Forum > Gaming Discussion > Has Switch made you spend more money than you normally would?
Has Switch made you spend more money than you normally would?
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 43100
News Posts: 54685
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 28 Aug 2017 17:28:09
0

It's getting out of hand a bit for me.

  • I got this USB battery charger, turns out I never once needed it so far with Switch. Use it a lot on my phone instead.
  • Got a USB C cable - that's useful to plug into random USB power adaptors elsewhere.
  • Got a Switch hard case so it cannot be crushed in a pouch.
  • Splatoon gyro controls mean I don't like playing it with guns in handheld mode so a play stand was essential. Turns out I don't use it because...
  • I got a telescopic tablet clamp so I can mount the switch on an articulated arm and play with detatched joycons.
  • Switches wifi can be a bit shit, so I got a mini-wi-fi router/bridge which doesn't work as well as I hoped, might return it.
  • And I got a Splatoon amiibo because I saw all the exclusive gear you could get in the game from them.

​So how about you guys?

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 43100
News Posts: 54685
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 28 Aug 2017 17:28:47
0

I would like to get the pro controller if it wasn't so expensive or some XL sized joycons with larger buttons.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 11303
News Posts: 247
Joined: 2008-07-03
 
Mon, 28 Aug 2017 18:11:49
0

I picked up a car charger because we had a ten hour trip to Florida.  It charged slowly but came through in a pinch.  I also bought a forty dollar tempered glass screen cover because shit happens. If it cracks, it can be replaced for free.  I also bought ARMs. ☹️

The VG Press

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 10211
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Mon, 28 Aug 2017 18:32:40
0

While I don't have a Switch yet I don't think that I'll end up spending any more money then I normally would. The only thing I see myself getting is the Pro controller. I don't think I'll use it as a portable so I don't think I'll get anything in relation to that aspect.

179417.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 30024
News Posts: 1704
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Mon, 28 Aug 2017 18:34:46
0

I got a pro controller that's about it. No need for anything else really.

660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 13861
News Posts: 2110
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 29 Aug 2017 02:44:27
0

Since I doubt I'll bother connecting my Switch to a TV at all, I'll probably only get a hard case for it. I have plenty of usb  chargers, and the Pro controller is insanely priced.

Edited: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 02:45:06

The VG Press

avatar
Country: BE
Comments: 4442
News Posts: 268
Joined: 2013-06-11
 
Tue, 29 Aug 2017 10:30:40
0
Ravenprose said:

Since I doubt I'll bother connecting my Switch to a TV at all, I'll probably only get a hard case for it. I have plenty of usb  chargers, and the Pro controller is insanely priced.

Yeah, I find myself also barely playing it docked.  It's just so much more comfortable as a handheld.  So far I've bought a hard case when I got the console, an additional pair of joycons so I'm set for 4-player gaming, a charging grip and that pair of splatoon headphones.  Save for the headphones, all has been purchased according to plan.

I'm also ok with playing with the grip.  Sure, the buttons and joysticks of the joycon are smaller than on a home console, but I've never been bothered with them.  For me, I don't see the added value of buying a seperate Pro Controller.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 43100
News Posts: 54685
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 29 Aug 2017 13:34:10
0
travo said:

I picked up a car charger because we had a ten hour trip to Florida.  It charged slowly but came through in a pinch.  I also bought a forty dollar tempered glass screen cover because shit happens. If it cracks, it can be replaced for free.  I also bought ARMs. ☹️

Arms impressions?

Wait, $40 screen protector??

Dvader said:

I got a pro controller that's about it. No need for anything else really.

Dat pro controller costs about the same or more than everything I bought on that list.

SupremeAC said:

Yeah, I find myself also barely playing it docked.  It's just so much more comfortable as a handheld.  So far I've bought a hard case when I got the console, an additional pair of joycons so I'm set for 4-player gaming, a charging grip and that pair of splatoon headphones.  Save for the headphones, all has been purchased according to plan.

I'm also ok with playing with the grip.  Sure, the buttons and joysticks of the joycon are smaller than on a home console, but I've never been bothered with them.  For me, I don't see the added value of buying a seperate Pro Controller.

I find the grip fine for everything....... except Splatoon.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 11303
News Posts: 247
Joined: 2008-07-03
 
Tue, 29 Aug 2017 13:43:54
0

ARMs impressions?  Trading it in for Uncharted soon.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 43100
News Posts: 54685
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 29 Aug 2017 14:34:07
travo said:

ARMs impressions?  Trading it in for Uncharted soon.

Didn't take?

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 11303
News Posts: 247
Joined: 2008-07-03
 
Tue, 29 Aug 2017 14:42:51
gamingeek said:
travo said:

ARMs impressions?  Trading it in for Uncharted soon.

Didn't take?

Yeah, not really for me .  It was fun for a little bit, but then I got bored of it.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 43100
News Posts: 54685
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 29 Aug 2017 14:47:29
travo said:

Yeah, not really for me .  It was fun for a little bit, but then I got bored of it.

Did you play with motion or grip controls? Did you try multiplayer or online at all?

At what level of difficulty did you complete it at and with who?

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 13897
News Posts: 213
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 31 Aug 2017 18:10:15
+1

So far the Switch has caused me to spend LESS than I normally would. To be fair, so has the Xbone.

1106628.png?51566395

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 17228
News Posts: 8641
Joined: 2008-08-18
 
Fri, 01 Sep 2017 08:17:27

Not really. By not buying a Switch I have been spending about the same on beer and petrol.


Twitter
: @gameunderphil

Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?