GG Weekly Videogame News RSS Feed
[edge-online.com] Life With Playstation stalls Delay in the works. edge-online.com gamingeek
[ign.com] Sky Crawlers Wii screens Anime cutscenes plus in game shots ign.com gamingeek
[ign.com] High Quality Kizuna Screens Wii RPG with a unique visual style ign.com gamingeek
[gonintendo.com] Microsoft turning into Wii? Lifestyle shots of the 360 uncovered gonintendo.com gamingeek
[gonintendo.com] Castlevania DS 3 screens gonintendo.com gamingeek
[gonintendo.com] Disaster European websites open Looks like this IS releasing soon gonintendo.com gamingeek
Disaster detailed! Drive, swin, run and shoot n-europe.com gamingeek
[impress.co.jp] Gradius Rebirth more screens impress.co.jp Iga_Bobovic
Rune Factory Frontier screens and art dengeki.com Iga_Bobovic
[siliconera.com] Marvelous interview Working on a wiiware game! siliconera.com Iga_Bobovic
[neogaf.com] Some Disaster details RPG weapon updating neogaf.com Iga_Bobovic
[worthplaying.com] Disaster: Day of Crisis - 64 New Screens It's alive worthplaying.com Iga_Bobovic
Clone Wars 1up preview Surprisingly tactical 1up.com gamingeek
Mercenaries 2 1up review 1up.com gamingeek
[gamesindustry.biz] Microsoft slash 360 price in Japan gamesindustry.biz gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Prince of persia movie pics computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] First Ninja Blade trailer Looks like Ninja Gaiden computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Media Molecule recruiting? Make great LBP levels and you're in! computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Gears of War 2 snubs PC It's never coming computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[joystiq.com] Telltale games interview Strongbad selling best on Wii joystiq.com gamingeek
[ign.com] Mushroom men hands on ign.com gamingeek
[gamespot.com] The Conduit hands on gamespot.com gamingeek
Captain rainbow videos wipido.com gamingeek
Frontier talk Lost Winds and More slicedgaming.com gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Kamiya wants to exceed God of War eurogamer.net gamingeek
Death Smiles screens gfdata.de gamingeek
Ninja Blade screens From Software game gfdata.de gamingeek
[4colorrebellion.com] PAX hands-on Nintendo games 4colorrebellion.com Iga_Bobovic
[neogaf.com] Kizuna Screens Looks damn good, coming to Japan this winter neogaf.com Punk Rebel Ecks
[neogaf.com] Sky Crawlers : Innocent Aces (Wii) - new pics Innocent hey? neogaf.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] SPRAY screens Paint-alicious? ign.com gamingeek
Rygar Battle for Argus Screens It's alive! next-gamer.de gamingeek
[kotaku.com] Resistance 2 collector's edition revealed. Very nice. kotaku.com Dvader
Viva Pinata 2 1up review an A for A.nimal 1up.com gamingeek
[gamesindustry.biz] PSP gets Playstation store direct gamesindustry.biz gamingeek
[gamesindustry.biz] Microsoft losing faith in Exclusives? They're not as important gamesindustry.biz gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Spore: The Last trailer computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Latest RE5 screens Tasty naked zombies inside computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Mirror's Edge has exclusive PS3 Downloads computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Bethesda talk censorship computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Legendary Preview at Eurogamer eurogamer.net gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] EPIC: 360 is running out of juice "Nearing capable limit" eurogamer.net gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Fallout 3 DLC to be over 3 hours PC/360 exclusive eurogamer.net gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] World Destruction new screens gamekyo.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamekyo.com] Avalon Code new screens gamekyo.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamasutra.com] Court clears JAKKs in WWE case gamasutra.com gamingeek
[gamersyde.com] Viva Pinata 2 The first 10 minutes gamersyde.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Tales of Hearts new screenshots Animated or CGI? gamekyo.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamekyo.com] High Quality Tenchu 4 Screens Swords and sneaking, can you resist? gamekyo.com gamingeek
[neogaf.com] Tenchu IV battle screens Turn based first person sword fighting? neogaf.com Iga_Bobovic
[edge-online.com] Tiger Woods 09 smashes into UK Chart Nintendo dominate rest of the chart edge-online.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Godfather 2 Preview computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
PAX Mushroom men video screwattack.com gamingeek
[kotaku.com] PAX The Conduit Impressions kotaku.com gamingeek
[destructoid.com] PAX Sam and Max Impressions destructoid.com gamingeek
[gonintendo.com] Facebreaker Wii vs 360 pics Comes off very well gonintendo.com gamingeek
[gonintendo.com] Disaster finally confirmed for October 24th Press release inside gonintendo.com gamingeek
[impress.co.jp] Blue Dragon screens impress impress.co.jp gamingeek
[gamersyde.com] Socom Confrontation trailer gamersyde.com gamingeek
[gamersyde.com] Infinite Undiscovery video The first 10 minutes gamersyde.com gamingeek
Wii music screens of colour gfdata.de gamingeek
[kotaku.com] Capcom confirm RE5 control change Gears of war controls confirmed kotaku.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Infinite Undiscovery screens gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Wii Music Instrument videos gamekyo.com gamingeek
[famitsu.com] More Wind of Nostalgia screens Nintendo DS? More like Nintendo RPG! famitsu.com Iga_Bobovic
