Forum > Podcasts > The Press Room Podcast Thread
The Press Room Podcast Thread
<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 31393
News Posts: 1717
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Thu, 15 Oct 2009 08:42:04
Make it later and I have a better chance of getting on. Make it friday and I most definetly can get on.
660896.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 31393
News Posts: 1717
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Thu, 15 Oct 2009 08:44:39

Yodariquo said:
gamingeek said:

I understand what you guys are saying

No you don't.  It's NOT the repetitiveness of killing the enemies the same way.  It's that, no matter what way you kill them, it's still not entertaining.  The camera is broken and the combat is clunky.  The mechanics are broken.  It's not fun to kill them the first time.  The fact that regardless of how you kill them, it's still going through the same motions anyway just craps it off.

This, I am playing it how you describe GG, but even like that there are still only a few different ways to kill enemies. Sure there maybe many different animations going on but when you break it down most of the time you are just grabing an enemy and shoving him into something, or grabbing a weapon and shoving it into the enemy. It gets repetitive cause there is not much depth to it. I don't find the combat to be that engaging.

660896.png
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 47017
News Posts: 59765
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 15 Oct 2009 10:04:25

Dvader said:

Yodariquo said:
gamingeek said:

I understand what you guys are saying

No you don't.  It's NOT the repetitiveness of killing the enemies the same way.  It's that, no matter what way you kill them, it's still not entertaining.  The camera is broken and the combat is clunky.  The mechanics are broken.  It's not fun to kill them the first time.  The fact that regardless of how you kill them, it's still going through the same motions anyway just craps it off.

This, I am playing it how you describe GG, but even like that there are still only a few different ways to kill enemies. Sure there maybe many different animations going on but when you break it down most of the time you are just grabing an enemy and shoving him into something, or grabbing a weapon and shoving it into the enemy. It gets repetitive cause there is not much depth to it. I don't find the combat to be that engaging.

I agree the combat isn't even as good as something like NMH. You can't even defend in Madworld. But the game doesn't live and die on its combat and its the overall atmosphere, visuals, music and story which combine with the slaughter to make it around an 8/10 game IMO.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 2701
News Posts: 277
Joined: 2008-07-12
 
Thu, 15 Oct 2009 10:27:17
Reorganize it without me, I'm out. Got shifted.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 15965
News Posts: 1043
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 15 Oct 2009 10:52:58

We desperately need that advertisement money so that Darth can quit his job.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6431
News Posts: 412
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 15 Oct 2009 15:04:48
darthhomer said:
Reorganize it without me, I'm out. Got shifted.

ARGH!

Alright, let's go back to the usual time then of
1:00 EST
12:00 CDT
16:00 EDT

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 31393
News Posts: 1717
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Fri, 16 Oct 2009 18:46:35

Yodariquo said:
darthhomer said:
Reorganize it without me, I'm out. Got shifted.

ARGH!

Alright, let's go back to the usual time then of
1:00 EST
12:00 CDT
16:00 EDT

Better.

660896.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 31393
News Posts: 1717
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Fri, 16 Oct 2009 18:47:48

gamingeek said:

Dvader said:

Yodariquo said:
gamingeek said:

I understand what you guys are saying

No you don't.  It's NOT the repetitiveness of killing the enemies the same way.  It's that, no matter what way you kill them, it's still not entertaining.  The camera is broken and the combat is clunky.  The mechanics are broken.  It's not fun to kill them the first time.  The fact that regardless of how you kill them, it's still going through the same motions anyway just craps it off.

This, I am playing it how you describe GG, but even like that there are still only a few different ways to kill enemies. Sure there maybe many different animations going on but when you break it down most of the time you are just grabing an enemy and shoving him into something, or grabbing a weapon and shoving it into the enemy. It gets repetitive cause there is not much depth to it. I don't find the combat to be that engaging.

I agree the combat isn't even as good as something like NMH. You can't even defend in Madworld. But the game doesn't live and die on its combat and its the overall atmosphere, visuals, music and story which combine with the slaughter to make it around an 8/10 game IMO.

I gave it an 8/10. I agree with you. I like it, its just not that good an action game, its a good something, its unique, its interesting, but not a good action game.

660896.png
avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9419
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 16 Oct 2009 18:53:16

Dvader said:

Yodariquo said:
darthhomer said:
Reorganize it without me, I'm out. Got shifted.

ARGH!

Alright, let's go back to the usual time then of
1:00 EST
12:00 CDT
16:00 EDT

Better.

 How about?

