Forum > Gaming Discussion > The Official Animal Crossing GOTY Hype Thread
The Official Animal Crossing GOTY Hype Thread
<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Mon, 25 May 2009 17:28:03
dvader, i hear you buddy.  it's natural to feel that way when the game does not give you specific goals to work towards.  i guess with animal crossing you have to either set your own goals, sort of like GG is doing or just be laid back about it and try not to worry about the lack of big goals and achievements and take pleasure in the little things.

today i got the basement to my house ... and a brand new bastard mortgage to that manipulating slave driving nook.  but i can't wait to find all the space and lunar items and fill it up nicely with them.  i'm also looking forward to start finding the summer fish and bugs etc ... filling out collections nicely that sort of thing.  also this is the first game where i did more than just try out the online aspect of it.  i wouldn't even consider myself an online gamer but i really enjoy playing AC with you guys.

take a break as often as you need to but don't give up on the game completely like raven did.  at least this is my advice for what it's worth.

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 14648
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 25 May 2009 18:55:10

Yodariquo said:


Wow, I'm suprised the system is still running with artifacts like that.

That would drive me absolutely crazy. Sad

bugsonglass said:

take a break as often as you need to but don't give up on the game completely like raven did.  at least this is my advice for what it's worth.

I stopped playing it for a what I consider a major design flaw with the game: Animal Tracks; not because I grew bored with it. I don't like games that go out of its way to punish players, and that's exactly what that "feature" does, IMO.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Mon, 25 May 2009 19:05:47

Ravenprose said:

bugsonglass said:

take a break as often as you need to but don't give up on the game completely like raven did.  at least this is my advice for what it's worth.

I stopped playing it for a what I consider a major design flaw with the game: Animal Tracks; not because I grew bored with it. I don't like games that go out of its way to punish players, and that's exactly what that "feature" does, IMO.

i understand.  you explained yourself well at the time.  i was only using you as an example of someone who gave up on the game permanently and saying i hoped vader didn't do the same.  though you're right your reason was altogether different, i'm sorry i didn't make myself completely clear

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 14648
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 25 May 2009 19:14:04

bugsonglass said:

Ravenprose said:

bugsonglass said:

take a break as often as you need to but don't give up on the game completely like raven did.  at least this is my advice for what it's worth.

I stopped playing it for a what I consider a major design flaw with the game: Animal Tracks; not because I grew bored with it. I don't like games that go out of its way to punish players, and that's exactly what that "feature" does, IMO.

i understand.  you explained yourself well at the time.  i was only using you as an example of someone who gave up on the game permanently and saying i hoped vader didn't do the same.  though you're right your reason was altogether different, i'm sorry i didn't make myself completely clear

No problem. Happy

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 25 May 2009 20:58:22
Dvader said:


Yeah I will go on events days and such. I'll be back, time to take a small break though.

About that picture above, was your wii really looking like that, did you get green specs around the screen?

 Pretty much. Red and green dots. Yay!

It looks worse on an HDTV of course. It's not permanently like that. For instance it can be fine in a game and then some light source or explosion will set it off. It's more than bearable but still annoying. It practically ruined Endless Ocean, a game which relies upon immersion with the natural animation. Suddenly your blue sea has red and green dots. 


bugsonglass said:
 filling out collections nicely that sort of thing.  also this is the first game where i did more than just try out the online aspect of it.  i wouldn't even consider myself an online gamer but i really enjoy playing AC with you guys.

take a break as often as you need to but don't give up on the game completely like raven did.  at least this is my advice for what it's worth.

 Same here. Playing online in a non-competitive chilled out game is so relaxing and visiting someone elses town feels like going to a friends house. I have to collect some of this stuff. It's so cool, its not like collecting notes and jiggies in a Banjo game. Every item is bespoke made and some are part of collections. It's so cool. I need to build my rooms. I was slowly getting ship items and then the day I got my pirate hat and suit. Wow, loved it Grinning

When I have my space room that will be uber cool. I need to upgrade the basements in three more houses first. Then buy the Gracie furniture, then buy the fountain and lighthouse. I'm one step away from dumping my boring pathways for exciting train tracks Grinning Someone give me a vertical track. 

How is your crop circle hunt going?

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Mon, 25 May 2009 21:03:33

gamingeek said:

How is your crop circle hunt going?