[gametrailers.com] StarCraft II video gametrailers.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamekyo.com] Samba de Amigo Wii new video SAMBAAAAA gamekyo.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamekyo.com] PlayStation 3 LittleBigPlanet bundle unveiled Awesome gamekyo.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamekyo.com] Away Shuffle Dungeon new pics Vader sez its like Zelda gamekyo.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] PAX 2008: Stardock Plans Micro Expansions for Sins Sins as in sins of the Solar Empire ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] PAX 2008: Fallout 3 Hands-on ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] PAX 2008: Afro Samurai Hands-on bleh ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Mercenaries IGN review 7.9!!! ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] PAX 2008: Animal Boxing Hands-on Hot, hot orca-on-penguin action ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] PAX 2008: Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ Hand Sound awesome ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] PAX 2008: Monster Lab Hands-on Monster mash-ups for your DS ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[edge-online.com] 50 Shocking gaming moments edge-online.com gamingeek
[ign.com] Rygar: A few more screens ign.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Heavy Rain direct feed video computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[gamasutra.com] TGS to be dominated by PC and DS games Action titles a priority gamasutra.com gamingeek
[smashboards.com] First Tier list of Brawl Captain Falcon at the bottom :( smashboards.com Iga_Bobovic
[gametrailers.com] First Savage Moon gameplay footage gametrailers.com Iga_Bobovic
Sky Gods Announced For PC & PlayStation Networ I like the name videogamecentral.com Iga_Bobovic
[gametrailers.com] Shred Nebula multiplayer explained A XBLA shoot-em-up gametrailers.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Viva PiƱata: Pocket Paradise Review DS version has a 8.5 ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[computerandvideogames.com] Killer Instinct 3 in development? Musical score sheet leak? computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Spore reviewed PC Gamer says wut? computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
Sky Crawling all over your screen Pics from the Ace Combat team gpara.com gamingeek
Killzone images gfdata.de gamingeek
[youtube.com] Fragile trailer Ooooh youtube.com gamingeek
Skycrawlers impressions From an IGN freelancer andriasang.com gamingeek
[kotaku.com] Kingdom Hearts 3 a PS3 exclusive OPM rumors a TGS announcement kotaku.com gamingeek
Capcom's Inafune speaks Words come out 1up.com gamingeek
[edge-online.com] SF IV EDGE mag review The best SF ever? edge-online.com gamingeek
[ign.com] Viva Pinata 2 video review ign.com gamingeek
[ign.com] Playstation Home screens BETA goodness inside ign.com gamingeek
[ign.com] Golden Axe beast rider trailer You all want to ride beasts ign.com gamingeek
De Blob screens of squishiness dengeki.com gamingeek
Tales of Hearts trailer 1up.com gamingeek
[ign.com] IGN Super mario RPG Review ign.com gamingeek
[ign.com] IGN Spray hands on ign.com gamingeek
[arstechnica.com] Skate it hands on arstechnica.com gamingeek
[gamespot.com] SPRAY hands on gamespot.com gamingeek
[nintendoeverything.com] Capcom has licencing issues with Disney No Ducktales etc for the VC nintendoeverything.com gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Final Fantasy IV review Eurogamer 8/10 eurogamer.net gamingeek
[gamersyde.com] Infinite Undiscovery videos 3 more to be precise gamersyde.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Animal Crossing City Folk: Screens gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Ninja Blade: More screens gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Shining Force DS Announced by SEGA Spring 2009 release gamekyo.com gamingeek
[yahoo.com] GTAIV sells 10 million copies. I'm sooo shocked. yahoo.com Dvader
[edge-online.com] PSN games heading to UMD in PAL land Bundled games at retail edge-online.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Gears of War 2 screens Can it out-grey Disaster? computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Fable 2 launch trailer computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[gamersyde.com] Godfather 2 trailer Virtual Brando at your fingertips gamersyde.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Winds of Nostalgia: trailer gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Japanese software chart Afrika debuts at 2 gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Supreme Commander images gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Capcom show Bionic Commando Screens inside gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamesindustry.biz] EA looking for Japanese partners gamesindustry.biz gamingeek
[ign.com] IGN Playstation Home hands on ign.com gamingeek
[ign.com] Sacred 2 screens, videos ign.com gamingeek
[ign.com] Vampire Rain videos ign.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Blu Ray wont last through the PS3 lifespan Samsung speak computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[wired.com] Wired hands on with the Conduit The last best hope for FPS on wii wired.com gamingeek
Captain Rainbow video tour Wii Folder.com is great wipido.com gamingeek
[wired.com] Wired Mushroom men impressions wired.com gamingeek
Alien Crush video walkthrough wipido.com gamingeek
[gametrailers.com] Dead Rising PAX interview video gametrailers.com gamingeek
[gonintendo.com] Nintendo IGN Podcast summary Read the important bits gonintendo.com gamingeek
SPRay 1up preview 1up.com gamingeek
[gonintendo.com] Trauma center porn Just click it. gonintendo.com gamingeek
SPRay path creation video 1up.com gamingeek
Tecmo Bowl kickoff trailer 1up.com gamingeek
[gametrailers.com] Mushroom Men walkthrough video gametrailers.com gamingeek
[gametrailers.com] Fragile: Trailer 2 gametrailers.com gamingeek
[gametrailers.com] SPRay red video gametrailers.com gamingeek
[gametrailers.com] De Blob: Metropolis in trouble video gametrailers.com gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Spore Eurogamer review 9/10 eurogamer.net gamingeek
[gamasutra.com] 360 price drop Arcade pack cheaper than Wii gamasutra.com gamingeek
[gametrailers.com] Sonic Dark Chronicles videos gametrailers.com gamingeek
[gametrailers.com] PAX LBP videos gametrailers.com gamingeek
