GG Weekly Videogame News RSS Feed
[businessinsider.com] EA Earnings Down, Rumors of Buyout Up Disney seen as most likely. businessinsider.com news aspro
[seekingalpha.com] Icahn's Takeover of Take2 Continues seekingalpha.com news aspro
[wsj.com] New Registrations in WoW on Hold in China Seen as a good sign. wsj.com news aspro
THQ To Bring All-Star Karate To Wii marketwatch.com news aspro
iTouch Game Revealed NSFW Game Reveals a lot more than most. andriasang.com news aspro
[eurogamer.net] You'll be "pissed off" by Fable III reveal Molyneux teases X10 demonstration. eurogamer.net news Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] Third LEGO Star Wars game revealed Based on Clone Wars. Dolly good. eurogamer.net news Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] SEGA All-Stars Racing demo on Live Sonic! Alex Kidd! Samba! Tails. eurogamer.net news Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] First Fallout: New Vegas details spill Hardcore! Reputation! Clever mutants! eurogamer.net news Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] Eurogamer Reviews Disgaea 2 8/10 eurogamer.net impressions Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] Eurogamer preview LEGO Harry Potter  eurogamer.net impressions Iga_Bobovic
[eurogamer.net] Eurogamer Reviews BioShock 2 8/10 eurogamer.net impressions Iga_Bobovic
[gonintendo.com] Request the Sunsoft games you want, says Ireland gonintendo.com news Ravenprose
[computerandvideogames.com] Final Fantasy XIII gets a 70% review From PSM3 mag computerandvideogames.com impressions gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Miyamoto making a new Motionplus game Not Zelda computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] BIG Ubisoft announcement this week Ghost recon future? eurogamer.net gamingeek
[gamasutra.com] The Design Of No More Heroes 2 Is a better-designed game really "better" -- and what does that really mean? Gamasutra's Leigh Alexander takes a look at how Grasshopper Manufacture's No More Heroes 2 evolves on its predecessor. gamasutra.com gamingeek
Free online for Monster Hunter 3? In Europe is the rumour. n4g.com gamingeek
[youtube.com] Endless Ocean 2 soundtrack samples youtube.com gamingeek
[vooks.net] Endless Ocean 2 Vooks review Well done Arika. vooks.net impressions gamingeek
[gametrailers.com] Bonus Round: State of the Industry Pt 1 Yay! More Michael Pachter! gametrailers.com media Ravenprose
[ign.com] Supreme Commander 2: IGN hands-on ign.com impressions Foolz
[eurogamer.net] Retrospective: Team Buddies Arcade eurogamer.net impressions Foolz
[eurogamer.net] Special Editions Article Not so special anymore eurogamer.net editorial Foolz
[eurogamer.net] Tech Analysis: Final Fantasy XIII eurogamer.net editorial Foolz
[ign.com] L.A. Noire revealed ign.com impressions Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Mortal Online open beta trailer gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] ModNation PSP announcement trailer gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] MAG GT review 8.2 gametrailers.com impressions media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Bioshock 2 Red Carpet trailer gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gamespot.com] Star Trek Online review in progress gamespot.com impressions Foolz
[gamespot.com] Gamers4Croydon interview with David Doe Fight the power! gamespot.com editorial Foolz
[gamespot.com] ModNation PSP first look gamespot.com impressions Foolz
[gamespot.com] Bioshock 2 Aussie interview gamespot.com editorial media Foolz
[gamespot.com] Dante's Inferno GS review 6.5 gamespot.com impressions Foolz
[neogaf.com] Random hint about a Demon's Souls sequel?! Very vauge hint but sounds like it could be DS2. Rag jizzed his pants. neogaf.com news Dvader
Famitsu RE5 AE scans showing Barry and Rebecca! BARRY!!!!! biohaze.com news Dvader
[gamespot.com] Bioshock 2 GS review 8.5 gamespot.com impressions Dvader
Level 5 Working on PS3 and Wii Titles Says CEO andriasang.com news aspro
[neogaf.com] Next Assassin's Creed details Set in Rome, online assassin mode neogaf.com news Dvader
1up review Bioshock 2 "Our second trip to BioShock's underwater city is good but doesn't quite live up to the original" 1up.com impressions gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Hands on Fifa World cup 2010 eurogamer.net gamingeek
Tales of Graces DLC pics dengeki.com media gamingeek
Netflix VP pimps Wii service Downplays their own HD service thewiire.com gamingeek
Monster Hunter Tri video preview elecplay.com impressions gamingeek
[amazon.com] Ghost Recon Future Soldier coming to Wii/DS Probably a lame verison made by A2M amazon.com gamingeek
Austrailia gets Endless Ocean 2 bundle aussie-nintendo.com gamingeek
[kotaku.com] Pirate Ordered To Pay Nintendo $1.5 Million kotaku.com news Ravenprose
[gonintendo.com] Nintendo Power: big surprises coming next issue gonintendo.com news Ravenprose
[gonintendo.com] Official Nintendo Magazine teasing something special gonintendo.com news Ravenprose
[gonintendo.com] Dead Space: Extraction heading to XBLA/PSN? RUMOR gonintendo.com news Ravenprose
[nintendoeverything.com] IGN Voice Chat Podcast summary nintendoeverything.com editorial Ravenprose
[gonintendo.com] pirates may be screwing up release dates for Australia gonintendo.com news Ravenprose
[gonintendo.com] EA: DLC gets consumers to buy new, play longer gonintendo.com news Ravenprose
[gonintendo.com] Square-Enix wants to create games using smaller teams gonintendo.com news Ravenprose
[gonintendo.com] Exile getting a revamp? gonintendo.com news Ravenprose
[gonintendo.com] NBA Jam to see PSN/XBLA release too? gonintendo.com news Ravenprose
[ign.com] Tropico 3 hands-on ign.com impressions Foolz
[ign.com] Hero 108 hands on ign.com impressions Foolz
[ign.com] Nore More Heroes 2 second opinion ign.com impressions Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Making of R.U.S.E. dev diary part 2 gametrailers.com editorial Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Need for Speed SHIFT Ferrari DLC slideshow gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing Sonic and Banjo Ka Still unclear why Sonic needs a cart gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Valkyria Chronicles 2 gameplay and intro gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Bioshock 2 GT review 8.8 gametrailers.com impressions media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Dante's Inferno GT review 6.8 gametrailers.com impressions media Foolz
