Forum > Gaming Discussion > Demon's Souls - Official Impressions and Discussion Topic
Demon's Souls - Official Impressions and Discussion Topic
<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 29 Oct 2009 19:05:37

Did you post this twice?

Who has this here? Bugs, you, Rag and Phantom?

Edited: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 19:07:06

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Thu, 29 Oct 2009 19:13:32

gamingeek said:

Did you post this twice?

Who has this here? Bugs, you, Rag and Phantom?

i think so.  also carnage who is a crypto-vgpresser

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 29 Oct 2009 19:38:32
So co-op, how many can play at once?

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Thu, 29 Oct 2009 19:52:15

gamingeek said:
So co-op, how many can play at once?

it's very restricted.  the host needs to have his full body form (which is very uncommon for most people), and he can summon up to two players as blue phantoms to play co-op against a boss he hasn't yet beaten in his playthrough

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 613
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-10
 
Fri, 30 Oct 2009 02:14:26

Its 77.65% likley that I must buy a PS3 this payday and demons soul to save humanity from impending disaster, the world may be doomed if I do not!

Stupid, now I have to be a multi console owner, support multiple librarys and hope to pay for it all on the magic power of hopes and dreams.

*kicks a unicorn*

‚Äč

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Fri, 30 Oct 2009 05:12:50
It's almost impossible to talk about this game to people who have not played it. I will just say that it is excellent. It deserves all the 9 reviews it got. It is so different from the norm, I am almost amazed that a game like this got created in this gen.
660896.png
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 30 Oct 2009 11:57:09

bugsonglass said:

gamingeek said:
So co-op, how many can play at once?

it's very restricted.  the host needs to have his full body form (which is very uncommon for most people), and he can summon up to two players as blue phantoms to play co-op against a boss he hasn't yet beaten in his playthrough

BodyForm.jpg

Dvader said:
It's almost impossible to talk about this game to people who have not played it. I will just say that it is excellent. It deserves all the 9 reviews it got. It is so different from the norm, I am almost amazed that a game like this got created in this gen.

You can say that again.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Fri, 30 Oct 2009 23:32:08
If I am on the podcast I will be talking about this game. Normally i come totally unprepared to a podcast that is why I am fumbling all over my impressions segment cause I have no direction in what I am saying. I have so much I want to talk about that I end up jumping all over the place.

This game is really tough to describe so I will try to have some order to how I will explain the game and why its so cool. If you have any questions you want answered post them here.
660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Thu, 05 Nov 2009 17:38:18
I cant wait till the podcast is up, you guys need to listen to the Demon's Souls segment. Now I can talk more about co-op and the PvP as I have experienced both. This game is genius on so many levels but with that comes issues. Which I will save for the next podcast which hopefully I can make.
660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6343
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 05 Nov 2009 18:51:14
Dvader said:
I cant wait till the podcast is up, you guys need to listen to the Demon's Souls segment. Now I can talk more about co-op and the PvP as I have experienced both. This game is genius on so many levels but with that comes issues. Which I will save for the next podcast which hopefully I can make.

Also keep a listen for me repeatedly trying to get him to move on.

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Thu, 05 Nov 2009 18:54:16

Yodariquo said:
Dvader said:
I cant wait till the podcast is up, you guys need to listen to the Demon's Souls segment. Now I can talk more about co-op and the PvP as I have experienced both. This game is genius on so many levels but with that comes issues. Which I will save for the next podcast which hopefully I can make.

Also keep a listen for me repeatedly trying to get him to move on.

You failed. Nyaa

660896.png
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 05 Nov 2009 19:03:57

Do an all Beatles Rock Band and Demons soul podcast.

Then I can rip my eyes out as I listen.

Edited: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 19:04:43

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Fri, 06 Nov 2009 03:21:21

gamingeek said:

Do an all Beatles Rock Band and Demons soul podcast.

Then I can rip my eyes out as I listen.

How can you not want to hear about Demon's Souls. Sad

I guess it needs more home and gardening gameplay.

Edited: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 03:21:45
660896.png
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 06 Nov 2009 10:39:54

Dvader said:

gamingeek said:

Do an all Beatles Rock Band and Demons soul podcast.

Then I can rip my eyes out as I listen.

How can you not want to hear about Demon's Souls. Sad

I guess it needs more home and gardening gameplay.

Damn straight!

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 18065
News Posts: 8760
Joined: 2008-08-18
 
Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:13:50
Listening to dvader on the podcast today - that boss battle that summons another real user - now that's innovative.