[gametrailers.com] Resistance 2 video gametrailers.com gamingeek
[reuters.com] Tecmo set to reject Square Enix offer Wants to jump into bed with Koei reuters.com gamingeek
[ign.com] Buffy the Vampire Slayer MMO Announced bleh ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Spore IGN Review a 8.8 ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Three Red Lights Podcast IGN Xbox voice chat ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Project Origin Blog: The Testers ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] EndWar Blog: We're Watching You Ubisoft goes over the surveillance tech found in its new strategy title. ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Sacred 2: Fallen Angel screens ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness Review 5.8 :( ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Nintendo Voice chat ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[neogaf.com] SOCOM Confrontation beta begins. Details at the link. neogaf.com Dvader
[edge-online.com] Team ninja lawsuit settled edge-online.com gamingeek
[gamersyde.com] Fable 2 screens gamersyde.com gamingeek
[gametrailers.com] Mushroom Men PAX walkthrough 2 gametrailers.com gamingeek
[edge-online.com] Too Human EDGE mag review 6/10 edge-online.com gamingeek
[edge-online.com] MS: We will beat Sony this generation edge-online.com gamingeek
[gamesindustry.biz] Japan Sales: PSP tumbles, DS rises gamesindustry.biz gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Dead Space banned in Japan China and Germany computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] DLC gets an XBLA price drop computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
Infinity Ward working on sci fi shooter It's confirmed europe-nintendo.com gamingeek
[gamespot.com] PAX Mushroom Men interview gamespot.com gamingeek
[gamersyde.com] Skate 2 trailer gamersyde.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Ninja Blade: More screens gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] World Descruction TV commercial gamekyo.com gamingeek
[impress.co.jp] Sky Crawlers screens impress.co.jp Iga_Bobovic
[gonintendo.com] Ngamer review scores Wario Land and Fatal Frame reviewed gonintendo.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamasutra.com] Take 2 talks about Nintendo gamasutra.com Iga_Bobovic
[gonintendo.com] Famitsu scans - Glory Days 2 gonintendo.com Iga_Bobovic
Rygar so disasterous they had to restart? 1up's Mielke spills the beans 1up.com Iga_Bobovic
Legend of Neil episode 6 atom.com Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] Wario Land Eurogamer Review They don't make 'em like they used to. Still - at least they make 'em. eurogamer.net Iga_Bobovic
[impress.co.jp] Mega Man 9 - more screens impress.co.jp Iga_Bobovic
[gamekyo.com] Dragon Ball : Origins new screenshots Ballz gamekyo.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamekyo.com] Chrono Trigger new screenshots gamekyo.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamekyo.com] Kizuna new screenshots gamekyo.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamekyo.com] Populous DS more screens gamekyo.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Left 4 Dead Video Interview Kerry Davis shares the knowledge ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Diablo III Screens Four hellishly good pics ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Sacred 2 Blog: Object Design ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Dead Space Set to Ship Early Will ship one week earlier than anticipated ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Hands-on de Blob: First Six Worlds paint bukake ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] First Look: Puzzle Kingdoms From the makers of Puzzle Quest ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] My Aquarium WiiWare Review ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[neogaf.com] Kizuna music samples listen to the music neogaf.com Iga_Bobovic
[neogaf.com] Sonic Unleashed Wii screens looking fine neogaf.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamekyo.com] Wind of Nostalgio very nice screenshots gamekyo.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamekyo.com] Tales of Hearts new video CGI version gamekyo.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamekyo.com] Tales of Hearts new video the anime version gamekyo.com Iga_Bobovic
[gamekyo.com] Avalon code screens newspaper like design gamekyo.com Iga_Bobovic
[blogspot.com] Why Wario Land: Shake It! will still sell despite having zero advertising blogspot.com Iga_Bobovic
New Headtracking software made! Used to watch up skirts of anime girls hatena.ne.jp Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Gleam of Force screens Kawaii anime girls fight it out with super powers ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky IGN Review 7.3 :( ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] NHL 09 Review A 9.0! ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Warhawk Operation: Fallen Star IGN Review Nice 8.2 ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Vampire Rain: Altered Species Review These nightwalkers still suck ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] MotorStorm: Pacific Rift videos ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Starring Gina Carano and Randy Couture ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Dead Space video HiRes are you watching this ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Lock's Quest IGN Review Wow a 8.6 ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Commando: Steel Disaster videos Punk what is your opinion about this one ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] My Aquarium Videos Fish dance. ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] New Club Nintendo Goodies in Japan Have a look at some items that you'll never get. ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] New Little King's Story IGN preview So freaking awesome ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] New Little King's Story screens See the HUD of the GoTY ign.com Iga_Bobovic
Display: Order by:

