Forum > Gaming Discussion > The Massive Epic Thread of Spirit Tracks Hype
The Massive Epic Thread of Spirit Tracks Hype
<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:33:04

Dvader said:

gamingeek said:
I hope I can finish this game. How is the sand temple? Really hard? I've only been really stumped once in the game, the part with the arrow switches and the lava.

On level with the rest, its the tower that gets tough.

Aren't I done with the tower now?

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Tue, 12 Jan 2010 20:17:13

gamingeek said:

Dvader said:

gamingeek said:
I hope I can finish this game. How is the sand temple? Really hard? I've only been really stumped once in the game, the part with the arrow switches and the lava.

On level with the rest, its the tower that gets tough.

Aren't I done with the tower now?

No.

660896.png
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 12 Jan 2010 21:00:51
Oh found the sand temple, turns out my notes had covered and hidden the rail track linking the sand sanctuary to the route to the temple. Love this sand item rod thing.

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 16:16:42

gamingeek said:
Oh found the sand temple, turns out my notes had covered and hidden the rail track linking the sand sanctuary to the route to the temple. Love this sand item rod thing.

sand temple is great.  fantastic item and great great boss fight.  i think my favourite boss fight in the game perhaps

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 16:48:09


Yeah that boss fight was cool and the lava boss. Now back to the tower of spirits. I sense I am close to the end.

Game needs an insta warp though, those gates are useless. I must have activated the door between the very first one and all the other gates I see have no gems and activation.

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 17:16:44

gamingeek said:


Yeah that boss fight was cool and the lava boss. Now back to the tower of spirits. I sense I am close to the end.

Game needs an insta warp though, those gates are useless. I must have activated the door between the very first one and all the other gates I see have no gems and activation.

you are not close to the end.  the last sections of the tower of spirits are the most difficult and will take you a good bit of time.  after that get ready for the most annoying train bit in the game yet Grinning  but i'm not going to spoil it for you

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 17:21:16
How much time? I usually complete one dungeon in a 1 hr 30 min session, some of that taken up by train time.

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 17:38:57

gamingeek said:
How much time? I usually complete one dungeon in a 1 hr 30 min session, some of that taken up by train time.

for me it was the longest any dungeon took me in the game, though that was because i got stuck at one particular point and was going back and forth for a long time, after that the rest came together nicely.

i think it would still take you longer than previous dungeons in the game did.

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 17:50:10


So what is your favourite item in the game guys?

Mine is the sand rod.

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 17:56:16
also sand rod.  was so unique and unexpected and used in very very cool ways.

i thought the boomerang also had some of its finest applications ever in this game as well.

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Thu, 14 Jan 2010 01:54:59
Yeah, Sand Rod is a standout.
660896.png
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 14 Jan 2010 11:58:33


Grrrrrrrrrr.

Dark room in Tower of Spirits.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. There is a weakness in upper left wall? Where!

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Thu, 14 Jan 2010 12:24:38

gamingeek said:


Grrrrrrrrrr.

Dark room in Tower of Spirits.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. There is a weakness in upper left wall? Where!

there is a flower bomb in the bottom-most horizontal corridor in that part of the room if you are out of bombs.  just throw it on the left side of the top wall.  i was stuck there for hours until i started throwing bombs randomly

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 14 Jan 2010 12:33:21
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 17 Jan 2010 14:06:32
The second dark room in the tower of spirits is pissing me off. Why obscure the view damnit?

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 20 Jan 2010 20:02:51

This game is PISSING ME OFF.

The godamn tower of spirits last part is ridiculous. If I wasn't so annoyed right now I would immediately list it on ebay.

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:02:51

gamingeek said:

This game is PISSING ME OFF.

The godamn tower of spirits last part is ridiculous. If I wasn't so annoyed right now I would immediately list it on ebay.

it pissed me off too a bit but once i got that bit with the bomb in the top left hand corner i was able to finish it in one sitting

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:08:11

bugsonglass said:

gamingeek said:

This game is PISSING ME OFF.

The godamn tower of spirits last part is ridiculous. If I wasn't so annoyed right now I would immediately list it on ebay.

it pissed me off too a bit but once i got that bit with the bomb in the top left hand corner i was able to finish it in one sitting

I use the sand rod to get to this switch, a load of eyes appear and a new armour suit in a closed off area.

There is a round red rec symbol on the ground which I can't swap between. Now I have to go blow out some torches.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Thu, 21 Jan 2010 04:13:40

gamingeek said:

bugsonglass said:

gamingeek said:

This game is PISSING ME OFF.

The godamn tower of spirits last part is ridiculous. If I wasn't so annoyed right now I would immediately list it on ebay.

it pissed me off too a bit but once i got that bit with the bomb in the top left hand corner i was able to finish it in one sitting

I use the sand rod to get to this switch, a load of eyes appear and a new armour suit in a closed off area.

There is a round red rec symbol on the ground which I can't swap between. Now I have to go blow out some torches.

Hard enough for you yet. Nyaa

660896.png
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46270
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 21 Jan 2010 11:28:15

Every other dungeon has been okay, this one is just obtuse and annoying. I really hate obscuring the view mechanic, playing in darkness. At least give me a torch damnit.

I know there are torch phantoms but you are restricted as to when you get them and where you can use them.

<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
*crickets*
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?