GG Weekly Videogame News RSS Feed
Portal: Still Alive explained Just a port of PC levels. chrisremo.com Dvader
[gonintendo.com] Nintendo Power will reveal a new game next month. Something not shown at E3. gonintendo.com Dvader
RE5 producer interview, end of one story in RE. I am scared... mtv.com Dvader
[neogaf.com] Dead Rising: Chop Til' You Drop details. It's not a port... (yes it is) neogaf.com Dvader
[wired.com] Cammie Dunaway: I am not a fake Just an annoying wench that needs silencing wired.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Kojima can't reach the next gaming level Graphics and sound not enough computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Wanted images Game of the movie gamekyo.com gamingeek
[sega.com] Sonic goes medievil on your ass The Hog tackles Arthurian legends, woe is me sega.com gamingeek
HMV UK to sell tax free games Tax loophole means gamers rejoice guardian.co.uk gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] DS Quantum of Solace pics gamekyo.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Sony holding back on secret PS3 title The one the BBC hinted at months ago computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[gamesindustry.biz] Analyst calls for a "real" 360 price cut gamesindustry.biz gamingeek
[edge-online.com] Capcom franchises reborn Edge online article edge-online.com gamingeek
[edge-online.com] Wii and DS Dominate Europe 18 of the top 20 titles are nintendo edge-online.com gamingeek
[edge-online.com] E3 headed for extinction Pachter watch! edge-online.com gamingeek
[gamersyde.com] Tomb Raider teaser video gamersyde.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Konami has no solution for MGO woe computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Sonic and the Black Knight Confirmed for Wii computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Pokemon Platinum: First video gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Tales of Hearts screens gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gametrailers.com] Reggie's G4 interview Eggs at the ready gametrailers.com gamingeek
NHL 2K9 impressions gamingnexus.com gamingeek
Blue Dragon DS trailer wiiz.fr gamingeek
[gonintendo.com] Wii gets another million seller From a 3rd party... gonintendo.com gamingeek
[edge-online.com] The Best games of E3 Edge/next gen list edge-online.com gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Quantum of Solace preview eurogamer.net gamingeek
[gamersyde.com] Fable 2 combat video gamersyde.com gamingeek
[gamersyde.com] Afrika trailer gamersyde.com gamingeek
Peter Moore in Facebreaker LOL look at the pic gfdata.de gamingeek
Resistance 2 preview gamespy.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Resistance PSP images gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] The Last Remanant images gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Phantasy star universe pics PSP gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Valkayrie profile pics gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Sigma Harmonics video gamekyo.com gamingeek
[ign.com] Stormrise first look ign.com gamingeek
[ign.com] Alpha Protocol look From Obsidian ign.com gamingeek
[ign.com] Star Ocean IV details ign.com gamingeek
[ign.com] Monster Lab Hands on Good adventuring elements, not just a brawler ign.com gamingeek
[ign.com] RE0 Import review Lazy and rushed. Good job Capcom! ign.com gamingeek
[gamesindustry.biz] Sony target 150 million PS3 sales Aim high, land on the crotch gamesindustry.biz gamingeek
[gamesindustry.biz] Little Big Planet consumer profiteering Your average content creator may make money gamesindustry.biz gamingeek
[gamesindustry.biz] EA: All consumers will be online And your base will belong to us gamesindustry.biz gamingeek
[arstechnica.com] Ars Technica: Dennis Dyack Interview arstechnica.com hiresdes
[neogaf.com] Some Heavy Rain Details Revealed If you will except neogaf as a news source neogaf.com hiresdes
Call of Duty: World at War Screenshots Why couldn't they just make it a vietnam game msxbox-world.com hiresdes
[ign.com] XBL Community Games Detailed Sounds Pretty Sick ign.com hiresdes
[yahoo.com] Nintendo to Sell New Wiimotes With Motion Plus That is built in yahoo.com hiresdes
Universal Studios to Make Video Games Gets rid of outside publishers brutalgamer.com hiresdes
