Forum > Podcasts > The Press Room Podcast Thread
The Press Room Podcast Thread
<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6343
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 23 Oct 2009 21:33:39
Dvader said:

Yodariquo said:
Both this week and next week.  You're always 50/50.

I like to keep you on your toes.

So is Euro podcast dead?

No, they just weren't doing one this week (can't expect initial consistency), and then next week is the one year anniversary show, which we have to do.

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 2701
News Posts: 277
Joined: 2008-07-12
 
Fri, 23 Oct 2009 21:34:57

Yodariquo said:
Dvader said:

Yodariquo said:
Both this week and next week.  You're always 50/50.

I like to keep you on your toes.

So is Euro podcast dead?

No, they just weren't doing one this week (can't expect initial consistency), and then next week is the one year anniversary show, which we have to do.

 I had a feeling we were close. I can remember the podcast we did where I told Vader that I had played Resident Evil 5 before him, it's been almost a year since that.

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 18065
News Posts: 8760
Joined: 2008-08-18
 
Sat, 24 Oct 2009 01:14:51
Liked the most recent podcast, too bad the NPD's were not out.

On the most recent podcast:
  1. Yoda asks what it is called when a mailman robs from himself? Mail masturbation  of course.
  2. The NeoGeo Pocket has a very good analog stick -- and the sstem is no brick, it's about the same dimensions as a Gameboy Color.
  3. The eye was $50 at launch and came with EyeToy.  I have all the Eyetoy games -- Sony really did invent motion detection games -- they work quite well.
  4. Uncharted 2 has superior hand-to-hand combat over the first one. It's basically triangle to counter, X to punch. The first one was more of a combo system (like SQ, SQ, SQ, Tr, SQ.  Also, David made a good point about this game being more vertical.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sat, 24 Oct 2009 01:36:26

darthhomer said:

Yodariquo said:
Dvader said:

Yodariquo said:
Both this week and next week.  You're always 50/50.

I like to keep you on your toes.

So is Euro podcast dead?

No, they just weren't doing one this week (can't expect initial consistency), and then next week is the one year anniversary show, which we have to do.

I had a feeling we were close. I can remember the podcast we did where I told Vader that I had played Resident Evil 5 before him, it's been almost a year since that.

We have been doing a podcast for a year, wow. Time flies.

660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6343
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 24 Oct 2009 01:53:36
aspro said:
  1. The NeoGeo Pocket has a very good analog stick -- and the sstem is no brick, it's about the same dimensions as a Gameboy Color. 

 I had the right image in mind, just not scale.  But that brings me to a question I didn't think of at the time, though, and is that is it actually an analogue stick, or just an 8-directional digital joystick?  My expectation would be the latter, but I don't know.

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 18065
News Posts: 8760
Joined: 2008-08-18
 
Sat, 24 Oct 2009 02:23:58

Yodariquo said:
aspro said:
  1. The NeoGeo Pocket has a very good analog stick -- and the sstem is no brick, it's about the same dimensions as a Gameboy Color.

I had the right image in mind, just not scale.  But that brings me to a question I didn't think of at the time, though, and is that is it actually an analogue stick, or just an 8-directional digital joystick?  My expectation would be the latter, but I don't know.

I call any stick analog (because I'm an idiot). But let me test it...

(time passes)

It's hard to tell with the games that are on the system, but it clicks in 8 different positions (it's very satisfying).

Edited: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 02:39:46

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 15743
News Posts: 1040
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 24 Oct 2009 04:36:09

We should do a game of the Podcast year. FIFA would win it, though. Nyaa

Damn, though, a year? Fark.

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46253
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 24 Oct 2009 12:24:08
There will be a one year anniversary Animal Crossing podcast in December, mark my words bitches.

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 18065
News Posts: 8760
Joined: 2008-08-18
 
Sun, 25 Oct 2009 02:24:58
Tiki Room note for vader. I can't remember the lyrics, but I often recall my own version which includes:

"Don't take drugs, stay in school,
In the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room..."

(I used to live near Disneyland, Tiki Room was my favorite (drunk) "ride".

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sun, 25 Oct 2009 03:33:05
Will be on around 1am.
660896.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 2701
News Posts: 277
Joined: 2008-07-12
 
Tue, 27 Oct 2009 04:40:44
Part sent!

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Wed, 28 Oct 2009 14:29:18
Lets try this again, here is my part, http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NMND458S

Success.
Edited: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 14:29:40
660896.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 2701
News Posts: 277
Joined: 2008-07-12
 
Wed, 28 Oct 2009 21:05:50
It's looking more and more like I can't make Sunday - I've been asked to go on stage and do a podcast then!

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6343
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 28 Oct 2009 22:32:39
Anyone notice that I edit, upload and post the entire podcast in less time that it takes the rest of you to get me your parts?

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 15743
News Posts: 1040
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 29 Oct 2009 03:42:43
Sorry about that, I'll upload it today.

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 15743
News Posts: 1040
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 29 Oct 2009 10:10:30
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WPNOIPQN

There we go.

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9410
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 30 Oct 2009 10:07:08

Listening to the podcast now

Wow, I was rickrolled!

Wow, infinite GGweekly

LKS talk, go Foolz!

Uncharted 2 talk. Chokers?! You can't do nothing. Double negative FTW.

Brutal Legend talk, don't rent it Vader, buy LKS instead!

Mario and Luigi talk. LOL at Vader's Ooo-ooo-ooo. 

Mario and Luigi charted in Japan too, why is everyone surprised it sold well? The previous two were million sellers. 

Sonic talk, blerghh

LOL at Homer calling pro wrestling a sport

Uncharted 2 talk, stop listening to Sessler and Webb, dammit. 

NPD talk: Mario and Luigi is not surprising you dolts.

Left 4 Dead talk: Australia sucks.

Call of Duty talk: don't rent it, buy LKS instead. 

Yep Trackmania is indeed better than the coma induced games like Forza and Gran Turismo

Eurogamer gave New Super Mario Bros Wii the E3 game of the show. 

Toyota executive LOL

 







The VG Press
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46253
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 30 Oct 2009 11:22:47

I listened, liked the Carmen San Diago talk and Pachterwatch the best. As well as the end music, what is that? That girl says Trolling so well.

Yodariquo those Avatar screens were real, you can check out the HD videos on IGN. As I said, less than zero interest from me but visually its pretty great and at a steady framerate.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14646
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 30 Oct 2009 12:20:03
Forza 3 pwns all! Woot!


Edited: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 14:51:49

The VG Press

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6343
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 30 Oct 2009 18:59:53
gamingeek said:

I listened, liked the Carmen San Diago talk and Pachterwatch the best. As well as the end music, what is that? That girl says Trolling so well.

Yodariquo those Avatar screens were real, you can check out the HD videos on IGN. As I said, less than zero interest from me but visually its pretty great and at a steady framerate.

Her-name-is-Boxxy

Compared to the video I have the screens are clearly touched up.

darthhomer said:
It's looking more and more like I can't make Sunday - I've been asked to go on stage and do a podcast then!

Here's why we need to make a profit: So we can have darthhomer work for us instead!

Who else do we have for this week -- it's The VG Press 1 year anniversary after all!

Edited: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 19:04:28

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
*crickets*
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?