Forum > Gaming Discussion > The Official Animal Crossing GOTY Hype Thread
The Official Animal Crossing GOTY Hype Thread
<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Wed, 12 Aug 2009 19:48:05

gamingeek said:
No one remembers about the auction. Pinky and Sophia used to. Not anymore.

Well, Sophia is on her own right now with my inlaws, traveling back and forth through northern Mexico, doubt she has too much time to fire AC up. My wife and daughter will catch up with her this weekend, so you  might be seeing some activity from those days onwards.


Ravenprose said:

gamingeek said:
No one remembers about the auction. Pinky and Sophia used to. Not anymore.

No, that's Pinky and the Brain. Not Sophia. Nyaa

Considering she reached the end of the first stage in Ikaruga at age 3, she might as well be called that. Nyaa

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14646
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 12 Aug 2009 19:50:38

SteelAttack said:

Ravenprose said:

gamingeek said:
No one remembers about the auction. Pinky and Sophia used to. Not anymore.

No, that's Pinky and the Brain. Not Sophia. Nyaa

Considering she reached the end of the first stage in Ikaruga at age 3, she might as well be called that. Nyaa

  Oops! I thought GG was talking about some of the animals in his town! LOL

The VG Press

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Wed, 12 Aug 2009 19:55:09

Ravenprose said:

SteelAttack said:

Ravenprose said:

gamingeek said:
No one remembers about the auction. Pinky and Sophia used to. Not anymore.

No, that's Pinky and the Brain. Not Sophia. Nyaa

Considering she reached the end of the first stage in Ikaruga at age 3, she might as well be called that. Nyaa

  Oops! I thought GG was talking about some of the animals in his town! LOL

Lol. Pinky is my wife. Her first name is Rosa (pink), and my youngest daughter is Sophia.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14646
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 12 Aug 2009 19:55:26

gamingeek said:

Whats going on in Menagery and what was the inspiration for the name of your town?

Initially I called mine Fortress because I imagined it being invaded via the gates by online interlopers.

It comes from the word menagerie: "a collection of wild or unusual animals..." (Dictionary.com). I had to change the spelling due to the eight character limit for town names.

I caught another Hammerhead the other day. Other than that, I've been catching fish, tweeking my sidewalk layout, and planting lots trees/flowers. 

Yup, that makes three hammerhead sharks in less than a week!

Thanks again, Bugs, for the fruit!

Edited: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 20:05:40

The VG Press

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Wed, 12 Aug 2009 19:56:28

Ravenprose said:

gamingeek said:

Whats going on in Menagery and what was the inspiration for the name of your town?

Initially I called mine Fortress because I imagined it being invaded via the gates by online interlopers.

It comes from the word menagerie: "a collection of wild or unusual animals..." (Dictionary.com). I had to change the spelling due to the eight character limit for town names.


This place could be called a Menagerie as well.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46248
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 12 Aug 2009 20:25:26

Ravenprose said:

SteelAttack said:

Ravenprose said:

gamingeek said:
No one remembers about the auction. Pinky and Sophia used to. Not anymore.

No, that's Pinky and the Brain. Not Sophia. Nyaa

Considering she reached the end of the first stage in Ikaruga at age 3, she might as well be called that. Nyaa

  Oops! I thought GG was talking about some of the animals in his town! LOL

They are animals. And Steel is the evil Circus Master Hobo.

Ravenprose said:

gamingeek said:

Whats going on in Menagery and what was the inspiration for the name of your town?

Initially I called mine Fortress because I imagined it being invaded via the gates by online interlopers.

It comes from the word menagerie: "a collection of wild or unusual animals..." (Dictionary.com). I had to change the spelling due to the eight character limit for town names.

I caught another Hammerhead the other day. Other than that, I've been catching fish, tweeking my sidewalk layout, and planting lots trees/flowers.

Yup, that makes three hammerhead sharks in less than a week!

Thanks again, Bugs, for the fruit!

Why is your face tanned in that pic?

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46248
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 12 Aug 2009 20:27:39

Ravenprose said:

Thanks again, Bugs, for the fruit!

Bugs got his fruit from me, hence you should be thanking me. Fortress is the seed which implants all your towns.

Direct from my orchard *cups balls* LOL

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14646
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 12 Aug 2009 20:31:37

gamingeek said:
Why is your face tanned in that pic?

