Forum > Gaming Discussion > Game(s) You Just Bought Thread
Game(s) You Just Bought Thread
<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 11398
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Fri, 02 Aug 2019 15:29:46

Picked up Fire Emblem: Three Houses today.

1176413.png

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 30759
News Posts: 1712
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Fri, 02 Aug 2019 17:43:10
Archangel3371 said:

Picked up Fire Emblem: Three Houses today.

Are you the only one here who has it? Where is the FE thread? I just have too much to play and I won’t get around to it till later. Will pick it up during Black Friday.

660896.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 18187
News Posts: 2093
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 02 Aug 2019 19:40:03

I got it too! I’m lovin’ it. It’s more than what you expect though. You are a mercenary recruited to teach young nobles at a monestery. You can choose to align with one of three houses to start. The house you choose changes the story, missions and people you fight with. The biggest departure from past games is: you’ll spend much more of your time between battles interacting with your students, doing quests, teaching classes, exploring the massive grounds and a bunch of other sim-like activities. It’s VERY in depth and makes your allies feel that much more realistic. The battles are more traditional, but they still throw some curves in there, like no more “weapon-triangle” for instance. Still great stuff though! They say a play-thru with one house can take upwards of 80 hours! If you are hooked and want to see everything and all the interactions, we’re talking 100’s of hours!!  😮

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 11398
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Fri, 02 Aug 2019 20:07:53
Dvader said:
Archangel3371 said:

Picked up Fire Emblem: Three Houses today.

Are you the only one here who has it? Where is the FE thread? I just have too much to play and I won’t get around to it till later. Will pick it up during Black Friday.

Well Leo’s got it too and those some nice early impressions there by the way. I’ll probably start playing it later tonight.

1176413.png

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 30759
News Posts: 1712
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Fri, 02 Aug 2019 21:18:16
phantom_leo said:

I got it too! I’m lovin’ it. It’s more than what you expect though. You are a mercenary recruited to teach young nobles at a monestery. You can choose to align with one of three houses to start. The house you choose changes the story, missions and people you fight with. The biggest departure from past games is: you’ll spend much more of your time between battles interacting with your students, doing quests, teaching classes, exploring the massive grounds and a bunch of other sim-like activities. It’s VERY in depth and makes your allies feel that much more realistic. The battles are more traditional, but they still throw some curves in there, like no more “weapon-triangle” for instance. Still great stuff though! They say a play-thru with one house can take upwards of 80 hours! If you are hooked and want to see everything and all the interactions, we’re talking 100’s of hours!!  😮

The hours is a turnoff to me and with three different routes, come on. FE on GC was like 40 hours and that was enough. Games are too big.

660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 14287
News Posts: 2119
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 04 Aug 2019 00:46:04

I bought No Man's Sky Next (PS4). I'm a couple hours in and im  enjoying it quite a bit. It gives me a Star Trek/Minecraft/Breath of the Wild feeling of just being dropped in an new world to explore with minimal direction or explanation.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 11398
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Tue, 06 Aug 2019 00:13:55

Downloaded Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection and Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite Deluxe Edition for the Xbox One. They were on sale for EVO 2019 at $25 Canadian each. I have Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection for the Switch but wanted it for the Xbox One as well. Had Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite before but traded it in not too long after I got it. I was pretty disappointed with it but the gameplay is solid and I do miss not having it around to play every now and then plus this came with all the dlc characters.

1176413.png

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14946
News Posts: 678
Joined: 2009-02-25
 
Tue, 06 Aug 2019 00:57:39
I'm still wavering on the 30th anniversary collection. I want it, but I'm just not good at fighting games anymore. Even the ones I'm familiar with.
avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 11398
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Tue, 06 Aug 2019 15:08:13
robio said:
I'm still wavering on the 30th anniversary collection. I want it, but I'm just not good at fighting games anymore. Even the ones I'm familiar with.

That’s certainly understandable. These are the arcade versions of the games as well which means that even on the easiest settings the AI are absolute cheap fuckers meant to munch on your quarters.

1176413.png

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14946
News Posts: 678
Joined: 2009-02-25
 
Thu, 15 Aug 2019 23:50:44
Just picked up Tetris Effect. still don't have PSVR, but this might be the game that convinces me to get it, depending on how I like it.
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 14287
News Posts: 2119
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 16 Aug 2019 03:11:27

Tetris Effect is a cool eperience. Not sure how I'd like it in VR, but supposedly the input lag on the VR headset is far, far lower than when playing on most HDTVs.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14946
News Posts: 678
Joined: 2009-02-25
 
Fri, 16 Aug 2019 16:35:37
Yeah I spent an hour or so with it last night and cleared the first two groups of levels. Pretty amazing. Glorious in fact. The input lag is very noticeable though, and that's something that I almost never detect.
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14946
News Posts: 678
Joined: 2009-02-25
 
Tue, 27 Aug 2019 15:02:36
Forgot to mention that I picked up Call of Cthulhu over the weekend, and have been loving the crap out of it. Real solid adventure game. The occasional action segments feel a bit out of place but overall it's been fun. Looking forward to doing a replay too.
avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 11398
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Fri, 30 Aug 2019 17:46:52

Picked up the physical version of Collection of Mana for the Switch today.

1176413.png

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 11398
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Tue, 03 Sep 2019 23:38:04

Downloaded Pac-Man 256 on the Xbox One. It’s a fun twist on the Pac-Man game and it was on sale for a Toonie so I figured why not.

1176413.png

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14946
News Posts: 678
Joined: 2009-02-25
 
Wed, 04 Sep 2019 01:44:08
Archangel3371 said:

Downloaded Pac-Man 256 on the Xbox One. It’s a fun twist on the Pac-Man game and it was on sale for a Toonie so I figured why not.


I remember on my very first trip to Canada, I heard people refer to "loonies and toonies." I was very very confused for a long time until one of the friends I was flying up to hang out with explained Canadian money to me.
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 14287
News Posts: 2119
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 04 Sep 2019 02:00:09

Toonie sounds like something from Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 11398
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Fri, 06 Sep 2019 16:03:11

Downloaded Monster Hunter World Iceborne for the Xbox One.

1176413.png

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 11398
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Sat, 21 Sep 2019 22:19:05

Picked up The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening for the Switch today.

1176413.png

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 14287
News Posts: 2119
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 23 Sep 2019 16:33:06
I picked up the Sega Genesis Mini system over the weekend.

The VG Press

<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
*crickets*
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?