Forum > Gaming Discussion > The Official Animal Crossing GOTY Hype Thread
The Official Animal Crossing GOTY Hype Thread
<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 27 Mar 2009 18:14:49

SteelAttack said:
I bet yoour ass would implode if your town looked that bare. There's no fucking grass in there!

Those are early pics from last year before the snow set in. The grass is brown in autumn. It's not bare. The acorn hunt begins then too. You get special mushroom furniture. You can build a Mushroom men room with toadstool seating and a mushroom widescreen TV Grinning

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Fri, 27 Mar 2009 18:22:36
wow gg.  thanks so much for all the gifts.  that is so cool.  my god cherries ... i can't wait to have cherry trees.

gg how much can i pay you (in bells) to come pave the paths in my town?  you are clearly the landscaping artist among us

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Fri, 27 Mar 2009 18:33:38

bugsonglass said:

gg how much can i pay you (in bells) to come pave the paths in my town?  you are clearly the landscaping artist among us

LOL Lazy bastard.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 27 Mar 2009 18:35:19

bugsonglass said:
wow gg.  thanks so much for all the gifts.  that is so cool.  my god cherries ... i can't wait to have cherry trees.

gg how much can i pay you (in bells) to come pave the paths in my town?  you are clearly the landscaping artist among us

I put the designs in your shop, just take them and lay them down as paths.

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Fri, 27 Mar 2009 18:36:40
oh my god ... what fuckin disaster.  i can't believe what a fool i am.  here i was all excited selling a bunch of apples to buy a shovel and bury the cherry gg gifted me ... and i stupidly pressed the fuckin button again and i dug up the sweet precious cherry and now it's dead ... wasted ... gone...

and i'm left with bloody apples.  i hate this game

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 27 Mar 2009 18:50:39

bugsonglass said:
oh my god ... what fuckin disaster.  i can't believe what a fool i am.  here i was all excited selling a bunch of apples to buy a shovel and bury the cherry gg gifted me ... and i stupidly pressed the fuckin button again and i dug up the sweet precious cherry and now it's dead ... wasted ... gone...

and i'm left with bloody apples.  i hate this game

On two seperate occasions I ate 10'000 bells worth of turnips by mistake by trying to drop them in my house.

I will mail you a cherry.

The good thing is that when you go to someone elses town the turnip prices vary.

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Fri, 27 Mar 2009 18:59:39

gamingeek said:

bugsonglass said:
oh my god ... what fuckin disaster.  i can't believe what a fool i am.  here i was all excited selling a bunch of apples to buy a shovel and bury the cherry gg gifted me ... and i stupidly pressed the fuckin button again and i dug up the sweet precious cherry and now it's dead ... wasted ... gone...

and i'm left with bloody apples.  i hate this game

On two seperate occasions I ate 10'000 bells worth of turnips by mistake by trying to drop them in my house.

I will mail you a cherry.

The good thing is that when you go to someone elses town the turnip prices vary.

We need to keep an eye on turnip prices daily. I don't want to think about money ever again.

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Fri, 27 Mar 2009 18:59:58

gamingeek said:

bugsonglass said:
oh my god ... what fuckin disaster.  i can't believe what a fool i am.  here i was all excited selling a bunch of apples to buy a shovel and bury the cherry gg gifted me ... and i stupidly pressed the fuckin button again and i dug up the sweet precious cherry and now it's dead ... wasted ... gone...

and i'm left with bloody apples.  i hate this game

On two seperate occasions I ate 10'000 bells worth of turnips by mistake by trying to drop them in my house.

I will mail you a cherry.

The good thing is that when you go to someone elses town the turnip prices vary.

thanks again.  did you sell turnips in shanti town?  i'm still getting used to playing with the wiimote, i think i'll like it once i don't do so many involuntary things

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Fri, 27 Mar 2009 19:10:40
i wrote you a letter but the post office only gives me the options to send to shanti and to future self.  what gives?

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 27 Mar 2009 21:12:09

bugsonglass said:
i wrote you a letter but the post office only gives me the options to send to shanti and to future self.  what gives?

Did you choose your own town or other town? Or Wii message board?

Choose other town. I sent you a cherry and sent you and Steel a coconut.

bugsonglass said:

gamingeek said:

The good thing is that when you go to someone elses town the turnip prices vary.

thanks again.  did you sell turnips in shanti town?  i'm still getting used to playing with the wiimote, i think i'll like it once i don't do so many involuntary things

Your prices were so low. My town was 155 bells today.

