Forum > Gaming Discussion > The Zelda Wii speculation thread
The Zelda Wii speculation thread
<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9410
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 01 Aug 2009 17:36:15

Okay about the setting, we really need a sky based Zelda. Imagine if the world has been blown apart. The word now consists of floating Islands. Floating cities with baloons. Baloon Airships, etc. Your mode of transport would be a flying dragon, bird whatever. 

The world would look like a planet that is blown to pieces, but gravity hold the pieces together. You can have various islands, like a forrest, lava, etc. Like Galaxy this setting would allow for huge ammount of variety.

Thoughts?!

The VG Press
avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 15743
News Posts: 1040
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 02 Aug 2009 03:52:10

gamingeek said:

Nobody want this sci fi zelda game that was jokingly rumoured years ago?

I dont.

 Phantom Hourglass fits that bill with its trains.

Iga_Bobovic said:

I know Kizuna sucks, but the artstyle is something that Zelda can copy

They could use the Kizuna like graphics to render something that looks like this.

 Oh God my eyes! 

Edit: haha the picture didn't load properly so ti was all pixelated. My mistake!

Edited: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 03:54:30

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Sun, 02 Aug 2009 05:50:31

Foolz said:
Oh God my eyes!

Oh sorry about that. *zips*

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46248
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 02 Aug 2009 11:39:24

Dvader said:
I say why not to Zelda Scifi. Just for one game to see what its like. I think it would be a cool experiment to try out.

Didn't Majoras mask have UFOs? Nyaa

Wow, nice artwork there Iga.


Iga_Bobovic said:

Okay about the setting, we really need a sky based Zelda. Imagine if the world has been blown apart. The word now consists of floating Islands. Floating cities with baloons. Baloon Airships, etc. Your mode of transport would be a flying dragon, bird whatever.

The world would look like a planet that is blown to pieces, but gravity hold the pieces together. You can have various islands, like a forrest, lava, etc. Like Galaxy this setting would allow for huge ammount of variety.

Thoughts?!

Too much like Mario galaxy with link running about.

SteelAttack said:

Foolz said:
Oh God my eyes!

Oh sorry about that. *zips*

You should try washing it once in a while.

avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9410
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 02 Aug 2009 12:04:09

Some art

sky based Zelda FTW

The VG Press
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46248
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 02 Aug 2009 12:29:34

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.

Underwater based Zelda for the win. Link is on an airship that gets shot out of the sky, he falls into the deep ocean where he is dying, he is rescued by some mer-people and taken to their underwater kingdom which is under siege. The entire game is set underwater with the swimming controls of Twilight Princess, you ride some mythical sea creature rather than epona. Use a trident rather than a sword.

Ownage.

avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9410
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 02 Aug 2009 14:20:15
Mer-people?! Don't you means Zora's?!
The VG Press
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14646
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 02 Aug 2009 16:45:16

Mer-people, FTW! LOL

I now see Link as a Merman, fish tail and all!

. . . Epona will be a giant Sea Horse! 

. . . and Link must help save the Snorks

The VG Press

avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9410
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 02 Aug 2009 18:15:56

Ravenprose said:

Mer-people, FTW! LOL

I now see Link as a Merman, fish tail and all!

. . . Epona will be a giant Sea Horse! 

. . . and Link must help save the Snorks

 I saw a episode of the Snorkels a few days ago. Yeah here in Holland they are called "de Snorkels".

Edited: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 18:17:24
The VG Press
avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Mon, 03 Aug 2009 02:30:56

Iga_Bobovic said:

Ravenprose said:

Mer-people, FTW! LOL

I now see Link as a Merman, fish tail and all!

. . . Epona will be a giant Sea Horse!

. . . and Link must help save the Snorks!

I saw a episode of the Snorkels a few days ago. Yeah here in Holland they are called "de Snorkels".

How did you call the smurfs?

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 15743
News Posts: 1040
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 03 Aug 2009 04:18:08
I'm fine with it as long as there are no Murlocs. God i hate murlocs.

