GG Weekly Videogame News RSS Feed
[eurogamer.net] Jaffe blown away by God of War 3 eurogamer.net Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] Fable II to get downloadable content eurogamer.net Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] Shaun White Snowboarding (Wii) Eurogamer Review 7/10 eurogamer.net Iga_Bobovic
[gonintendo.com] Age of Empires: Mythologies - more screens gonintendo.com Iga_Bobovic
[edge-online.com] Microsoft - The Wii doesn’t even have online Really? edge-online.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamasutra.com] de Blob wins big down under gamasutra.com Iga_Bobovic
New FFCC: Echoes of Time Screens twgnintendo.com Iga_Bobovic
[gametrailers.com] The Last Remnant gametrailers review gametrailers.com Iga_Bobovic
[nintendoeverything.com] What would Aonuma change in OOT? The iron boots, me and Aonuma see eye to eye! nintendoeverything.com Iga_Bobovic
Nintendo Power news Up, up in the butt aeropause.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamekyo.com] Final Fantasy XIII: more pics of Snow gamekyo.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Nintendo Dominates in Australia "Wii and DS AU sales figures will blow your mind" ign.com Ravenprose
[gonintendo.com] Sonic Chronicles 2 nearly confirmed gonintendo.com Ravenprose
[gonintendo.com] ECA boss talks used game sales They are not bad for the industry gonintendo.com Ravenprose
[gametrailers.com] Bonus Round: Nintendo Online Services Michael Pachter rules! gametrailers.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] PlayStation 3: Two Years Later ign.com Iga_Bobovic
Harvest Moon: Welcome to the Wind Bazaar more screens, art dengeki.com Iga_Bobovic
RIZ-ZOAWD - more art dengeki.com Iga_Bobovic
[computerandvideogames.com] Game pirate takes cash, buys boob job for wife computerandvideogames.com Iga_Bobovic
[cubed3.com] Monolith Soft has ideas for Disaster 2 is ready to make a new Baten Kaitos cubed3.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamesindustry.biz] Sony - The Wii is great…but the EyeToy is better Okay... gamesindustry.biz Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Prince of Persia Trailer ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] IGN Last Remnant Video Review ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] IGN The Last Remnant Review 5.3 ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Wanted: Weapons of Fate Trailer ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Batman: Arkham Asylum Trailer ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] IGN Pit Crew Panic Screenshots ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] New Mushroom Men Video ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Has Nintendo Lost the Hardcore Gamer? IGN Editorial ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Prince of Persia IGN Review Wow a 9.3! Wait a second it is reviewed by Hilary "Oscar Worthy" Goldstein ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] TrackMania DS Eurogamer Review 8/10 Nice eurogamer.net Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] Banjo-Kazooie Eurogamer Review 5/10! Ouch eurogamer.net Iga_Bobovic
[gamesradar.com] Sonic and the Black Knight - preview gamesradar.com Iga_Bobovic
[destructoid.com] Marble Saga: Kororinpa - preview destructoid.com Iga_Bobovic
[nintendoeverything.com] Aonuma won’t quit Zelda until he betters OOT Newsflash: Majora and Twilight > Ocarina nintendoeverything.com Iga_Bobovic
[famitsu.com] Suikoden Tierkreis - more screens famitsu.com Iga_Bobovic
[gonintendo.com] Wii breaks 7 million in Japan gonintendo.com Iga_Bobovic
[neogaf.com] ELSPA Sales Awards UK (November 08) neogaf.com Iga_Bobovic
[gametrailers.com] Angry Video Game Nerd: CD-i Part II Zelda CD-i, Vader in crying gametrailers.com Iga_Bobovic
[gametrailers.com] Valkyria Chronicles GT Review gametrailers.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamekyo.com] Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom new video gamekyo.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamekyo.com] Afrika new Japanese TV commercial gamekyo.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamekyo.com] Tenchu 4 announced for the PSP gamekyo.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamekyo.com] Shantotto in Dissidia : Final Fantasy Who? gamekyo.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamekyo.com] Summon Night X : Tears Crown scans gamekyo.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamekyo.com] Dragon Quest IX new female characters gamekyo.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamekyo.com] The Godfather II: new screenshots gamekyo.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Fallout 3 DLC Revealed Editing tools and new content in '09. ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Gamers Not Addicts Clinic says problem mainly social, not psychological. ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Grand Theft Auto IV's PC Multiplayer Modes Same modes, but now with support for up to 32 players. ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Halo 3: Recon Name Changed Now with more acronyms. ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Hacked on Xbox 360: A Victim's Tale Plus, seven tips on how to avoid the same fate. ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Fixing Square's RPG Machine Just buy a DS ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] The Lord of the Rings: Conquest Video Good to Be Bad Trailer ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] PowerUp Forever Video Infinite Trailer ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] No PS3 Price Cut Sony responds to rumours. ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] PlayStation 3: The Year Ahead A Sony suit answers IGNs questions about the PS3, Home, and the future of the PSP. ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] LocoRoco 2 IGN AU Review Happy happy joy joy: the game. How can you resist? 8.8 ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Devil Survivor Screens ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Harvest Moon Screens ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] New DS Bundles for Black Friday Does your blood run Mario Red? ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Boingz IGN Review Play with a dildo ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Carnival Games Mini Golf IGN Review The lowest score wins, right? 3.5 ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Shaun White  (Target Edition) IGN Review A great example of how to handle the Wii version of a multi-platform game. ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] The Top 10 Games That Might Make You Whack .. ...your Friends in the Nuts ign.com Iga_Bobovic
