Forum > Gaming Discussion > SUPER Street Fighter IV -- It begins again!
SUPER Street Fighter IV -- It begins again!
<< prev
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 16004
News Posts: 720
Joined: 2009-02-25
 
Tue, 29 Sep 2009 13:41:57

T Hawk and DeeJay were never staples. They were tacked on pieces of crap. I suppose T Hawk wasn't too bad, but DeeJay has always and will always suck donkey ball.  But seriously, it's a not coincidence they they're always the last ones added to a series.  They were the last ones in the SF II series, last ones added in the Alpha series, and now the last ones in SF IV.

Frankly if they're going to bring back anyone, let's try and get Skullomania and Cracker Jack.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 29 Sep 2009 14:26:15

robio said:

T Hawk and DeeJay were never staples. They were tacked on pieces of crap. I suppose T Hawk wasn't too bad, but DeeJay has always and will always suck donkey ball.  But seriously, it's a not coincidence they they're always the last ones added to a series.  They were the last ones in the SF II series, last ones added in the Alpha series, and now the last ones in SF IV.

Frankly if they're going to bring back anyone, let's try and get Skullomania and Cracker Jack.

LOL

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 12528
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Tue, 29 Sep 2009 14:45:19

Yes! Finally it's official now. This is awesome news. I definitely can't wait for Spring 2010. I really like the extra characters they're bringing over.

1176413.png

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 2590
News Posts: 64
Joined: 2009-03-24
 
Thu, 01 Oct 2009 04:03:26

robio said:

T Hawk and DeeJay were never staples. They were tacked on pieces of crap. I suppose T Hawk wasn't too bad, but DeeJay has always and will always suck donkey ball.  But seriously, it's a not coincidence they they're always the last ones added to a series.  They were the last ones in the SF II series, last ones added in the Alpha series, and now the last ones in SF IV.

Frankly if they're going to bring back anyone, let's try and get Skullomania and Cracker Jack.

There are some amazing dudes who kick butt with DeeJay on SFII Turbo HD Remix. Seriously, I couldn't hit this one guy who was playing him.

And I doubt they'll ever bring EX characters. I think someone on Capcom Unity said that the EX characters aren't part of the canon of the series so we'll never see them in the main series, which sucks. I liked Pullom, that Princess Jasmine chick.

Edited: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 04:05:28

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Playing: Golden Sun Dark Dawn, God of War Ghost of Sparta, and DKC Returns

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 2590
News Posts: 64
Joined: 2009-03-24
 
Thu, 01 Oct 2009 04:06:14

Archangel3371 said:

Yes! Finally it's official now. This is awesome news. I definitely can't wait for Spring 2010. I really like the extra characters they're bringing over.

When they say Spring 2010, does that mean March, April, May, June?!

Arrrgggh! I WANT TO KNOW!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Playing: Golden Sun Dark Dawn, God of War Ghost of Sparta, and DKC Returns

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 12528
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Thu, 01 Oct 2009 14:32:49

ASK_Story said:

Archangel3371 said:

Yes! Finally it's official now. This is awesome news. I definitely can't wait for Spring 2010. I really like the extra characters they're bringing over.

When they say Spring 2010, does that mean March, April, May, June?!

Arrrgggh! I WANT TO KNOW!!!

 

Yeah I'd like to know a more precise date as well. Hopefully the sooner the better but at least it's before July.

1176413.png

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 18296
News Posts: 2097
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 01 Oct 2009 23:55:36

MeSc5k613SK67jjLKn3dAurVQv7cvw41.jpg

_____________________________

Babelfish Translation: Kick boxer of the Jamaican representation. Tune everything which it puts out records the million cellar, it is the unique grapple house which is the popularity musician. [toritsuki] the moving mechanism usually in the firearm of the skill and accumulating type which is put out anti-aircraft skill, pick-off skill at the ground and the soldier where the dead angle is little.

_____________________________

WNIrLz5wO68s47v4KKH6Sb2EXWEztzzh.jpg

hCtHisgD7ZPOpyx997T24NUwqL7OnxsQ.jpg

boNT95sVmZLV73MjdNx9Kf15zim729S2.jpg

dG5w9co7vCIHQRm8a7mtdAZBS61VVb5Y.jpg

GX777j5s63E2hW9Y6M14SC1JCi9x3H75.jpg

zChXrCs5i5a2T2187N7lkc7o65Hm7iS8.jpg

cmVH5j9HxH3G4w7OE79Gjs5Ys61ClQ71.jpg

CP2YR1VlAFH2xvr8GwlH88S6CRxYHJB7.jpg

AKuNir96W26Cdyas87z16Qb6JDR4WiA9.jpg

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 18296
News Posts: 2097
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 02 Oct 2009 00:51:09

IGN:  Will there be a new theme song for Super IV?