[gonintendo.com] Victor Ireland accidentally confirms more remakes in the pipeline gonintendo.com news Ravenprose
[kotaku.com] NIPPON ICHI ! ! ! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! ! ! kotaku.com news phantom_leo
[destructoid.com] ...and Dante's Inferno a 9! Well, that was unexpected! destructoid.com phantom_leo
Cultivate Teams, Not Ideas On ideas versus execution codinghorror.com editorial Yodariquo
Zangeki no Reginleiv Beachfront gameplay Beachfront????? 1up.com media gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Bioshock 2 widescreen is glitched computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[gameinformer.com] Gameinformer Bioshock 2 review "Once wondrous and foreboding, this underwater society now has the familiarity of a local shopping mall." gameinformer.com impressions gamingeek
[gamersyde.com] Bioshock 2: The first 10 minutes gamersyde.com gamingeek
Sakaguichi talks working with Miyamoto on The Last Story andriasang.com gamingeek
Tatsunoko VS Capcom Secrets Phoenix Wright in a desk? andriasang.com news aspro
[neogaf.com] Every Heavy Rain Review so far IGN, 1up, Eurogamer, and more. neogaf.com impressions Dvader
[nintendolife.com] Blaster Master: Overdrive Review - Nintendolife 9/10 - Looking good nintendolife.com impressions robio
[ign.com] Nintendo Media Summit Coming ign.com news Ravenprose
[gonintendo.com] Lufia DS - more screens, preorder bonus gonintendo.com media news Ravenprose
[seekingalpha.com] What Is Electronic Arts Doing Wrong? seekingalpha.com editorial Ravenprose
Gamers Who Are Scared Of Aging gamesetwatch.com editorial Ravenprose
[eurogamer.net] ExciteBike: World Rally eurogamer review 7/10 eurogamer.net impressions Foolz
[ign.com] Ubisoft to bring out top franchises more Mirror's Edge xtreme running 2011 ign.com news Foolz
[ign.com] Bioshock 2 IGN Au review 9.1 ign.com impressions Foolz
[ign.com] First Look: Rock of the Dead Dancing zombies! Another game perfect for Archie that he won't buy. :( ign.com impressions Foolz
[ign.com] Rockstar Confirms Fall release for L.A. Noire yeah right... ign.com news Foolz
[ign.com] Darwinia+ IGN review 360: 8.9. PC: 8.8. ign.com impressions Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Runes of magic fall of the demon lord trailer gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Everquest II: Battlegrounds trailer gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Naugthy Bear Butter Jelly Time trailer Aren't we over that skit yet? gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Battle.net preview gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Ghost Recon: Future Soldier debut teaser gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gamespot.com] FIFA 2010 World Cup and Ultimate team hands on fapfapfapfapfap gamespot.com impressions Foolz
[gamespot.com] RE5 Desperate Escape GS hands-on gamespot.com impressions Foolz
Shiren Wii - 1Up.Com Review - B+ "A Huge and Challenging Adventure." 1up.com phantom_leo
The Old Republic not before April 2011 Star Wars looking far, far away gamespy.com news Yodariquo
Dear Videogame Industry, Please Stop Making Games There are too many! gamespy.com editorial Yodariquo
New Alan Wake trailer Comes out in May gamingxp.com media Dvader
[eurogamer.net] First LA Noire details eurogamer.net gamingeek
Call of Duty 7 set for 2010 release Set in Vietnam or Cuba? 1up.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Sony to update existing franchises with motion computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Official Playstation mag scores GOW3 Kratos gets a.... what out of ten? computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Eurogamer No More Heroes 2 review It boasts tighter design, more robust visuals and a settled sense of identity that makes it a better, more solid proposition. eurogamer.net impressions gamingeek
[gamasutra.com] Nintendo facing Wii supply challenge As sales continue to be brisk gamasutra.com gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Brink images gamekyo.com media gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] Star ocean 4 images gamekyo.com media gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] L.A Noire: First images gamekyo.com media gamingeek
[kotaku.com] Retailer Slashes Final Fantasy XIII's Price In Half kotaku.com news Ravenprose
[gamesradar.com] Heavy Rain Gamesradar review 7/10 gamesradar.com impressions gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Killzone 3 details incoming Soon-ish computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Eurogamer review Max & the Magic Marker It's half the price of the PC version eurogamer.net impressions gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Disney scaling back its high end games Concentrating on games which bring in the moolah eurogamer.net gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Europe gets No More Heroes 2 Release date announced eurogamer.net news gamingeek
[joystiq.com] Nintendo unsure over future WiiWare demos It was always a limited time offer? joystiq.com gamingeek
[gonintendo.com] Activision predicts the console war winner Sales predictions inside gonintendo.com gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] An Englishman in New Tokyo Culture shock! eurogamer.net editorial Foolz
[eurogamer.net] Heavy Rain eurogamer review 9/10! eurogamer.net impressions Foolz
[ign.com] VVVVVV IGN Review 7.5 ign.com impressions Foolz
[ign.com] Endless Ocean: Blue World IGN hands on ign.com impressions Foolz
[ign.com] New Pokemon revealed ign.com news Foolz
[ign.com] Heavy Rain IGN AU review 8.8 ign.com impressions Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Rooms: The Main Building GT preview gametrailers.com impressions media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Storm Over the Pacific debut trailer gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gametrailers.com] Battle of the Immortals Soul Gear trailer gametrailers.com media Foolz
[gamespot.com] Red Dead Redemption Q&A gamespot.com editorial Foolz
[gamespot.com] Battle.net Greg Canessa interview gamespot.com editorial Foolz
[gamespot.com]