F.E.A.R 2 Banned in Australia ANOTHER ONE!? classification.gov.au darthhomer
[ign.com] Personal Trainer: Cooking Review Better than Left 4 Dead! ign.com Foolz
[youtube.com] New Zelda Movie fan trailer youtube.com gamingeek
[gametrailers.com] Sonic Unleashed (Wii) GT Review gametrailers.com Iga_Bobovic
[gametrailers.com] Left 4 Dead GT Review gametrailers.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamekyo.com] Bayonetta: new screenshots gamekyo.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamekyo.com] Fragile new screenshots gamekyo.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] WoW: The Wrath of the Lich King IGN Review Bringing the battle back to Azeroth in Blizzard's second expansion. 9.0 ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] The Godfather II Video Families Trailer ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] 50 Cent Talks Blood on the Sand ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 IGN Review 7.2 ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Street Fighter IV screens ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Dead Space DLC Impressions What's good and what's not. ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Prince of Persia IGN UK Review Much better than the Hilary Review ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] PlayStation 3: Home-ward Bound ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia Guide Be master of glyphs and bosses with our in-depth walkthrough. ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Top 10 Videogame Turkeys Let us celebrate magnificent videogame flops. ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[gonintendo.com] Adult video game maker calls out industry "Why have ESRB ratings when no one will allow ‘Adult’ rated games?" gonintendo.com Ravenprose
[gonintendo.com] Gamespy Castlevania Judgement review 1.5 stars out of 5 gonintendo.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Top 15 Most Bizarre DS Games ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Ys Being Re-translated for DS ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] IGN Reboot: Luigi's Mansion For Wii, DS "Why Nintendo should give Mario's cowardly brother another mansion to explore" ign.com Ravenprose
[gonintendo.com] NGamer - review scores Sky Crawlers 88% nice gonintendo.com Iga_Bobovic
[gonintendo.com] Marvelous Entertainment - midterm results/forecast See the expected sales of LKS, Rune factory, etc. gonintendo.com Iga_Bobovic
Monster Games producing new game for Nintendo Top Secret - EXITEEE? locallygrownnorthfield.org Iga_Bobovic
[gamekyo.com] Yakuza 3: new video gamekyo.com gamingeek
[neogaf.com] Asian Aquanaughts Holiday has English option! Import it now, or face GG fury neogaf.com gamingeek
Hope for HDTV upscaling? Toshiba has new tech for SD signals toshiba.co.uk gamingeek
[gamesindustry.biz] Capcom shares hit five year high Chop till you drop responsible? LOL gamesindustry.biz gamingeek
[gamesindustry.biz] Rare talk avatars So they planned for minigames? gamesindustry.biz gamingeek
[gamesindustry.biz] PSP2 Processor being worked on? Will it allow you to jack into the matrix? gamesindustry.biz gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] 360 sales double in Japan Last Remenant still leaves console lagging computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Gaming graveyard Where canned games go to die computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Dreamcast 10th birthday computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Resistance 2 review Suprisingly, unsuprising computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[gamersyde.com] Stormrise screens SEGA total war devs gamersyde.com gamingeek
[gamersyde.com] Ninja Blade videos gamersyde.com gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Uh oh, bad news for FFXIII. Delays? 360 version hasn't been worked on eurogamer.net gamingeek
[gamasutra.com] PSP vs DS The Gamasutra sales showdown gamasutra.com gamingeek
[gamasutra.com] Ubisoft profits slip Endwar bad, Shawn White Wii good gamasutra.com gamingeek
[gamasutra.com] Animal Crossing selling big in Japan gamasutra.com gamingeek
FF XIII Interview Will make Edge happy? kikizo.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Star Ocean the Last Hope screens gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Suikoden Tierkreis screens Konami DS game gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] RE5 screens gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gonintendo.com] Japanese hardware sales - Nov. 17th to 24th DSi > DS Lite in sales gonintendo.com Ravenprose
[gonintendo.com] The internet has Shenmue fever Fans plan to mass email Sega requesting a sequel gonintendo.com Ravenprose
[gonintendo.com] Capcom: WiiWare file sizes too small for Bionic Commando Rearmed/SF2 HD Remix, still hope for SFIV gonintendo.com Ravenprose
[techradar.com] Why adding 3D graphics to games was a bad idea Opinion techradar.com Ravenprose
[eurogamer.net] Sonic Unleashed Eurogamer Review Wii version 6/10 eurogamer.net Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] Sonic Unleashed Eurogamer Review The HD version 4/10 eurogamer.net Iga_Bobovic
[youtube.com] FRAGILE G-station TV programme special Please come to Europe youtube.com Iga_Bobovic
[cubed3.com] 428-preorders jump after perfect Famitsu score Reviews do matter cubed3.com Iga_Bobovic
[videogamer.com] Broken Sword DS announcement soon So says point and click legend Charles Cecil. videogamer.com Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] The Trader's Dilemma eurogamer.net Iga_Bobovic
[tinycartridge.com] Reading Aloud Play Wii - screens series of WiiWare picture books tinycartridge.com Iga_Bobovic
[kotaku.com] Mikami - Resident Evil 5 will "just cause me stres "I won't like it, because it's not going to be the game I would have made," kotaku.com Iga_Bobovic
Display: Order by:

<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 42489
News Posts: 53241
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 27 Nov 2008 20:25:36
Ravenprose said:

Well, I rented de Blob tonight. Impressions later.

EDIT: Okay, I played through the first series of missions, and while I love the graphics, music and art style, I really don't like the controls much. Jumping/attacking by flicking the Wii Remote down is annoying as hell, and my wrist is already starting to hurt. The early missions are pretty boring too. I hope they get better. Yeah, I'm glad I rented it first. I have five days with it, so I'm going to play it a lot more before I decide if it's for me or not.



I need you to post more impressions before I decide to blacklist you from my Animal Crossing friends list. Happy

I just watched the Call of Duty World at War IGN Video review in thursdays updates. Not the greatest video review but its worth watching for those of you dubious on this version. It is actually doing some impressive stuff with the COD4 engine. Sure, some areas look better than others, there are some higher and lower poly textures here and there. But the size is really impressive as is the amount of stuff going on, the colour in the IGN video review is saturated. But it's a pretty epic production on Wii as far as third parties go. Of course if Retro made it, it would look twice as good Grinning
Edited: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 20:31:39

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 13757
News Posts: 2106
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 27 Nov 2008 20:37:04
gamingeek said:
Ravenprose said:

Well, I rented de Blob tonight. Impressions later.