<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 42663
News Posts: 53693
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 04 Sep 2008 20:20:57

More disaster screens

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 13631
News Posts: 208
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 04 Sep 2008 21:00:56

Well at least in those screens the character models are about Snake Eater-quality.

4044.png?1496064370

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 42663
News Posts: 53693
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 04 Sep 2008 21:03:44
edgecrusher said:

Well at least in those screens the character models are about Snake Eater-quality.

You know you want it.

http://media.wiix.info/galerie/disaster2/2_Wii_DDoC_Screens002.jpg

I was so bored as people seemed to have abandoned this place, this week. Steel for instance and Dvader, Raven being busy, that I popped over to GGD to look around. Are GS just bribing old forumers into staying there by making everyone mods?

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 9366
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 04 Sep 2008 22:10:47
gamingeek said:
iga_bobovic said:

Well I did post the making of the music video as big news. I am not sure if many people looked at the video!

Do you still have the link?

No, but I found it anyways. See the awesomeness here

The VG Press
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 9366
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 04 Sep 2008 22:27:28
gamingeek said:

I can understand what the writer is saying. After watching the walkthrough video there is just something about the game you want to love. I love platformers, so even if SPRay for instance looks generic, there's still a part of me that wants it. How many wii platformers are there now?

  • Mario Galaxy
  • Mushroom Men
  • KORE
  • Spray
  • Spyborgs

Am I missing anything? Some may or may not turn out well, but it's nice to see the genre still going either way.

Ehh Wario Land!!! And than games like Metroid Prime 3 and Super Paper Mario that are not platformers, but they do have some strong platform elements. And than there is the Virtual Console and Wiiware. Let's not go there!

The VG Press
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 13631
News Posts: 208
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 04 Sep 2008 22:59:19
gamingeek said:
edgecrusher said:

Well at least in those screens the character models are about Snake Eater-quality.