I still only just have one of the four designs, "mysterious circle B" and the pattern guy hardly ever comes any more, but i hope to complete it one day Grinning

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Mon, 25 May 2009 21:19:09
I'm stealing this from the animal crossing community forum.  i was looking for some info on Wendell's patterns.  I didn't realise there were so many:



A. Pattern Name: Money
Feed Wendell: Dorado, Goldfish or Popeyed Goldfish

B. Pattern Name: Field of Flowers
Feed Wendell: Angelfish, Guppy, or Neon Tetra

C. Pattern Name: Grass
Feed Wendell: Black Bass

D. Pattern Name: Water Puddle
Feed Wendell: Frog or killifish

E. Pattern Name: Street Corner 1
Feed Wendell: Cherry Salmon or Dace

F. Pattern Name: Street Corner 2
Feed Wendell: Bluegill or Char

G. Pattern Name: Street Corner 3
Feed Wendell: Rainbow Trout or Sweetfish

H. Pattern Name: Street Corner 4
Feed Wendell: Pale Chub or Yellow Perch

I. Pattern Name: Vertical Path
Feed Wendell: Barbel Steed

J. Pattern Name: Horizontal Path
Feed Wendell: Carp

K. Pattern Name: Intersection
Feed Wendell: Bitterling or Pond Smelt

L. Pattern Name: Ground
Feed Wendell: Crucian Carp



M. Pattern Name: Stone Paving
Feed Wendell: Pike

N. Pattern Name: Manhole Cover
Feed Wendell: Giant Snakehead

O. Pattern Name: Pitfall
Feed Wendell: Arowana

P. Pattern Name: Footstep
Feed Wendell: Koi

Q. Pattern Name: Horizontal Track
Feed Wendell: Sea Bass

R. Pattern Name: Vertical Track
Feed Wendell: Butterfly Fish or Surgeonfish

S. Pattern Name: Curved Track 1
Feed Wendell: Dab or Olive Flounder

T. Pattern Name: Curved Track 2
Feed Wendell: Octopus or Squid

U. Pattern Name: Curved Track 3
Feed Wendell: Barred Knifejaw or Red Snapper

V. Pattern Name: Curved Track 4
Feed Wendell: Clownfish or Seahorse

W. Pattern Name: ! Sign
Feed Wendell: Zebra Turkeyfish

X. Pattern Name: Chocolate
Feed Wendell: Chocolate Heart



1. Pattern Name: Treasure Chest
Feed Wendell: King Salmon or Ray

2. Pattern Name: Stairs
Feed Wendell: Football Fish

3. Pattern Name: Red Carpet
Feed Wendell: Lobster or Salmon

4. Pattern Name: Pitfall Warning
Feed Wendell: Moray

5. Pattern Name: Coloring House
Feed Wendell: Coconut

6. Pattern Name: Self Portrait
Feed Wendell: Birthday Cake

7. Pattern Name: Coloring Boy
Feed Wendell: Blue Candy or Yellow Candy

8. Pattern Name: Coloring Girl
Feed Wendell: Green Candy or Red Candy

9. Pattern Name: Coloring Rover
Feed Wendell: Peach

10. Pattern Name: Coloring Resetti
Feed Wendell: Cherry

11. Pattern Name: Coloring Pelly
Feed Wendell: Orange

12. Pattern Name: Coloring Nook
Feed Wendell: Apple



13. Pattern Name: Mystery Circle A
Feed Wendell: Freshwater Goby

14. Pattern Name: Mystery Circle B
Feed Wendell: Loach

15. Pattern Name: Mystery Circle C
Feed Wendell: Catfish

16. Pattern Name: Mystery Circle D
Feed Wendell: Eel

17. Pattern Name: Picture Frame
Feed Wendell: Rare Mushroom

18. Pattern Name: Memo
Feed Wendell: Elegant Mushroom or Flat Mushroom or Round Mushroom or Skinny Mushroom

19. Pattern Name: Gyroid
Feed Wendell: Gar

20. Pattern Name: Rhino Beetle
Feed Wendell: Crawfish

21. Pattern Name: Iron Floor
Feed Wendell: Tuna or Blue Marlin

22. Pattern Name: ? Block
Feed Wendell: Red Turnip

23. Pattern Name: Cracked Ground
Feed Wendell: Piranha

24. Pattern Name: Forbidden Sign
Feed Wendell: Pufferfish



25. Pattern Name: Outer Space
Feed Wendell: Jellyfish or Sea Butterfly

26. Pattern Name: Brick
Feed WEndell: White Turnip



Feed Wendell: Pear

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 25 May 2009 21:33:30

Anyone close to an Egytian room yet? Sad

I got the King Tut Mask and outfit, the sarcophogos and pyramid and sphinx. 

I need the wall and carpet and is there other stuff? I have the mummy outfit too. 

I want that red carpet design and vertical train track. 

OMG mario block?

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Mon, 25 May 2009 23:33:24

Those patterns are amazing.

GG, those specs are what happend to me a few years back, mainly with RE4. It means you Wii graphics chip is beginning to fry. I sent my wii in for repair before my warranty wore off, now its good.