EDIT: Okay, I played through the first series of missions, and while I love the graphics, music and art style, I really don't like the controls much. Jumping/attacking by flicking the Wii Remote down is annoying as hell, and my wrist is already starting to hurt. The early missions are pretty boring too. I hope they get better. Yeah, I'm glad I rented it first. I have five days with it, so I'm going to play it a lot more before I decide if it's for me or not.



I need you to post more impressions before I decide to blacklist you from my Animal Crossing friends list.

I posted more in your de Blob thread in the forum. I've played it for nearly 6 hours now, and my feelings haven't changed. I've only continued to play it due to it's charming atmosphere, but I can only play it for about 20 minutes at a time before boredom sets in and I need a break. I really, really wish I could like this game, but the challenges just are not much fun for me.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 2701
News Posts: 277
Joined: 2008-07-12
 
Thu, 27 Nov 2008 20:37:25
Punk Rebel Ecks said:

The second I clicked that, my computer shut down on me. Thankfully, I didn't get to hear much, so I'm SAVED!

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 13757
News Posts: 2106
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 27 Nov 2008 20:43:43
gamingeek said:
I just watched the Call of Duty World at War IGN Video review in thursdays updates. Not the greatest video review but its worth watching for those of you dubious on this version. It is actually doing some impressive stuff with the COD4 engine. Sure, some areas look better than others, there are some higher and lower poly textures here and there. But the size is really impressive as is the amount of stuff going on, the colour in the IGN video review is saturated. But it's a pretty epic production on Wii as far as third parties go. Of course if Retro made it, it would look twice as good Grinning

I watched that video last night, and I have two problems with the game:

  1. Yet another WWII game. Sorry, but I never liked that setting, and I never will (except for the Wolfenstein series).
  2. Looks like crap graphically. I really wish Wii devs would just stop trying to do realistic graphics on Wii. They all look like garbage! Try something else, please! Cell shading or stylized graphics like Metroid Prime/Red Steel would be a definate improvement over this nonsense.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 42489
News Posts: 53241
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 27 Nov 2008 20:45:56

I've been really tired and busy lately and with the laptop being repaired a bit out of things. Thanks for posting the updates and giving me stuff to read through guys.

I like these screens:

Sonic and the Black Knight new screenshots

Fragile new screenshots

Fragile new screenshots

What's going on with this Sonic Black Knight game? Its visuals are getting better each day. Why not make a decent i.e non sonic game with environments like this?

Sonic and the Black Knight new screenshots

Sonic and the Black Knight new screenshots

Sonic and the Black Knight new screenshots

Bayonetta: new screenshots

Bayonetta: new screenshots

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 13757
News Posts: 2106
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 27 Nov 2008 20:53:19

Sonic and the Black Knight does look a lot better than Sonic Unleashed. Werehog ruined Sonic Unleashed, IMO.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 42489
News Posts: 53241
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 27 Nov 2008 21:00:39
Ravenprose said:
gamingeek said:
Ravenprose said:

Well, I rented de Blob tonight. Impressions later.

EDIT: Okay, I played through the first series of missions, and while I love the graphics, music and art style, I really don't like the controls much. Jumping/attacking by flicking the Wii Remote down is annoying as hell, and my wrist is already starting to hurt. The early missions are pretty boring too. I hope they get better. Yeah, I'm glad I rented it first. I have five days with it, so I'm going to play it a lot more before I decide if it's for me or not.



I need you to post more impressions before I decide to blacklist you from my Animal Crossing friends list.

I posted more in your de Blob thread in the forum. I've played it for nearly 6 hours now, and my feelings haven't changed. I've only continued to play it due to it's charming atmosphere, but I can only play it for about 20 minutes at a time before boredom sets in and I need a break. I really, really wish I could like this game, but the challenges just are not much fun for me.

