Forum > Podcasts > The Press Room Podcast Thread
The Press Room Podcast Thread
<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6343
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 16 May 2009 06:09:46
Dvader said:

Wii Sports outsold RE... Sad Wii Sports is a pack-in, it DOES NOT COUNT.

 Just give Wii Fit another year Nyaa

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6343
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 16 May 2009 06:11:55
Ah yes, one more thing.  I've been considering the concept of posting clips on Youtube.  If anyone thinks a specific segment/section is particularly good, pass it along and we can start this.

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 18065
News Posts: 8760
Joined: 2008-08-18
 
Sat, 16 May 2009 08:16:44
Yodariquo said:
I always like the feedback on the podcast; it keeps it from feeling narcissistic.

For the podcast, I'd like to see ideas on how to infuse more personality into it.  While it's gotten pretty solid, as is it in many ways comes across as "just another gaming podcast."  Not inherently a bad thing, but I think we can do more.

Each of the participants has an abundance of personality.  I mean I don't want to leave anyone out, but each of you are already so far ahead in terms of your own thing that you don't really need to change anything.

I'd perhaps profer that you can skip the areas that are cliche in gaming podcasts in which you are not so great (like Now Playing).  The more in depth sections of the podcast are the best.  Like the discussions in the last podcast. Or start a "Thread of the Week" section that highlights the topic rasied in the most active thread of the last 7 days.

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 18065
News Posts: 8760
Joined: 2008-08-18
 
Sat, 16 May 2009 08:18:48

Also, you guys crack up Mrs. Aspro as muych as you do me.

avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9411
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 16 May 2009 08:24:51

aspro73 said:

Each of the participants has an abundance of personality.  

No I don't

The VG Press
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 15745
News Posts: 1040
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 16 May 2009 08:26:41

Iga_Bobovic said:

aspro73 said:

Each of the participants has an abundance of personality.  

No I don't

 You have a lot of personality for a robot.

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 18065
News Posts: 8760
Joined: 2008-08-18
 
Sat, 16 May 2009 08:35:00
Foolz said:

Iga_Bobovic said:

aspro73 said:

Each of the participants has an abundance of personality.  

No I don't

You have a lot of personality for a robot.

That's what I meant to say.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sat, 16 May 2009 08:52:34

lol ^

The problem with now playing is that we almost are never playing the same thing. One person talking about a game isnt that fun, I much rather have a discussion or debate with someone else on that game. And i feel it should be a new game, like discuss the big new game of the month. Like when Punch-Out or Infamous hit we should have more than one person who played it on to actually discuss it.

660896.png
avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Sat, 16 May 2009 16:31:17
Yeah, let's change the WAYP topic for a new one this podcast. 
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6343
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 16 May 2009 18:35:59
aspro73 said:
Yodariquo said:
I always like the feedback on the podcast; it keeps it from feeling narcissistic.

For the podcast, I'd like to see ideas on how to infuse more personality into it.  While it's gotten pretty solid, as is it in many ways comes across as "just another gaming podcast."  Not inherently a bad thing, but I think we can do more.

Each of the participants has an abundance of personality.  I mean I don't want to leave anyone out, but each of you are already so far ahead in terms of your own thing that you don't really need to change anything.

I'd perhaps profer that you can skip the areas that are cliche in gaming podcasts in which you are not so great (like Now Playing).  The more in depth sections of the podcast are the best.  Like the discussions in the last podcast. Or start a "Thread of the Week" section that highlights the topic rasied in the most active thread of the last 7 days.

Well that's precisely the point.  As is, the only recurring themes are Now Playing, Wish You Were Playing, and News.  News is a given for the site, and I like the nature of What You Wish You Were Playing.  Aside from that, I'd like to see some branching out.

We did actually start doing the forum focus, but with the change in hosts/timing it's kind of gotten lost in the shuffle.  It needs to come back.

Edited: Sat, 16 May 2009 18:37:10

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6343
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 16 May 2009 19:22:01
We're within 12 hours of the podcasts with nobody commiting and no mention of times.  I suppose expect the usual time.

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Sat, 16 May 2009 19:23:43

Yodariquo said:
We're within 12 hours of the podcasts with nobody commiting and no mention of times.  I suppose expect the usual time.

 I'll try to be around the usual time. Have to work tomorrow. 

avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9411
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 16 May 2009 19:58:59

No podcast's for me anymore.

Last time I already had problems hearing you guys and we had to restart. I will be only holding you guys back. 

And besides HapticMaster's do not build control systems themselves.

The VG Press
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sat, 16 May 2009 21:20:13

Usual time is fine by me.

Iga, what? You were great in the last podcast, you cant leave.

660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6343
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 16 May 2009 21:36:20
Iga_Bobovic said:

No podcast's for me anymore.

Last time I already had problems hearing you guys and we had to restart. I will be only holding you guys back. 

And besides HapticMaster's do not build control systems themselves.

We were spread across Canada, Mexico, Holland and Australia.  The problem, if anywhere, was with Skype keeping up.  And once we get consistently reliable with the individual recording, we'll be looking into other services anyway.

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 2701
News Posts: 277
Joined: 2008-07-12
 
Sat, 16 May 2009 23:01:36

Yodariquo said:
We're within 12 hours of the podcasts with nobody commiting and no mention of times.  I suppose expect the usual time.

 Usual time also.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sun, 17 May 2009 03:32:05
Today I heard GG's voice in Animal Crossing, so I know he is not a mute. He has no excuse, get your ass on one of these podcasts.
660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 14648
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 17 May 2009 04:56:42

Dvader said:
Today I heard GG's voice in Animal Crossing, so I know he is not a mute. He has no excuse, get your ass on one of these podcasts.

It think it's fair to say he's just not interested. If GG actually wanted to be in the podcast, he would've done so by now.

I doubt I'll be in another one myself. It was certainly fun, but it's really not my thing. I vastly prefer writing posts where I can take my time to gather my thoughts/opinions, and do any necessary research before hand. Podcasts don't really allow for that much.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 2701
News Posts: 277
Joined: 2008-07-12
 
Sun, 17 May 2009 05:12:43
...Where is everyone?

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6343
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 17 May 2009 05:18:57
darthhomer said:
...Where is everyone?

Poland

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
*crickets*
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?