I'm bandwidth challenged - it doesn't sound like this would be much of a draw for a solo gamer like me. Am I right? I mean, how much will I be mising out on?

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Thu, 12 Nov 2009 16:14:43

aspro said:
Listening to dvader on the podcast today - that boss battle that summons another real user - now that's innovative.

I'm bandwidth challenged - it doesn't sound like this would be much of a draw for a solo gamer like me. Am I right? I mean, how much will I be mising out on?

solo is awesome too, i don't think you'd be missing much.  also the online is kind of understated most of the time.  it's good to have your machine connected as you will be able to see all the bloodstains and all the warning signs from other players.  but it's very rare that you will have the chance to call a blue phantom for active multiplayer.  so while the online is good for making you not feel entirely alone in boletaria, you are essentially playing the game on your own.

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 18065
News Posts: 8760
Joined: 2008-08-18
 
Thu, 12 Nov 2009 20:10:57
Okay.  Time for me to bite the bullet and pull the trigger. I am going to buy this game at full price (through the VGPress store of course - score, it's only $49USD right now).

Bugsy - good to see you man.
Edited: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 20:16:14

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Fri, 15 Jan 2010 17:56:50

aspro said:
Okay.  Time for me to bite the bullet and pull the trigger. I am going to buy this game at full price (through the VGPress store of course - score, it's only $49USD right now).

Bugsy - good to see you man.

Buddy have you received your order yet?

I've been playing this game again since i set up my ps3 again for my friend to transfer his PSN games.

I started playing as a Royal as Rag suggested.  This along with my previous experience of it has made the game seem a lot less difficult than before.  My spell (soul arrow) is practically limitless due to the magic regen. ring whereas the Mage would use up all the MP after casting the fire spell just 5-6 times.  I almost feel i am cheating so i try to use melee combat as much as possible.

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Sat, 16 Jan 2010 09:34:22
i need some help.  there's a few questions i have.

i went back to boletaria castle today and defeated the black knight with the red eyes.  then i found the small king.  was i supposed to just talk to him?  anyway since i could lock-on to him i started firing soul arrows at him which did no damage at all.  then he came to fight me and i gave a good few strong lashes with my sword, still no damage.  at that point i ran off.  have i fucked up that beat?

also in 1-2, in my previous profile i met the knight Ostrava again and talked to him and let him do his thing.  this time, he was nowhere to be found.  does this mean i let him die in 1-1?  i certainly talked to him and killed the ghouls that were stalking him but i don't know if the knights then killed him.  is this affecting my world tendency/character tendency?  moreover, what is really the world tendency and how do i affect it?

in 2-1 i see a lot of glowing loot i can't get to Sad  at one point in particular there was a plank leading to a platform with what looked like a lot of good stuff but the second i began to walk on it it broke and there was no other way to get across.

i also need some advice with gear.  i'm playing as a royal as Rag suggested and I got the crescent falchion+1 from 4-1.  should i leave it as it is or can blacksmith Ed make something useful to it?  and where are the guys who will teach me new spells?

it's now getting harder and harder to level up, each level coming at around 5000 souls or more so grinding is pretty well pointless.

i'm also a bit unclear about the online.  sometimes it's pretty barren, with no ghosts what so ever and with hardly any messages.  at other times it seems to be teeming with life with lots of ghosts running about and tons of messages and bloodstaines.

so far i've beaten 1-2 and 2-1 bosses but i feel i kinda cheesed through those battles.  i fought the big knight with magic from up on the fortress walls (i had attempted a more direct fight previously by trying to run around him and dodge his attacks but i couldn't negotiate the camera at the same time so i ran up the steps).  did a similar thing with the big spider who could hardly even attack in my direction since i had the thief's ring on and she was missing me.


Edited: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 09:37:48

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Sat, 16 Jan 2010 11:10:43
ok, playing through 2-1 now a little more comfortably to do a bit more exploration.  have answered a few of my earlier questions.  i got the big loot on that platform (i just ran across the plank as it was breaking under my feet).  i killed a couple of those elusive translucent lizards and got some ore (to upgrade weapons and such).  now the only loot i can't get to is the one on the ledge after the large number of miners (with the two throwing rocks etc) near where the lizard was.

i also met a bunch of other NPCs in the Nexus.  a guy wanting to teach me to perform miracles (is that worth my while at all?) and st freke's apprentice who can teach me some spells.  should i attempt to go rescue st freke yet?

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
*crickets*
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?