Ravenprose said:
gamingeek said:
I just watched the Call of Duty World at War IGN Video review in thursdays updates. Not the greatest video review but its worth watching for those of you dubious on this version. It is actually doing some impressive stuff with the COD4 engine. Sure, some areas look better than others, there are some higher and lower poly textures here and there. But the size is really impressive as is the amount of stuff going on, the colour in the IGN video review is saturated. But it's a pretty epic production on Wii as far as third parties go. Of course if Retro made it, it would look twice as good Grinning

I watched that video last night, and I have two problems with the game:

  1. Yet another WWII game. Sorry, but I never liked that setting, and I never will (except for the Wolfenstein series).
  2. Looks like crap graphically. I really wish Wii devs would just stop trying to do realistic graphics on Wii. They all look like garbage! Try something else, please! Cell shading or stylized graphics like Metroid Prime/Red Steel would be a definate improvement over this nonsense.



So your blacklisting is confirmed.

I have played a lot of COD WOW and it doesn't look crap graphically at all. On an HDTV sure, if you go around and investigate every texture or go prone and sit with your face jammed up to a texture, sure. Like most Xbox/GC/Wii generation games some levels look better than others, some areas in levels look better than others. After a couple of weeks playing, I can say that it's doing some impressive stuff. It's not a metroid game though, it's not in confined areas with a couple of enemies and areas that load between each door. So no, its textures and environments in terms of actual quality in no way come close to that. But it has a huge scale. There is this bit in the second level when you jump over a barrier and see this huge sprawling level in front of you, no pop up, no fogging, tons of smoke and effects and enemies running about. For a third party game I have to give treyarch maximuto points for putting the effort in. And despite its many frustrations, the controls and satisfaction of plugging Nazis and annoying suicide run Japanese, kept me coming back, despite me thinking that I was totally burnt out on WW2 shooters.

It's linear design and instant deaths hold it back from being better. The Wii controls make it more fun, even if there is a big learning curve and still laggy aiming down sights mode. It's probably the best shooter on the system, even though MOHH2 has faaaar better controls and a 60FPS. But then the FPS pickings are slim on Wii.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 13757
News Posts: 2106
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 27 Nov 2008 21:07:23
gamingeek said:



So your blacklisting is confirmed.

I have played a lot of COD WOW and it doesn't look crap graphically at all. On an HDTV sure, if you go around and investigate every texture or go prone and sit with your face jammed up to a texture, sure. Like most Xbox/GC/Wii generation games some levels look better than others, some areas in levels look better than others. After a couple of weeks playing, I can say that it's doing some impressive stuff. It's not a metroid game though, it's not in confined areas with a couple of enemies and areas that load between each door. So no, its textures and environments in terms of actual quality in no way come close to that. But it has a huge scale. There is this bit in the second level when you jump over a barrier and see this huge sprawling level in front of you, no pop up, no fogging, tons of smoke and effects and enemies running about. For a third party game I have to give treyarch maximuto points for putting the effort in. And despite its many frustrations, the controls and satisfaction of plugging Nazis and annoying suicide run Japanese, kept me coming back, despite me thinking that I was totally burnt out on WW2 shooters.

It's linear design and instant deaths hold it back from being better. The Wii controls make it more fun, even if there is a big learning curve and still laggy aiming down sights mode. It's probably the best shooter on the system, even though MOHH2 has faaaar better controls and a 60FPS. But then the FPS pickings are slim on Wii.

My view on the graphics is more my personal opinion than from how well they may have used the available tech. Even last gen, I thought all of those WWII games looked like crap graphically. I really just hate the realistic art style on last gen consoles and Wii. They look fugly to me.

Edited: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 21:19:21

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 42489
News Posts: 53241
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 27 Nov 2008 21:33:41
Ravenprose said:
gamingeek said:



So your blacklisting is confirmed.

