Forum > Gaming Discussion > Euro Podcast thread of getting Gamingeek to participate
Euro Podcast thread of getting Gamingeek to participate
<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46537
News Posts: 59765
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 08 Oct 2009 10:49:15

Yodariquo said:
You guys are useless.  The change in time is so that we do get different people, add on a difference in format, and you've got a different podcast.  I said to get an actual podcast name as the "Euro podcast" is a misnomer, and here GG goes "It's not a Euro podcast without..." ARGH!

The plan, regardless, is and always was to have a different time alternating weeks to get the different participants.

New name:

The better pocast than the weekend one - with 100% more Europeans too.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6361
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 08 Oct 2009 17:01:23
gamingeek said:

Yodariquo said:
You guys are useless.  The change in time is so that we do get different people, add on a difference in format, and you've got a different podcast.  I said to get an actual podcast name as the "Euro podcast" is a misnomer, and here GG goes "It's not a Euro podcast without..." ARGH!

The plan, regardless, is and always was to have a different time alternating weeks to get the different participants.

New name:

The better pocast than the weekend one - with 100% more Europeans too.

100% more than zero is still zero Grinning

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 15801
News Posts: 1042
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 09 Oct 2009 04:25:55

Yodariquo said:
gamingeek said:

Yodariquo said:
You guys are useless.  The change in time is so that we do get different people, add on a difference in format, and you've got a different podcast.  I said to get an actual podcast name as the "Euro podcast" is a misnomer, and here GG goes "It's not a Euro podcast without..." ARGH!

The plan, regardless, is and always was to have a different time alternating weeks to get the different participants.

New name:

The better pocast than the weekend one - with 100% more Europeans too.

100% more than zero is still zero Grinning

 Both Bugs and Iga have been on the weekend one! So really the only new European on is GG, which makes it 50% more European.

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46537
News Posts: 59765
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 09 Oct 2009 09:49:14

Foolz said:

Yodariquo said:
gamingeek said:

Yodariquo said:
You guys are useless.  The change in time is so that we do get different people, add on a difference in format, and you've got a different podcast.  I said to get an actual podcast name as the "Euro podcast" is a misnomer, and here GG goes "It's not a Euro podcast without..." ARGH!

The plan, regardless, is and always was to have a different time alternating weeks to get the different participants.

New name:

The better pocast than the weekend one - with 100% more Europeans too.

100% more than zero is still zero Grinning

Both Bugs and Iga have been on the weekend one! So really the only new European on is GG, which makes it 50% more European.

And 200% more man-hunk.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46537
News Posts: 59765
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 09 Oct 2009 21:34:05
avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9419
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 09 Oct 2009 23:03:49

Was way too long and a bit dry

But here's my part

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KLOAVUQS

The VG Press
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31234
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sat, 10 Oct 2009 02:09:49
Yay! So what were the topics.
660896.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6361
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 10 Oct 2009 02:32:17
Dvader said:
Yay! So what were the topics.

Slow news week, but Epic Mickey, Tretton's an idiot, RE5 Alternate Edition, International politics; you know, the usual.

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 15801
News Posts: 1042
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 10 Oct 2009 03:10:45

Woot!

Looking forward to it.

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46537
News Posts: 59765
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 10 Oct 2009 13:49:13

BTW I didn't mean to talk over you guys.

You know because when you are face to face you can tell when people want to speak. But in a online convo people try to speak at the same time and then we have that awkward pause "You go ahead, no you go ahead etc" so when that happened I just thought rather than have that awkwardness it was easier to keep talking.

avatar
Country: NL
Comments: 9419
News Posts: 9625
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 10 Oct 2009 14:02:48

gamingeek said:

BTW I didn't mean to talk over you guys.

You know because when you are face to face you can tell when people want to speak. But in a online convo people try to speak at the same time and then we have that awkward pause "You go ahead, no you go ahead etc" so when that happened I just thought rather than have that awkwardness it was easier to keep talking.

 No worries I am the host and I am supposed to lead a conversation and keep things on topic. The fact me and Master Yoda talked about the living standards of Canada and the Netherlands compared to the States means I failed miserably. We really need to set times far in advanced so I can prepare a structure and questions. 