 I hadn't even noticed that. Hmm, I left the game running one day for several hours while my character stood on the beach; maybe that's how I got it?

gamingeek said:

Ravenprose said:

Thanks again, Bugs, for the fruit!

Bugs got his fruit from me, hence you should be thanking me. Fortress is the seed which implants all your towns.

Direct from my orchard *cups balls* LOL

 Wat! GASP I ate some of that fruit! I feel sick now. Sad

Edited: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 20:35:48

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46248
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 12 Aug 2009 20:41:49

Ravenprose said:

gamingeek said:
Why is your face tanned in that pic?

I hadn't even noticed that. Hmm, I left the game running one day for several hours while my character stood on the beach; maybe that's how I got it?

gamingeek said:

Ravenprose said:

Thanks again, Bugs, for the fruit!

Bugs got his fruit from me, hence you should be thanking me. Fortress is the seed which implants all your towns.

Direct from my orchard *cups balls* LOL

Wat! GASP I ate some of that fruit! I feel sick now. Sad

LOL!

That would be so cool if the game tanned you. What happens if you take off your goggles? Ring marks? Please say yes.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14646
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 12 Aug 2009 20:52:22

gamingeek said:

LOL!

That would be so cool if the game tanned you. What happens if you take off your goggles? Ring marks? Please say yes.

 Sadly, no ring marks. Sad

That would've been hella cool if it had done that, though! 

I just looked it up, and ACCF does indeed have a tanning feature

Edited: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 20:53:10

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46248
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 13 Aug 2009 09:26:31

^ That is SO sweet.

My turnips are 194 bells for the next 2 and a half hours. If you want in than let me know!

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14646
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 15 Aug 2009 20:52:07

I just got the Hopscotch Floor from Nintendo!

Happy

I believe this is an North America exclusive, but I can order it for anyone who wants it.

BTW GG and Bugs, did you guys recieve the Ladder Shades I sent you in the mail?

Nobody's sent me a Pikmin hat? *cry*

Edited: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 06:29:00

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46248
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 16 Aug 2009 10:44:34

I got the shades thanks. Nintendo sent me a gamecube chest recentely!

And this morning I picked up a special item from Nooks. An Arwing!

Sorry about the hat Raven, I forgot. There is a lot of DLC you missed. Did anyone get the pikmin ship yet for ******* sake!

Send me the hopscotch floor please Happy

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 15743
News Posts: 1040
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 16 Aug 2009 10:58:50
An arwing? awesome. Grinning Pics!

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46248
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 16 Aug 2009 11:15:12

Foolz said:
An arwing? awesome. Grinning Pics!

 It actually plays music when you hit it too, not just the normal jingle most nintendo items do. 

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46248
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 16 Aug 2009 11:27:07
Pic time

ruu0317.jpg

I ran into Scoot in town. Why do some of the best characters only make brief visits in town whilst the animals you hate stay for MONTHS and wont leave?

ruu0318.jpg

He's a penny pincher apparentely. Saves a lot, doesn't buy much. Where is he Sad Monkey!

ruu0320.jpg

Nintendo sent me a gamecube to celebrate the anniversary of GC animal Crossing. The light doesn't come on though.

ruu0321.jpg

It does however double up as a storage case. 

ruu0323.jpg

YES! Arwing get! It plays music as well. 

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46248
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 16 Aug 2009 11:29:48

God my living room is a mess. It used to be a ship deck but I haven't figured out what to do with it yet so its just a jumbled mess of curiosities. 

Any ideas? If I had a space wall and floor I might be able to have a nice space room. 

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14646
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 16 Aug 2009 17:06:32

GG, I just ordered the Hopscotch Flooring for you and Bugs. I'll send them out as soon as I recieve them from Nook.

That Gamecube looks effing awesome! If you can, please order me one!

I have that exact same Arwing in the DS version. I found it in the recycle bin of all places! LOL

The VG Press

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 15743
News Posts: 1040
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 17 Aug 2009 05:38:33
It looks like the GC is eating a bloated wii. LOL

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14646
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 17 Aug 2009 05:55:58

Foolz said:
It looks like the GC is eating a bloated wii. LOL

LOL 

The VG Press

<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
*crickets*
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?