Forum > Gaming Discussion > The Official Animal Crossing GOTY Hype Thread
The Official Animal Crossing GOTY Hype Thread
<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 46369
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 17 Aug 2009 11:33:31

I'll never remember all this stuff to order. I think you missed out on lots of DLC.

DSLite chairs, Shamrock and Flamenco hats, Flamenco dresses, Punchout headguards, eifell towers, sandcastles, bus models etc.

No one has the Pikmin ship yet?  

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 46369
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 17 Aug 2009 16:48:01

Raven I have ordered you some stuff but the other DLC I cannot afford to buy you.

You will have to send me the cash and a shopping list.

Dsi black                15'200

Dsi White               15'200

Model Bus              2500

Eiffel Tower          3200

Gamecube chest   12'000

Shamrock hat        1300

Flamenco hat        1300

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14682
News Posts: 2158
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 17 Aug 2009 17:32:01

Holy crap! I had no idea those DLC items would cost so much! GASP I also didn't realize there were so many DLC items released either. The three DLC I ordered from Nook were only around 1000 bells each.

I'll send you the money today for the Gamecube. Also, let me know how much I owe you for the other items you already ordered for me; I'll gladly pay for them too.

Thanks, GG!

Oh, and I just saw a video on Youtube about that Pikmin Ship. I hope I get one someday.

Edited: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 18:14:31

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 46369
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 18 Aug 2009 10:04:00

Ravenprose said:

Holy crap! I had no idea those DLC items would cost so much! GASP I also didn't realize there were so many DLC items released either. The three DLC I ordered from Nook were only around 1000 bells each.

I'll send you the money today for the Gamecube. Also, let me know how much I owe you for the other items you already ordered for me; I'll gladly pay for them too.

Thanks, GG!

Oh, and I just saw a video on Youtube about that Pikmin Ship. I hope I get one someday.

Dont worry, I sent you 3 items today they only cost a few thousand combined.

I will order you the GC chest then.

This Dolphin model was suppossed to be out ages ago. I may have missed the delivery period but that cant be as I play everyday Sad

Someone must have it!

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 46369
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 19 Aug 2009 10:25:57

Sent out your GC chest this morning Raven.

Check your turnips guys. Mine are 67 bells.

Saharah is peeing me off recentely, I scour town and only get 2 old carpets or 2 old wallpapers and you need at least 3 to get a rare one back.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14682
News Posts: 2158
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 20 Aug 2009 17:27:40
Edited: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 01:20:24

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 46369
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 21 Aug 2009 10:05:42
Check turniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiips!

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Fri, 21 Aug 2009 19:53:44
raven i got the stuff you sent me today.  thanks buddy.  i hadn't played this in ages.  all my flowers are withered or gone altogether.  i do have my lighthouse though.

where did angrymonkey go?

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 46369
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 21 Aug 2009 20:58:09

That lighthouse, I need to see it working. I think I might prefer a windmill if it constantly rotates.

What are the donation fees for construction on things again?

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Fri, 21 Aug 2009 21:18:56

gamingeek said:

That lighthouse, I need to see it working. I think I might prefer a windmill if it constantly rotates.

What are the donation fees for construction on things again?

200k - 4th bridge

+ 400k - fountain

+ 1 mil - lighthouse or windmill

i just really love lighthouses in real life so the choice for me was pretty obvious but maybe the windmill is more fun in a/c and i read that it's new in city folk whereas there was a lighthouse in wild world (but i never had it before)

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 46369
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 21 Aug 2009 21:39:00
So if I give 400k outright do I get the fountain or do they just take out 200k from that and give me a fricking bridge.

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Fri, 21 Aug 2009 22:30:52

gamingeek said:
So if I give 400k outright do I get the fountain or do they just take out 200k from that and give me a fricking bridge.

bridge + 200k towards the fountain.  don't be cheap, help your hobo town

picture time.  i wanted to post a pic of the lighthouse but since this is the first time i removed the SD from the wii i'm posting all i found of any interest.

1. fun times with monkey.  PS monkey please come back

2. i hate sampson - can't stop planting pitfall seeds and pushing him in


3. i really hate sampson


4. why won't sampson leave?


5. i hate mosquitos, they always sting me when i'm about to catch a fish

6. gigi and i celebrating fireworks night in shanti


7. celebrating raven's return with firecrackers courtesy of tortimer from fireworks night, which i saved for a special occasion.  behold the lovely view of hobo nook's in the background


8. finally, my brand new lighthouse at night.  it goes round and around.  so mesmerising ... i love it


Edited: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 22:33:14

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14682
News Posts: 2158
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 22 Aug 2009 01:45:44

Nice pics, bugs! That lighthouse is badass.