Stephen Totilo (of MTV fame) Interviews Peter Dill To Discuss FFXIII's Jump to the 360 mtv.com hiresdes
WoW's New Death Knight Class Detailed gamenewshq.com hiresdes
Red Dead Revolver Sequel? Teaser trailer hints at a new game in the series g4tv.com hiresdes
Mass Effect Trilogy Not Coming to the PS3 Confirmation Comes with a suggested shot at the PS3 ripten.com hiresdes
Nintendo: "We're Sorry About E3" bingegamer.net hiresdes
[ign.com] IGN: Fallout 3 Preview Better than Oblivion, Confirmed! ign.com hiresdes
[playstation.com] Playstation.Blog Takes A First-Look at Mag Revealing Absolutely Nothing But A New In Gameplay Screen playstation.com hiresdes
Resistance Website Countdown Over A bunch of new non-gameplay related videos released thatgamingsite.com hiresdes
FaceBreaker K.O. Party (Wii) Preview Break the face of Peter Moore 411mania.com Iga_Bobovic
[kotaku.com] Campcom: We want to make Mega Man 9 hard Blue man to take blue pills! kotaku.com Iga_Bobovic
[computerandvideogames.com] Iwata: Friend code system isn't perfect His sexyness talks about online computerandvideogames.com Iga_Bobovic
[nintendoeverything.com] Details on Dead rising Wii Zomby count less than the 360 verion, more games on the way. nintendoeverything.com Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] Eurogamer hand on Mirror’s Edge First person platforming eurogamer.net Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Last year of E3? IGN article ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Soul Calibur 4 to feature custom destruction Like Strip poker, but with swords ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Metal Gear Online Expansion Collapsed Vader angry, Konami apologizes ign.com Iga_Bobovic
When should Games say goodbye Interesting article about when a game should end and not drag along gamesetwatch.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] US game release dates (IGN) PS3 list ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] US game release dates (IGN) Wii list, Steel will finally know when the next Horsezz will be released ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] US game release dates (IGN) 360 list ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] US game release dates (IGN) PSP list ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] US game release dates (IGN) DS list ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Tales of Vesperia Blog New map system ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[arstechnica.com] North America – 40% female gamers But yet Insert Coin is still a sausage fest arstechnica.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] O-games (O for Orgasm?) announces Pirates: the Key A naval shoot-em-up adventure game ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Summer Athletics goes gold Will it also sell 10 million? ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] IGN have news about Death Rising Wii: Chop till yo Just to show how slow IGN is and how awesome we are ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Prince of Persia DS debut trailer ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[kotaku.com] EA boss talks rock paper scissor Wii beats PS3, PS3 beats 360, 360 beats Wii and Virtual Boy kills all kotaku.com Iga_Bobovic
[destructoid.com] CNBC writer: Sony is winning the console wars Because her son has traded his 360 for a PS3 destructoid.com Iga_Bobovic
More Conduit screens From the makers of Dora the Explorer vgchartz.com Iga_Bobovic
[wired.com] Wired Miyamoto interview Talks about Wii-music and Wii motionplus wired.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Bionic Commando IGN blog thingy ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Jimi Hendrix to make videogame debut No not in Brawl, in Guitar Hero ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[playstation.com] Bioshock PS3 trophies confirmed and detailed. Sounds really good. playstation.com Dvader
[neogaf.com] Ninja Gaiden 2 to have 25 downloadable missions. For only $10. neogaf.com Dvader
Sonic and the Black Knight details!! WOOOOOOO!!!! blueblur.org Dvader
[xbox.com] Features for NBA2k9. For the first time ever, the EA one sounds better. xbox.com Dvader
[gonintendo.com] Digital Photo Channel coming to NA & Europe? rumor gonintendo.com Ravenprose
