Forum > Gaming Discussion > Resident Evil 5 (360/PS3) GG Revival - 360 freezes - nerd rage commences
Resident Evil 5 (360/PS3) GG Revival - 360 freezes - nerd rage commences
<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 15369
News Posts: 232
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 29 Jun 2009 12:49:40

Archangel3371 said:

Dvader said:

edgecrusher said:

RE5 is totally RE Zero with RE4's engine.


Actually, I liked Zero more.

Proof that this man is crazy.

LOL Indeed.

Hey, at least Zero FELT like RE and not "Gears of oh shit I don't know if I'm a horror game or an action game EVIL"!  LOL

Edited: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 12:51:40

         1200923.png?77682175

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 12474
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Mon, 29 Jun 2009 16:40:33

Pffft! Too late for that analysis. RE4 already made the jump from horror to action and did so exceedingly well. While RE5 did use the cover system and while it really didn't do it as well as Gears at least it was sparingly used at the end of the game so as not to break the game at least. While I do like Zero more then most perhaps I'd definitely rank it on the bottom rung of RE mainline games.

1176413.png

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31189
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Tue, 30 Jun 2009 00:07:53

Archangel3371 said:

Pffft! Too late for that analysis. RE4 already made the jump from horror to action and did so exceedingly well. While RE5 did use the cover system and while it really didn't do it as well as Gears at least it was sparingly used at the end of the game so as not to break the game at least. While I do like Zero more then most perhaps I'd definitely rank it on the bottom rung of RE mainline games.

This. Edge your argument is extremely weak since RE4 already established how RE will play from now on. RE5 is a worthy sequel to RE4.

660896.png
avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Tue, 30 Jun 2009 01:19:50

WTF is RE Zero?
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14646
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 30 Jun 2009 04:26:27
.

Edited: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 13:04:13

The VG Press

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 15743
News Posts: 1040
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 30 Jun 2009 04:50:08
LOL

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46253
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 30 Jun 2009 09:55:55

SteelAttack said:

WTF is RE Zero?

Set before the events of Resident Evil 1. It was simlar to REmake on Gamecube with highly detailed pre-rendering. It used two character which you had to switch between or seperate (the whole game was single player). There were no chests to store items so you had to item swap.

RE5 didn't learn the lessons from that game.

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 12474
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Tue, 30 Jun 2009 17:24:50

gamingeek said:


SteelAttack said:


WTF is RE Zero?

Set before the events of Resident Evil 1. It was simlar to REmake on Gamecube with highly detailed pre-rendering. It used two character which you had to switch between or seperate (the whole game was single player). There were no chests to store items so you had to item swap.



RE5 didn't learn the lessons from that game.

 

Yes it did. It made the game two player co-op and when there was no second player the other character was AI controlled. Sheesh! I wonder if some of you people even played both games. Nyaa

1176413.png

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46253
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 30 Jun 2009 19:17:41

Archangel3371 said:

gamingeek said:


SteelAttack said:


WTF is RE Zero?

Set before the events of Resident Evil 1. It was simlar to REmake on Gamecube with highly detailed pre-rendering. It used two character which you had to switch between or seperate (the whole game was single player). There were no chests to store items so you had to item swap.



RE5 didn't learn the lessons from that game.

Yes it did. It made the game two player co-op and when there was no second player the other character was AI controlled. Sheesh! I wonder if some of you people even played both games. Nyaa

RE Zero had the second player AI controlled too. Till you switched Nyaa

My 360 is being picked up tommorrow. I had to wrap it in this hobo box, that is falling apart at the seams.

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 12474
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Tue, 30 Jun 2009 19:57:57

gamingeek said:


Archangel3371 said:



gamingeek said:



SteelAttack said:


WTF is RE Zero?

Set before the events of Resident Evil 1. It was simlar to REmake on Gamecube with highly detailed pre-rendering. It used two character which you had to switch between or seperate (the whole game was single player). There were no chests to store items so you had to item swap.



RE5 didn't learn the lessons from that game.


Yes it did. It made the game two player co-op and when there was no second player the other character was AI controlled. Sheesh! I wonder if some of you people even played both games. Nyaa

RE Zero had the second player AI controlled too. Till you switched Nyaa



My 360 is being picked up tommorrow. I had to wrap it in this hobo box, that is falling apart at the seams.

 

LOL Nice try but you failz. Nyaa

Hopefully they'll send you a nice Jasper unit with onboard memory.

1176413.png

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Tue, 30 Jun 2009 21:06:17

gamingeek said:

I had to wrap it in this hobo box, that is falling apart at the seams.

LOL

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46253
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 30 Jun 2009 21:50:00
How can I tell if its Jasper and what is good about Jasper other than better cooling? It has better cooling right?
SteelAttack said:

gamingeek said:

I had to wrap it in this hobo box, that is falling apart at the seams.