Ono: Yeah you don't have to worry about being indestructible anymore, haha. We're fixing that. Speaking of lessons learned, when looking at something like this for the first time your assumptions might be that this is some kind of downloadable pack or something, and to be honest with you that's not going to be. There's just too much going on with this release and too much content.

But this isn't going to be like the old days where we go on and charge you full price or $75 for each consecutive Street Fighter game in the series. This will not be a full-priced game. I'm not going to promise you a $5 game or anything, but it's going to be a price that's appropriate to the amount of content you're getting. We're not going back to the "dark ages" where we'd just tack another word onto the Street Fighter series and expect you to pay in full again. We'll make sure we get it to everyone as cheap as we can.

*AWESOME!*

_________________________

IGN: That'd rock for sure. So back to the characters: Will the unlockable fighters from IV start unlocked, or will players need to go back in and unlock them all again?

Ono: Yeah you might be happy to hear that there are no unlockable characters in the game this time around. It might be fun to play through over and over and say "Hey what did I unlock this time?" and so on, but we're going to sacrifice that this time around for the sake of having everyone playable and accessible from the start, right out of the box. There are other ways to keep people playing, other things to unlock – it doesn't have to be characters – and we realize that's an area where we may have caused some unnecessary frustration in the long run, so we pulled back on that a little bit and thought of other ways to keep you playing.

IGN: How will stages change with the new game? New stages, stage tweaks… it looks like there are some minor changes in even the stage we can see behind you right now.

Ono: Yes there are indeed differences already in the background, yes. As far as new stages I can't say too much about it, but I can say it'd be strange to not add in new content on that front. I'll leave it at that so I don't get into trouble. The one thing by the way I forgot to mention about Juri that I forgot to mention is that she has kind of a sexy edge to her – she's not a cheesecake character; she won't go out and pole dance or something – but she has this sinister/sexy feel to her that you don't normally see in the Street Fighter series, so that's kind of another first for that character. And of course it'll all be up to the ESRB as to how far we can go with that, haha.

**AWESOME-ER!!**

_________________________

IGN: Will all the story modes for all the characters be different this time around then?

Ono: Yeah you can actually look forward to brand new openings and endings for all the characters. You know we have paid attention to all the reviews and we know people weren't exactly thrilled about the less-than-stellar quality of the openings and endings in IV, and we're man enough to admit that, and as an apology we're going to remake those, and also some of the lines during the fight and rival match-ups will be added and changed. While that hasn't been easy to localize – it wasn't exactly an "easy task" – so that's all-new, and you can certainly look forward to that in the new game.

***AWESOME-EST!!!***

_________________________


avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 12528
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Fri, 02 Oct 2009 01:12:32

OMG, that is soooooo freakin' awesome to hear! Thanks for posting that Leo. I actually liked Indestructible myself but that's ok they're changing it, I just hope it's really good. All that stuff he said sounds fantastic and has really got me even more amped for the game, as if I wasn't pretty amped before. Nyaa

1176413.png

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6351
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 02 Oct 2009 01:16:36
"where we'd just tack another word onto the Street Fighter series and expect you to pay in full again."

LOL I can't believe someone at Capcom actually said that

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 2590
News Posts: 64
Joined: 2009-03-24
 
Fri, 02 Oct 2009 02:03:01

Yodariquo said:
"where we'd just tack another word onto the Street Fighter series and expect you to pay in full again."

LOL I can't believe someone at Capcom actually said that

Ono's becoming one of my favorite producers. He comes off as someone who's so humble, unlike the other egotistical and cocky game developers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Playing: Golden Sun Dark Dawn, God of War Ghost of Sparta, and DKC Returns

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 14685
News Posts: 2158
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 02 Oct 2009 02:14:45

phantom_leo said:

But this isn't going to be like the old days where we go on and charge you full price or $75 for each consecutive Street Fighter game in the series. This will not be a full-priced game. I'm not going to promise you a $5 game or anything, but it's going to be a price that's appropriate to the amount of content you're getting. We're not going back to the "dark ages" where we'd just tack another word onto the Street Fighter series and expect you to pay in full again. We'll make sure we get it to everyone as cheap as we can.

Yeah, it'll only cost $49.99 instead of $59.99. Nyaa

The VG Press

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 18296
News Posts: 2097
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 02 Oct 2009 03:18:59
WATCH THE ONO INTERVIEW!

Witness the sleek, evil beauty of Juri...

... then listen for it...

DARKSTALKERS. COULD. BE. NEXT.


She's coming soon!
...How 'bout you?
avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 12528
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Fri, 02 Oct 2009 03:42:39

phantom_leo said:
WATCH THE ONO INTERVIEW!