Note that there are two turnip prices a day, before 12pm and after.  

SteelAttack said:

We need to keep an eye on turnip prices daily. I don't want to think about money ever again.

It would be a good idea. One day my price was 450 bells, I told you guys, but you showed no interest in coming over.  

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 03:13:55

gamingeek said:

It would be a good idea. One day my price was 450 bells, I told you guys, but you showed no interest in coming over.  

 I wasn't playing at the time, penis. I was in my "OMG the fucking grass is gone" phase. 

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 06:58:27

SteelAttack said:

gamingeek said:

It would be a good idea. One day my price was 450 bells, I told you guys, but you showed no interest in coming over.  

I wasn't playing at the time, penis. I was in my "OMG the fucking grass is gone" phase.

"hearing" someone being called a penis never fails to make me chuckle.  

so are we going to arrange to meet in someone's town this weekend?  let me remind you i'm GMT+2 which is EST + 7 ... BUT with the added complication that the change for daylight savings time is only taking place tonight here whereas it happened weeks ago stateside so that extra hour needs to be factored in for today.  tomorrow it's back to normal hour difference

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 12:57:25

Saturday 28th march

Turnips are 155 bells over here but that may change after 12pm.

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 14:32:41

gamingeek said:

Saturday 28th march

Turnips are 155 bells over here but that may change after 12pm.

 I have no fucking turnips now. 

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31211
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 16:42:03

So I started playing today thinking I am going to be bored out of my mind in no time. So first thing I do is register the codes and crap, cant get into anyones town, perfect...

So I go to the shop and there is a special item of the day, oooh, its FREAKING NINJA SWORD!! I must have it! 9,000 something it costs, so I ran out and started grabbing peaches, started netting bugs, etc to make money. Then I noticed I had mail with gifts on it, my mom sent me like 5000 coins for my birthday, woo! Well I bought it and stuck in my tiny room. YES.

While running around making money I found this cat dude locked out of his house, he needs help finding his keys, he says its in the river, so I pulled out the fishing rod assume a fish ate it or something. I have gotten a bunch of fish but no key...

Also some new fox dude moved in, all he has is boxes in his house. I ran into this other new resident told me there is Feung Shuey (spelling??) really. Then I noticed a small X on the floor so I dug it up and got a fossil, cool, now what do I do with it. Thats when I discovered a whole muesum I totally missed, woah. So now I have a freak ton of stuff to collect. Oh and there is an observatory and I can make my own constellations, cool. I assume Steel's stars have giant penii everywhere.  Oh and that new bird lady told me if I plant flowers next to each other new ones might pop out, so now I am running around planting flowers.

Best game ever.


660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 14685
News Posts: 2158
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 17:06:38

Dvader said:

So I started playing today thinking I am going to be bored out of my mind in no time. So first thing I do is register the codes and crap, cant get into anyones town, perfect...

So I go to the shop and there is a special item of the day, oooh, its FREAKING NINJA SWORD!! I must have it! 9,000 something it costs, so I ran out and started grabbing peaches, started netting bugs, etc to make money. Then I noticed I had mail with gifts on it, my mom sent me like 5000 coins for my birthday, woo! Well I bought it and stuck in my tiny room. YES.

While running around making money I found this cat dude locked out of his house, he needs help finding his keys, he says its in the river, so I pulled out the fishing rod assume a fish ate it or something. I have gotten a bunch of fish but no key...

Also some new fox dude moved in, all he has is boxes in his house. I ran into this other new resident told me there is Feung Shuey (spelling??) really. Then I noticed a small X on the floor so I dug it up and got a fossil, cool, now what do I do with it. Thats when I discovered a whole muesum I totally missed, woah. So now I have a freak ton of stuff to collect. Oh and there is an observatory and I can make my own constellations, cool. I assume Steel's stars have giant penii everywhere.  Oh and that new bird lady told me if I plant flowers next to each other new ones might pop out, so now I am running around planting flowers.

Best game ever.


Welcome to Animal Crossing Addiction. Happy

The VG Press

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 17:22:35
Lay paths, dammit. 
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 17:55:42

Ravenprose said:

Dvader said:

So I started playing today thinking I am going to be bored out of my mind in no time. So first thing I do is register the codes and crap, cant get into anyones town, perfect...

