Forum > Podcasts > The Press Room Podcast Thread
The Press Room Podcast Thread
<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6467
News Posts: 413
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 07 Jan 2010 23:34:07
Two weird things about the podcast:
1 - Walter Cronkite died last year.
2 - That was one ridiculously long musical interlude for The Galop.

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31731
News Posts: 1717
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Fri, 08 Jan 2010 02:57:42

Yodariquo said:
Two weird things about the podcast:
1 - Walter Cronkite died last year.
.

I cant believe I didnt even pick up on that. I would have said something about him being a zombie.

660896.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 16217
News Posts: 1043
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 08 Jan 2010 03:03:03

Yodariquo said:
Two weird things about the podcast:
1 - Walter Cronkite died last year.
2 - That was one ridiculously long musical interlude for The Galop.

Yes, but LKS won GOTY so I thought it deserved it .Nyaa

Also you can blame Wesker for that beeping.

avatar
Country: EU
Comments: 9423
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 08 Jan 2010 09:45:26

Listening to the podcast now

LOL did Vader make the bombing noises, they are horrible

Wandy Clause is stomping your faces

But Vader Galaxy has cube worlds, donut worlds, bean shaped worlds, apple shaped worlds.

It won't ever come in the USA, import it Vader

NSMBWii could reach 20 million worldwide.

Friend collection has the best legs ever.  It is Animal Crossing with Mii characters.

There is no 360 FFXIII in Japan. And Vader FFXIII is very front loaded. Two millions is about right compared to other Final Fantasy's.

Man you guys are pretty ignorant about Japan LOL

Wii GoTY is a joke in most site

IGN gave Conduit a higher score than LKS LOL

Yessssssss at LKS

Do what you want cause a pirate is free, you are a pirate

Wow Can-Can! Yessssssssss

What is that ticking noise?

Oh it was a phone call

WESKER!!

This is the 3rd LKS song in the podcast, is it not, Foolz?

Silence Foolz, you are wrong! Futuristic Zelda, no way!

The world will end in 2012, so no new console cycle

EA has no money

LOL Pachter

Modern Warfare Zelda, do not even joke about it!

Using a penis for a gun? How would you pull the trigger?

LOL at the ending

Edited: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 09:45:55
The VG Press
avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 19071
News Posts: 9098
Joined: 2008-08-18
 
Fri, 08 Jan 2010 09:56:51

Listening. 3 minutes in. Love the intro.

=--=

It is so satisfying to listen to a gamer who knows what the f*** they are talking about. Using a Blinx/SMG comparison for example.  Brilliant.

Will listen to the rest of it tomorrow during my usual podcast listening time.

Edited: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 10:01:27

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 16217
News Posts: 1043
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 08 Jan 2010 10:12:52
"LOL did Vader make the bombing noises, they are horrible"

Yes he did, only once though. I copied the rest in. LOL

"This is the 3rd LKS song in the podcast, is it not, Foolz?"

All the full songs were LKS! It did win GOTY after all!

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31731
News Posts: 1717
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Fri, 08 Jan 2010 18:20:49

Foolz said:
"LOL did Vader make the bombing noises, they are horrible"

Yes he did, only once though. I copied the rest in. LOL

"This is the 3rd LKS song in the podcast, is it not, Foolz?"

All the full songs were LKS! It did win GOTY after all!

You added more of them.   LOL

660896.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 2701
News Posts: 277
Joined: 2008-07-12
 
Fri, 08 Jan 2010 20:48:13

So yeah, good job for the two of you, but some notes:

*Some of those musical interludes went on for way too fucking long. It's not that they were bad interludes, but they just went on for way too long.

*Good job with the opening and ending. Really dug it. Though I'll freely admit that the ending kinda confused me a little...if only because I didn't quite understand what Foolz was referring to.

*There is no 360 version of FFXIII in Japan. That's for the Western release.

Though I think next time I'm on and Vader talks about Ratchet, I need to bring up the PSN message he sent me, telling me that I was right all along.

avatar
Country: EU
Comments: 9423
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 08 Jan 2010 21:01:53

darthhomer said:

So yeah, good job for the two of you, but some notes:

*Some of those musical interludes went on for way too fucking long. It's not that they were bad interludes, but they just went on for way too long.


 Wrong it was too short. Classical music cannot ever be too long, you barbarian Nyaa

Go listen to Britney Spears Nyaa


The VG Press
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 16217
News Posts: 1043
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 09 Jan 2010 03:59:40

Iga_Bobovic said:

darthhomer said:

So yeah, good job for the two of you, but some notes:

*Some of those musical interludes went on for way too fucking long. It's not that they were bad interludes, but they just went on for way too long.