8:00 Iga time

2:00 Vader time

18:00 Foolz time

The VG Press
avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9419
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 16 Oct 2009 18:55:52

Dvader said:

gamingeek said:

Dvader said:

Yodariquo said:
gamingeek said:

I understand what you guys are saying

No you don't.  It's NOT the repetitiveness of killing the enemies the same way.  It's that, no matter what way you kill them, it's still not entertaining.  The camera is broken and the combat is clunky.  The mechanics are broken.  It's not fun to kill them the first time.  The fact that regardless of how you kill them, it's still going through the same motions anyway just craps it off.

This, I am playing it how you describe GG, but even like that there are still only a few different ways to kill enemies. Sure there maybe many different animations going on but when you break it down most of the time you are just grabing an enemy and shoving him into something, or grabbing a weapon and shoving it into the enemy. It gets repetitive cause there is not much depth to it. I don't find the combat to be that engaging.

I agree the combat isn't even as good as something like NMH. You can't even defend in Madworld. But the game doesn't live and die on its combat and its the overall atmosphere, visuals, music and story which combine with the slaughter to make it around an 8/10 game IMO.

I gave it an 8/10. I agree with you. I like it, its just not that good an action game, its a good something, its unique, its interesting, but not a good action game.

 It's a beat-em-up like Final Fight. 

Simple fighting system      check

No blocking                         check

Elevator level                      check

See?! Beat-em-up


The VG Press
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6431
News Posts: 412
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 16 Oct 2009 19:23:54
Iga_Bobovic said:

 How about?

8:00 Iga time

2:00 Vader time

18:00 Foolz time

 Melbourne would be 17:00 by that schedule.  I can do that if the others can.

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9419
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 16 Oct 2009 19:35:55

Yodariquo said:
Iga_Bobovic said:

 How about?

8:00 Iga time

2:00 Vader time

18:00 Foolz time

 Melbourne would be 17:00 by that schedule.  I can do that if the others can.

 What day is it anyways? The podcast I mean!

The VG Press
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6431
News Posts: 412
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 16 Oct 2009 21:12:13
Sunday! Sunday!  SUNDAY!

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 2701
News Posts: 277
Joined: 2008-07-12
 
Fri, 16 Oct 2009 22:29:34
Given the recent news, this needs to be the opening/closing theme.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 31393
News Posts: 1717
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Fri, 16 Oct 2009 23:01:27

Yodariquo said:
Iga_Bobovic said:

How about?

8:00 Iga time

2:00 Vader time

18:00 Foolz time

Melbourne would be 17:00 by that schedule.  I can do that if the others can.

The later the better. 2am sounds good.

660896.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 15965
News Posts: 1043
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 17 Oct 2009 02:57:05

darthhomer said:
Given the recent news, this needs to be the opening/closing theme.

 That's the closing them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w2fi_f5OLY&feature=related

That's the opening one?!

That time sounds fine.

Edited: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 02:57:42

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 47017
News Posts: 59765
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 17 Oct 2009 12:37:11

Dvader said:

gamingeek said:

Dvader said:

Yodariquo said:
gamingeek said:

I understand what you guys are saying

No you don't.  It's NOT the repetitiveness of killing the enemies the same way.  It's that, no matter what way you kill them, it's still not entertaining.  The camera is broken and the combat is clunky.  The mechanics are broken.  It's not fun to kill them the first time.  The fact that regardless of how you kill them, it's still going through the same motions anyway just craps it off.

This, I am playing it how you describe GG, but even like that there are still only a few different ways to kill enemies. Sure there maybe many different animations going on but when you break it down most of the time you are just grabing an enemy and shoving him into something, or grabbing a weapon and shoving it into the enemy. It gets repetitive cause there is not much depth to it. I don't find the combat to be that engaging.

I agree the combat isn't even as good as something like NMH. You can't even defend in Madworld. But the game doesn't live and die on its combat and its the overall atmosphere, visuals, music and story which combine with the slaughter to make it around an 8/10 game IMO.

I gave it an 8/10. I agree with you. I like it, its just not that good an action game, its a good something, its unique, its interesting, but not a good action game.

Yeah I agree. It's not fast enough or responsive enough to be a good action game. But overall its a good experience. I think being able to hold onto unbreakable weapons and switch between them at will would help. As well has having a few more special moves, some decent aerial attacks.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 2701
News Posts: 277
Joined: 2008-07-12
 
Tue, 20 Oct 2009 01:42:06
Where are dem files?

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6431
News Posts: 412
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 20 Oct 2009 01:56:05
FIIILLEEEESS
FIILLLEEEESSSS

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9419
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 20 Oct 2009 03:07:33

Here you go!

I tried it yesterday twice, but it did not work then.

The VG Press
<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
travo (7s)
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?