Forum > Gaming Discussion > God of War 3 Official Thread of most epic game ever made. (56k will die)
God of War 3 Official Thread of most epic game ever made. (56k will die)
<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 30307
News Posts: 1706
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Wed, 10 Mar 2010 20:54:44

gamingeek said:

Dvader said:

gamingeek said:
There are puzzles in GOW?

Yes.

How do they manifest themselves?

Do you punch and kick some items in order to open a door?

Enter a new area, camera pans around showing you various areas and switches and then shows a locked door or obstacle. Then you figure out what switch/block/object you need to break or move or activate to get out of the room. Some are very simple, some require a tiny bit of thinking and the very best ones had me scratching my head (there was only one of these, to those wondering, the dead body in the river puzzle).

660896.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 44117
News Posts: 57226
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 11 Mar 2010 16:10:06

Dvader said:

gamingeek said:

Dvader said:

gamingeek said:
There are puzzles in GOW?

Yes.

How do they manifest themselves?

Do you punch and kick some items in order to open a door?

Enter a new area, camera pans around showing you various areas and switches and then shows a locked door or obstacle. Then you figure out what switch/block/object you need to break or move or activate to get out of the room. Some are very simple, some require a tiny bit of thinking and the very best ones had me scratching my head (there was only one of these, to those wondering, the dead body in the river puzzle).

So sort of like Prince of Persia?

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 30307
News Posts: 1706
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Thu, 11 Mar 2010 23:46:30

gamingeek said:

Dvader said:

gamingeek said:

Dvader said:

gamingeek said:
There are puzzles in GOW?

Yes.

How do they manifest themselves?

Do you punch and kick some items in order to open a door?

Enter a new area, camera pans around showing you various areas and switches and then shows a locked door or obstacle. Then you figure out what switch/block/object you need to break or move or activate to get out of the room. Some are very simple, some require a tiny bit of thinking and the very best ones had me scratching my head (there was only one of these, to those wondering, the dead body in the river puzzle).

So sort of like Prince of Persia?

Yeah something like that.

660896.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 44117
News Posts: 57226
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 12 Mar 2010 12:33:43

Where is everyone, I thought we had a few GOW fans here?

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11393
News Posts: 1162
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Fri, 12 Mar 2010 15:09:11

Only Vader.

I liked the scope and forgiving combat of the second game (never tried the first one), but I wouldn't call myself a fan.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 18114
News Posts: 2085
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 12 Mar 2010 15:46:11

SteelAttack said:

Only Vader.

I liked the scope and forgiving combat of the second game (never tried the first one), but I wouldn't call myself a fan.

Wuh... wuh... whaaat!

I love God of War!

I finished Part One AND Two!

I am TOTALLY excited for 3!

I just don't visit Official Topics too much for fear of spoilers.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 30307
News Posts: 1706
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Fri, 12 Mar 2010 19:17:22

phantom_leo said:

SteelAttack said:

Only Vader.

I liked the scope and forgiving combat of the second game (never tried the first one), but I wouldn't call myself a fan.

Wuh... wuh... whaaat!

I love God of War!

I finished Part One AND Two!

I am TOTALLY excited for 3!

I just don't visit Official Topics too much for fear of spoilers.

I kill anyone that spoils any one of my official topics, you are safe.

660896.png
avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 14602
News Posts: 1029
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 13 Mar 2010 03:34:30
In the end Kratos turns out to be a girl.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere  
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst  
Are full of passionate intensity.
avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 403
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-11-26
 
Mon, 15 Mar 2010 18:28:36
It's absolutely killing me that Metro 2033 is released on the same day, but I'll probably play God of War 3 first, because I know if I don't pick it up on day one, I'll never see it again.
--------------------------------------------

Listen to Iced Earth and play Doom

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 30307
News Posts: 1706
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Mon, 15 Mar 2010 19:11:12
Its GoW3 day!!!!

YEAHHHHHH!!!!!!

Tonight at midnight I will have it. I should celebrate by killing something. Nyaa
660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 18114
News Posts: 2085
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 15 Mar 2010 19:43:35
WOOOO!!!
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 30307
News Posts: 1706
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Mon, 15 Mar 2010 21:32:37
I am finishing up GoW2, that game is still like "OMG this is soooo awesome!" What a masterpiece. I expect that same level of awesome from this game. I will accept nothing less.
660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 18114
News Posts: 2085
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 16 Mar 2010 04:44:52
Words cannot do justice. Movies cannot do justice. Until you experience it for yourself, there's no imagining!

