Forum > Gaming Discussion > The Official Animal Crossing GOTY Hype Thread
The Official Animal Crossing GOTY Hype Thread
<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 18:08:29

Ravenprose said:

gamingeek said:

Welcome to Animal Crossing Addiction. Happy

I have a feeling that was sarcasm.

No sarcasm was intended. While I may not like the direction Nintendo went with City Folk's animal tracks nonsense, I still love Animal Crossing. I've been addicted to it for years, so I know that exact feeling Vader described.

No no, I meant from Dvader. As his running commentary was LOL inducing most of the time. "Write the letter yourself biyatch!"  LOL

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 14685
News Posts: 2158
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 18:15:19

gamingeek said:

Ravenprose said:

gamingeek said:

Welcome to Animal Crossing Addiction. Happy

I have a feeling that was sarcasm.

No sarcasm was intended. While I may not like the direction Nintendo went with City Folk's animal tracks nonsense, I still love Animal Crossing. I've been addicted to it for years, so I know that exact feeling Vader described.

No no, I meant from Dvader. As his running commentary was LOL inducing most of the time. "Write the letter yourself biyatch!"  LOL

LOL  I see know. Happy

I don't know. He sounded genuine in that last post, so I figured he finally understood the appeal of the game. Granted that last line "Best game ever" does sound like sarcasm.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 18:44:26

Ravenprose said:

gamingeek said:

No no, I meant from Dvader. As his running commentary was LOL inducing most of the time. "Write the letter yourself biyatch!"  LOL

LOL  I see know. Happy

I don't know. He sounded genuine in that last post, so I figured he finally understood the appeal of the game. Granted that last line "Best game ever" does sound like sarcasm.

Yeah I think most people's initial impressions of the series (including myself) is "WTF? This is it?" and probably wanting to return it. Then begrudgingly playing it to make the most of your money then slowly becoming addicited.

camp.jpg

acartkey.jpg

Edited: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 18:53:44

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31211
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 19:14:10

No I really enjoyed myself, I say Best game ever to any game I like at the moment. Nyaa

I played for 3 hours today. I dont even see your guys towns registered, I talk to the dog dude and say I want to go out and the list is blank. I added your codes earlier today, I assume you guys added me already.

Something happend that pissed me off though, I found the key in the river, I rearraged some flowers (cause of GG's scary grass post) and all of a sudden the game froze and said I got disconnected from WFC so my progress is lost, WTF!!! Why the hell does this game kick me out when the connection goes down, stupid.  Luckly it was only like 15 minutes of progress, so I redid it all.

So I went to the city, does that major store at the top become more manly at any point, its mostly princess rooms and dresses and crap. Where is this REDD store you mentioned, is that the secret door on the side where he says I need an invitation. Apparently there is some prize guy that is not around, everyone was talking about him. I went to a show and got an emotion. I went to the auction house and what is the option where you post an item or something, it gives you a ton of slots, I threw something in there and I dont get what it does. Its not the option to put something for auction as that is not available till the 4th for me.

So in the town I ran into this penguin chick and she is all like "wanna come back to my place", I though what a dirty whore she was but all she wanted to do was show me her room, so I had to set an appointment. I saw it, pretty cool stuff. I need tons of money to ever get a room like that, man. Where can a get a cabinet to store stuff GG?

What does the recyling bin do? Can you give me that pattern for the tiles cause I am not going to make paths until I have something that looks good. Oh I went into that tailor store and it had designs like that bird one you have in the pic, is that from another players town or a made up town.

I want to speed up time, can I just mess with the wii clock, I want to see what happens tomorrow.


660896.png
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 19:37:04

3 hours, that's long. Happy

Here's a good tip, as soon as you start go to the gate and always choose "invite guests" rather than "I want to go out" it automatically checks if anyone else is online first and then if not, they open your gate.

It's easier and you're much more likely to meet people this way.

"I talk to the dog dude and say I want to go out and the list is blank."

It will be blank unless there is someone online at the time. To check if you are registered, click the heart icon on your toolbar, your registered friends will have hearts next to the names.

Yeah if your wireless goes down you lose your progress, it saves just before opening the gate. It's only happened to me twice over 3 and a half months though.