Major Aussie gam
EB Games, GAME, and Gametraders say they are prepared to accept restrictions on how to display and merchandise adult content. gamespot.com news Foolz
[gamespot.com] Aussies heavily pro 18+ in consulation Only 1 percent of processed responses to government survey against an adult rating for games; more than 6,000 responses received in total so far. gamespot.com news Foolz
[latimes.com] College Athlete Sues NCAA and EA Landmark case fights for student rights. latimes.com news aspro
Lost Planet 2 Will Have Split Screen Co-Op Capcom keeps it real. andriasang.com news aspro
Ubisoft German Hotel event Splinter Cell Conviction and Red Steel 2 - in english gamereport.de gamingeek
[youtube.com] Konami's new Wii game: By Climax WTF is this? youtube.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] 25 stunning FF XIII screens computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] First Halo Reach Footage Have ya seen this? Biyatch? computerandvideogames.com media gamingeek
Pre-order Miles Edgeworth Perfect Prosecuter At game UK for £19.99 game.co.uk gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Fable 3 video Go! Go! Go! Is there a dog? computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
Perfect Dark XBLA footage 1up.com media gamingeek
Splinter Cell Conviction footage the first 20 minutes 1up.com media gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Prototype dev Radical hit by massive layoffs computerandvideogames.com gamingeek
[computerandvideogames.com] Gears of War meets Lost Planet 2 pics A wet dream, for some. Like Mario and Sonic *vomits* computerandvideogames.com media gamingeek
[eurogamer.net] Fable 3 Eurogamer preview It was a typically Molyneux presentation, stronger in suggestion and rhetoric than hard detail eurogamer.net impressions gamingeek
[gamasutra.com] Microsoft details of exclusive DLC MW2, Dead rising 2 and moar gamasutra.com gamingeek
[gamersyde.com] Perfect Dark X10 images gamersyde.com media gamingeek
[gamersyde.com] Super SFIV- Style trailer gamersyde.com media gamingeek
[gametrailers.com] God of War 3 Exclusive Chaos Will Rise Trailer gametrailers.com media gamingeek
[gametrailers.com] RE5 Gold Edition : Barry & Rebecca footage gametrailers.com media gamingeek
12 RE5 Gold Edition pics gfdata.de media gamingeek
[gametrailers.com] Dead Rising 2 Tools of the trade trailer gametrailers.com media gamingeek
11 Dead Rising 2 pics gfdata.de media gamingeek
9 Crackdown 2 pics gfdata.de media gamingeek
Splinter Cell Conviction pics 4 here gfdata.de media gamingeek
[joystiq.com] Fable 3 impressions joystiq.com impressions gamingeek
Fable 3 pics gfdata.de media gamingeek
X10: FF XIII bundle pics gfdata.de media gamingeek
X10 Halo Reach pics Half Life 2 reach? gfdata.de media gamingeek
[gamekyo.com] X10: Dead Rising 2 to have exclusive DLC PS3-owned gamekyo.com gamingeek
[neogaf.com] Japanese top 30 chart Feb 1st week neogaf.com gamingeek
[youtube.com] Online Zangeki No Reginleiv footage youtube.com media gamingeek
[youtube.com] Very good Zangeki No Reginleiv footage youtube.com media gamingeek
[gameinformer.com] SUDA wants to make NMH3 on Wii's successor Was not involved with the port of NMH1 gameinformer.com gamingeek
[gonintendo.com] GG pics get linked by Go Nintendo again Look! There's Milk almost being eaten by a whale gonintendo.com media gamingeek
