs-knuckles-air-force-ones.html

I know Iga posted the link but did anyone actually check out this wiiware game by the original developers of De Blob?

Sharpen your weapons: “Swords & Soldiers” is coming!

Ronimo Games announces their studio and the first competitive strategy game for Wii Ware: Swords & Soldiers.

UTRECHT, THE NETHERLANDS – August 15, 2008 – The developers of the original version of “de Blob” announce their new game studio Ronimo Games and their first title: Swords & Soldiers.

Ronimo Games is founded by seven developers in Utrecht, the Netherlands. As students the team was responsible for the original pc game “de Blob”. Being an innovative and fun game, “de Blob” became popular on the internet and was eventually picked up by THQ. The publisher bought the IP and will soon release the new version of “de Blob” for Nintendo Wii.

Fabian Akker, one of the co-founders: “de Blob was the eye opener for us, that we can make cool games and function as a good team. The game definitely gave us the opportunity to start our own company”.

The team is developing a new game for Wii Ware: Swords & Soldiers. Swords & Soldiers is a sidescrolling real time strategy game, in which three distinct factions battle for the powers of the gods. The game will feature a single player campaign and a competitive splitscreen multiplayer mode as well as several other game modes. Three screenshots are included with this press release.
Akker: “We always dreamed of designing an RTS and when Wii Ware came out we immediately figured that this was our chance.”

Swords & Soldiers will be the first competitive strategy game on Wii Ware and is scheduled for European, Australian and American release in Q4 2008.

About Ronimo Games
Ronimo games is a new developer, founded by the original creators of “de Blob” in October 2007. The team focusses on creating innovative games for a broad audience. The studio became a Nintendo licensed developer in spring 2008 and is currently working on their first Wii Ware title: Swords & Soldiers. For more information on Ronimo Games and its products visit
www.ronimo-games.com.

About “de Blob”
“de Blob” started as a student game project for the city of Utrecht, in which the player rolls through the city as a giant alien paintball, painting the streets and buildings. THQ bought the IP and is currently working on a new version of the game for Nintendo Wii. For more information and a free download of the original “de Blob” visit binnenstad.hku.nl. For more information on the new THQ version of “de Blob” visit
www.deblob.com.




avatar
Country: US
Comments: 1681
News Posts: 64
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 17 Aug 2008 16:01:46
gamingeek said:
yodariquo said:
punk rebel ecks said:

I've been thinking a little and now that the site is expanding at all we should really try and think of what drove us out of sites like Gamespot, 1up, and Neogaf in the first place and what we should do to be different and make a name for ourselves.

I mean if we are going to invite more people how's modding going to work?

Are we just going to go by community consensus? Should we be rough on the fanboys and morons? Should we be passive? Should we invite a lot of people or justa little to start some sort of "prime posters only" thing?

Without the binds of corporate regulation, it's rather simple.  Say what you want to them, whether it's harsh or not, and if someone's making trouble, we'll deal with them.  It's not hard to point out who's just trying to bother people.

I'm not sure it's as simple as that. Do we vote on who we want to kick out? Do we just leave it to someone with modding powers? What happens if there is argument between say one of our prime posters and someone new (who we perhaps also know) but it's between them. But they are both causing a bad atmosphere. I think there would need to be some form of modding or just 1 person with some sense. But then even trolls have friends and those friends are going to be pissed if their buddy is kicked out and then we turn into gamespot. Nyaa

Exactly. What if a poster like Carnage comes in here?

Also Cap vs Tat on Wii? Holy Shit! Well I just wished that it was in HD, but ehh I'm kinda glad that's on the Wii because I LOVE the art-style. Hopefully a Western release?

One of the site's forefathers.

Play fighting games!

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 9366
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 17 Aug 2008 16:04:09
punk rebel ecks said:
gamingeek said:
yodariquo said:
punk rebel ecks said:

I've been thinking a little and now that the site is expanding at all we should really try and think of what drove us out of sites like Gamespot, 1up, and Neogaf in the first place and what we should do to be different and make a name for ourselves.

I mean if we are going to invite more people how's modding going to work?

Are we just going to go by community consensus? Should we be rough on the fanboys and morons? Should we be passive? Should we invite a lot of people or justa little to start some sort of "prime posters only" thing?

Without the binds of corporate regulation, it's rather simple.  Say what you want to them, whether it's harsh or not, and if someone's making trouble, we'll deal with them.  It's not hard to point out who's just trying to bother people.

I'm not sure it's as simple as that. Do we vote on who we want to kick out? Do we just leave it to someone with modding powers? What happens if there is argument between say one of our prime posters and someone new (who we perhaps also know) but it's between them. But they are both causing a bad atmosphere. I think there would need to be some form of modding or just 1 person with some sense. But then even trolls have friends and those friends are going to be pissed if their buddy is kicked out and then we turn into gamespot. Nyaa

Exactly. What if a poster like Carnage comes in here?

Also Cap vs Tat on Wii? Holy Shit! Well I just wished that it was in HD, but ehh I'm kinda glad that's on the Wii because I LOVE the art-style. Hopefully a Western release?

Glad? I doubt it will ever be released on the Wii and certainly not in the West. I think it is a typo.

The VG Press
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 42999
News Posts: 54355
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 17 Aug 2008 16:21:39

What is a Tatsunoko?

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 17942
News Posts: 2080
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 17 Aug 2008 16:33:47

Hey guys. Yep, I'm still alive.

I don't have much time to read the entire "Future" Blog, but I'll say this:

What kind of "Theme" does IGN have? What kind of theme does GameSpot have? Kotaku?

Right. The most successful sites out there don't have a certain "look"...

GS has it's community. IGN has it's organization and exclusive reviews. Kotaku has it's up to the minute news.

If you want this site to be successful, the NUMBER ONE, MOST IMPORTANT thing that MUST be changed is ORGANIZATION.

It must be clean. It should be colorful to match the personalities of the people that post here. Above ALL, the primary focus MUST BE organizing things so people feel comfortable joining in conversations they have interest in, or FINDING things to talk about they are interested in.

GG said a few pages back that I don't come here all that often. That's NOT true at all. I check in on you guys practically daily. It's just that when there are 7 pages of discussion about anime I've never even heard of, it makes me feel like I am interrupting a PRIVATE conversation, NOT participating in an open, gaming forum, so 90% of the time, I don't even bother posting anything... And I KNOW you all! Imagine someone new coming here. They'd take one look at the off-topic discussion and be like: "WTF are they talking about?" and then leave. NOT GOOD. It's not condusive to a gaining members on a fledgling site!

Now, I am not saying there's anything wrong with WHAT you guys are talking about. That's what makes IC what it is. I am just saying it needs to be more structured, so people can join in conversations that are already established about subjects they can relate to, start new topics of conversation without them getting lost in 18 other pages of side conversation and having a way to easily FIND everything when people return.

<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
*crickets*
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?