I have played a lot of COD WOW and it doesn't look crap graphically at all. On an HDTV sure, if you go around and investigate every texture or go prone and sit with your face jammed up to a texture, sure. Like most Xbox/GC/Wii generation games some levels look better than others, some areas in levels look better than others. After a couple of weeks playing, I can say that it's doing some impressive stuff. It's not a metroid game though, it's not in confined areas with a couple of enemies and areas that load between each door. So no, its textures and environments in terms of actual quality in no way come close to that. But it has a huge scale. There is this bit in the second level when you jump over a barrier and see this huge sprawling level in front of you, no pop up, no fogging, tons of smoke and effects and enemies running about. For a third party game I have to give treyarch maximuto points for putting the effort in. And despite its many frustrations, the controls and satisfaction of plugging Nazis and annoying suicide run Japanese, kept me coming back, despite me thinking that I was totally burnt out on WW2 shooters.

It's linear design and instant deaths hold it back from being better. The Wii controls make it more fun, even if there is a big learning curve and still laggy aiming down sights mode. It's probably the best shooter on the system, even though MOHH2 has faaaar better controls and a 60FPS. But then the FPS pickings are slim on Wii.

My view on the graphics is more my personal opinion than from how well they may have used the available tech. Even last gen, I thought all of those WWII games looked like crap graphically. I really just hate the realistic art style on last gen consoles and Wii. They look fugly to me.

Well I managed to find some decent screens of the Wii version and posted them in the COD WOW thread:

http://thevgpress.com/forumtopics/call-of-duty-world-at-war-wii-a-game-at-war-with-itself_39.html

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 29780
News Posts: 1690
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Thu, 27 Nov 2008 22:26:10
gamingeek said:
Dvader said:
I just rented Sonic Unleashed on the Wii since I have to wait for the PS3 version I decided to try this out. Remember they are basically two different games.

I played for a few hours so far there is no way in hell that the Wii version is better than the HD versions and if it is then I dont want the HD versions. Its not bad but I kind of think Secret Rings is better. Its just the werehog and the text menus, omg they take forever. It took me almost 20 minutes of text surfing, cutscene watching (its like MGS, ok not that bad) to get from one level to another. When I left it I had finished 3 werehog levels, the next level is  more werehog, no screw that. I just went back and got S ranks on the few sonic levels I have.

I tried the wiimote at first, for sonic its ok but for the werehog its a pain in the ass. You have to swing like a crazy person, all attacks are shaing based. Almost all moves are based on shaking, it was too much of it. Werehog levels are not terrible but not great or engaging, just button mashing with very simple level design.

Sonic levels are cool, it is a bit like rush in that you have to dash your way to the end to get the fastest time. But I dont know, i definetly dont like it as much as the SA games. Like Secret Rings it has missions as well as the main stage, it just takes the main stage and gives simple objectives, but in Rings the missions felt like a real part of the game and you can customize Sonic to fit them, in this game the missions feel tacked on to add length.

Its ok, I am really really hoping the PS3 version is way better. And from what I have seen of the videos on youtube it is way better.



The press says the wii version is better, that doesn't bode well for the rest. Your only hope is this LOL



The press is smoking crack. There is no way the 360 version is worse than the Wii.

Go to youtube, watch comparison videos yourself, it is night and day, its as different as Sonic to werehog.  Any person that says the Wii version is better is freaking delusional.

And wow Black Knight is looking great. Seriously Sega shouldn'y have bothered with the Wii version of Unleashed if that is what they put out (sadly it will probably still sell more than the HD versions, they are much better served making specific Wii Sonic games from the ground up.
Edited: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 22:46:22
660896.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 29780
News Posts: 1690
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Thu, 27 Nov 2008 23:09:20
Oh and Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Even to those who live in a country that did not kill a ton of Indians after feeding them. Nyaa

660896.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 9366
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 28 Nov 2008 00:25:24

Let normal people eat other things, because the King of Cakes is still the Cake of Kings!

Check out the movie, the thing actually moves!!

The VG Press
avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 14186
News Posts: 1029
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 28 Nov 2008 03:24:26
Dvader said:
gamingeek said:
Dvader said:
I just rented Sonic Unleashed on the Wii since I have to wait for the PS3 version I decided to try this out. Remember they are basically two different games.