Shattered Memories wouldn't exist without Wii Says Climax - More insights inside videogamesdaily.com gamingeek
[gonintendo.com] NGamer on Nintendo's upcoming summit "it threatens to be better than their last two E3s glued together" gonintendo.com gamingeek
[siliconera.com] Zangeki no Reginleiv Black box pics Reflective writing, nice siliconera.com media gamingeek
Reggie vs Keighley: NSMB vs MW2 What was said? What was not? 1up.com gamingeek
Nintendo digitally distributing games To Wii's with hardrives. Endless Ocean 2 was the first aeropause.com gamingeek
[gamesindustry.biz] Future publishing see circulation slump gamesindustry.biz gamingeek
Aussies get No More Heroes 2 in April too aussie-nintendo.com gamingeek
360 FF13 Special Edition You can push her button. andriasang.com news aspro
Dead Rising 2 Screens andriasang.com media aspro
[thevgpress.com] VGPress Podcast -- OMG! New one is up, GO NUTS! thevgpress.com aspro
[neogaf.com] NPD January 2010 Take a guess neogaf.com news Yodariquo
Sonic theme park and resort?! Or as I call it, heaven. sonicstadium.org media news Dvader
Mega Man X Release Dates Wii first, then PSN, then XBLA. aussie-nintendo.com news aspro
[gamepolitics.com] Canadian Pol. Spending Public Funds on Gaming Close to 10,000 Loonies. gamepolitics.com news aspro
Sex Ed Turns To Gaming Games don't have to blow. gamepro.com news aspro
[gametrailers.com] Dead Rising 2 X10 walkthrough gametrailers.com gamingeek
[youtube.com] Uncharted 2 new DLC pack trailer. Maps, skins, from Uncharted 1. $6, comes out two weeks. youtube.com media Dvader
Climax talk updating silent hill video-game-central.com gamingeek
[joystiq.com] Fragile impressions joystiq.com impressions gamingeek
Monster Hunter Tri cinematics trailer :O :O :O capcom-unity.com media gamingeek
[ign.com] Endless Ocean's Changing Waters The development team talks about the differences between the original release and Blue World. ign.com gamingeek
[neogaf.com] Prince of Persia Forgotten sands Wii info 60 FPS, built from the ground up neogaf.com gamingeek
NIS to Release Less Games, Focus on PS3 Disgaea maker just hoping to survive. andriasang.com news aspro
[eurogamer.net] Eurogamer interview: Final Fantasy XIII eurogamer.net editorial Iga_Bobovic
[playstation.com] Sony's Jack Tretton: "Thank You" Spin that will spin your head. playstation.com news aspro
[shacknews.com] De Blob Coming To TV NBC &THQ do reverse licensing deal. shacknews.com news aspro
Take2 Denies Layoffs Only firing management, not 20% of staff. escapistmagazine.com news aspro
Gran Turismo Sells Over 55 Million Copies Take that MW2. softpedia.com news aspro
Starcraft 2 is in Closed Beta Testing Kim il Jong postpones nuclear launch. topnews.us news aspro
Activision Loses Money Even with Modern Warfare 2. softpedia.com aspro
[forbes.com] EA's Poor Forecast May Be Even Worse Someone please put them out of their misery. forbes.com news aspro
[destructoid.com] Alan Wake for PC canceled "Not the right platform" destructoid.com news Yodariquo
EA offers free Command and Conquer downloads Tiberian Sun, Firestorm, Tiberian Dawn, and Red Alert commandandconquer.com media news Yodariquo
[neogaf.com] Darksiders Manual Code Revealed Get a free copy of Red Faction Guerilla! neogaf.com darthhomer
Red Octane Shut Down Yowsers. 1up.com news aspro
Level 3 - Episode 162 Bioshock 2, Serious Sam HD & Mass Effect 2 blip.tv media darthhomer
Display: Order by:

<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 13054
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Tue, 09 Feb 2010 15:56:08

Yodariquo said:
Archangel3371 said: 

It's still a tangible product. Just because it's a product that can be easily copied makes no difference. Bottom line it's still stealing something and it's still illegal and that's all that really matters.

No, it's copyright infringement.  No more can you say that it's stealing than you can say that robbery is arson.  The legality isn't exactly clear-cut, either.  For example, sharing music in Canada for personal use is legal.  And as long as we're touting the law, American law prevents you from ripping a CD at all, though it hasn't been tested in court.

Meanwhile, the problem isn't prosecution so much as excess.  You've handed a man a life-sentence, and for what?  It's literally impossible to substantiate damages, and just as impossible to even substantiate how many copies, if any, were downloaded.  It's like saying "theft is a crime, therefore give 'em 10 years for stealing a burrito."

 

Meh stealing or copyright infringement, semantics. Good give these pirates a life-sentence I really don't care. Like I said how are supposed to quantify what would or wouldn't be a sale? Conduct a poll with the hopes that everyone will be honest? You're actually giving a comparison of giving someone a 10 year sentence for the theft of a burrito? Come on. Stealing a 99 cent burrito and circumventing copyright protection to distrubute a product freely aren't even close to being comparable.

1176413.png

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 13054
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Tue, 09 Feb 2010 15:57:12

Foolz said:

Archangel3371 said:

Foolz said:

Archangel3371 said:

LOL Now you're just trying to twist things around in a non-sensical manner. Bottom line is it's still theft of a product and how someone can even attempt to try and rationalise it in the idealogy that it simply can't be limited to a number of availability is beyond me.

I was joking calm down. WinkWink

" to take (the property of another or others) without permission or right, esp. secretly or by force: A pickpocket stole his watch."

See, now to me the right stuff is a load of crap, but that's beside the point. Intellectual property is not actual property as far as I'm concerned, simple as that.

If you don't want anyone to be exposed to your ideas and thus keep your thoughts protected, then don't exprses them.

Uh yeah. What exactly was in my post that suggested I wasn't calm? How in the world can intellectual property not be considered property? So you think someone can just take something and make an exact duplicate of it and sell it, give it away, or do whatever they want with it? Hell by those standards the person ripping it off doesn't even have to give the product a new name or make any changes whatsoever to it. Yay! I'm going to go out tomorrow and sell my own console that is exactly a Wii, I'll call it the Wii, it'll play everything that Nintendo's Wii can play, and do everything exactly like a Wii. Woo hoo I'll be rich. Nyaa Uh yeah that is exactly as ridiculous as it sounds.

Ever been to China?

 

And that makes it right how?

1176413.png

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6408
News Posts: 412
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 09 Feb 2010 15:59:28
No, legal definitions with significantly different legal meanings.  Now the example was to demonstrate a point, but honestly, I don't think it is that different.  Running a bootlegging, for-profit business with actual exchange of money is one thing, but if we're strictly speaking the act of filesharing, I would certainly say that ripping the contents of a DVD onto the web and being fined 1.5 million dollars is roughly equivalent to 10 years for a burrito.

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 13054
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Tue, 09 Feb 2010 16:01:18

Yodariquo said:
Archangel3371 said: 
 

 Uh yeah. What exactly was in my post that suggested I wasn't calm? How in the world can intellectual property not be considered property? So you think someone can just take something and make an exact duplicate of it and sell it, give it away, or do whatever they want with it? Hell by those standards the person ripping it off doesn't even have to give the product a new name or make any changes whatsoever to it. Yay! I'm going to go out tomorrow and sell my own console that is exactly a Wii, I'll call it the Wii, it'll play everything that Nintendo's Wii can play, and do everything exactly like a Wii. Woo hoo I'll be rich. Nyaa Uh yeah that is exactly as ridiculous as it sounds.

And it's still copyright infringement (and in this case trademark infringement) and not theft.

 

Whatever. That's hardly an important issue as to my wording. It's still illegal. You people trying to rationalise this type of behavior astounds me. I spend a great deal of money on my entertainment and the thought that others feel they have a right to get it free sickens and disgusts me.

1176413.png

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 15953
News Posts: 1043
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 09 Feb 2010 16:01:37

Archangel3371 said:

And that makes it right how?

Well if the law doesn't matter then I'm not quite sure how taking 1.5million dollars of someone's money for the sake of revenge is morally acceptable.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46967
News Posts: 59765
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 09 Feb 2010 16:01:40

Archangel3371 said:

gamingeek said:


Archangel3371 said:



Ravenprose said:



gamingeek said:



Archangel3371 said:


Woah. Dead Space Extraction on XBLA/PSN for $15? I'd buy that.

How exactly would you play it on 360?