You know you want it.

I was so bored as people seemed to have abandoned this place, this week. Steel for instance and Dvader, Raven being busy, that I popped over to GGD to look around. Are GS just bribing old forumers into staying there by making everyone mods?

LOL....I know what you mean. I checked it out last week and was surprised how many old forumers are mods now. I guess that's the only way to avoid the law....to become one yourself. Kind of like people who become cops to avoid the cops.

Why has Steel abandoned us? Then he'll show up and act like he hasn't been sleeping around. What a player.

4044.png?1496064370

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 1675
News Posts: 63
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 04 Sep 2008 23:03:21
gamingeek said:

Yeah for some reason gametrailers stinks things up. Just immediately pause it and hit the good old download link. It's a shame that the conduit has got all this press and yet mushroom men is doing the same thing as in:

Wii is the priority, it's a new publisher a new IP, a solid engine, an original idea.

And getting so little attention. I really want to see some physics gameplay footage though.

Personally I care less about this game because the visuals and atmosphere of it just really scream generic to me for some reason.

edgecrusher said:

Microsoft are funny, because they knew that, for them to get anywhere in gaming, they had to enter into it guns blazing for the hardcore crowd, and act like they really care for the gamer while coming out with cutting edge stuff for a great price. And that's what they did on the Xbox...it worked.

Now with the 360, it was apparent from day 1 that they thought they had it in the bag. You could see they weren't interested in pretending to be the gamer's friend anymore. Now they were in milk mode. They thought they owned hardcore gaming and that it would just magically lead them into huge sales and they'd just dominate like Sony did.

A game like Banjo if its great could be a system seller if the machine wasn't just hitting the price the original Xbox launched at, but the audience that wants games like that won't spend 300 to play it on a machine that doesnt get many of those types of games when they could just get a Wii or even PS3 and get more of them. I can't see Banjo being a system seller anyway. That's more of a "Great you loved Mario, now here's your desert" type of franchise which is what it was made for in the first place.

The blu-ray definitely wasn't necessary in PS3. I totally think that was a huge mistake for them unless they were willing to sell it for the same price as a DVD equipped PS3. The funny thing is at this point I'm glad it has the blue ray player though, haha. Its nice to have. But yeah it hurt the PS brand and I agree Sony was too focused on fighting the format war at the gamer's expense.

Well I wouldn't say that with Microsoft's impression on the 360. I mean they thought that the PS3 would take off...until $599 was announced. But what amazes me is how that they've never stepped it up. They kept focusing on their core American audience only slightly broadening its wings. The Playstation brand was so successful because it appealed to everybody. I could find games as retro as Gradius V to as modern as Splinter Cell, as Western as Bards Tale, to as Japanese as Guitaro Man to as Western as America's Army, to as casual as American Idol to as core as Phantom Brave. The 360 just doesn't have this type of appeal nor did Microsoft push it. The most they did was support RARE with their "kiddy/original" games and had companies make your run-of-the-mil JRPG's. Everything else was the starndard "big" teenage-young adult male American focused game. The PS3 at the time was a laughing stock, the Wii's library had tumble weeds flying through, and what did Microsoft do? Pushed the advertising of third party multiplatform games that are avaliable on 2, 3, 4, or evenmore platforms. A perfect example is EA's games like Facebreaker and Madden I mean they only display the XBOX 360 logo on them, but is that really necessary when they are also avaliable on the other 2 platforms?

With the PS3 I think me and you are both very well aquiented with how it is doing and what it is. It got off to a rough start but now is outselling the 360 on a regular basis. Problem is this is much like the SNES vs Genesis, the rival console is just too far ahead for the PS3 to catch up and unless SONY pulls a Nintendo and totally dominates a region and launches software giants for all there is just no way that they'll be able to catch up.


Personally I'm glad that the Playstation brand fell. Developers and publishers were just getting way too damn comfortable with their game releases. Last generation might as well as been called the Playstation 2 generation. The reason why most people call the PS2 the best platform ever is because it had everything. Take out Itagaki, Capcom's RE support on the Cube (also include PN 03), and SEGA's early support of the Xbox and the GC's Dreamcast ports, what other notable thrid party games where on those platforms? Not to mention developers and publishers both weren't really thinking outside the box. It is very hard for me to put into words of what I'm trying to get through here so I hope that you understand or can see what I'm coming from.

One of the site's forefathers.

Play fighting games!

