Forum > Gaming Discussion > The Most Anticipated Games of 2018!
The Most Anticipated Games of 2018!
<< prev
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 13996
News Posts: 675
Joined: 2009-02-25
 
Tue, 19 Jun 2018 23:45:30
Yeah September is ridiculous. DQXI and VC4 were probably my top two Most Wanted games for the past couple years. I think they're both coming out within a couple weeks of each other is nuts. Then tossing the Spyro Trilogy on top of that.... Oy.
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 14570
News Posts: 215
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 20 Jun 2018 00:14:33

I'm totally stoked for VC4. I love the first one, one of my favorite games of its time. Never played the handheld sequels so I've been waiting for this since 2008.

1114847.png?9138273

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 17410
News Posts: 8651
Joined: 2008-08-18
 
Thu, 21 Jun 2018 08:52:22

I'm kinda like, "I still have to pick up Yakuza6 and God of War".  I got to say, I'm not that pysched about LoU2 and Spiderman. I'll get them used sure.

Is the shine off indies right now? I remember having played more in the lsat two years (albeit I'm first to admit I've been off PC gaming - Steam - for a while now just due to change in lifestyle).


Twitter
: @gameunderphil

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 14570
News Posts: 215
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 21 Jun 2018 22:07:04

For the most part I'm not really big on the indie scene. Most of that stuff to me just seems like hipster artstyle crap mixed in with mundane gameplay that tries to emulate games from the 16 bit era but fail miserably.

Of course, there are exceptions.

1114847.png?9138273

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 14456
News Posts: 1029
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 22 Jun 2018 00:10:02
+2

Good luck finding a triple a game whose development team isn't teeming with hipsters:

P4Wt0AE.jpg

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere  
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst  
Are full of passionate intensity.
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 11667
News Posts: 279
Joined: 2008-07-03
 
Fri, 22 Jun 2018 01:45:00
edgecrusher said:

For the most part I'm not really big on the indie scene. Most of that stuff to me just seems like hipster artstyle crap mixed in with mundane gameplay that tries to emulate games from the 16 bit era but fail miserably.

Of course, there are exceptions.

Totally agree.  Which is why I refused to buy that crap, especially Yooka-Laylee.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 14570
News Posts: 215
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 22 Jun 2018 02:47:45

Ok

1114847.png?9138273

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 13996
News Posts: 675
Joined: 2009-02-25
 
Fri, 22 Jun 2018 04:01:16
aspro said:

Is the shine off indies right now? I remember having played more in the lsat two years (albeit I'm first to admit I've been off PC gaming - Steam - for a while now just due to change in lifestyle).

I'm not sure "the shine is off" but the days of indie gaming being special and needing special consideration and support are over. They've crossed over to become an important part of the gaming ecosystem. They've taken the spot of the mid-budget game, and that's that. Indie games are as special as brown eyes or a Big Mac Extra Value meal.

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 14456
News Posts: 1029
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 22 Jun 2018 04:29:58
robio said:

I'm not sure "the shine is off" but the days of indie gaming being special and needing special consideration and support are over. They've crossed over to become an important part of the gaming ecosystem. They've taken the spot of the mid-budget game, and that's that. Indie games are as special as brown eyes or a Big Mac Extra Value meal.

Agreed, except brown eyes and Big Mac Extra Value meals are special. Sad

For the record, they never "shone" for me anyway. Always an inferior replacement for the mid-tier.

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere  
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst  
Are full of passionate intensity.
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 11667
News Posts: 279
Joined: 2008-07-03
 
Fri, 22 Jun 2018 10:38:04
edgecrusher said:

Ok

Yeah, I was forgot the “Nyaa “ part of my post.  I’m totally interested in Yooka Laylee.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 14570
News Posts: 215
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 22 Jun 2018 16:36:43
Ok

1114847.png?9138273

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 10596
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Fri, 22 Jun 2018 19:29:39
travo said:
edgecrusher said:

Ok

Yeah, I was forgot the “Nyaa “ part of my post.  I’m totally interested in Yooka Laylee.

Why must you turn this place into a den of lies? Nyaa

179417.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 14570
News Posts: 215
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 22 Jun 2018 19:57:48
+1

I'm only just getting into Yooka Laylee now, it's my next game up. I can confirm it's better than Sea of Thieves. LOL

1114847.png?9138273

<< prev
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
travo (8m)
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?