Hereby some perculiar things I have learned when traveling through the States.

1) You keep walking to the absolute minimum. You do everything by car. If you can choose to drive half an hour to be able to save 2 minutes walking time, you will do just that. Walking is evil

2) If you do not have a car?! Well fuck you then, you are not leaving your house ever!

3) Turn signals?! What the fuck is that?! Never heard it!

4) The speed limit kinda seems random, 60 mph, 60 mph, 55 mph, 60 mph, 55 mph, 55 mph! Why the change of 55 mph to 60 mph? It seems random to me!

5) Speaking of the speed limit, it is not really a hard limit, more a suggestion. I was driving slighty above the speed limit with help of my cruise control, but everyone was passing me left and right, even the trucks!

6) Shifting gears is hard, automatic transmissions for everyone!

7) Busses are for old people and the poor. And sometimes some tourists!

8) Fuel is cheap

9) Lots of Dodge Rams, even though 90% will never use it as a pick up truck!

10) Hardly any front licence plates. Some car really look weird without them!

Posted by Iga_Bobovic Sun, 08 Nov 2015 19:38:14 (comments: 10)
 
Mon, 09 Nov 2015 02:16:28

Anyone sitting in the bed of the Dodge Rams?

 
Mon, 09 Nov 2015 02:32:15
Well legally you can drive 10 MPH over the Speed Limit but still many don't follow it.
 
Mon, 09 Nov 2015 12:38:51
Your title insinuates that the blog will be about things Iga had leered at in the USA. Like Hooters waitresses.
 
Mon, 09 Nov 2015 16:01:19
Pretty much nailed it. I drive across the street if I have to go to a neighbors house. Speed limits are suggestions, you should go 10 over. In reality go with the flow of traffic, don't slow shit down for the rest of us.
 
Tue, 10 Nov 2015 06:06:32
Foolz said:

Anyone sitting in the bed of the Dodge Rams?



Nope
Nintyfan17 said:
Well legally you can drive 10 MPH over the Speed Limit but still many don't follow it.

What?! I wish I knew that
gamingeek said:
Your title insinuates that the blog will be about things Iga had leered at in the USA. Like Hooters waitresses.

Dammit! Too much fat people though. Was hard not to stare!

Dvader said:
Pretty much nailed it. I drive across the street if I have to go to a neighbors house. Speed limits are suggestions, you should go 10 over. In reality go with the flow of traffic, don't slow shit down for the rest of us.

Believe me, they were not slowing down!
 
Tue, 10 Nov 2015 15:27:06
The 10 MPH over speed limit is not everywhere in the States. Is 5 MPH over here in Colorado. 10, is a guaranteed ticket. I was stopped for going 6 over once.
 
Tue, 10 Nov 2015 15:45:34
Ravenprose said:
The 10 MPH over speed limit is not everywhere in the States. Is 5 MPH over here in Colorado. 10, is a guaranteed ticket. I was stopped for going 6 over once.

It might depend on the environment. Colorado has a lot of mountains, I've never been there I only know about it from certain TV shows filmed there. Sure in Pennsylvania it is mountainous in the middle of the state but the other areas are either flat or hilly.

 
Wed, 11 Nov 2015 09:05:49
Iga_Bobovic said:

Hereby some perculiar things I have learned when traveling through the States.

1) You keep walking to the absolute minimum. You do everything by car. If you can choose to drive half an hour to be able to save 2 minutes walking time, you will do just that. Walking is evil

2) If you do not have a car?! Well fuck you then, you are not leaving your house ever!

3) Turn signals?! What the fuck is that?! Never heard it!

4) The speed limit kinda seems random, 60 mph, 60 mph, 55 mph, 60 mph, 55 mph, 55 mph! Why the change of 55 mph to 60 mph? It seems random to me!

5) Speaking of the speed limit, it is not really a hard limit, more a suggestion. I was driving slighty above the speed limit with help of my cruise control, but everyone was passing me left and right, even the trucks!

6) Shifting gears is hard, automatic transmissions for everyone!

7) Busses are for old people and the poor. And sometimes some tourists!

Cool Fuel is cheap

9) Lots of Dodge Rams, even though 90% will never use it as a pick up truck!

10) Hardly any front licence plates. Some car really look weird without them!

As a US citizen I can say that you nailed it. NAILED IT. GBA.

 
Wed, 11 Nov 2015 09:07:43
Ravenprose said:
The 10 MPH over speed limit is not everywhere in the States. Is 5 MPH over here in Colorado. 10, is a guaranteed ticket. I was stopped for going 6 over once.

True. In California, if speed cameras pick you up, (or CHP officer is a c***, you can be 1 mile over you are paying for a ticket).

 
Mon, 16 Nov 2015 15:54:58

Yeah they change the speed limits constantly on some roads basically for cops to be able to give out cheap ass tickets by catching people in these speed traps. The road I work on goes from 40....to 30 then BOOM down to 20 real quick and the cops always sit there and wait for easy targets. And usually, the roads with the lower speed limits are the ones that should have the HIGHER limits, so they know they will get people speeding there.

And Yes, people are lazy. Once you get used to driving everywhere its hard to break that habit. Hell as teens, me and my friends used to walk EVERYWHERE but then as soon as vehicles come into play you're like nope, fuck that, call so in so he has a car.

Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?