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 29824
News Posts: 1691
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Thu, 04 Sep 2008 23:11:56

So is Disaster a ninetendo devolped game or a some other random company developed game (which I assume it is)?

660896.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 29824
News Posts: 1691
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Thu, 04 Sep 2008 23:14:44
edgecrusher said:
gamingeek said:
edgecrusher said:

Well at least in those screens the character models are about Snake Eater-quality.

You know you want it.

I was so bored as people seemed to have abandoned this place, this week. Steel for instance and Dvader, Raven being busy, that I popped over to GGD to look around. Are GS just bribing old forumers into staying there by making everyone mods?

LOL....I know what you mean. I checked it out last week and was surprised how many old forumers are mods now. I guess that's the only way to avoid the law....to become one yourself. Kind of like people who become cops to avoid the cops.

Why has Steel abandoned us? Then he'll show up and act like he hasn't been sleeping around. What a player.

They will never make me a mod, which I am happy about.  It does seem like they turned everyone in the ring of fire into mods.

660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 1675
News Posts: 63
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 04 Sep 2008 23:21:25

^^^Why is Telephun a mod. Sad

And yead I've noticed that too.

One of the site's forefathers.

Play fighting games!

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 29824
News Posts: 1691
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Thu, 04 Sep 2008 23:33:28
punk rebel ecks said:
gamingeek said:

Yeah for some reason gametrailers stinks things up. Just immediately pause it and hit the good old download link. It's a shame that the conduit has got all this press and yet mushroom men is doing the same thing as in:

Wii is the priority, it's a new publisher a new IP, a solid engine, an original idea.

And getting so little attention. I really want to see some physics gameplay footage though.

Personally I care less about this game because the visuals and atmosphere of it just really scream generic to me for some reason.

edgecrusher said:

Microsoft are funny, because they knew that, for them to get anywhere in gaming, they had to enter into it guns blazing for the hardcore crowd, and act like they really care for the gamer while coming out with cutting edge stuff for a great price. And that's what they did on the Xbox...it worked.

Now with the 360, it was apparent from day 1 that they thought they had it in the bag. You could see they weren't interested in pretending to be the gamer's friend anymore. Now they were in milk mode. They thought they owned hardcore gaming and that it would just magically lead them into huge sales and they'd just dominate like Sony did.

A game like Banjo if its great could be a system seller if the machine wasn't just hitting the price the original Xbox launched at, but the audience that wants games like that won't spend 300 to play it on a machine that doesnt get many of those types of games when they could just get a Wii or even PS3 and get more of them. I can't see Banjo being a system seller anyway. That's more of a "Great you loved Mario, now here's your desert" type of franchise which is what it was made for in the first place.

The blu-ray definitely wasn't necessary in PS3. I totally think that was a huge mistake for them unless they were willing to sell it for the same price as a DVD equipped PS3. The funny thing is at this point I'm glad it has the blue ray player though, haha. Its nice to have. But yeah it hurt the PS brand and I agree Sony was too focused on fighting the format war at the gamer's expense.

Well I wouldn't say that with Microsoft's impression on the 360. I mean they thought that the PS3 would take off...until $599 was announced. But what amazes me is how that they've never stepped it up. They kept focusing on their core American audience only slightly broadening its wings. The Playstation brand was so successful because it appealed to everybody. I could find games as retro as Gradius V to as modern as Splinter Cell, as Western as Bards Tale, to as Japanese as Guitaro Man to as Western as America's Army, to as casual as American Idol to as core as Phantom Brave. The 360 just doesn't have this type of appeal nor did Microsoft push it. The most they did was support RARE with their "kiddy/original" games and had companies make your run-of-the-mil JRPG's. Everything else was the starndard "big" teenage-young adult male American focused game. The PS3 at the time was a laughing stock, the Wii's library had tumble weeds flying through, and what did Microsoft do? Pushed the advertising of third party multiplatform games that are avaliable on 2, 3, 4, or evenmore platforms. A perfect example is EA's games like Facebreaker and Madden I mean they only display the XBOX 360 logo on them, but is that really necessary when they are also avaliable on the other 2 platforms?

With the PS3 I think me and you are both very well aquiented with how it is doing and what it is. It got off to a rough start but now is outselling the 360 on a regular basis. Problem is this is much like the SNES vs Genesis, the rival console is just too far ahead for the PS3 to catch up and unless SONY pulls a Nintendo and totally dominates a region and launches software giants for all there is just no way that they'll be able to catch up.