Without doubt this game will be the benchmark by which all other games will be compared, graphically!

I actually had to turn it off after three minutes of playing it 'cause my heart was drumming so hard in my chest and I need to go to sleep, like, right now!

How, just HOW did Santa Monica Studios produce an almost photo-realistic vision of a Greek Mythological World?!

The face of Gaea is going to be haunting my shortened dreams tonight!

I can't wait 'til all of my appointments are done tomorrow!!!
avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 403
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-11-26
 
Tue, 16 Mar 2010 05:58:06
I'm awake at 2am, partially because I went to bed really early, but also because I remembered GoW3 is coming out today.
--------------------------------------------

Listen to Iced Earth and play Doom

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 30307
News Posts: 1706
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Tue, 16 Mar 2010 07:01:48

I can confirm that my thread title is accurate. This is easily the most incredible looking game I have ever played. i still can't comprehend what I saw, what I played, how is it even in the same generation as the games were playing 3 years ago. This is why this console generation should and will last 2 to 3 more years. WOW!

That said it's GoW. I literally finished playing GoW2 again right before starting this game and besides the graphics from the future it feels like I am playing the next section of GoW2. Is that a bad thing... NO. I just fear that this game won't be that step up that GoW2 was over GoW1, i guess that is what reviewers were saying. That said I am fine with more GoW2.

I have found it to be way too easy on normal so I think I will start the game over again on hard tomorrow. I played for almost 2 hours. Nice mix of action and puzzles so far, feels like GoW2 in that regard. Besides the first boss fight which blew my mind visually, I have only fought one new enemy, everyone else has been GoW2 enemies, all the same strategies that worked in GoW2 work here. I love the new spell and the visual effect that goes with it. Having the bow not be tied to magic is a nice touch as well.

I guess what I am saying is that it's GOD OF WAR!! WOO!!

Edited: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 07:02:01
660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 30307
News Posts: 1706
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Tue, 16 Mar 2010 21:04:47
Restarted on hard, soooooo much better, now the combat system can shine. Still I found GoW2 hard harder, no biggie cause it was almost frustrating, this is perfect. I love all the little touches added to the combat system like the spells being tied to the weapons, mid-combo weapon changes, items that recharge separate from magic, the removal of crap you never use like Medusa head instead it is apart of a kill move. Also enemies react to force, if you slam into them you will see them fall back. If you knock them back near a wall they will slam into the wall and fall. All these little things make the combat feel better than ever. If only you dodge cancel, you still get stuck in an animation if you do one of the power attacks with no way out.

So far I am finding the game to have the same balance of puzzles and action of GoW2. The bosses so far I think are better, story is better, setpieces still leaning toward GoW2 at the moment. I just finished the demo portion, WOW how much better it was now. And yes it is still the must incredible mindblowing looking game I have ever seen. The stuff I have seen...
660896.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 44117
News Posts: 57226
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 16 Mar 2010 21:08:44
Cannot be unseen?

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 14602
News Posts: 1029
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 17 Mar 2010 03:32:43

gamingeek said:
Cannot be unseen?

LOL

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere  
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst  
Are full of passionate intensity.
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 44117
News Posts: 57226
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 17 Mar 2010 10:36:07

Foolz said:

gamingeek said:
Cannot be unseen?

LOL

 Did he see Kratos wang?

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 30307
News Posts: 1706
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Wed, 17 Mar 2010 23:32:01
Last night I had another marathon session and it had some of the mist spectacular setpieces I have ever seen, stuff on a scale that has never been done before. Plus there were some great puzzles, one that is like portal. I find this game to be even more balanced between action and other stuff be it puzzles or platforming than GoW2. I just got the last weapon in the game and it is so cool. Each weapon besides Hades' feels very different and useful. All the tweaks they made to the combat are great, this is definetely the most refined in the series in terms of combat.

My biggest issue is that I wish they let me explore that combat. When there is action there doesn't seem to be enough of it. The enemy combination they throw at you seem very simple to me. In GoW2 they would mix up all sorts of enemies, not just a bunch of easy ones with a hard guy, they would mix all sorts of harder enemies together. Also many battles in GoW2 had you fighting in the middle of a puzzle, or protecting someone, or doing something like pulling a block while fighting. So far I can recall one maybe two sections like that in GoW3. They have all these cool enemies and I feel I hardly see any of them, way too many zombie and skeleton guys.

That is a minor issue, me just wanting to fight harder guys. The game does everything right.
Edited: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 00:00:14
660896.png
<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
SupremeAC (5m)
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?