[gonintendo.com] Paint Military Vehicles by DS gonintendo.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Datel's Wii Retro Controllers "Classic Famicom controllers for Virtual Console" ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Capcom's 1942: Joint Strike Now Available on PSN  & XBLA ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Watching the Watchmen ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Midnight Club: Los Angeles IGN Hands-on Plus screens ign.com Ravenprose
[gonintendo.com] Tenchu IV Famitsu Scan gonintendo.com Ravenprose
[gonintendo.com] New Wii Channel in Japan Digital Photo Channel gonintendo.com Ravenprose
[gonintendo.com] NCAA Football '09 All-Play Review gonintendo.com Ravenprose
[venturebeat.com] EA Interview With John Riccitiello venturebeat.com Ravenprose
Super Mario's Performance Enhancement Scadal! Say it ain't so, Nintendo! the-minusworld.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] A Kingdom for Keflings Revealed "Strategy comes to XBLA" ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] IGN: Becoming Less Human "We dive into the ways to make Baldur more god-like" ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Madden 09 Trailer ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] The Precursors X360 Trailer A colorful FPS on 360? ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Too Human Images ign.com Ravenprose
[gonintendo.com] Reggie: Nintendo has not "lost their soul" gonintendo.com Ravenprose
[gonintendo.com] Natsume looking into WiiWare Puzzle de Harvest Moon sequel on the way too gonintendo.com Ravenprose
Izuna 2 1UP Review 1up.com Ravenprose
[gametrailers.com] Tales of Symphonia 2: Video Interview gametrailers.com Ravenprose
Comcast Gives Away Wiis To New Subscribers? consumerist.com Ravenprose
[gametrailers.com] Metal Slug 7 Trailer gametrailers.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Metal Slug 7 Screens ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Izuna 2 Ships ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Final Fantasy IV ships ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] IGN Hands-on: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Plus new screens ign.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] New Samba de Amigo trailer Song Downloads Confirmed ign.com Ravenprose
[gamespot.com] Luminous Arc II screens gamespot.com Ravenprose
[gonintendo.com] Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 details gonintendo.com Ravenprose
[gonintendo.com] E3 2009 will happen Say's ESA gonintendo.com Ravenprose
[gonintendo.com] Reggie Wants GTA Wii but no conversations with R* yet. gonintendo.com Ravenprose
[computerandvideogames.com] WipEout HD Delayed After Failing Epilepsy Tests computerandvideogames.com hiresdes
[edge-online.com] Microsoft Touts DirectX 11 edge-online.com hiresdes
[eurogamer.net] Wii Classic Controller to be banned in US. Also Wavebird and GC controllers. Patents suck. eurogamer.net Dvader
[neogaf.com] PS store update for today. Siren, 1942, Pixel Junk demo. neogaf.com Dvader
[eurogamer.net] Splinter Cell pushed back till 09/10. Ubisoft release date report. eurogamer.net Dvader
[neogaf.com] Guy on gaf has Wario Land, shares thoughts. Says the game is awesome. neogaf.com Dvader
[ign.com] Little Big Planet impressions from Comic Con. Amazing level described. ign.com Dvader
[neogaf.com] Grand Theft Auto IV coming to PC. The mods will be amazing. neogaf.com Dvader
[ign.com] Resistance 2 beta in Sept. Can get in through Qore ign.com Dvader
Little King's Story: Trailer 2 gamevideos.com gamingeek
[impress.co.jp] Tales of Hearts DS screens impress.co.jp gamingeek
[impress.co.jp] De Blob screens impress.co.jp gamingeek
[destructoid.com] Igarahsi talks Castlevania Wii and DS Video interview destructoid.com gamingeek
The Conduit: New screens and impressions Click main page for impressions thatvideogameblog.com gamingeek
[eurogamer.pt] Tales 2 Wii footage eurogamer.pt gamingeek
Spy pics of the New PSP 3000 Featuring an in built microphone... 1up.com gamingeek
[edge-online.com] Fracture EDGE mag preview edge-online.com gamingeek
[gamesindustry.biz] Itagaki submits papers against Tecmo All the details inside gamesindustry.biz gamingeek
[ign.com] Gears of War 2 IGN preview ign.com gamingeek
[ign.com] Afro Samurai IGN preview ign.com gamingeek