Personally I'm glad that the Playstation brand fell. Developers and publishers were just getting way too damn comfortable with their game releases. Last generation might as well as been called the Playstation 2 generation. The reason why most people call the PS2 the best platform ever is because it had everything. Take out Itagaki, Capcom's RE support on the Cube (also include PN 03), and SEGA's early support of the Xbox and the GC's Dreamcast ports, what other notable thrid party games where on those platforms? Not to mention developers and publishers both weren't really thinking outside the box. It is very hard for me to put into words of what I'm trying to get through here so I hope that you understand or can see what I'm coming from.

Excellent post, I agree with all of that. MS had a HUGE oppertunity, it seems they were happy with the lead they got and didn't realize they could expand.

660896.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 9366
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 04 Sep 2008 23:33:52
punk rebel ecks said:
gamingeek said:

Yeah for some reason gametrailers stinks things up. Just immediately pause it and hit the good old download link. It's a shame that the conduit has got all this press and yet mushroom men is doing the same thing as in:

Wii is the priority, it's a new publisher a new IP, a solid engine, an original idea.

And getting so little attention. I really want to see some physics gameplay footage though.

Personally I care less about this game because the visuals and atmosphere of it just really scream generic to me for some reason.

I realy hope you are talking about Conduit!

The VG Press
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 1675
News Posts: 63
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 04 Sep 2008 23:47:59
dvader said:

Excellent post, I agree with all of that. MS had a HUGE oppertunity, it seems they were happy with the lead they got and didn't realize they could expand.

It seems that everyone but Nintendo seems to be jerking off this generation. I could go on about the PS3's missing opportunity as well as third parties in general.

iga_bobovic said:

I realy hope you are talking about Conduit!

Possibly both actually.

One of the site's forefathers.

Play fighting games!

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 9366
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 04 Sep 2008 23:54:41
punk rebel ecks said:
iga_bobovic said:

I realy hope you are talking about Conduit!

Possibly both actually.

You can call Mushroom Men many things, but generic is not one of them.

The VG Press
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 29824
News Posts: 1691
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Thu, 04 Sep 2008 23:56:37
punk rebel ecks said:
dvader said:

Excellent post, I agree with all of that. MS had a HUGE oppertunity, it seems they were happy with the lead they got and didn't realize they could expand.

It seems that everyone but Nintendo seems to be jerking off this generation. I could go on about the PS3's missing opportunity as well as third parties in general.

iga_bobovic said:

I realy hope you are talking about Conduit!

Possibly both actually.

I think that Nintendo may be making mistakes now that my hurt them in the future.  I think this whole buy a perhipheral for every game garbage they are doing is going to sting them later on.  The Wiimote is great, focus on that, everything else will slowly diminish the focus on the wiimote.

660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 13631
News Posts: 208
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 05 Sep 2008 00:07:32
dvader said:

So is Disaster a ninetendo devolped game or a some other random company developed game (which I assume it is)?

Its made by Monolith Soft.....the guys that split from Square and made Xenosaga and Baten Kaitos. Nintendo owns them now.

dvader said:
punk rebel ecks said:
Well I wouldn't say that with Microsoft's impression on the 360. I mean they thought that the PS3 would take off...until $599 was announced. But what amazes me is how that they've never stepped it up. They kept focusing on their core American audience only slightly broadening its wings. The Playstation brand was so successful because it appealed to everybody. I could find games as retro as Gradius V to as modern as Splinter Cell, as Western as Bards Tale, to as Japanese as Guitaro Man to as Western as America's Army, to as casual as American Idol to as core as Phantom Brave. The 360 just doesn't have this type of appeal nor did Microsoft push it. The most they did was support RARE with their "kiddy/original" games and had companies make your run-of-the-mil JRPG's. Everything else was the starndard "big" teenage-young adult male American focused game. The PS3 at the time was a laughing stock, the Wii's library had tumble weeds flying through, and what did Microsoft do? Pushed the advertising of third party multiplatform games that are avaliable on 2, 3, 4, or evenmore platforms. A perfect example is EA's games like Facebreaker and Madden I mean they only display the XBOX 360 logo on them, but is that really necessary when they are also avaliable on the other 2 platforms?

With the PS3 I think me and you are both very well aquiented with how it is doing and what it is. It got off to a rough start but now is outselling the 360 on a regular basis. Problem is this is much like the SNES vs Genesis, the rival console is just too far ahead for the PS3 to catch up and unless SONY pulls a Nintendo and totally dominates a region and launches software giants for all there is just no way that they'll be able to catch up.


