Forum > Podcasts > The Press Room Podcast Thread
The Press Room Podcast Thread
<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 18380
News Posts: 8782
Joined: 2008-08-18
 
Fri, 17 Apr 2009 08:46:54

8-bit version of Gillette Blue Blades?  Awesome indeed.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 15965
News Posts: 1043
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 17 Apr 2009 09:08:46
Almost 2 hours? Oh shit!

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 18380
News Posts: 8782
Joined: 2008-08-18
 
Fri, 17 Apr 2009 09:41:22

It was a good cast Iga, you did a fine job of hosting and Yoda the fidelity was better than usual -- oh and Bugs was a welcome addition too.  But the cast didn't have enough Australians.

Above: Aspro listens to another VGPress.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 47017
News Posts: 59765
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 17 Apr 2009 10:14:44

Wow, that is one long schlong.

Er, podcast.

Whoa, what's with the chalkboard sqeeks?

Edited: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 10:38:22

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 47017
News Posts: 59765
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 17 Apr 2009 11:32:46
At 1hr 10 minutes now. Good stuff. G2G though.

avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9419
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 17 Apr 2009 12:27:23

aspro73 said:

It was a good cast Iga, you did a fine job of hosting and Yoda the fidelity was better than usual -- oh and Bugs was a welcome addition too.  But the cast didn't have enough Australians.

 Thanks, I think I almost sounded human, almost! There is still room for improvement, like not asking if someone has something to add once a topic is over. Was getting a bit repetitive. The next one will have even better sound quality, because we will record individually. 

gamingeek said:

Whoa, what's with the chalkboard sqeeks?

 I blame Homer!

The VG Press
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 2701
News Posts: 277
Joined: 2008-07-12
 
Fri, 17 Apr 2009 13:36:40

BOBBY, YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO END THE PODCAST BEFORE YOU GO OFF TOPIC LIKE THAT.

Also, you owe me a new keyboard goddamn.

...

and i dont swear that much...Sad

Edited: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 13:37:10

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 47017
News Posts: 59765
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 17 Apr 2009 14:34:57

LOL, I have a Barry White Mii and you can use Mii's as avatars speaking for you on Wii Speak so I sung some Barry White and sent the messages out.

I also have a stormtrooper Mii. Hence the Star Wars theme tune.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 31393
News Posts: 1717
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Fri, 17 Apr 2009 22:50:23

Good lord thats a long podcast.

Glad you guys are listening. Anything you guys want to add about the topics we discussed?

660896.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 2701
News Posts: 277
Joined: 2008-07-12
 
Sat, 18 Apr 2009 00:28:21

gamingeek said:

LOL, I have a Barry White Mii and you can use Mii's as avatars speaking for you on Wii Speak so I sung some Barry White and sent the messages out.

I also have a stormtrooper Mii. Hence the Star Wars theme tune.

 Is it possible for the messages to be saved?

Because I want someone to get said recording, and record it into their computer.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 31393
News Posts: 1717
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sat, 18 Apr 2009 01:22:58

I just cheated on you guys. I recorded a podcast with some friends at biohaze, our RE site, we had Chris Kramer the Capcom PR guy on and we got to ask him questions about RE5 and Capcom in general for an hour.  Really good talk, he dodged a few questions, couldnt say certain things but was still entertaining.

As soon as its up I will post it in our weekly news.

In terms of the wii, we ask him point blank why no RE4 like Wii games when it sold so well. He said something about them being super surprised that RE4 Wii sold so much so it could be a possibility in the furture. I foget exactly his response. All I know is clearly there is nothing in the works for a non on rails RE game for the Wii or for any console at this moment.  There are more questions along these lines as well. No I did not bring up the crap that is Dead Rising Wii and neither did he.

660896.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 15965
News Posts: 1043
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 18 Apr 2009 02:48:40

Dvader said:

I just cheated on you guys. I recorded a podcast with some friends at biohaze, our RE site, we had Chris Kramer the Capcom PR guy on and we got to ask him questions about RE5 and Capcom in general for an hour.  Really good talk, he dodged a few questions, couldnt say certain things but was still entertaining.

As soon as its up I will post it in our weekly news.

In terms of the wii, we ask him point blank why no RE4 like Wii games when it sold so well. He said something about them being super surprised that RE4 Wii sold so much so it could be a possibility in the furture. I foget exactly his response. All I know is clearly there is nothing in the works for a non on rails RE game for the Wii or for any console at this moment.  There are more questions along these lines as well. No I did not bring up the crap that is Dead Rising Wii and neither did he.

Dammit! you should've read him your Dead Rising impressions. Nyaa

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 2701
News Posts: 277
Joined: 2008-07-12
 
Sat, 18 Apr 2009 04:02:10

Dvader said:

I just cheated on you guys. I recorded a podcast with some friends at biohaze, our RE site, we had Chris Kramer the Capcom PR guy on and we got to ask him questions about RE5 and Capcom in general for an hour.  Really good talk, he dodged a few questions, couldnt say certain things but was still entertaining.

As soon as its up I will post it in our weekly news.

In terms of the wii, we ask him point blank why no RE4 like Wii games when it sold so well. He said something about them being super surprised that RE4 Wii sold so much so it could be a possibility in the furture. I foget exactly his response. All I know is clearly there is nothing in the works for a non on rails RE game for the Wii or for any console at this moment.  There are more questions along these lines as well. No I did not bring up the crap that is Dead Rising Wii and neither did he.

