Forum > Gaming Discussion > The Official Animal Crossing GOTY Hype Thread
The Official Animal Crossing GOTY Hype Thread
<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sat, 23 May 2009 02:39:06

No luck, like 63 bells.

Everyone, tomorrow you need to post your turnip prices first thing. Its the last day one of us needs to be above 100.

I have a question about red turnips, do you pick them on sunday?

660896.png
avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Sat, 23 May 2009 03:38:08

Dvader said:

I have a question about red turnips, do you pick them on sunday?

 Saturday. If you watered it every day, it'll net you a good 15 grand or so. 

Edit: 67 bells here. Fucking Nooks of the world are trying to bring the market down. 

Edited: Sat, 23 May 2009 04:01:26
avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Sat, 23 May 2009 07:11:11

SteelAttack said:

Dvader said:

I have a question about red turnips, do you pick them on sunday?

Saturday. If you watered it every day, it'll net you a good 15 grand or so.

Edit: 67 bells here. Fucking Nooks of the world are trying to bring the market down.

it's a cartel i tell thee

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 13702
News Posts: 452
Joined: 2008-07-03
 
Sat, 23 May 2009 12:32:45
I want to see KK tonight and let you all visit.  I have a busy day but should be home by then.
avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Sat, 23 May 2009 13:31:18
it's going to be a bad day for whoever has  turnips to sell.  my nook buying at 63 today and i fear nooks around the world are pretty similar

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 13702
News Posts: 452
Joined: 2008-07-03
 
Sat, 23 May 2009 13:53:56

Mine is 64, so I agree with you.
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 23 May 2009 16:11:13

My nooks is 36 bells.
Edited: Sat, 23 May 2009 17:16:06

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sat, 23 May 2009 16:35:55

gamingeek said:

My nooks is 368 bells.

Attack!!!!

*charges at GG's gate*

You open now?

660896.png
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 23 May 2009 16:41:21

Dvader said:

gamingeek said:

My nooks is 368 bells.

Attack!!!!

*charges at GG's gate*

You open now?

 Oh crap. Typo. Sorry. It was meant to say 36. 

My gate was open for an hour this morning and I just closed it 15 minutes ago. I sent you the block floor. Thanks for the lovely lamp, I have one already. I have the loveseat, lamp, kitchen, chair, outfit. Not sure what I'm missing. 

Rag, do you leave your gate open when you play?

Edited: Sat, 23 May 2009 16:44:18

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 267
News Posts: 13
Joined: 2009-04-25
 
Sat, 23 May 2009 16:49:59

gamingeek said:

Rag, do you leave your gate open when you play?

 Usually, but a lot of the time I'm just firing the game up in the morning before work to check turnip prices, and again in the evenings.  I do open the gates when I'm playing for more than 5 minutes at a time.

Now Playing: King's Bounty, Demon's Souls, BF1943
Now Listening: Karl Blau- Zebra, Atlas Sound- Logos
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sat, 23 May 2009 16:52:55

NOOO! Damm it GG.  My turnip is 56. Nook is evil!

I just read that he has different prices after noon. Sweet.

EDIT: Nevermind

Edited: Sat, 23 May 2009 16:56:27
660896.png
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 23 May 2009 17:15:35

Dvader said:

NOOO! Damm it GG.  My turnip is 56. Nook is evil!

I just read that he has different prices after noon. Sweet.

EDIT: Nevermind

 Yeah pre 12pm and post. Are you online now?

rragnaar said:

gamingeek said:

Rag, do you leave your gate open when you play?

 Usually, but a lot of the time I'm just firing the game up in the morning before work to check turnip prices, and again in the evenings.  I do open the gates when I'm playing for more than 5 minutes at a time.

 Can you get online now?

If you or Dvader are on now I will fire it up.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 23 May 2009 17:20:53
Did you guys get your Punchout Nintendo item DLC? Happy

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sat, 23 May 2009 17:32:48

gamingeek said:
Did you guys get your Punchout Nintendo item DLC? Happy

Huh?  No. Sad

Nook is an asshole, he lowered the price to 42.   I just logged off GG, but I sent you the wallpaper.

660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 267
News Posts: 13
Joined: 2009-04-25
 
Sat, 23 May 2009 17:38:32
My Nook-N-Go is closed for remodeling today, so more likely than not my bells will just go to waste.Sad
Now Playing: King's Bounty, Demon's Souls, BF1943
Now Listening: Karl Blau- Zebra, Atlas Sound- Logos
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sat, 23 May 2009 17:38:57
Well the good thing is that the red turnip went well. Because of all the fruits I have I am nearing the 100k mark. I just wish there was a quicker way to cash in on the fruits, it takes forever to pick them then run back to nooks.
660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sat, 23 May 2009 17:39:49

rragnaar said:
My Nook-N-Go is closed for remodeling today, so more likely than not my bells will just go to waste.Sad

Yikes, bad timing. Well if you want to settle for 40 something bells I can open my gate.

660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 267
News Posts: 13
Joined: 2009-04-25
 
Sat, 23 May 2009 17:42:57

Dvader said:

rragnaar said:
My Nook-N-Go is closed for remodeling today, so more likely than not my bells will just go to waste.Sad

Yikes, bad timing. Well if you want to settle for 40 something bells I can open my gate.

 I'm at work till 3:00 my time, and I don't even plan on being home today, so whatever... I think I'll probably just do red turnips from now on.  Outside of that, I do want to meet up with you guys sometime.  I need fruit, and I need people to send dirty letters to.

Edited: Sat, 23 May 2009 17:43:50
Now Playing: King's Bounty, Demon's Souls, BF1943
Now Listening: Karl Blau- Zebra, Atlas Sound- Logos
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 23 May 2009 17:44:44

Dvader said:
Well the good thing is that the red turnip went well. Because of all the fruits I have I am nearing the 100k mark. I just wish there was a quicker way to cash in on the fruits, it takes forever to pick them then run back to nooks.

 There is a quicker way, slave labout i.e get your friends online together and get them to help pick them and drop them outside nooks. Bugs helped me out to farm my orchards. 

rragnaar said:
My Nook-N-Go is closed for remodeling today, so more likely than not my bells will just go to waste.Sad

 Ack. I've lost money several times. You do have to be careful. I reccomend either limiting your investment to 20 grand or checking online friends prices to be sure. But really, by thursday evening, if its not looking good, you might want to consider bailing out. I bailed at 130 bells last week and the next morning they were over 360 bells though. 

Dvader said:

gamingeek said:
Did you guys get your Punchout Nintendo item DLC? Happy

Huh?  No. Sad

Nook is an asshole, he lowered the price to 42.   I just logged off GG, but I sent you the wallpaper.

 

I was joking about the wallpaper, if you only have one by all means keep it. I had the block floor spare. 

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 267
News Posts: 13
Joined: 2009-04-25
 
Sat, 23 May 2009 17:51:06
Fortunately I only invested something like 18,000 bells.  She was selling turnips for 93 bells I think, so I got 200.  It isn't a huge loss.  I should have unloaded them for 8,000 bells last night.
Now Playing: King's Bounty, Demon's Souls, BF1943
Now Listening: Karl Blau- Zebra, Atlas Sound- Logos
<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
*crickets*
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?