Forum > Gaming Discussion > Red Steel 2 Official Thread: "Probably the best third party wii game we've played in recent memory"
Red Steel 2 Official Thread: "Probably the best third party wii game we've played in recent memory"
<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 14648
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 19:33:11
I bought my copy at Best Buy yesterday, and it was $50 without M+. $60 with the bundle.

Edited: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 19:38:39

The VG Press

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 19:39:02

SteelAttack said:

Dvader said:

What?! with the motion plus bundle?

Hobo Force ASSEMBLE!!!!

 GG got the biggest hobo deal on this game.  he got £5-£10 off the RRP of a new full price game, and the wmp completely free.  £30 is the cheapest online price i can find for the game (solus).

raven maybe best buy doesn't have unified price policy for the US and Canada

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 14648
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 19:41:22

bugsonglass said:

raven maybe best buy doesn't have unified price policy for the US and Canada

Yeah, I forgot that angrymonkey lives in Canada.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 20:02:13

Ravenprose said:

Yeah, I forgot that angrymonkey lives in Canada.

DAMN YOU CANADA!!!

660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 2590
News Posts: 64
Joined: 2009-03-24
 
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 21:16:58
Seeing this game in motion convinces me that the Wii can do Borderlands regardless of what Gearbox says.

It's probably because the Wii can't do DLC.

My concern for this game is the game design. Does it feel like every scene or chapter in the game is varied and exciting or is it like a regular FPS that's stuck in the past?

Looks good though.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Playing: Golden Sun Dark Dawn, God of War Ghost of Sparta, and DKC Returns

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 21:18:53
SteelAttack said:

Hobo Force ASSEMBLE!!!!

 LOL

hamzik said:
My game is on it's way so tomorrow I should be able to sink my teeth into it. Hopefully it is as cool as most reviews make it out to be. I feel like Ubi might have a huge success on their hands here.

 I feel like games like this or Silent Hill Shattered memories where you can clearly show in tv ads how the controller works, have a good chance of success. But then these companies just don't advertise. Or other companies exagerate games with bad controls which devalue other peoples ads. People assume its all waggling. 


bugsonglass said:

 GG got the biggest hobo deal on this game.  he got £5-£10 off the RRP of a new full price game, and the wmp completely free.  £30 is the cheapest online price i can find for the game (solus).

raven maybe best buy doesn't have unified price policy for the US and Canada

 And strangely amazon haven't shipped it yet, no way I will have this on release day. 


Dvader said:

What?! with the motion plus bundle?

 You know that Zelda requires motionplus. So you know you will have to get motionplus eventually anyway right. Factor it into the price. 

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 21:21:45

gamingeek said:

You know that Zelda requires motionplus. So you know you will have to get motionplus eventually anyway right. Factor it into the price.

It should be free. Or this game should be $40 to make up for the extra cost. Nyaa  

660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 14648
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 21:23:13

Dvader said:

It should be free. Or this game should be $40 to make up for the extra cost. Nyaa

M+ is free. . .

. . . if you buy Wii Sports Resort. Nyaa

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 21:26:55

ASK_Story said:
Seeing this game in motion convinces me that the Wii can do Borderlands regardless of what Gearbox says.

It's probably because the Wii can't do DLC.

My concern for this game is the game design. Does it feel like every scene or chapter in the game is varied and exciting or is it like a regular FPS that's stuck in the past?

Looks good though.

 Did you watch these videos?

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gamersyde_preview_red_steel_2-9004_en.html

So awesome. 

The level design does look quite staid but its not a FPS. It's a first person brawler, if you look at the gameplay. It's all about the in your face combat which is pretty cool. 

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 22:12:05

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 2590
News Posts: 64
Joined: 2009-03-24
 
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 22:12:16

gamingeek said:

Did you watch these videos?

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gamersyde_preview_red_steel_2-9004_en.html

So awesome.

The level design does look quite staid but its not a FPS. It's a first person brawler, if you look at the gameplay. It's all about the in your face combat which is pretty cool.

Yeah, it looks pretty cool.

Also, since when did MSNBC review games? (Seeing the Red Steel 2 video review).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Playing: Golden Sun Dark Dawn, God of War Ghost of Sparta, and DKC Returns

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 22:23:21

Red Steel 2 NWR review "Plain and simple, this is one of the finest games to grace the Wii console."

Red Steel 2 Gameinformer review 8/10

Gaming Nexus reviews Red Steel 2 "Are you a gamer? Do you own a Wii? Then you need Red Steel 2. In fact, this game is a reason to own a Wii all by itself."


avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 22:23:52

ASK_Story said:

gamingeek said:

Did you watch these videos?

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gamersyde_preview_red_steel_2-9004_en.html

So awesome.

The level design does look quite staid but its not a FPS. It's a first person brawler, if you look at the gameplay. It's all about the in your face combat which is pretty cool.

Yeah, it looks pretty cool.

Also, since when did MSNBC review games? (Seeing the Red Steel 2 video review).

I dunno, its a pretty decent review, short and to the point.

avatar
Country: GR
Comments: 2480
News Posts: 14
Joined: 2010-02-19
 
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 22:47:07
Glad metascore remains high despite a few real low scores. Has Ubi advertised it outside that one time commercial?
Edited: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 22:48:05
portrait.jpg ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The optimist proclaims we live in the best of all possible worlds
while the pessimist fears this is true.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 23:58:43

gamingeek said:

Sweet video is sweet.

More impressions please, Raven, Leo, come on.

660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Thu, 25 Mar 2010 03:27:01
1up didn't like the game very much. GS thought it was good but nothing great. These guys are saying the action doesn't seem all that different with M+, which Leo sort of mentioned earlier. Yet there are other reviews that are crazy about how amazing it is. So what is going on here?
660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 14648
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 25 Mar 2010 04:41:58
M+ makes a HUGE difference, IMO.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 776
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2009-05-09
 
Thu, 25 Mar 2010 06:18:07

Dvader said:

Ravenprose said:

Yeah, I forgot that angrymonkey lives in Canada.

DAMN YOU CANADA!!!

Wow -I didn't know my little comment would assemble Hobo Nation. That was  the price just for the game  (saved $15 tho). They did screw up on their website for part of the day and offered the bundle for $40.I guess they would have had to honor that - that would have been a great deal. We got Meteos for the ds super cheap when that came out too. Canada is great sometimes.


Dvader said:
1up didn't like the game very much. GS thought it was good but nothing great. These guys are saying the action doesn't seem all that different with M+, which Leo sort of mentioned earlier. Yet there are other reviews that are crazy about how amazing it is. So what is going on here?

I wonder how much they played it. I just played it for 3/4 of hour so far. It is a little restrictive so far like they say - short quick missions and tutorials - not very many moves at first. And it's fun but not as novel since I've played a few games with M+ already. M+ just makes for a better slashing mechanic - can use any angle and cranking your arm back and pointing away from the screen doesn't screw anything up like it would without it.

1up seems really hard on the controls. Does anyone here think there is lag? Seems fine to me.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 14648
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 25 Mar 2010 06:49:21
Nope. There's no noticeable lag, IMO.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 15745
News Posts: 1040
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 25 Mar 2010 07:14:39
So anyone finding the under-developed characters and bad voice acting a large problem like GS? LOL

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
*crickets*
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?