Wrong it was too short. Classical music cannot ever be too long, you barbarian Nyaa

Go listen to Britney Spears Nyaa


I should've stuck in Don Giovanni in its entirety!

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 19071
News Posts: 9098
Joined: 2008-08-18
 
Sat, 09 Jan 2010 06:10:09

Music was too long, but otherwise an excellent cast. Using one of radio's most iconic performances as an intro/ outro was masterful.


Edited: Sat, 09 Jan 2010 09:19:37

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6467
News Posts: 413
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 09 Jan 2010 20:52:30
Who's on for this week?  I HEAR NOTHING!

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 16746
News Posts: 2733
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 09 Jan 2010 20:59:12

Yodariquo said:
I HEAR NOTHING!

The VG Press

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31731
News Posts: 1717
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sat, 09 Jan 2010 20:59:24

Yodariquo said:
Who's on for this week?  I HEAR NOTHING!

Maybe me, I dont know.

660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6467
News Posts: 413
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 09 Jan 2010 21:05:52
Dvader said:

Yodariquo said:
Who's on for this week?  I HEAR NOTHING!

Maybe me, I dont know.

DAVIIIIIIIID

DAVIIIIIIID!

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 2701
News Posts: 277
Joined: 2008-07-12
 
Sat, 09 Jan 2010 21:21:41

Iga_Bobovic said:

darthhomer said:

So yeah, good job for the two of you, but some notes:

*Some of those musical interludes went on for way too fucking long. It's not that they were bad interludes, but they just went on for way too long.


 Wrong it was too short. Classical music cannot ever be too long, you barbarian Nyaa

Go listen to Britney Spears Nyaa


 It wasn't the fact that it was classical. Don't get me wrong - I love me some classical music, but as interstitial music, it went on for too long.

avatar
Country: EU
Comments: 9423
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 09 Jan 2010 21:28:44

darthhomer said:

Iga_Bobovic said:

darthhomer said:

So yeah, good job for the two of you, but some notes:

*Some of those musical interludes went on for way too fucking long. It's not that they were bad interludes, but they just went on for way too long.


 Wrong it was too short. Classical music cannot ever be too long, you barbarian Nyaa

Go listen to Britney Spears Nyaa


 It wasn't the fact that it was classical. Don't get me wrong - I love me some classical music, but as interstitial music, it went on for too long.

 I was joking.

You know what would be cool? Me doing another EU podcast, and after introducing everyone, playing the whole Ode to Joy and ending the podcast after it is done. That would be an epic hour long podcast.

The VG Press
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 2701
News Posts: 277
Joined: 2008-07-12
 
Sat, 09 Jan 2010 21:36:19

Iga_Bobovic said:

darthhomer said:

Iga_Bobovic said:

darthhomer said:

So yeah, good job for the two of you, but some notes:

*Some of those musical interludes went on for way too fucking long. It's not that they were bad interludes, but they just went on for way too long.


 Wrong it was too short. Classical music cannot ever be too long, you barbarian Nyaa

Go listen to Britney Spears Nyaa


 It wasn't the fact that it was classical. Don't get me wrong - I love me some classical music, but as interstitial music, it went on for too long.

 I was joking.

You know what would be cool? Me doing another EU podcast, and after introducing everyone, playing the whole Ode to Joy and ending the podcast after it is done. That would be an epic hour long podcast.

 That would be pretty cool. Or you could just play the 1812 Overture.

avatar
Country: EU
Comments: 9423
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 09 Jan 2010 21:42:37

darthhomer said:

Iga_Bobovic said:

darthhomer said:

Iga_Bobovic said:

darthhomer said:

So yeah, good job for the two of you, but some notes:

*Some of those musical interludes went on for way too fucking long. It's not that they were bad interludes, but they just went on for way too long.


 Wrong it was too short. Classical music cannot ever be too long, you barbarian Nyaa

Go listen to Britney Spears Nyaa


 It wasn't the fact that it was classical. Don't get me wrong - I love me some classical music, but as interstitial music, it went on for too long.

 I was joking.

You know what would be cool? Me doing another EU podcast, and after introducing everyone, playing the whole Ode to Joy and ending the podcast after it is done. That would be an epic hour long podcast.

 That would be pretty cool. Or you could just play the 1812 Overture.

 Ode to Joy is the official EU anthem. Yeah the EU has one of the best anthem in the world.

The VG Press
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 16217
News Posts: 1043
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 10 Jan 2010 03:53:47
*goes on skype*
But I'll be back in 15-30 minutes.

<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
*crickets*
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?