I played for a few hours so far there is no way in hell that the Wii version is better than the HD versions and if it is then I dont want the HD versions. Its not bad but I kind of think Secret Rings is better. Its just the werehog and the text menus, omg they take forever. It took me almost 20 minutes of text surfing, cutscene watching (its like MGS, ok not that bad) to get from one level to another. When I left it I had finished 3 werehog levels, the next level is  more werehog, no screw that. I just went back and got S ranks on the few sonic levels I have.

I tried the wiimote at first, for sonic its ok but for the werehog its a pain in the ass. You have to swing like a crazy person, all attacks are shaing based. Almost all moves are based on shaking, it was too much of it. Werehog levels are not terrible but not great or engaging, just button mashing with very simple level design.

Sonic levels are cool, it is a bit like rush in that you have to dash your way to the end to get the fastest time. But I dont know, i definetly dont like it as much as the SA games. Like Secret Rings it has missions as well as the main stage, it just takes the main stage and gives simple objectives, but in Rings the missions felt like a real part of the game and you can customize Sonic to fit them, in this game the missions feel tacked on to add length.

Its ok, I am really really hoping the PS3 version is way better. And from what I have seen of the videos on youtube it is way better.



The press says the wii version is better, that doesn't bode well for the rest. Your only hope is this LOL



The press is smoking crack. There is no way the 360 version is worse than the Wii.

Go to youtube, watch comparison videos yourself, it is night and day, its as different as Sonic to werehog.  Any person that says the Wii version is better is freaking delusional.

And wow Black Knight is looking great. Seriously Sega shouldn'y have bothered with the Wii version of Unleashed if that is what they put out (sadly it will probably still sell more than the HD versions, they are much better served making specific Wii Sonic games from the ground up.

But if the best games naturally get the most press coverage, surely they'd be right about this too! Nyaa

The Zelda trailer:

Wow, the only thing worse than Zelda with American accents, is Zelda with Americans putting on English accents.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 1675
News Posts: 63
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 28 Nov 2008 07:58:11

God fucking dammit! "The Witcher" just went all Shin Megami Tensei on my ass!Cry

One of the site's forefathers.

Play fighting games!

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 42489
News Posts: 53241
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 28 Nov 2008 11:38:22
Dvader said:



The press is smoking crack. There is no way the 360 version is worse than the Wii.

Go to youtube, watch comparison videos yourself, it is night and day, its as different as Sonic to werehog.  Any person that says the Wii version is better is freaking delusional.

And wow Black Knight is looking great. Seriously Sega shouldn'y have bothered with the Wii version of Unleashed if that is what they put out (sadly it will probably still sell more than the HD versions, they are much better served making specific Wii Sonic games from the ground up.

Are ye mad man? I aint into sonic enough to trawl through videos Nyaa From what I've read the 360/PS3 versions have slowdown and this horrible hubworld, the werehog levels seem worse because there are more mindless enemies to slog through and the controls are convoluted.

Sonic Unleashed - Wii to 360 review scores compared

Xbox 360

* GamePro (60/100): “I love Sonic because his speedy style of platforming is fun, and Sega should have just developed a game around that and left everything else out.”
* Game Informer (60/100): “As much as I disliked lumbering through levels as Sonic’s hulky Werehog, I disliked hunting through the hub worlds looking for coins even more. Sega, if you really want to fix Sonic, the first thing you should do is stop trying to fix him.”
* 1UP (C): “Ultimately, this simply isn’t the fresh start Sonic fans were so desperately hoping for … but at least it’s not as execrable as the last two efforts.”

Wii

* IGN (72/100): “Sonic Unleashed is half great game and half tedious gimmick.”
* GameDaily (70/100): “A sequel with more speed and less gimmicks would make us happy, but for now, Unleashed is a step above the awful games that came before it. Good to have you back, Sonic.”
* Game Informer (65/100): “The Wii version has less annoying traits than the others and still retains all the usual mediocrity. The motion-control elements in the Werehog levels add an extra dimension to the action, and the hub worlds are entirely text-based and aren’t nearly as annoying. If you can stand the diminished graphics, the Wii version actually edges out the PS3 and 360 entries.”