So this means I will have to host again, this failure needs to be corrected. 

The VG Press
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6361
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 10 Oct 2009 15:37:46
gamingeek said:

BTW I didn't mean to talk over you guys.

You know because when you are face to face you can tell when people want to speak. But in a online convo people try to speak at the same time and then we have that awkward pause "You go ahead, no you go ahead etc" so when that happened I just thought rather than have that awkwardness it was easier to keep talking.

That would happen with the earlier podcasts, but then you get used to it and there's less of a problem.  The main trick is there seems to be a delay with the audio to get used to.  But it wasn't as big of an issue as you might think.

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 31234
News Posts: 1716
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Sat, 10 Oct 2009 22:14:06
Politics, this should be interesting.
660896.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 15801
News Posts: 1042
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 11 Oct 2009 03:42:50

Iga_Bobovic said:

gamingeek said:

BTW I didn't mean to talk over you guys.

You know because when you are face to face you can tell when people want to speak. But in a online convo people try to speak at the same time and then we have that awkward pause "You go ahead, no you go ahead etc" so when that happened I just thought rather than have that awkwardness it was easier to keep talking.

 No worries I am the host and I am supposed to lead a conversation and keep things on topic. The fact me and Master Yoda talked about the living standards of Canada and the Netherlands compared to the States means I failed miserably. We really need to set times far in advanced so I can prepare a structure and questions. 

So this means I will have to host again, this failure needs to be corrected. 

 My name for the podcast is more relevant than ever. Nyaa

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6361
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 12 Oct 2009 05:43:16
Euro podcast #2 is posted.  Warning: We cover every topic for about 3x-5x as long as we should have due to going off-topic constantly.

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46537
News Posts: 59765
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 12 Oct 2009 13:08:17

Yodariquo said:
Euro podcast #2 is posted.  Warning: We cover every topic for about 3x-5x as long as we should have due to going off-topic constantly.

I kept sending you guys messages saying to hurry up but you ignored me LOL

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46537
News Posts: 59765
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 12 Oct 2009 18:58:15
Damn, just listened. I bailed at 1 hr 15 minutes roughly, you guys went on for two hours? When you started talking about the exchange rate of the canadian dollar, that's when I zoned out LOL Only 1hr 45 minutes in.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6361
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 12 Oct 2009 19:00:34
gamingeek said:
Damn, just listened. I bailed at 1 hr 15 minutes roughly, you guys went on for two hours? When you started talking about the exchange rate of the canadian dollar, that's when I zoned out LOL Only 1hr 45 minutes in.

Fair enough, we zoned out long before that LOL

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 15801
News Posts: 1042
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 13 Oct 2009 05:49:31

Should've taken the laptop with you to the toilet, and the euro podcast should be devoted entirely to describing the advantages of socialism!

Good stuff. Grinning

When you played that Midi track I wondered if you'd got it from The Beatles Rockband.

Edited: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 05:50:01

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6361
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 21 Oct 2009 08:34:41
So are you guys going this week?  If not we need to know to organize the other cast, then.

If you are, then here are the predictions from last NPD podcast

39:55 - Halo ODST sales
  40:21 - "Beatles Rock Band could give it a run" (Yodariquo)
  40:29 - "1/3 the sales of Halo 3" (Dvader)
  40:32 - "Easily over a million" (darthhomer)
  40:38 - "1/4 the sales of Halo 3" (Yodariquo)


41:30 - Will Scribblenauts or Muramasa make the top 20 NPD?
  41:35 - "Scribblenauts top 20; Muramasa, not a chance" (Yodariquo)
  41:38 - "Right, I agree with that" (Dvader)
  41:49 - "enough to get [Scribblenauts] 50,000 maybe 60,000.  Might be enough to crack the top 20" (Dvader)
  42:07 - "[Scribblenauts] is not gonna make the top 10" (Yodariquo)

42:14 - "You're gonna have to sell over 150,000 next month to make the top 10"
  1:10:38 - "[PS3] could overtake [Wii] next month" (Yodariquo)

1:19:59 - "I think I have a better chance of an alien landing on my front lawn than Gamingeek getting on the podcast"

Also at a later point Dvader said Xbox 360 would be first, I said PS3 then Wii.  I win Nyaa

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?