LOL

The box has "Christmas Decorations 2006" scrawled on the side in red marker. Why can't I get an official coffin damnit? I had to run so much tape around it, it might have pushed up the weight over the 4kg limit.

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 12474
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Tue, 30 Jun 2009 21:56:32

I think you can tell if it's a Jasper unit by checking the manufacturing date but I'm not 100% on that so just do a quick google on it to make sure. Well the main benefit is the system runs less hot so it should provide more stability overall plus it uses less electricity so it's easier on the electro bill. This also means it should run quieter.

1176413.png

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14646
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 30 Jun 2009 22:01:32

Archangel3371 said:

I think you can tell if it's a Jasper unit by checking the manufacturing date but I'm not 100% on that so just do a quick google on it to make sure. Well the main benefit is the system runs less hot so it should provide more stability overall plus it uses less electricity so it's easier on the electro bill. This also means it should run quieter.

 

Link

The loudest thing about my 360 is the DVD drive. My system is fairly quiet until that damn thing spins up, and then it sounds like a vaccum cleaner, which is why I install all of my games to the HDD now.

Edited: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 22:03:24

The VG Press

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 12474
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Wed, 01 Jul 2009 00:26:07

Ravenprose said:

Archangel3371 said:

I think you can tell if it's a Jasper unit by checking the manufacturing date but I'm not 100% on that so just do a quick google on it to make sure. Well the main benefit is the system runs less hot so it should provide more stability overall plus it uses less electricity so it's easier on the electro bill. This also means it should run quieter.

 

Link

The loudest thing about my 360 is the DVD drive. My system is fairly quiet until that damn thing spins up, and then it sounds like a vaccum cleaner, which is why I install all of my games to the HDD now.

 

Ah well looking at power consumption makes a lot of sense. Yeah I always use the install feature on my games as well. 120 GB HDD FTW!

1176413.png

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14646
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 01 Jul 2009 00:42:54

Archangel3371 said:
Ah well looking at power consumption makes a lot of sense. Yeah I always use the install feature on my games as well. 120 GB HDD FTW!

 Measly 20GB HDD, FTL! Sad I really should upgrade to a 60GB soon.

I honestly don't know how GG can stand not having a HDD; that's like having a neutered console. Nyaa

Edited: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 00:58:05

The VG Press

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Wed, 01 Jul 2009 01:39:09

Ravenprose said:

Archangel3371 said:
Ah well looking at power consumption makes a lot of sense. Yeah I always use the install feature on my games as well. 120 GB HDD FTW!

Measly 20GB HDD, FTL! Sad I really should upgrade to a 60GB soon.

I honestly don't know how GG can stand not having a HDD; that's like having a neutered console. Nyaa

He's a cheap ass. Nyaa

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 12474
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Wed, 01 Jul 2009 02:33:58

SteelAttack said:


Ravenprose said:



Archangel3371 said:

Ah well looking at power consumption makes a lot of sense. Yeah I always use the install feature on my games as well. 120 GB HDD FTW!

Measly 20GB HDD, FTL! Sad I really should upgrade to a 60GB soon.


I honestly don't know how GG can stand not having a HDD; that's like having a neutered console. Nyaa


He's a cheap ass. Nyaa

 

LOL Yeah I couldn't imagine being without an HDD. Raven if you can afford the extra $50 you're better off getting the 120 GB one. When I bought mine the 60 was $110 and the 120 was $160. You might be able to find good deals sometimes if you look around so I guess it all depends on whats on offer at the time.

1176413.png

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46253
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 01 Jul 2009 12:21:18

I'm actually neutered myself.

I put them in a jar labelled Jasper.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46253
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 13 Jul 2009 17:11:46

So I played some more RE5, beat the leech boss in furnace. Still getting a handle on the controls.

This game isn't hard but for some reason I keep running out of ammo and have to do this silly madcap run around town looking for crates to smash. They haven't designed the game very well since this keeps happening. 

It sports some of the best visuals I have ever seen, yet doesn't feel like RE at all. The plot, if there is one is pretty useless so far. They keep breaking up the gameplay with too frequent, pointless cutscenes. For instance a brief flash where Chris looks through a window or where Sheva opens a door. Christ, save the cutscenes for important stuff. Whilst the gameplay feels like RE4 undoubtably the level design just doesn't flow, the pacing is all off and I've frequently got lost in the hyper realistic town. Since I didn't die, either, there was no option to get or upgrade to new weapons, I've been pootling along with a frigging annoying pistol for ages. 

Finally at another chapter break I can buy something to ease my woes. 

The Sheva problem has become less annoying but I was a little vexed when she wopped out some green spray in the middle of a battle. LOL herbs, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. 

Part of the ammo problem is that I need to keep this biyatch stocked. She should have unlimited ammo but only a pistol. 


Edited: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 17:54:27

<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
gamingeek (55s)
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?