I'm ready for sonic to ditch the whole speed gimmick for good and just go for an all out classic 3-D platformer feel like a banjo 64. The speed sections on most 3-D sonics involve pushing the stick forwards and watching what happens, mostly. They should get concentrate on getting the basic mechanics of control right and make a traditional 3-D platformer.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 42489
News Posts: 53241
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 28 Nov 2008 11:46:13

More RE5 screens



avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 13757
News Posts: 2106
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 28 Nov 2008 11:57:03
gamingeek said:

I'm ready for sonic to ditch the whole speed gimmick for good and just go for an all out classic 3-D platformer feel like a banjo 64. The speed sections on most 3-D sonics involve pushing the stick forwards and watching what happens, mostly. They should get concentrate on getting the basic mechanics of control right and make a traditional 3-D platformer.

Yuck! 3D Sonic sucks, but turning Sonic into a slow Banjo-like plaformer would be even worse. It wouldn't even be a Sonic game then! Sorry, GG, but that's an awful idea. A great idea would be to not have any Sonic game in 3D. . . ever. 2D Sonic games is where it's at. Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure prove this to be true since they are the only fun Sonic games to come out since the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive originals (IMO).

Edited: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 11:59:42

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 42489
News Posts: 53241
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 28 Nov 2008 12:12:16
Ravenprose said:
gamingeek said:

I'm ready for sonic to ditch the whole speed gimmick for good and just go for an all out classic 3-D platformer feel like a banjo 64. The speed sections on most 3-D sonics involve pushing the stick forwards and watching what happens, mostly. They should get concentrate on getting the basic mechanics of control right and make a traditional 3-D platformer.

Yuck! 3D Sonic sucks, but turning Sonic into a slow Banjo-like plaformer would be even worse. It wouldn't even be a Sonic game then! Sorry, GG, but that's an awful idea. A great idea would be to not have any Sonic game in 3D. . . ever. 2D Sonic games is where it's at. Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure prove this to be true since they are the only fun Sonic games to come out since the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive originals (IMO).



Well I don't really care about running really fast and occasionally reacting. I just want a good game and I love 3-D platformers. Sonic has the character, he has the visuals, he just needs a persistent gameworld.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 13757
News Posts: 2106
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 28 Nov 2008 12:21:21
gamingeek said:

Well I don't really care about running really fast and occasionally reacting. I just want a good game and I love 3-D platformers. Sonic has the character, he has the visuals, he just needs a persistent gameworld.

That's fine that you don't like the speed thing, but it just wouldn't be a Sonic the Hedgehog game to me without it.  I agree with you on the 3D Sonic games; they're really just interactive movies for the most part, but in the 2D Sonic Rush titles, you're reacting all the time by doing combos and tricks to build you're Rush meter so that you can go even faster! It's intense which is why I love those games.

Edited: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 12:22:27

The VG Press

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 14186
News Posts: 1029
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 28 Nov 2008 12:25:13
Ravenprose said:
gamingeek said:

I'm ready for sonic to ditch the whole speed gimmick for good and just go for an all out classic 3-D platformer feel like a banjo 64. The speed sections on most 3-D sonics involve pushing the stick forwards and watching what happens, mostly. They should get concentrate on getting the basic mechanics of control right and make a traditional 3-D platformer.

Yuck! 3D Sonic sucks, but turning Sonic into a slow Banjo-like plaformer would be even worse. It wouldn't even be a Sonic game then! Sorry, GG, but that's an awful idea. A great idea would be to not have any Sonic game in 3D. . . ever. 2D Sonic games is where it's at. Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure prove this to be true since they are the only fun Sonic games to come out since the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive originals (IMO).

What about the DC 3d Sonic?

<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?