660896.png
avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Tue, 26 May 2009 01:51:38

I have all street paths now except for street corner1. Guys if you ever have turnips over 130 let me know, I have over 300 grand invested for this week and I'm going to shit bricks if I can't at least break even (107 was my buying price).

You guys would never know who I had this morning in town. Skylock. He just got the game. He took some fruit and stuff with him back to his town.

I got your samurai helmet, GG I'm sending it to you later tonight. Bugsy and GG, thanks a lot for the presents. My wife loved the telephone. I have a few mario items around, is there something you have to acquire yet? I'm collecting board games now. LOL

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Tue, 26 May 2009 04:15:42
i think i have a few more board games to send you ... shogi, go etc

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 26 May 2009 10:34:32

Dvader said:

Those patterns are amazing.

GG, those specs are what happend to me a few years back, mainly with RE4. It means you Wii graphics chip is beginning to fry. I sent my wii in for repair before my warranty wore off, now its good.

 Yeah this happened outside of warranty and the cost to repair it is two full price new games. Screw nintendo, first they f*** me over with DS Lite hinges and claim $60 for "postage" what BS. And then their Wii F-s up too. Their hardware used to be reliable. 

SteelAttack said:

I have all street paths now except for street corner1. Guys if you ever have turnips over 130 let me know, I have over 300 grand invested for this week and I'm going to shit bricks if I can't at least break even (107 was my buying price).

You guys would never know who I had this morning in town. Skylock. He just got the game. He took some fruit and stuff with him back to his town.

I got your samurai helmet, GG I'm sending it to you later tonight. Bugsy and GG, thanks a lot for the presents. My wife loved the telephone. I have a few mario items around, is there something you have to acquire yet? I'm collecting board games now. LOL

 Tell Skylock to give us his code. 

300k? Are you insane? I've gone several weeks with a bad stalk market in the past. 

What are these board games? I have Shogi. Anything else?

I have lots of mario items, I gave the duplicates away. Not sure what I'm missing. 

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Tue, 26 May 2009 10:48:05

gamingeek said:

SteelAttack said:

I have all street paths now except for street corner1. Guys if you ever have turnips over 130 let me know, I have over 300 grand invested for this week and I'm going to shit bricks if I can't at least break even (107 was my buying price).

You guys would never know who I had this morning in town. Skylock. He just got the game. He took some fruit and stuff with him back to his town.

I got your samurai helmet, GG I'm sending it to you later tonight. Bugsy and GG, thanks a lot for the presents. My wife loved the telephone. I have a few mario items around, is there something you have to acquire yet? I'm collecting board games now. LOL

Tell Skylock to give us his code.

300k? Are you insane? I've gone several weeks with a bad stalk market in the past.

What are these board games? I have Shogi. Anything else?

I have lots of mario items, I gave the duplicates away. Not sure what I'm missing.

i used to collect board games so i think i have 4 or 5 at least.  steel did i send you mahjong?

yeah tell skylock to exchange codes ... and also to join the vgpress ... all is forgiven Nyaa

punch-out arrived today, but i still can't find it in me to drag the AC disc out of the slot.  i hate this game

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 26 May 2009 15:32:34
My gate is open now. 

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Tue, 26 May 2009 15:48:43

gamingeek said:
My gate is open now.

I checked out about an hour ago, but noone was open. I'm at work now. Sad  Want flowers!

I love rainy days. After those, the grass seems to grow faster.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 26 May 2009 15:52:37

I checked at my town hall. I have too much stuff on the ground they say. 

Now I'm not sure if they mean flowers, path tiles or all the flower seeds I've dumped at the gate. 

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Tue, 26 May 2009 16:10:27

gamingeek said:

I checked at my town hall. I have too much stuff on the ground they say.

Now I'm not sure if they mean flowers, path tiles or all the flower seeds I've dumped at the gate.

Flower seeds. Paths and planted flowers don't count as a negative.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 14648
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 26 May 2009 18:21:30

SteelAttack said:

gamingeek said:

I checked at my town hall. I have too much stuff on the ground they say.

Now I'm not sure if they mean flowers, path tiles or all the flower seeds I've dumped at the gate.

Flower seeds. Paths and planted flowers don't count as a negative.

Yeah, Steel's right. The flower seeds are read as trash when left on the ground; at least that's how it was in ACWW anyway.

Edited: Tue, 26 May 2009 18:22:07

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 26 May 2009 20:07:49
avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 776
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2009-05-09
 
Tue, 26 May 2009 22:39:58
Hey gg

I'll happily take some flowers off your hands. I'll see if I can catch you wed. I have an ancient wall which is egyptian - I'm not sure if I can buy another. I'll check. No train track or red carpet.
<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
*crickets*
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?