So I go to the shop and there is a special item of the day, oooh, its FREAKING NINJA SWORD!! I must have it! 9,000 something it costs, so I ran out and started grabbing peaches, started netting bugs, etc to make money. Then I noticed I had mail with gifts on it, my mom sent me like 5000 coins for my birthday, woo! Well I bought it and stuck in my tiny room. YES.

While running around making money I found this cat dude locked out of his house, he needs help finding his keys, he says its in the river, so I pulled out the fishing rod assume a fish ate it or something. I have gotten a bunch of fish but no key...

Also some new fox dude moved in, all he has is boxes in his house. I ran into this other new resident told me there is Feung Shuey (spelling??) really. Then I noticed a small X on the floor so I dug it up and got a fossil, cool, now what do I do with it. Thats when I discovered a whole muesum I totally missed, woah. So now I have a freak ton of stuff to collect. Oh and there is an observatory and I can make my own constellations, cool. I assume Steel's stars have giant penii everywhere.  Oh and that new bird lady told me if I plant flowers next to each other new ones might pop out, so now I am running around planting flowers.

Best game ever.


Welcome to Animal Crossing Addiction. Happy

I have a feeling that was sarcasm.

Dvader, not only is there a ninja sword, you can press A in front of it and little shrurikens fire out. There is also a ninja costume and hood and you can get a samurai suit, other ninja paraphenalia. And make your home up to look like a ancient japanese castle type place.

I was playing with Steel today. I was waiting around for you and Bugs from 16:30 - 17:15 GMT. Next time I play I'm going to send out a mass Wii speak message to let you guys know my gate is open. I checked and there should be a hollow heart if we are connected, that goes solid when you meet up. You had no icon on mine.

Your room is tiny because you haven't paid off your mortgage at the post office - use the ATM machine. If you hook up with us you can get foreign fruit which is worth 500 bells each, I believe your native peaches are only 100 bells. Then you can start growing your own trees.

Orchards means cash, cash means shopping and upgrading. And special items. Cash also means investing in turnips sunday mornings and then checking prices each day at Nooks for the big pay off.

When characters lose their keys I heard you can fish them out of the river but I haven't been able to manage it yet.

"Also some new fox dude moved in, all he has is boxes in his house."

This is part of what makes the game cool. Today he's moving in, the game is teasing you, here is a new character, come back tommorrow and you can see what his house it like. If he has a great house you go "Cool!" and the items he has are a teaser because somehow at some point you can get those cool items too.

You need a closet or cuboard to store all your stuff BTW, just press A in front of it and store 100 items or something.

THE MUSEUM

You can collect:

  • Bugs
  • Fish
  • Fossils - really cool to watch your fossils being put together bit by bit.
  • Paintings - from Redds shop in the city.

Also get a coffee each day and Brewster will eventually offer to store gyroids for you (little moving statues)

WHAT TO DO THIS WEEKEND:

Saturday after 8pm go into the museum coffee shop and talk to the dog, he will perform a live show for you and give you a tape to play at home (you need a stereo). (K.K. Crusin') is cool. Or "K.K. Samba"

Sunday morning between 9am - 12pm search for the Warthog and buy some turnips. Follow her instructions and you could get some good cash for quicker upgrades to your home. You can also sell turnips at friends towns online.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 14685
News Posts: 2158
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 18:00:06

gamingeek said:

Welcome to Animal Crossing Addiction. Happy

I have a feeling that was sarcasm.

No sarcasm was intended. While I may not like the direction Nintendo went with City Folk's animal tracks nonsense, I still love Animal Crossing. I've been addicted to it for years, so I know that exact feeling Vader described.

Edited: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 18:00:44

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 18:07:00

Also once we have met online we can send each other letters and items.


A good way to get items is to write letters to your townsfolk and attach cheap crap like seashells or fruit and they give you back cool stuff.

ruu0131.jpg

This is the steam roller Steel sent me. In the corner is the 8 bit NES mario Flag, you can deck out your whole room in stuff like that, coins, mushrooms POW blocks. I got an astronaut suit up top, you can make your house look like the surface of the moon and get all sorts of space stuff and outfits.

ruu0133.jpg

This was me in Steeltown. I forgot to save most of my pics.

Steels town is big, his grass isn't too bad but I can see why he stopped playing before. Once its patched it should be okay. Buy flowers each day, everyday.

<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
Foolz (1m)
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?