Personally I'm glad that the Playstation brand fell. Developers and publishers were just getting way too damn comfortable with their game releases. Last generation might as well as been called the Playstation 2 generation. The reason why most people call the PS2 the best platform ever is because it had everything. Take out Itagaki, Capcom's RE support on the Cube (also include PN 03), and SEGA's early support of the Xbox and the GC's Dreamcast ports, what other notable thrid party games where on those platforms? Not to mention developers and publishers both weren't really thinking outside the box. It is very hard for me to put into words of what I'm trying to get through here so I hope that you understand or can see what I'm coming from.

Excellent post, I agree with all of that. MS had a HUGE oppertunity, it seems they were happy with the lead they got and didn't realize they could expand.

I'm glad Sony lost some steam too, but then again, I'd hate for Microsoft to ever be in the spot Sony was even more. Everything we've been talking about....its clear MS have no real vision or leadership skills. They just copy idea's from everyone else and throw tons of money at it. If they had those things, the 360 would be doing much better and have all those genres you mentioned covered. And MS in a dominant PS2-like position where they can throw down the ol' lock n' key....just scares me.

You could also throw Ubisoft into Xbox's corner I think. They clearly made the Xbox the priority last-gen, especially with the Tom Clancy stuff.But I know you mean exclusives. I'd never dream of buying those on PS2. Xbox also had a stronghold on most PC developers to work on Xbox. Whereas this gen you see most of them also on PS3, while Japanese developers you see making more 360 games...its weird.

That's a big part of Sony's problem now: their success has always been because of huge amounts of 3rd-party exclusives. Look how many they've lost now, with PS3. Sony's 1st-party exclusives haven't been as impressive either, likely because they've had to rush them.

BTW I hate when people say the PS2 is the best console ever. I've said before I don't feel it deserved its success. The console itself kind of sucked compared to its competitors IMO, but yeah it definitely had most of the games, unfortunately. PS1 was sooo much better for its time than the PS2. Because it really was the best hardware overall (like the PS2 was NOT) while also being mass-market (like the PS3 was NOT).

Nintendo has lost multi-platform support, obviously. But they haven't lost much in the way of exclusives because outside of their own, the Gamecube had none anyway. They just seem in a different universe now because of the Wii's odd position.

I have a dream that someday, we'll be able to walk into a store and buy any console we want from any maker, and we'll all be able to play any game we want on them. I have a dream that Super Mario will sit alongside Kratos and the dude from Fable, and they'll all be made on an equal playing field of technology....and anybody who wants to make some kind of crazy ass controller for this universal hardware will be allowed to do so. And any developer who wants to use it will be able to.

4044.png?1496064370

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 13631
News Posts: 208
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 05 Sep 2008 00:11:13

By the way...I missed a game in my September releases.

Apparently, Viva Pinata 2 just came out and got solid reviews. Love the first game but I'm not even done with it, so I think I'll pass on this for now. Kind of baffling that Rare would make 2 VP games on 360 when they sell horribly, instead of something else.

EDGE Magazine UK gave Warioland a 6.0 rating. Wow...

4044.png?1496064370

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 13631
News Posts: 208
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 05 Sep 2008 00:32:25

Dvader, are you even aware that old Sonic games are on PC?

Well, are you?

4044.png?1496064370

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 2701
News Posts: 277
Joined: 2008-07-12
 
Fri, 05 Sep 2008 01:10:25

Morning all.

Lovely day in Melbourne, as always.

So anything good on PSN?

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 13631
News Posts: 208
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 05 Sep 2008 01:42:35

Little MS biased are we?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6197254.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;4

My god.....its over according to these guys. 360 reaching the price of the Xbox1 after 3 years equals domination for 360. They also completely fail to mention the fact that Wii will still outsell it (which is pretty nuts) and that Nintendo could drop $150 off the price of the Wii tomorrow if they had to and still profit.

Also, MS now has the best exclusives. Where'd that come from? Fable is now bigger than Mario and Zelda and Metroid.

Sure the arcade (god that's lame) is 200, but the main version is just hitting 300. I just don't see how this is going to be some drastic change like these guys do. 300 is still in that same hardcore bracket. And 200 for the arcade....I think the audience that would go for that is more likely to keep buying Wii.

4044.png?1496064370

<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
SupremeAC (39s)
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?