[ign.com] Wii Love Golf IGN Review If you like Mario Golf ign.com gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Tomb Raider Underworld preview Eurogamer eurogamer.net gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 video gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Sonic Unleashed images The Hog poses for nude pics gamekyo.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Last Remanant video gamekyo.com gamingeek
Aliens Colonial marines screens gfdata.de gamingeek
[wired.com] Iga explains Castlevania fighting wired.com gamingeek
[gamersyde.com] Resistance 2 video download gamersyde.com gamingeek
Killzone 2 pics 6 big ones to stuff in you gfdata.de gamingeek
[ign.com] Left 4 Dead Screens ign.com Ravenprose
Reggie: Wii Storage Solution Coming Admits that  it's "a mainstream problem" too mtv.com Ravenprose
[gonintendo.com] Wild Tangent - consoles dead by 2020 gonintendo.com Ravenprose
[gonintendo.com] Marvelous Interactive/ XSEED Interview "Lux Pain, Flower Sun and Rain looking good for NA release" gonintendo.com Ravenprose
[ign.com] Live Wire Demo of Resident Evil 5 Vader am cry ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Live Wire Demo Mirror’s Edge More proof of greatness ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Crysis Warhead hands on Eats PC’s for breakfast ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Wario Land Shake IGN movies Gameplay plus Japanese commercials ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Fatal Frame 4 info Some new info ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Captain Rainbow videos Admit it you want this game ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] SNK Arcade Classics Volume 1 (Wii) IGN review ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] SDCC 08: Red Faction update ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] SDCC 08: MK vs DS update ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Peggle games to the DS N’gay’s favourite game is coming to the DS ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Valkyrie Profile DS dated It’s coming early October in Japan ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Rhythm Heaven (DS) Videos, movies and Commercials Some guys at Neogaf so apeshit over this ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] Diablo III interview Fuck yes some PC news ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] SDCC 08 Wallace & Gromit is official If only it is half as good as the source material, if only…. ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] StarCraft 2 screens More PC stuff ign.com Iga_Bobovic
[ign.com] SDCC 08: BattleForge Hands-on A new RTS ign.com Iga_Bobovic
Rune Factory (Wii) screens gpara.com Iga_Bobovic
How to fix your old NES Blowing in cartridges does apparently not work. wayofthegeek.org Iga_Bobovic
[yahoo.com] Nintendo facing patent lawsuit over the DS Apparently this guy patented the concept behind touch screen yahoo.com Iga_Bobovic
[wired.com] How wiispeak Stolen from GG wired.com Iga_Bobovic
Far Cry 2 pictures Again stolen from GG gfdata.de Iga_Bobovic
[neogaf.com] Cammy wins SFIV fan vote. But no guaruntee she will be in the game. neogaf.com Dvader
First major review of Soul Calibur IV The 1up review... an A. 1up.com Dvader
[neogaf.com] Broken Sword 5 in the works? Believe. At GAF. neogaf.com SteelAttack
New Red Faction:Guerilla Trailer. New forum is up too. thq-games.com SteelAttack
[neogaf.com] Saints Row 2 ComicCon 08 Videos. At GAF. neogaf.com SteelAttack
Geo Wars 2 dated. July 30th. 800 points. bizarrecreations.com SteelAttack
[computerandvideogames.com] Three Halo games in the pipeline? We'll have to ask Microsoft about them. computerandvideogames.com SteelAttack
[gamekyo.com] Chocobo and the Magic Storybook screens. Yay. Chocobos. gamekyo.com SteelAttack
[gamasutra.com] Dreaming of a New Day: David Cage Interview. Read up a bit, assholes. :P gamasutra.com SteelAttack
[computerandvideogames.com] New SFIV Trailer. No console release date yet. computerandvideogames.com SteelAttack
[gamesindustry.biz] Community Games: Not enough quality? Sez former XNA manager. gamesindustry.biz SteelAttack
[gamesindustry.biz] Peter Moore: We can work with ESA to fix E3. Better hurry up, Petey. That show is starting to rot. gamesindustry.biz SteelAttack
[computerandvideogames.com] Miyamoto overseeing new Mario game? Crisis averted? :P computerandvideogames.com SteelAttack
[gamekyo.com] New Tales of Hearts screens. DS keeps pumping those RPGs. gamekyo.com SteelAttack
Display: Order by:

<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 179
News Posts: 61
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:13:22
gamingeek said:

This looks like assasins creed.

Yeah mute the color a little bit, and beef up the textures, and shit that is Assassin's Creed but with a much cooler main character.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 9366
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:16:44
ravenprose said:
on GC, Wavebird, and Classic Controllers.

They may take my life, but they never take my Wavebird

The VG Press
avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11316
News Posts: 1162
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:28:06
hiresdes said:
gamingeek said:

This looks like assasins creed.

Yeah mute the color a little bit, and beef up the textures, and shit that is Assassin's Creed but with a much cooler main character.

Sonic isn't cooler than anything in this world anymore. Maybe he's cooler than the Teletubbies, but that's it.

At least Altair has separate eyeballs.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 9366
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:29:44
steelattack said:
hiresdes said:
gamingeek said:

This looks like assasins creed.

Yeah mute the color a little bit, and beef up the textures, and shit that is Assassin's Creed but with a much cooler main character.

Sonic isn't cooler than anything in this world anymore. Maybe he's cooler than the Teletubbies, but that's it.

At least Altair has separate eyeballs.

Amen

The VG Press
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 13848
News Posts: 210
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:47:09

With Banjo 3 and Fable 2, the 360 is ironically giving more of a "Mario/Zelda" fix than the Wii is this year. A good point brought up on 1up yours.

1106628.png?51566395

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 9366
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:01:35
edgecrusher said:

With Banjo 3 and Fable 2, the 360 is ironically giving more of a "Mario/Zelda" fix than the Wii is this year. A good point brought up on 1up yours.

The VG Press
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 42973
News Posts: 54283
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:08:21
hiresdes said:

Yeah mute the color a little bit, and beef up the textures, and shit that is Assassin's Creed but with a much cooler main character.

It's like sonic stole a sword from Soul Calibur then jumped into Assasin's Creed to get some Jade Raymond Pootang.

edgecrusher said:

With Banjo 3 and Fable 2, the 360 is ironically giving more of a "Mario/Zelda" fix than the Wii is this year. A good point brought up on 1up yours.

Since when does Fable substitute for anything? Nyaa And they are ruining my banjo with vehicles and online modes. Do the 1up guys expect nintendo to do a mario and zelda game every year? Galaxy just came out and zelda usually takes 3 years to make. That means that in the gaps any console with an adventure game and a platformer has more of a mario and zelda feel.

Pikmin 2

"The game contains 201 collectible treasure pieces, as opposed to the 30 ship parts of the original Pikmin game."

Huh, so how does that work? Is each treasure piece worked around a puzzle like the original games 30 ship parts?

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 9366
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:12:16
gamingeek said:
hiresdes said:

Yeah mute the color a little bit, and beef up the textures, and shit that is Assassin's Creed but with a much cooler main character.

It's like sonic stole a sword from Soul Calibur then jumped into Assasin's Creed to get some Jade Raymond Pootang.

edgecrusher said:

With Banjo 3 and Fable 2, the 360 is ironically giving more of a "Mario/Zelda" fix than the Wii is this year. A good point brought up on 1up yours.

Since when does Fable substitute for anything? Nyaa And they are ruining my banjo with vehicles and online modes. Do the 1up guys expect nintendo to do a mario and zelda game every year? Galaxy just came out and zelda usually takes 3 years to make. That means that in the gaps any console with an adventure game and a platformer has more of a mario and zelda feel.

Pikmin 2

"The game contains 201 collectible treasure pieces, as opposed to the 30 ship parts of the original Pikmin game."

Huh, so how does that work? Is each treasure piece worked around a puzzle like the original games 30 ship parts?

I already countered one point GG, and about Pikmin 2, buy it NOW. You have dungeons in Pikmin 2, time stays still here. This is where you get most of you treasures. But it NOW NOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!

The VG Press
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 13832
News Posts: 2109
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:19:36
gamingeek said:
Pikmin 2

"The game contains 201 collectible treasure pieces, as opposed to the 30 ship parts of the original Pikmin game."