Natal, duh! Nyaa


Probably. I love my light-gun type games and I'm really itching for some to finally hit the 360.

But you'd have to pay for Natal. Why not just buy the Wii game when it hits a lower price?

Um I don't intend to buy Natal for just this game. I'm hoping it will facilitate other light-gun type games as well as any other type of game I'll want to get also.

If you love lightgun games so much, why haven't you bought the ones on Wii?

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 15089
News Posts: 2267
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 09 Feb 2010 16:06:41

gamingeek said:
Archangel3371 said:

Um I don't intend to buy Natal for just this game. I'm hoping it will facilitate other light-gun type games as well as any other type of game I'll want to get also.

If you love lightgun games so much, why haven't you bought the ones on Wii?

They're not HD, duh! Nyaa


Edited: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 16:08:41

The VG Press

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 13054
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Tue, 09 Feb 2010 16:07:07

Yodariquo said:
No, legal definitions with significantly different legal meanings.  Now the example was to demonstrate a point, but honestly, I don't think it is that different.  Running a bootlegging, for-profit business with actual exchange of money is one thing, but if we're strictly speaking the act of filesharing, I would certainly say that ripping the contents of a DVD onto the web and being fined 1.5 million dollars is roughly equivalent to 10 years for a burrito.

 

Maybe, maybe not but honestly I'm glad it's something so severe like this because the kind of attitude to this kind of behavior is that there is absolutely no fear at all of reprucussions. Hell most people don't even think it as a crime. People have more fear of actually going into a store and stealing a chocolate bar then they do of pirating software and I think that's wrong and it'll only get worse if that kind of attitude continues.

1176413.png

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 13054
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Tue, 09 Feb 2010 16:09:46

Foolz said:

Archangel3371 said:

And that makes it right how?

Well if the law doesn't matter then I'm not quite sure how taking 1.5million dollars of someone's money for the sake of revenge is morally acceptable.

 

LOL They're not "taking" 1.5 million dollars from someone for the sake of "revenge" it's a penalty for a crime that was committed.

1176413.png

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6408
News Posts: 412
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 09 Feb 2010 16:11:09
Archangel3371 said:

Yodariquo said:
Archangel3371 said: 
 

 Uh yeah. What exactly was in my post that suggested I wasn't calm? How in the world can intellectual property not be considered property? So you think someone can just take something and make an exact duplicate of it and sell it, give it away, or do whatever they want with it? Hell by those standards the person ripping it off doesn't even have to give the product a new name or make any changes whatsoever to it. Yay! I'm going to go out tomorrow and sell my own console that is exactly a Wii, I'll call it the Wii, it'll play everything that Nintendo's Wii can play, and do everything exactly like a Wii. Woo hoo I'll be rich. Nyaa Uh yeah that is exactly as ridiculous as it sounds.

And it's still copyright infringement (and in this case trademark infringement) and not theft.

 

Whatever. That's hardly an important issue as to my wording. It's still illegal. You people trying to rationalise this type of behavior astounds me. I spend a great deal of money on my entertainment and the thought that others feel they have a right to get it free sickens and disgusts me.

And as a result of me downloading the song Rhythm Emotion, I bought Ouendan and consequently Ouendan 2 and introduced me to Japanese music.  By watching Azumanga Daioh online, I now own that series on DVD, plus subsequently Maburaho, Gantz, Love Hina, Pani Poni Dash, Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex+2nd Gig, Cowboy Bebop.  By downloading Spirited Away, I now own it, and a dozen other Studio Ghibli films and plan on getting the rest.

It's not so damned linear, nor is it "oh it's illegal, therefore it's wrong."  Morality and legality are different things.  It's also pretty well impossible to realistically enforce either.  Oddly enough, I and I doubt Foolz are saying he shouldn't get any punishment whatsoever.  He uploaded one game, that's it.  That is it.  That is not enough to put a man into debt for the entirety of his life.  Sentencing must be proportionate; this is not.

/Off to class

Edited: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 16:11:53

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 13054
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Tue, 09 Feb 2010 16:13:28

Ravenprose said:

gamingeek said:


Archangel3371 said:

Um I don't intend to buy Natal for just this game. I'm hoping
it will facilitate other light-gun type games as well as any other type
of game I'll want to get also.

If you love lightgun games so much, why haven't you bought the ones on Wii?

They're not HD, duh! Nyaa


 

Well there is that. Nyaa There's also the fact that I love fighting games but I don't own them all, I love action games but I don't own them all, I love RPG's but I don't own them all, I love ... ah hell I'm sure you get the point. I did get RE: UC and may pick up RE: DSC someday.

1176413.png

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 15953
News Posts: 1043
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 09 Feb 2010 16:13:58

Archangel3371 said:

Foolz said:

Archangel3371 said:

And that makes it right how?