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9410
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 03 Aug 2009 07:14:27

SteelAttack said:

Iga_Bobovic said:

Ravenprose said:

Mer-people, FTW! LOL

I now see Link as a Merman, fish tail and all!

. . . Epona will be a giant Sea Horse!

. . . and Link must help save the Snorks!

I saw a episode of the Snorkels a few days ago. Yeah here in Holland they are called "de Snorkels".

How did you call the smurfs?

 de smurfen

The VG Press
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46248
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 03 Aug 2009 11:47:35

Raven knows whats good. Underwater link FTW. The Godess of the ocean gives him gills and a merman tail to swim fast. He has a massive whale to ride on.

In some dungeons there is forced gravity so its not like water temple OOT bullshit. More like when you go underwater in Okami and have that fantastic art, but no weird off putting true 3-d dungeons.

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 15743
News Posts: 1040
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 04 Aug 2009 03:43:04

gamingeek said:

Raven knows whats good. Underwater link FTW. The Godess of the ocean gives him gills and a merman tail to swim fast. He has a massive whale to ride on.

In some dungeons there is forced gravity so its not like water temple OOT bullshit. More like when you go underwater in Okami and have that fantastic art, but no weird off putting true 3-d dungeons.

 You've been playing too much Endless Ocean.

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 2590
News Posts: 64
Joined: 2009-03-24
 
Tue, 04 Aug 2009 06:49:07
Under water should be a part of the game, like all the Zeldas, but I don't want the whole darn game to take place under water!

I want a snow level, a volcano level, a desert level, a sky level, etc., etc.. But each place should be like its own gigantic world. So far with every Zelda, we only got bits and pieces of these places. I don't want to play just in Hyrule, I want to see outside of it! For example, I was disappointed in the Twilight world in TP. I thought it'd be like Link to the Past where the Twilight world would be vast with many dungeons, secrets, and places to explore. Instead, all we got was a lousy dungeon, the worst one in the game!

WoW is a great example of having a gigantic world to venture in. I want a Zelda game as vast as WoW. I'm talking HUUUGE, with thousands of side missions (optional of course), hundreds of items, armor, weapons, tons of dungeons and Shadow of the Colossus-like bosses!!! ALL with the tried and true Zelda gameplay.

The reason why Zelda is getting familiar is because everything's already been done! Nintendo needs to be more ambitious and go all out! Zelda needs to wow me all over again, like the experience I had when I first played Ocarina of Time. That's the only way to surpass Ocarina and to take the series to the next level! No more playing it safe! Go crazy!







Edited: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 06:53:59

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Playing: Golden Sun Dark Dawn, God of War Ghost of Sparta, and DKC Returns

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46248
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 04 Aug 2009 10:29:11

Crazy underwater Nyaa

I wouldn't mind a bigger world, maybe have different kingdoms. Lots and lots of sidequests, even have downloadable side quests, hell why not, we are in the modern age and SDHC cards have been unlocked and all that. Why not have multiplayer too, yeah I said it, horseback battles on the field would be fun.

Or commanding your comrades with the wii remote.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 31188
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Wed, 05 Aug 2009 03:42:51
I liks sky zelda way more than underwater zelda. The best would be a mix of everything.
660896.png
avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 15743
News Posts: 1040
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 05 Aug 2009 03:57:59
Hey, how about they make the sky out of water? Then you'll both be happy. Nyaa

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46248
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 05 Aug 2009 11:38:20

Foolz said:
Hey, how about they make the sky out of water? Then you'll both be happy. Nyaa

How in the anus does that work?

What about beast Zelda, wasn't there a concept a long time ago where link would transform into different animals like warthogs, horses and shit? Sort of like the mask concept in Majora?

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 13700
News Posts: 452
Joined: 2008-07-03
 
Wed, 05 Aug 2009 13:51:30
Zelda Galaxy where you have volcano galaxy, snow galaxy, swamp galaxy...Magical boots help him fly.
<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
*crickets*
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?