Huh, so how does that work? Is each treasure piece worked around a puzzle like the original games 30 ship parts?

Pikmin 2 Video Review Click and all questions shall be answered.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 42973
News Posts: 54283
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:19:52

I am reading the updates Iga. Good job.

Couple of Fragile screens I missed:

Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon Screenshot

Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon Picture

Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon Picture

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 1675
News Posts: 63
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:20:09

Edge's Trolling - I REALLY hope that you people know that he's intendingly doing this for laughs (I mean Fable? Come on now).

E3 Over? - I've always thought it would be far better if Microsoft, SONY, and Nintendo should hold their own press conferences during the press event season instead of relying on a fix date from someone else controlling the helms.

edgecrusher said:
They have more potential to, in my opinion. Especially in the kinds of games I want to play, since they get more of them. Either way, if Nintendo had a 360-esque system powering the Wii controller, I think it would have been taken to a higher level than it has at this point through more competition on the platform. And that's just control innovation, never mind what Miyamoto could do with 360's hardware among others.

Must resist urge to give into Edge's intended trolling (that iga and raven are easily falling for :lolHappymust resist.

.....Ugh fuck it I'll play his game cause I feel like saying this. Sad

The Wii is essentially a catch 22. It calls for developers to make more innovative and creative games, but most of the big and important developers want to make games with more powerful hardware, however if Nintendo made a console with more powerful hardware then it would be too expensive to take the risk in making those innovative games. So it's like they want to encourage developers to make creative games yet in order to do that you have to make development costs and standards for tech. immersion low so that developers would be willing to take the risk to make these innovative games, however in order to get true support immediately you have to make your system powerful enough to that developers have to spend a lot for development and tech immersion.

In terms of the hardware limiting developers, not really. I see it much as the Nintendo DS, sure it can't do a lot of things other systems can but most people don't notice it due to developers making genres that don't really need the extra power. This is why most games on the DS are either RPG's, Adventure, Platformers, Side-Scrollers, or Puzzle. Neither of these genres have really evolved or change much in time of their peak, well maybe puzzle but that genre needs no power behind it. This is similar with the Wii, counting out Dead Rising: Chop to You Drop since it's not a port (lulz yeah right) how many Wii games need that extra ounce of power? Zack and Wiki? No that game's problem was having too much shit to do. No More Heroes? It seemed that Suda was fine working on the design expectations of a first generation Dreamcast game. Trauma Center? Nope. Super Mario Galaxy? Anything more would've just been confeity.

I'm not going to pretend everything is all flowers and candy here there are some things the Wii can't do (Dead Rising is a great example) but honestly as the step up from this generation has shown these games come far and few inbetween. Was a practically jacking off while I was playing the First Act of Metal Gear Solid 4? Yes. But that was probably the only game this generation to make me do that and in terms of games that truly give that step up above games like Resident Evil 4, Half-Life 2, and Metal Gear Solid 3 gave last generation they come by so few that I could probably count them in one hand. There is also the factor of innovative games on these systems. I hardly see anything like Zack and Wiki or Boom Blox on the 360 or PS3 on retail, but then again this could be due to most Western developers who make these types of games choosing the PC as their home.

All in all to me the Wii has a weak point but it can be bandaged to a point where most people won't care because the possitives will out weigh that big negative. It's much like the Nintendo DS. Did it bother people that the system on the tech side was basically a Nintendo 64 only with more pixelazation and with better spriting? Sure but not anymore. The system has tons of titles coming out for everybody. As innovative as Soul Bubbles to as familiar as Castlevania: OoE. To as mainstream as Brain Age to as niche as Black Sigil. To pushing as the systems polygonal limit with Winds of Nostalgia to sweating the sprite design with Bleach Blades of Exile. There is something for everybody, game development has gotten creative as ever, and the blue ocean philosophy truly is running throughly. But perhaps the biggest strength of it all is the breath of fresh air people are getting. I mean if the DS followed in the vein of the PSP then more likely it would've just been a system carbon copying what was left from the N64 and Gamecube and just be an all 3D system trying to emulate games of the past (much like how the GBA was towards the SNES).