Dvader said:

So I went to the city, does that major store at the top become more manly at any point, its mostly princess rooms and dresses and crap. Where is this REDD store you mentioned, is that the secret door on the side where he says I need an invitation. Apparently there is some prize guy that is not around, everyone was talking about him. I went to a show and got an emotion.

Gracies has the Spring Collection at the moment, in winter we had the winter collection, dark blacks and reds. Like mens club old school furtniture. Really cool. The whole range changes with the seasons so in summer there will be a whole new set of new items and a sale just before.

Redd is a thief fox like an evil Nook that sells you rare stuff and occasionally rips you off. You need an invite from a character or friend. The prize guy is badass, he gives you toys.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 19:37:37

My gate will be open in half an hour for 15 minutes to watch KK perform!

8pm GMT

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 14685
News Posts: 2158
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 19:41:29

Dvader said:

Something happend that pissed me off though, I found the key in the river, I rearraged some flowers (cause of GG's scary grass post) and all of a sudden the game froze and said I got disconnected from WFC so my progress is lost, WTF!!! Why the hell does this game kick me out when the connection goes down, stupid.  Luckly it was only like 15 minutes of progress, so I redid it all.

Hmm, I've never had that problem. That sounds like an odd glitch. I got disconnected from WFC once, but I never lost any data from it. Weird.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31211
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 19:47:53

Ravenprose said:

Dvader said:

Something happend that pissed me off though, I found the key in the river, I rearraged some flowers (cause of GG's scary grass post) and all of a sudden the game froze and said I got disconnected from WFC so my progress is lost, WTF!!! Why the hell does this game kick me out when the connection goes down, stupid.  Luckly it was only like 15 minutes of progress, so I redid it all.

Hmm, I've never had that problem. That sounds like an odd glitch. I got disconnected from WFC once, but I never lost any data from it. Weird.

But it wasnt a glitch, it took me to an Animal Crossing screen with a drawing of Ressetti and a message telling me what happend. Why would the game do that.

660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31211
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 19:49:41

gamingeek said:

My gate will be open in half an hour for 15 minutes to watch KK perform!

8pm GMT

I'll try to make it. So exciting.

Whats wrong with me. LOL

(Oh your time chart is wrong now probably cause of daylight savings, that would be 4pm for me not 3pm. So nine minutes from now.)

Edited: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 19:51:39
660896.png
avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 20:02:08

gamingeek said:

My gate will be open in half an hour for 15 minutes to watch KK perform!

8pm GMT

i tried just now and didn't find your gate open Sad  Had to watch KK in my town.  still sweet though.

sorry i wasn't around earlier.  i was at my friend's we played house of the dead overkill through again.  such an awesome game, but i'm sad i missed connecting with you guys on AC.  hopefully tomorrow

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31211
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 20:02:11

I just went on, no hearts next to anyone. Yes my wii connect is on. I added you guys hours ago this morning.

Sad

660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31211
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 20:07:40
Or had GG code wrong, DOH. Where the hell did I get the number I put in from? Anyway adding the correct code now GG. Wait for me.
660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31211
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 21:23:56

Went to GG's town, its like a different game, woah! His Nook store is crazy, so much stuff to get. His room designs are great, each has a certain theme, one had this triforce ornament, I must get it.

Thanks for the fruit and furnature but I have no space for it. So what do I do now? Where can I store it?

660896.png
avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 21:34:37

Dvader said:

Went to GG's town, its like a different game, woah! His Nook store is crazy, so much stuff to get. His room designs are great, each has a certain theme, one had this triforce ornament, I must get it.

Thanks for the fruit and furnature but I have no space for it. So what do I do now? Where can I store it?

 As soon as you pay up the initial house loan from Nook, he'll offer you to make your house bigger. Get a shovel and plan the fruit. Don't eat it. Get a fridge or something, those things are useful to store things. I added you last night, but can't see a heart. What's your guys name?

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 14685
News Posts: 2158
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 22:04:59

SteelAttack said:

Dvader said:

Went to GG's town, its like a different game, woah! His Nook store is crazy, so much stuff to get. His room designs are great, each has a certain theme, one had this triforce ornament, I must get it.

