Forum > Gaming Discussion > Do you honestly care how a controller or console aestetically looks?
Do you honestly care how a controller or console aestetically looks?
<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6343
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 01 Oct 2009 19:47:25
gamingeek said:

Dvader said:
This isnt the GG news, oops. LOL

The hell LOL

And what's a burro?

Burro

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14648
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 01 Oct 2009 20:09:18
I care, but usually not enough to keep me from buying an ugly console if it has great games. I think both Xbox and Xbox 360 consoles are awful looking, but I still bought them. I remember when I bought my GC, and I asked the clerk if they had any black ones, because there was no way in hell I was going home with that hideous purple lunchbox.  I prefer small, sleek, black consoles the most.

I've talked to many gamers over the years, and most prefer the original Model 1 Mega Drive/Genesis console design over the Model 2. I think they're nuts. Model 2 looks waaaay better!

I think most game consoles are very ugly, but they have been getting better lately. Changing the color of Wii and Xbox 360 to black is a huge improvement (why didn't they release them in that color in the first place?!). PS3 Slim looks more like a standard Blu-Ray player, which I like. In fact, I'd prefer it if all consoles looked like DVD/Blu-Ray players.

Edited: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 22:29:55

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14648
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 01 Oct 2009 20:22:52

gamingeek said:
So on a similar sort of subject has anyone in your life ever made you feel bad about being a gamer? My parents, my father especially would always dismiss them saying they were for kids and berate me for playing them even when my older brother plays them too and we're both on or near the 30 yr old mark.

My parents always supported my hobbies.

I've only had one person try to make me feel bad as a gamer, but he failed miserably. This was back 15 years or so ago. I was browsing through a gaming mag at a local bookstore, and some old guy I didn't know told me that I shouldn't be reading those mags because they were for kids. I told him to mind his own business.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 13702
News Posts: 452
Joined: 2008-07-03
 
Thu, 01 Oct 2009 21:05:35

SteelAttack said:

Archangel3371 said:
Would something ever be ugly enough not to buy it? No probably not because as long as it has games I want to play then I could probably look past that.

So...would you buy and play a penis-shaped console? LOL

Isn't that what the new PS3 controller is? Or a stick with a testicle stuck on top.

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 18065
News Posts: 8760
Joined: 2008-08-18
 
Thu, 01 Oct 2009 21:15:44

Yodariquo said:
The batarang was an easy target as it looked ridiculous, but the real concern, at least as I saw it, was that it looked very uncomfortable.

I agree with that. Man people assume the Jaguar has the worst controller and that it must be uncomfortable, but it is actuall as comfortable as a MS controller (no kidding).

I could not give a hoot what a controller looks like. It has to be responsive, strong and comfortable - in that order.





avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Thu, 01 Oct 2009 22:18:14

The DC controller is the only one I think it would be painful to use. I have fairly big hands so even when I tried the huge Xbox controller I didn't find it uncomfortable, although by the time I got my own Xbox, it already had an S type controller.
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 15745
News Posts: 1040
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 02 Oct 2009 04:43:05
Definitely not. The xbox S controller looked pretty good to me, but unfortunately it caused chronic joint pain. But considering chronic joint pain isn't enough to stop me from playing, the look of a controller or console certainly isn't going to be. Nyaa

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 02 Oct 2009 12:19:08
I dont like black consoles because I dont like dusting them. The xbox 1 was ridiculous with the grills, how much dust did that thing collect?

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Fri, 02 Oct 2009 13:23:40

gamingeek said:
I dont like black consoles because I dont like dusting them. The xbox 1 was ridiculous with the grills, how much dust did that thing collect?

The PS3 is a fucking dust magnet. I dust that shit every single day, only to find it again like a camel's groin the following night.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 02 Oct 2009 19:40:57

SteelAttack said:

gamingeek said:
I dont like black consoles because I dont like dusting them. The xbox 1 was ridiculous with the grills, how much dust did that thing collect?

The PS3 is a fucking dust magnet. I dust that shit every single day, only to find it again like a camel's groin the following night.

But its smooth isn't it? What about the black controllers eh? I just dusted a half centimetre off my xbox 1 controller S.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14648
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 02 Oct 2009 19:51:50
You guys do know that white consoles collect just as much dust as black consoles, right? Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there. WinkWink

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 02 Oct 2009 20:03:58

Ravenprose said:
You guys do know that white consoles collect just as much dust as black consoles, right? Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there. WinkWink

As long as I dont see it, I don't care.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14648
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 02 Oct 2009 20:04:46

gamingeek said:

Ravenprose said:
You guys do know that white consoles collect just as much dust as black consoles, right? Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there. WinkWink

As long as I dont see it, I don't care.

Your consoles care.


Edited: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 20:18:45

The VG Press

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 12479
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Fri, 02 Oct 2009 20:56:50

Ravenprose said:

gamingeek said:


Ravenprose said:

You guys do know that white consoles collect just as much dust as black consoles, right? Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there. WinkWink

As long as I dont see it, I don't care.

Your consoles care.


 

Indeed. Oh and I'm sure they'll care when it bursts into flames. Nyaa

1176413.png

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 02 Oct 2009 21:12:01
That's what a warranty is for Nyaa

avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9411
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 02 Oct 2009 21:35:55
Did you know that 90% of dust is disregarded human skin? You flesh bags sicken me!
The VG Press
avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Fri, 02 Oct 2009 22:41:59

Iga_Bobovic said:
Did you know that 90% of dust is disregarded human skin? You flesh bags sicken me!

Yeah, I am like a reptile.

avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9411
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 02 Oct 2009 22:56:53

SteelAttack said:

Iga_Bobovic said:
Did you know that 90% of dust is disregarded human skin? You flesh bags sicken me!

Yeah, I am like a reptile.

 Reptiles are slightly less disgusting.

The VG Press
avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 12479
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Fri, 02 Oct 2009 22:57:19

SteelAttack said:


Iga_Bobovic said:

Did you know that 90% of dust is disregarded human skin? You flesh bags sicken me!

Yeah, I am like a reptile.

 

LOL

1176413.png

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14648
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 02 Oct 2009 23:00:02
Hamsters don't shed skin, only fur.

The VG Press

<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
*crickets*
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?