Well if the law doesn't matter then I'm not quite sure how taking 1.5million dollars of someone's money for the sake of revenge is morally acceptable.

LOL They're not "taking" 1.5 million dollars from someone for the sake of "revenge" it's a penalty for a crime that was committed.

No, but that is what you were implying you would like to do if a similar injustice was perpertrated against yourself. Nyaa

Though if was it a crime that Nintendo had to prosecute? It didn't say in the article. If it was thenI hope Nintendo weren't stupid enough to think that this will deter anyone and affect anyone except the guy the prosecuted. Revenge would be a much smarter motive. Nyaa

But anyway I thought your problem with this case was because of moral matters and not legalities.

And I should really go to bed!

Edited: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 16:15:18

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 15953
News Posts: 1043
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 09 Feb 2010 16:16:41
And for the serious part of my points just see what Yoda said. Nyaa

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 13054
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Tue, 09 Feb 2010 16:21:28

Yodariquo said:
Archangel3371 said:

Yodariquo said:
Archangel3371 said: 

 

 Uh yeah. What exactly was in my post that suggested I wasn't calm? How in the world can intellectual property not be considered property? So you think someone can just take something and make an exact duplicate of it and sell it, give it away, or do whatever they want with it? Hell by those standards the person ripping it off doesn't even have to give the product a new name or make any changes whatsoever to it. Yay! I'm going to go out tomorrow and sell my own console that is exactly a Wii, I'll call it the Wii, it'll play everything that Nintendo's Wii can play, and do everything exactly like a Wii. Woo hoo I'll be rich. Nyaa Uh yeah that is exactly as ridiculous as it sounds.

And it's still copyright infringement (and in this case trademark infringement) and not theft.

 

Whatever. That's hardly an important issue as to my wording. It's still illegal. You people trying to rationalise this type of behavior astounds me. I spend a great deal of money on my entertainment and the thought that others feel they have a right to get it free sickens and disgusts me.

And as a result of me downloading the song Rhythm Emotion, I bought Ouendan and consequently Ouendan 2 and introduced me to Japanese music.  By watching Azumanga Daioh online, I now own that series on DVD, plus subsequently Maburaho, Gantz, Love Hina, Pani Poni Dash, Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex+2nd Gig, Cowboy Bebop.  By downloading Spirited Away, I now own it, and a dozen other Studio Ghibli films and plan on getting the rest.


It's not so damned linear, nor is it "oh it's illegal, therefore it's wrong."  Morality and legality are different things.  It's also pretty well impossible to realistically enforce either.  Oddly enough, I and I doubt Foolz are saying he shouldn't get any punishment whatsoever.  He uploaded one game, that's it.  That is it.  That is not enough to put a man into debt for the entirety of his life.  Sentencing must be proportionate; this is not.


/Off to class

 

Well that's good of you to have purchased those and I think that is something more companies should provide as it could certainly be beneficial but that's up to them to provide not for someone else to decide. I seriously doubt that those who circumvent copyright protections are doing so out of the kindness of their hearts and want to promote the company and product so it garners better sales. Yeah I admit that this punishment is extreme but I still applaud it for the message that it sends and I really hope it has a serious impact of at least trying to slow down piracy.

1176413.png

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46967
News Posts: 59765
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 09 Feb 2010 16:25:30

Archangel3371 said:

Ravenprose said:

gamingeek said:


Archangel3371 said:

Um I don't intend to buy Natal for just this game. I'm hoping
it will facilitate other light-gun type games as well as any other type
of game I'll want to get also.

If you love lightgun games so much, why haven't you bought the ones on Wii?

They're not HD, duh! Nyaa


Well there is that. Nyaa There's also the fact that I love fighting games but I don't own them all, I love action games but I don't own them all, I love RPG's but I don't own them all, I love ... ah hell I'm sure you get the point. I did get RE: UC and may pick up RE: DSC someday.

Hmm, methinks there is more to it. How many action games do you own for instance?

Owning 1 lightgun game when you say you love them? You can count the number of good ones on one hand and you could own them all very easily and very cheaply.

2mcvj7p.gif

When Overkill is $13 on amazon and people still don't buy it, something's up.

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 13054
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Tue, 09 Feb 2010 16:27:17

Foolz said:

Archangel3371 said:

Foolz said:

Archangel3371 said:

And that makes it right how?

Well if the law doesn't matter then I'm not quite sure how taking 1.5million dollars of someone's money for the sake of revenge is morally acceptable.

LOL They're not "taking" 1.5 million dollars from someone for the sake of "revenge" it's a penalty for a crime that was committed.

No, but that is what you were implying you would like to do if a similar injustice was perpertrated against yourself. Nyaa

Though if was it a crime that Nintendo had to prosecute? It didn't say in the article. If it was thenI hope Nintendo weren't stupid enough to think that this will deter anyone and affect anyone except the guy the prosecuted. Revenge would be a much smarter motive. Nyaa

But anyway I thought your problem with this case was because of moral matters and not legalities.

