Forum > Gaming Discussion > What's your favourite non-story event moment from Breath of the Wild?
What's your favourite non-story event moment from Breath of the Wild?
next >>
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 42914
News Posts: 54170
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 04 Jul 2017 14:10:01
0

Mine is probably the Thunder Plateau.

So weird, you enter this weird bog/forest of weirdly shaped structures, then press further and suddenly it's a permanent dark lightning storm and you're being attacked from all angles whilst trying to get those orbs up onto the plateau.

And you know what, I had the same problem yesterday when I had to get a rock up a platform when I realised that I never, ever used the octorok balloon thing to float things once in the game. Probably because I always ditch the korok leaves for better weapons.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 11157
News Posts: 217
Joined: 2008-07-03
 
Tue, 04 Jul 2017 14:40:01
0

I love the whole Hyrule Castle.  I know it's part of the story, but I explored it for hours from the top at Zelda's tower to the mines and prison area. There are so many secrets and it feels exactly like a Zelda castle should.  I'm almost positive that I haven't found everything in there.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 4340
News Posts: 262
Joined: 2013-06-11
 
Tue, 04 Jul 2017 14:42:01
0

Off the top of my head it must have been catching that giant horse.  I couldn't get near it, so I climbed a baobab and soared down to drop straight onto its back.  He never saw me coming.  Nyaa

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 42914
News Posts: 54170
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 04 Jul 2017 14:46:30
0
SupremeAC said:

Off the top of my head it must have been catching that giant horse.  I couldn't get near it, so I climbed a baobab and soared down to drop straight onto its back.  He never saw me coming.  Nyaa

I did that too.

travo said:

I love the whole Hyrule Castle.  I know it's part of the story, but I explored it for hours from the top at Zelda's tower to the mines and prison area. There are so many secrets and it feels exactly like a Zelda castle should.  I'm almost positive that I haven't found everything in there.

Yes that was my favourite part of the game, but its a story bit so I didn't count it here. I loved going back in fully powered up and destroying Guardians with Ancient arrows and using Kiltons masks to get close to bad guys and finishing them off. Have you tried climbing the towers of hyrule castle? It's worth it.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 42914
News Posts: 54170
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 04 Jul 2017 14:47:40
0

Also what is your least favourite part of the game?

Mine is the two horse riding minigames, one with arrows, one jumping hurdles. They are broken/unfair/buggy/impossible.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 4340
News Posts: 262
Joined: 2013-06-11
 
Tue, 04 Jul 2017 15:24:09
0

I've only beat the hurdles one so far.  I wasn't fond of the island where it's pitch black.  I found it very disorienting, some level of direction by the developers would have been welcome.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 11157
News Posts: 217
Joined: 2008-07-03
 
Tue, 04 Jul 2017 16:22:32
0

That island was fantastic.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 10151
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Tue, 04 Jul 2017 19:08:15
0
SupremeAC said:

I've only beat the hurdles one so far.  I wasn't fond of the island where it's pitch black.  I found it very disorienting, some level of direction by the developers would have been welcome.

If you notice the statues there they will point in the direction to go.

179417.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 11157
News Posts: 217
Joined: 2008-07-03
 
Tue, 04 Jul 2017 20:42:09
0

I think I had a fire sword and just burned a bunch of grass to find my way until I found a torch.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 4340
News Posts: 262
Joined: 2013-06-11
 
Tue, 04 Jul 2017 23:04:58
+2
Shut up you and all your logic!
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 11157
News Posts: 217
Joined: 2008-07-03
 
Tue, 04 Jul 2017 23:35:36

I think finding Lon Lon Ranch destroyed was a pretty cool and emotional area to discover.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 42914
News Posts: 54170
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 05 Jul 2017 10:32:01
Archangel3371 said:

If you notice the statues there they will point in the direction to go.

Not to mention you can also revali jump straight over the first wall and skip right to the end lol.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 4340
News Posts: 262
Joined: 2013-06-11
 
Wed, 05 Jul 2017 11:02:11
travo said:

I think finding Lon Lon Ranch destroyed was a pretty cool and emotional area to discover.

Hmmm.  I don't think I noticed whatever-it-was was supposed to be Lon Lon Ranch.

gamingeek said:
Not to mention you can also revali jump straight over the first wall and skip right to the end lol.

Didn't have the jump when I stumbled upon the island.  I also switched the Goron Shield thing off.  Felt too much like cheating.  Never used the Gerudo thing either.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 11157
News Posts: 217
Joined: 2008-07-03
 
Wed, 05 Jul 2017 13:32:41

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 4340
News Posts: 262
Joined: 2013-06-11
 
Wed, 05 Jul 2017 13:37:50

It's making me feel sad right now.  Sad

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 42914
News Posts: 54170
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 05 Jul 2017 16:45:17
SupremeAC said:

Didn't have the jump when I stumbled upon the island.  I also switched the Goron Shield thing off.  Felt too much like cheating.  Never used the Gerudo thing either.

You can switch these things off??

The gerudo thing activates whenever I hold the attack button for a charge. And I do that a lot to kill Hinox and large bands of enemies inside skulls.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 42914
News Posts: 54170
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 05 Jul 2017 16:53:14

Who's been playing this since the DLC landed? I have found upwards of 80 new Korok seeds using the Mask and Map update. The map update is invaluable, it has led me to areas I have never been too or seen before. There are so many hidden pockets of activity in this game. I also completed the Trials begginer set.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 42914
News Posts: 54170
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 05 Jul 2017 20:05:35

Doing the medium trials, what the heck? That pitch black room filled with lizards with fire and bomb arrows wtf??

I was being shot by people I couldn't see. And the stasis filter doesn't work there either.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 29944
News Posts: 1703
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Wed, 05 Jul 2017 21:03:20

Eventide island for sure, totally unique original trial for a zelda game. I like that the DLC trials take after  it. Dark island was great. Gerudo desert with the giant mini bosses was great.

660896.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 29944
News Posts: 1703
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Wed, 05 Jul 2017 21:28:18

Oh the wind tunnel rock puzzle in the valley, that was a great discovery.

660896.png
next >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
travo (7s) SteelAttack (2m)
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?