Do we see this with the Wii? To an extent yes. I mean looking at even the future line-up we see games announced like Fragile, Warioland Wii, Mad World, De Blob, and what not that if the Wii was like the 360 or PS3 then they would in no way be in their current form. But again this isn't really impressive as most of the notable titles are on the PS3/360 combo. Does it seem that the Wii has been improving and is taking some share of notable titles in the console gaming list? Well ya bu that's like saying brown shit smells better then green shit. Will the Wii ever acheive what the DS has done? Probably but I wouldn't be surprise that it won't be until 2010 that it's support gets to the "Good" marker. Until then I will continue to state that the Wii is a great system with a great philosophy, it just has to find its own way to get there.

One of the site's forefathers.

Play fighting games!

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11316
News Posts: 1162
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:22:49

I'm also reading the updates, IGA. Where's my Castlevania game?

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 9366
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:32:15
punk rebel ecks said:

Edge's Trolling - I REALLY hope that you people know that he's intendingly doing this for laughs (I mean Fable? Come on now).

E3 Over? - I've always thought it would be far better if Microsoft, SONY, and Nintendo should hold their own press conferences during the press event season instead of relying on a fix date from someone else controlling the helms.

edgecrusher said:
They have more potential to, in my opinion. Especially in the kinds of games I want to play, since they get more of them. Either way, if Nintendo had a 360-esque system powering the Wii controller, I think it would have been taken to a higher level than it has at this point through more competition on the platform. And that's just control innovation, never mind what Miyamoto could do with 360's hardware among others.

Must resist urge to give into Edge's intended trolling (that iga and raven are easily falling for :lolHappymust resist.

.....Ugh fuck it I'll play his game cause I feel like saying this. Sad

The Wii is essentially a catch 22. It calls for developers to make more innovative and creative games, but most of the big and important developers want to make games with more powerful hardware, however if Nintendo made a console with more powerful hardware then it would be too expensive to take the risk in making those innovative games. So it's like they want to encourage developers to make creative games yet in order to do that you have to make development costs and standards for tech. immersion low so that developers would be willing to take the risk to make these innovative games, however in order to get true support immediately you have to make your system powerful enough to that developers have to spend a lot for development and tech immersion.

In terms of the hardware limiting developers, not really. I see it much as the Nintendo DS, sure it can't do a lot of things other systems can but most people don't notice it due to developers making genres that don't really need the extra power. This is why most games on the DS are either RPG's, Adventure, Platformers, Side-Scrollers, or Puzzle. Neither of these genres have really evolved or change much in time of their peak, well maybe puzzle but that genre needs no power behind it. This is similar with the Wii, counting out Dead Rising: Chop to You Drop since it's not a port (lulz yeah right) how many Wii games need that extra ounce of power? Zack and Wiki? No that game's problem was having too much shit to do. No More Heroes? It seemed that Suda was fine working on the design expectations of a first generation Dreamcast game. Trauma Center? Nope. Super Mario Galaxy? Anything more would've just been confeity.

I'm not going to pretend everything is all flowers and candy here there are some things the Wii can't do (Dead Rising is a great example) but honestly as the step up from this generation has shown these games come far and few inbetween. Was a practically jacking off while I was playing the First Act of Metal Gear Solid 4? Yes. But that was probably the only game this generation to make me do that and in terms of games that truly give that step up above games like Resident Evil 4, Half-Life 2, and Metal Gear Solid 3 gave last generation they come by so few that I could probably count them in one hand. There is also the factor of innovative games on these systems. I hardly see anything like Zack and Wiki or Boom Blox on the 360 or PS3 on retail, but then again this could be due to most Western developers who make these types of games choosing the PC as their home.