And I should really go to bed!

 

No not about revenge. I just don't see why people should get this expectation that they can get this kind of stuff for free simply because of the nature of it's medium. Again while I think some things like this can benefit some companies and products that's up to them to decide and implement not someone else.

1176413.png

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 15089
News Posts: 2267
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 09 Feb 2010 16:30:29

gamingeek said:

When Overkill is $13 on amazon and people still don't buy it, something's up.

Yeah, Overkill sucks. Nyaa

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 15953
News Posts: 1043
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 09 Feb 2010 16:32:50

Archangel3371 said:

Foolz said:

Archangel3371 said:

Foolz said:

Archangel3371 said:

And that makes it right how?

Well if the law doesn't matter then I'm not quite sure how taking 1.5million dollars of someone's money for the sake of revenge is morally acceptable.

LOL They're not "taking" 1.5 million dollars from someone for the sake of "revenge" it's a penalty for a crime that was committed.

No, but that is what you were implying you would like to do if a similar injustice was perpertrated against yourself. Nyaa

Though if was it a crime that Nintendo had to prosecute? It didn't say in the article. If it was thenI hope Nintendo weren't stupid enough to think that this will deter anyone and affect anyone except the guy the prosecuted. Revenge would be a much smarter motive. Nyaa

But anyway I thought your problem with this case was because of moral matters and not legalities.

And I should really go to bed!

No not about revenge. I just don't see why people should get this expectation that they can get this kind of stuff for free simply because of the nature of it's medium. Again while I think some things like this can benefit some companies and products that's up to them to decide and implement not someone else.

Yet you won't be stopping anyone from getting it for free (hell, the guy might be fined 1.5million, but he's still free to upload or download more games!). Due to the nature of the medium it all so means you're not really going to be able to stop it or have any affect on pirates as a whole, only a small handful individuals.

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 13054
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Tue, 09 Feb 2010 16:34:42

gamingeek said:


Archangel3371 said:



Ravenprose said:





gamingeek said:


Archangel3371 said:

Um I don't intend to buy Natal for just this game. I'm hoping
it will facilitate other light-gun type games as well as any other type
of game I'll want to get also.

If you love lightgun games so much, why haven't you bought the ones on Wii?


They're not HD, duh! Nyaa




Well there is that. Nyaa There's also the fact that I love fighting games but I don't own them all, I love action games but I don't own them all, I love RPG's but I don't own them all, I love ... ah hell I'm sure you get the point. I did get RE: UC and may pick up RE: DSC someday.

Hmm, methinks there is more to it. How many action games do you own for instance?



Owning 1 lightgun game when you say you love them? You can count the number of good ones on one hand and you could own them all very easily and very cheaply.



2mcvj7p.gif


When Overkill is $13 on amazon and people still don't buy it, something's up.



 

LOL Nope it really is that simple. I don't know why it's so hard for you to grasp the concept of having a list of games that go in a descending order of priority. Nyaa Just because I didn't get Overkill doesn't mean I don't love lightgun style games. If I had unlimited funds I'd most likely have it but the RE franchise holds more weight for me so I got UC and may get DSC. There's tons of games I want to get but obviously won't get them all it just comes down to want I'm most craving when I go shopping.

1176413.png

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 13054
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Tue, 09 Feb 2010 16:36:52

Foolz said:

Archangel3371 said:

Foolz said:

Archangel3371 said:

Foolz said:

Archangel3371 said:

And that makes it right how?

Well if the law doesn't matter then I'm not quite sure how taking 1.5million dollars of someone's money for the sake of revenge is morally acceptable.

LOL They're not "taking" 1.5 million dollars from someone for the sake of "revenge" it's a penalty for a crime that was committed.

No, but that is what you were implying you would like to do if a similar injustice was perpertrated against yourself. Nyaa

Though if was it a crime that Nintendo had to prosecute? It didn't say in the article. If it was thenI hope Nintendo weren't stupid enough to think that this will deter anyone and affect anyone except the guy the prosecuted. Revenge would be a much smarter motive. Nyaa

But anyway I thought your problem with this case was because of moral matters and not legalities.

And I should really go to bed!

No not about revenge. I just don't see why people should get this expectation that they can get this kind of stuff for free simply because of the nature of it's medium. Again while I think some things like this can benefit some companies and products that's up to them to decide and implement not someone else.

Yet you won't be stopping anyone from getting it for free (hell, the guy might be fined 1.5million, but he's still free to upload or download more games!). Due to the nature of the medium it all so means you're not really going to be able to stop it or have any affect on pirates as a whole, only a small handful individuals.

 

Well they have to do something to at least slow it down. The numbers from bit torrent sites are reaching some pretty crazy levels.

1176413.png

<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
*crickets*
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?