 Really?

Please, post a link. I'll be interested to actually listen to this. 

Yes. I'll be interested in listening to a Resident Evil podcast.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 31393
News Posts: 1717
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sat, 18 Apr 2009 04:14:12
When its ready I will post the link.
660896.png
avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 18380
News Posts: 8782
Joined: 2008-08-18
 
Sat, 18 Apr 2009 06:54:44
Dvader said:
When its ready I will post the link.

Yeah I know you have to be polite, but really shoudl have called him on the Dead Rising.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 31393
News Posts: 1717
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sat, 18 Apr 2009 07:06:38

While I wait for this thing to come up let me share some of the stuff he said. I just reheard what he stated when asked about the success of RE4 wii edition. He said they were surprised cause they didn't expect a 2 year old ported M rated game to sell well on a console that is more geared to kids and casuals. He says the success of RE4 Wii is why Monster Hunter is coming to the Wii, so congrats Wii owners you passed that test, you win Monster Hunter. He also states that we shouldn't rule out a traditional RE game on the wii in the future.

The guy is a Wesker whore like me and he basically says there is no way Wesker will be dead, he has to come back.

660896.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 31393
News Posts: 1717
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sat, 18 Apr 2009 07:08:18

aspro73 said:
Dvader said:
When its ready I will post the link.

Yeah I know you have to be polite, but really shoudl have called him on the Dead Rising.

He didn't make the game. He never once brought it up. If he had said something like Wii owners should play Dead Rising on the Wii for their RE4 like fix then I would have said something. But we talked about the Dead Rising series, not one peep about DR Wii.

660896.png
avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Sat, 18 Apr 2009 08:45:03

Dvader said:

While I wait for this thing to come up let me share some of the stuff he said. I just reheard what he stated when asked about the success of RE4 wii edition. He said they were surprised cause they didn't expect a 2 year old ported M rated game to sell well on a console that is more geared to kids and casuals. He says the success of RE4 Wii is why Monster Hunter is coming to the Wii, so congrats Wii owners you passed that test, you win Monster Hunter. He also states that we shouldn't rule out a traditional RE game on the wii in the future.

The guy is a Wesker whore like me and he basically says there is no way Wesker will be dead, he has to come back.

i don't believe the monster hunter 3 responce.  it's nonsensical anyway.  the reason MH3 is on wii is at the time it was going to start being made the Wii was dominating japan big time and it's a japanese franchise first and foremost.

if they wanted to reward people for passing the RE4wii test, surely the logical thing would be RE5 right?

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 47017
News Posts: 59765
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 18 Apr 2009 15:55:06

darthhomer said:

gamingeek said:

LOL, I have a Barry White Mii and you can use Mii's as avatars speaking for you on Wii Speak so I sung some Barry White and sent the messages out.

I also have a stormtrooper Mii. Hence the Star Wars theme tune.

Is it possible for the messages to be saved?

Because I want someone to get said recording, and record it into their computer.

I hope not!

Foolz singing was awesome though. LOL

Dvader said:

While I wait for this thing to come up let me share some of the stuff he said. I just reheard what he stated when asked about the success of RE4 wii edition. He said they were surprised cause they didn't expect a 2 year old ported M rated game to sell well on a console that is more geared to kids and casuals. He says the success of RE4 Wii is why Monster Hunter is coming to the Wii, so congrats Wii owners you passed that test, you win Monster Hunter. He also states that we shouldn't rule out a traditional RE game on the wii in the future.

The guy is a Wesker whore like me and he basically says there is no way Wesker will be dead, he has to come back.

I'm calling bull-fucking-shit on Monster Hunter 3, but nice try Kramer.

Monster Hunter 3 was switched because as Capcom themselves said: cost (see the BS Capcom PR thread). And because the Wii was decimating PS3 in Japan which is the only territory Monster Hunter sells in.  

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 31393
News Posts: 1717
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sat, 18 Apr 2009 16:59:10

gamingeek said:

darthhomer said:

gamingeek said:

LOL, I have a Barry White Mii and you can use Mii's as avatars speaking for you on Wii Speak so I sung some Barry White and sent the messages out.

I also have a stormtrooper Mii. Hence the Star Wars theme tune.

Is it possible for the messages to be saved?

Because I want someone to get said recording, and record it into their computer.

I hope not!

Foolz singing was awesome though. LOL

Dvader said:

While I wait for this thing to come up let me share some of the stuff he said. I just reheard what he stated when asked about the success of RE4 wii edition. He said they were surprised cause they didn't expect a 2 year old ported M rated game to sell well on a console that is more geared to kids and casuals. He says the success of RE4 Wii is why Monster Hunter is coming to the Wii, so congrats Wii owners you passed that test, you win Monster Hunter. He also states that we shouldn't rule out a traditional RE game on the wii in the future.

The guy is a Wesker whore like me and he basically says there is no way Wesker will be dead, he has to come back.

I'm calling bull-fucking-shit on Monster Hunter 3, but nice try Kramer.

Monster Hunter 3 was switched because as Capcom themselves said: cost (see the BS Capcom PR thread). And because the Wii was decimating PS3 in Japan which is the only territory Monster Hunter sells in.  

LOL You guys are going to love him.

If we would have had him on we would have spent the hour yelling at him about Capcom support for the Wii.

Edited: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 17:03:02
660896.png
<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
*crickets*
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?