Witness the sleek, evil beauty of Juri...

... then listen for it...

DARKSTALKERS. COULD. BE. NEXT.


She's coming soon!
...How 'bout you?

 

Awesome! I'll definitely have to check it. Darkstalkers is a huge favourite of mine and woot @ Morrigan. Almost ... there ... Nyaa

1176413.png

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 2701
News Posts: 277
Joined: 2008-07-12
 
Fri, 02 Oct 2009 04:24:54

phantom_leo said:

IGN:  Will there be a new theme song for Super IV?

Ono: Yeah you don't have to worry about being indestructible anymore, haha. We're fixing that. Speaking of lessons learned, when looking at something like this for the first time your assumptions might be that this is some kind of downloadable pack or something, and to be honest with you that's not going to be. There's just too much going on with this release and too much content.

But this isn't going to be like the old days where we go on and charge you full price or $75 for each consecutive Street Fighter game in the series. This will not be a full-priced game. I'm not going to promise you a $5 game or anything, but it's going to be a price that's appropriate to the amount of content you're getting. We're not going back to the "dark ages" where we'd just tack another word onto the Street Fighter series and expect you to pay in full again. We'll make sure we get it to everyone as cheap as we can.

*AWESOME!*

_________________________

IGN: That'd rock for sure. So back to the characters: Will the unlockable fighters from IV start unlocked, or will players need to go back in and unlock them all again?

Ono: Yeah you might be happy to hear that there are no unlockable characters in the game this time around. It might be fun to play through over and over and say "Hey what did I unlock this time?" and so on, but we're going to sacrifice that this time around for the sake of having everyone playable and accessible from the start, right out of the box. There are other ways to keep people playing, other things to unlock – it doesn't have to be characters – and we realize that's an area where we may have caused some unnecessary frustration in the long run, so we pulled back on that a little bit and thought of other ways to keep you playing.

IGN: How will stages change with the new game? New stages, stage tweaks… it looks like there are some minor changes in even the stage we can see behind you right now.

Ono: Yes there are indeed differences already in the background, yes. As far as new stages I can't say too much about it, but I can say it'd be strange to not add in new content on that front. I'll leave it at that so I don't get into trouble. The one thing by the way I forgot to mention about Juri that I forgot to mention is that she has kind of a sexy edge to her – she's not a cheesecake character; she won't go out and pole dance or something – but she has this sinister/sexy feel to her that you don't normally see in the Street Fighter series, so that's kind of another first for that character. And of course it'll all be up to the ESRB as to how far we can go with that, haha.

**AWESOME-ER!!**

_________________________

IGN: Will all the story modes for all the characters be different this time around then?

Ono: Yeah you can actually look forward to brand new openings and endings for all the characters. You know we have paid attention to all the reviews and we know people weren't exactly thrilled about the less-than-stellar quality of the openings and endings in IV, and we're man enough to admit that, and as an apology we're going to remake those, and also some of the lines during the fight and rival match-ups will be added and changed. While that hasn't been easy to localize – it wasn't exactly an "easy task" – so that's all-new, and you can certainly look forward to that in the new game.

***AWESOME-EST!!!***

_________________________


 They're going to fix the endings? Awesome. Just don't fucking rush them and make them work with the plot they establish.


avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 02 Oct 2009 12:07:55
Deejay is better than the fat guy, anyday of the week.

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 12528
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Fri, 02 Oct 2009 19:42:51

Ravenprose said:

phantom_leo said:

But this isn't
going to be like the old days where we go on and charge you full price
or $75 for each consecutive Street Fighter game in the series. This
will not be a full-priced game. I'm not going to promise you a $5 game
or anything, but it's going to be a price that's appropriate to the
amount of content you're getting. We're not going back to the "dark
ages" where we'd just tack another word onto the Street Fighter series
and expect you to pay in full again. We'll make sure we get it to
everyone as cheap as we can.

Yeah, it'll only cost $49.99 instead of $59.99. Nyaa

 

Hey $10 is $10. That would totally work for me.

Anyway just watched the Ono interviews over on the Street Fighter blog, awesome stuff. I really like this Ono guy. Soooo can't wait for SSFIV and I'm really hoping that Darkstalkers gets made and will soon follow.

1176413.png

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 18296
News Posts: 2097
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 03 Oct 2009 11:52:26











Y

O

G

A

.

.

.

W

A

N

G

!

!

!

V


Thanks, Destructoid, for some truly unforgettable imagery!


avatar
Country: US
Comments: 18296
News Posts: 2097
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 03 Oct 2009 11:56:01









Yoga, Yoga, Yoga, Yoga!

Edited: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 14:59:39
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 03 Oct 2009 13:29:50
OMG

<< prev
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
*crickets*
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?