All in all to me the Wii has a weak point but it can be bandaged to a point where most people won't care because the possitives will out weigh that big negative. It's much like the Nintendo DS. Did it bother people that the system on the tech side was basically a Nintendo 64 only with more pixelazation and with better spriting? Sure but not anymore. The system has tons of titles coming out for everybody. As innovative as Soul Bubbles to as familiar as Castlevania: OoE. To as mainstream as Brain Age to as niche as Black Sigil. To pushing as the systems polygonal limit with Winds of Nostalgia to sweating the sprite design with Bleach Blades of Exile. There is something for everybody, game development has gotten creative as ever, and the blue ocean philosophy truly is running throughly. But perhaps the biggest strength of it all is the breath of fresh air people are getting. I mean if the DS followed in the vein of the PSP then more likely it would've just been a system carbon copying what was left from the N64 and Gamecube and just be an all 3D system trying to emulate games of the past (much like how the GBA was towards the SNES).

Do we see this with the Wii? To an extent yes. I mean looking at even the future line-up we see games announced like Fragile, Warioland Wii, Mad World, De Blob, and what not that if the Wii was like the 360 or PS3 then they would in no way be in their current form. But again this isn't really impressive as most of the notable titles are on the PS3/360 combo. Does it seem that the Wii has been improving and is taking some share of notable titles in the console gaming list? Well ya bu that's like saying brown shit smells better then green shit. Will the Wii ever acheive what the DS has done? Probably but I wouldn't be surprise that it won't be until 2010 that it's support gets to the "Good" marker. Until then I will continue to state that the Wii is a great system with a great philosophy, it just has to find its own way to get there.

Nice post, but it was not Raven that reacted to Edge troll but Gamingeek. Besides any excuse to post Wario pictures is fine by me!

The VG Press
avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11316
News Posts: 1162
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:33:21

This week needs more Iwata.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 42973
News Posts: 54283
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:35:08

WTH? Edge is trolling because you don't agree with him Punk? Come on man.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 9366
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:44:10
steelattack said:

This week needs more Iwata.

Yes, you are right. Iwata = the only CEO that is not annoying

The VG Press
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 464
News Posts: 2
Joined: 2008-06-27
 
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:48:38
ravenprose said:
on GC, Wavebird, and Classic Controllers.

This worries me. GC backward compatibility is rendered unusable without GC controllers. I better get one or two on Amazon quick-like.

What compounds this issue for me is that I don't have a GBA anymore, so I play my GB and GBC games on my GC, and I need a controller for that.

I only have two GC controllers and one of them is crap (though still usable). What are everyone's thoughts about the new controller patent that Nintendo has? The thing looks like a GC controller that the Wiimote rests in. I can only hope that it isn't affected by this ordeal.

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11316
News Posts: 1162
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:52:18
iga_bobovic said:
steelattack said:

This week needs more Iwata.

Yes, you are right. Iwata = the only CEO that is not annoying

And he's so dreamy! *swoons*

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 42973
News Posts: 54283
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:54:17
angry_beaver said:
ravenprose said:
on GC, Wavebird, and Classic Controllers.

This worries me. GC backward compatibility is rendered unusable without GC controllers. I better get one or two on Amazon quick-like.

What compounds this issue for me is that I don't have a GBA anymore, so I play my GB and GBC games on my GC, and I need a controller for that.

I only have two GC controllers and one of them is crap (though still usable). What are everyone's thoughts about the new controller patent that Nintendo has? The thing looks like a GC controller that the Wiimote rests in. I can only hope that it isn't affected by this ordeal.

As an ebay user I couldn't really care less, they will always be availible. My cube controllers are still in perfect working order anyway and you can even pick up Hori controllers or like a logitech GC controller that is pretty good.

I'm more interested in the legal details of this case really. Some dude experiments in his garage, files a couple of patents. Meanwhile halfway across the world in japan a company is making a new controller. I just don't see the link here. How are they suppossed to have ripped him off? Now this guy gets $21 million? Patent trawler?

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 29965
News Posts: 1704
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 20:15:42

Someone is taking way to many liberties with the "major news" button.  There is not one major news story today but you highlighted like 8 of them as major news, it has to stop. Major news should be reserved for just that, major.

Anyway did you guys see the XNA 360 news, it will be priced pretty cheap with like 70% of the profit going to the creator.  Very nice, if I only knew how to work that, I want money.

http://creators.xna.com/en-us/XboxLIVECommunityGames

660896.png
<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
*crickets*
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?