Forum > Gaming Discussion > Who will win: Obama or McCain?
Who will win: Obama or McCain?
next >>
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 16196
News Posts: 1043
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 02 Nov 2008 06:31:00
+1

The American election is very reminiscent of the last Australian election where everyone was pretty pissed off with the government. The polls had the opposition winning by a landslide, and it seemed everyone was going to vote the government out. Of course when it came down to it the opposition did win, but not by a lot.

So I'll have to go with Obama, but not by the landslide that people are predicting.

Now excuse me while I go and kill myself becuase I made a thread on the Amrican election.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6467
News Posts: 413
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 02 Nov 2008 06:42:13
0

Nobody's predicting a landslide victory for Obama, but rather that the polls, while all close, are overwhelmingly in favour of Obama as they pretty much all have him ahead.

I'll just say let's hope Obama wins, because if McCain still manages to win after all this absurdity, something will likely die inside.

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: KW
Comments: 16471
News Posts: 2664
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 02 Nov 2008 06:48:25
0

McCain. Happy

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 47883
News Posts: 59772
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 02 Nov 2008 14:18:08
0

I think Obama may win. McCain is kinda old. I think most of the world outside the US want Obama to win just to see how the democrats may change things and normalise world relations. If that is possible. The world recession being caused by the failed US Sub-prime mortgage market still smarts too.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 15369
News Posts: 232
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 02 Nov 2008 16:14:13
0
Who will win? Not the people, that's for damn sure.

I love how prices on gas and shit are suddenly going down to closer to what they should be right now, with the election right around the corner. It kills me how these fake ass politrick-ians think people will suddenly vote for them because they stopped ripping them off for a few weeks. Happens every single time.

         1200923.png?77682175

avatar
Country: EU
Comments: 9423
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 02 Nov 2008 16:33:22
0

Who cares? Putin will school them both

School them both in Judo that is!

The VG Press
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6467
News Posts: 413
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 02 Nov 2008 16:51:34
0
Ah, finally a good place to post this.  Canadian comedians prank call Sarah Palin pretending to be French President Nicolas Sarkozy:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=UMV0LKlVj8I

Note for those who don't know French at all: The song that he says is called "Joe the Plumber" actually translates to "Lipstick on a Pig" LOL

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 1752
News Posts: 65
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 02 Nov 2008 17:27:49
0

Personally I dont' favor either canidates too much. But I am leaning with Obama because he actually supports looking into alternatives for gas. (Oh and while I haven't done my full research I do support his gun control stuff as well as abortion).

edgecrusher said:
Who will win? Not the people, that's for damn sure.

I love how prices on gas and shit are suddenly going down to closer to what they should be right now, with the election right around the corner. It kills me how these fake ass politrick-ians think people will suddenly vote for them because they stopped ripping them off for a few weeks. Happens every single time.

That's what happened last election. Though I don't remember it going down this much. It's sad though. Most people want change but they're too lazy to do something about it.

Edited: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 17:28:52

One of the site's forefathers.

Play fighting games!

avatar
Country: EU
Comments: 9423
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 02 Nov 2008 17:34:19
0
yodariquo said:
Ah, finally a good place to post this.  Canadian comedians prank call Sarah Palin pretending to be French President Nicolas Sarkozy:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=UMV0LKlVj8I

Note for those who don't know French at all: The song that he says is called "Joe the Plumber" actually translates to "Lipstick on a Pig" LOL

Did you hear them say a documantary of Sarah Palin, called nailing Palin?!  Laughing I really need to see that documantary Wink

Check this out

The VG Press
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31700
News Posts: 1717
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sun, 02 Nov 2008 19:17:18

I love that Palin chart, lol.

I think Obama is going to win but not by much. I dont care for either canidate but I do think we need to change things up a bit.

660896.png
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 47883
News Posts: 59772
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 02 Nov 2008 19:19:43

Who are you guys voting for? I need to tally some votes.

avatar
Country: EU
Comments: 9423
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 02 Nov 2008 19:24:17

I am voting for.......

Obama girl

The VG Press
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31700
News Posts: 1717
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sun, 02 Nov 2008 20:15:33

Im with Iga.

Ok I am normally republican, but I will be voting obama.

660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 1752
News Posts: 65
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 02 Nov 2008 20:23:05
Dvader said:

I love that Palin chart, lol.

I think Obama is going to win but not by much. I dont care for either canidate but I do think we need to change things up a bit.

Agreed. I'd much rather take a gamble with "change" then continue down a spiral of failure.

One of the site's forefathers.

Play fighting games!

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 47883
News Posts: 59772
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 02 Nov 2008 20:46:11
Dvader said:

Im with Iga.

Ok I am normally republican, but I will be voting obama.

So why the change?

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 1752
News Posts: 65
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 02 Nov 2008 21:05:17
gamingeek said:
Dvader said:

Im with Iga.

Ok I am normally republican, but I will be voting obama.

So why the change?

One of the site's forefathers.

Play fighting games!

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31700
News Posts: 1717
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sun, 02 Nov 2008 22:41:34
gamingeek said:
Dvader said:

Im with Iga.

Ok I am normally republican, but I will be voting obama.

So why the change?

You kind of hit on it on your earlier post. we have been in a bad spot, some brand new blood should help.

660896.png
avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 654
News Posts: 6
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 03 Nov 2008 01:32:17

Back when Ron Paul was still in the race, I only saw Obama as a "lesser of two evils", but lately I have begun to see him as potentially a great new change in leadership for America. (Okay, Barack Roll and Can't Stop Barack videos on Youtube swayed me.)

On the other hand, I feel that the bedroom racism of Americans may be creating a strong enough Bradley Effect that Obama appears to be well ahead in the polls, but in fact McCain will somehow win.

I'd take Yodariquo's comments a step further and not only will something inside me die if McCain wins, but I will probably lose hope in humanity entirely again for quite a while. It will also mark at least 25% of Americans as literally retarded in my eyes.

Edited: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 02:07:45

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6467
News Posts: 413
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 03 Nov 2008 01:38:16
yarcofin said:

Back when Ron Paul was still in the race, I only saw Obama as a "lesser of two evils", but lately I have begun to see him as potentially a great new change in leadership for America. (Okay, Barack Roll and Can't Stop Barack videos on Youtube swayed me.)

On the other hand, I feel that the bedroom racism of Americans may be creating a strong enough Bradley Effect that Obama appears to be well ahead in the polls, but in fact McCain will somehow win.

I'd take Yodariquo's comments a step further and not only will something inside me die if McCain wins, but I will probably lose hope in humanity entirely again for quite a while. It will also mark at least 25% of Americans as literally retarded in my eyes.

There are two main issues I've had with Obama:

1 - Doing speeches at churches, and his church/state speech therein.  It's not a "balance" between church and state, there is no compromise -- the only solution that is actually fair to all is absolute secularity on the part of the government.

2 - FISA.  He voted for FISA

However, anything short of catostrophic failure is an immense improvement in American leadership.

EDIT: wait,

3 - His healthcare plan is hardly a solution

4 - Instead of years in Iraq, years in Afghanistan is just dandy for him

Edited: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 01:57:15

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 16196
News Posts: 1043
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 03 Nov 2008 04:33:27
Yodariquo said:
Ah, finally a good place to post this.  Canadian comedians prank call Sarah Palin pretending to be French President Nicolas Sarkozy:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=UMV0LKlVj8I

Note for those who don't know French at all: The song that he says is called "Joe the Plumber" actually translates to "Lipstick on a Pig" LOL

Ouch! LOL

next >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
*crickets*
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?