I almost have enough money to buy the bridge; should have enough later tonight. I really need one too since there isn't one on the north end of my town, and I have to go a long route to get to my museum.

Hmm, I'm almost certain there isn't a lighthouse in Wild World, but there was one in the Gamecube version; and you got it day one too. The GC version also had a cool train instead of that stupid bus. Sad Bring back the train, Nintendo! 

Anyway, I recently read on Animal Crossing Community forums that we can't have both a lighthouse and a Windmill at the same time in City Folk, but we can switch between them anytime we wish. There's just one catch, though. You have to pay 1 million bells each time you switch them. Sad 

EDIT: Okay, so I gave 200k to the town fund, and . . . nothing happened. Sad Do I have to wait until tomarrow or something?

Edited: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 05:18:38

The VG Press

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Sat, 22 Aug 2009 09:11:24

Ravenprose said:

Nice pics, bugs! That lighthouse is badass.

I almost have enough money to buy the bridge; should have enough later tonight. I really need one too since there isn't one on the north end of my town, and I have to go a long route to get to my museum.

Hmm, I'm almost certain there isn't a lighthouse in Wild World, but there was one in the Gamecube version; and you got it day one too. The GC version also had a cool train instead of that stupid bus. Sad Bring back the train, Nintendo!

Anyway, I recently read on Animal Crossing Community forums that we can't have both a lighthouse and a Windmill at the same time in City Folk, but we can switch between them anytime we wish. There's just one catch, though. You have to pay 1 million bells each time you switch them. Sad

EDIT: Okay, so I gave 200k to the town fund, and . . . nothing happened. Sad Do I have to wait until tomarrow or something?

wait until tomorrow ... you will see a notice on the notice board asking townsfolk to go vote on the location of the new bridge (that means you).  it gave me but two choices both of which were strategically useful and wish i could have had both but i chose the one which was the more useful.

after that she won't let you pay any more money into the town fund and will tell you that they are busy building the bridge.  it takes a few days.

you're probably right about the lighthouse, that must be what i read and i just had it mixed up in my head given as i never played the original on GC.

is there anyone who tested the theory of switching lighthouse for windmill by donating another million?  the most realistic way to experience both is probably to have friendly towns not have the same thing, which means you and/or gg have to get the windmill Nyaa

i'm not playing this enough nowadays to make money and i'm worried i will never have enough to get the gracie set, which is the only so far i have cared for

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Sat, 22 Aug 2009 09:22:28
how many different kinds of grass are there?

mine is triangular and to be quite honest i didn't know there was any that was different until kino who was visiting one time asked me why my grass was triangular

now i notice in pictures that both raven and gg have circular patterns on the floor

and from that picture from monkey's town i see that he has ... pentagonal patterns GASP in his grass

how many kinds are there?

also ... tanning feature is so amazing, i need to do it one of these days

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 46369
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 22 Aug 2009 11:21:50

Niiiiice lighthouse Bugs.

You wont be able to get the Gracie set for another year now the items have switched to candy furniture.

The grass is really cool, I never really noticed till I visited a few friends houses, the shapes and patterns were different.

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Sat, 22 Aug 2009 13:03:59

gamingeek said:

Niiiiice lighthouse Bugs.

You wont be able to get the Gracie set for another year now the items have switched to candy furniture.

The grass is really cool, I never really noticed till I visited a few friends houses, the shapes and patterns were different.

no it's the candy furniture i love.  the hansel and grettel stuff.  not so keen on the set you completed

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 46369
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 22 Aug 2009 15:31:57

bugsonglass said:

gamingeek said:

Niiiiice lighthouse Bugs.

You wont be able to get the Gracie set for another year now the items have switched to candy furniture.

The grass is really cool, I never really noticed till I visited a few friends houses, the shapes and patterns were different.

no it's the candy furniture i love.  the hansel and grettel stuff.  not so keen on the set you completed

Oh I thought you meant the actual Gracie furniture. I paid the 200k towards the bridge today.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14682
News Posts: 2158
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 22 Aug 2009 21:24:14

My bridge will be built soon. Thanks for the info, bugs. I wish they gave me more than two choices on where to put it, but I'm sure it'll be fine where they're building it now.

I never noticed the different grass designs. That's pretty cool.

I must own that candy furniture! It'll take me forever to accumulate enough cash to buy all of it. Sad 

Edited: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 10:03:15

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 46369
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 23 Aug 2009 15:04:47

My choices over where I could put the bridge were shit.

There was one perfect spot and that wasn't even an option.

<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
SupremeAC (51s) travo (56s)
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?