Thanks for the fruit and furnature but I have no space for it. So what do I do now? Where can I store it?

As soon as you pay up the initial house loan from Nook, he'll offer you to make your house bigger. Get a shovel and plan the fruit. Don't eat it. Get a fridge or something, those things are useful to store things. I added you last night, but can't see a heart. What's your guys name?

Yeah, you can store 160 items in a dresser, fridge, locker, or anything with a door/drawers. Those are very helpful in keeping items you may not have room for but don't want to lose.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31211
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 22:17:19

Ravenprose said:

SteelAttack said:

Dvader said:

Went to GG's town, its like a different game, woah! His Nook store is crazy, so much stuff to get. His room designs are great, each has a certain theme, one had this triforce ornament, I must get it.

Thanks for the fruit and furnature but I have no space for it. So what do I do now? Where can I store it?

As soon as you pay up the initial house loan from Nook, he'll offer you to make your house bigger. Get a shovel and plan the fruit. Don't eat it. Get a fridge or something, those things are useful to store things. I added you last night, but can't see a heart. What's your guys name?

Yeah, you can store 160 items in a dresser, fridge, locker, or anything with a door/drawers. Those are very helpful in keeping items you may not have room for but don't want to lose.

My guys name is Dvader. Thanks, so I should work to make the house bigger, its like 18,000 or something. How long does it take for trees to grow.

Dammit I will only have the game for like 2 more days. But my sister will return for the whole summer starting May so I will just borrow it from her then.

660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 14685
News Posts: 2158
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 22:22:34

Dvader said:
How long does it take for trees to grow.

3 days.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 23:00:14

Ravenprose said:

Dvader said:
How long does it take for trees to grow.

3 days.

 Yeah. 

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 15766
News Posts: 1041
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 29 Mar 2009 02:10:17
Love the woodcut you've got there, GG.

Man, if it wasn't for FIFA I'd be giving GC AC another go.

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 29 Mar 2009 13:19:07

Dvader said:

So I went to the city, does that major store at the top become more manly at any point, its mostly princess rooms and dresses and crap.


Eventually if you want to keep more items you will need a second character, make a female. Trust me, it opens up twice as many items. Things you wouldn't buy as a guy you start getting. Pink sofas, hair clips. All sorts. Sounds unmanly but otherwise you're ignoring hundreds of items.

Dvader said:

Where is this REDD store you mentioned, is that the secret door on the side where he says I need an invitation. Apparently there is some prize guy that is not around, everyone was talking about him.


Yeah that is Redds. I tried to score you and bugs an invite but he wasn't forthcoming. I introduced Steel. The prize guy is awesome he gives you toys to play with. Redds paintings can be fake though so beware.

Dvader said:

I went to the auction house and what is the option where you post an item or something, it gives you a ton of slots, I threw something in there and I dont get what it does. Its not the option to put something for auction as that is not available till the 4th for me..


We should all be using the auction. Happy

It only operates at the weekend, usually saturdays.

Alternative saturdays you either put items up or bid on items. So one saturday it will ask you to put something up, the next saturday you can bid on items. It's all online, so its for online friends. Your item will appear in my auction house and my bathroom mirror should currently be in yours. Bugs and Steel can put items up too.

The checkroom is just a virtual link to your cuboard at home where you can retrieve items from to auction.

Dvader said:

Where can a get a cabinet to store stuff GG?.


You can buy one in Nooks, either a closet, or drawer or dresser. Or one of us can send you one. Then you just press A in front of it.  

Dvader said:

What does the recyling bin do? Can you give me that pattern for the tiles cause I am not going to make paths until I have something that looks good. Oh I went into that tailor store and it had designs like that bird one you have in the pic, is that from another players town or a made up town.

I want to speed up time, can I just mess with the wii clock, I want to see what happens tomorrow.


Recycling bin is to dump stuff you dont want, but you are better off selling it to Nook. Otherwise, characters in your town randomly dump items and you can nab them. The left dog near the gate also stores lost and found items.

Did you get the patterns from my shop?

Don't ever mess with the clock or it can ruin things and punish you, especially turnip prices.  

<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
*crickets*
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?