Forum > Non-Gaming Discussion > So Site Suggestions and Rules Version 1.0 VOTE NOW!
So Site Suggestions and Rules Version 1.0 VOTE NOW!
<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 15761
News Posts: 1041
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:42:30

gamingeek said:

Just Ranger then.

Texas Ranger!

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6345
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 18 Feb 2010 16:32:08
Foolz said:

gamingeek said:

Just Ranger then.

Texas Ranger!

Ranger of the North!

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6345
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 19 Feb 2010 03:32:47
Now it looks a bit like the reviews are going neglected because of their placement "below the fold" on the front page.  The redesign was due to an apparent need to shift away from just tossing aggregates of everything at the casual visitor.

I suppose the most consistent thing would be to apply the same treatment the blogs got, but I can tell you it's not going to happen as quickly.  Blogs essentially had the identical table structure for data as the forum topics.  Reviews are completely different.

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 18092
News Posts: 8761
Joined: 2008-08-18
 
Fri, 19 Feb 2010 08:06:55
Perhaps another way would be to add a Reviews tab, and then have a page of the most recent reviews (much as they are presented on the home page?)

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 46369
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 19 Feb 2010 10:13:10

I liked the old front page with the big old join button and all that and thumbnails.

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Mon, 22 Feb 2010 21:39:15

gamingeek said:

I liked the old front page with the big old join button and all that and thumbnails.

No.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14682
News Posts: 2158
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 22 Feb 2010 21:43:14

SteelAttack said:

gamingeek said:

I liked the old front page with the big old join button and all that and thumbnails.

No.

Yes!

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 18092
News Posts: 8761
Joined: 2008-08-18
 
Tue, 23 Feb 2010 00:18:53

Ravenprose said:

SteelAttack said:

gamingeek said:

I liked the old front page with the big old join button and all that and thumbnails.

No.

Yes!

No, the new page is much better. More content.

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6345
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 23 Feb 2010 00:22:34
This is why I don't even ask about these things anymore.

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 18092
News Posts: 8761
Joined: 2008-08-18
 
Tue, 23 Feb 2010 00:30:06
Exactly.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14682
News Posts: 2158
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 23 Feb 2010 01:20:04
BTW, I wasn't being serious. I was trying to annoy Steel.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Tue, 23 Feb 2010 04:49:33

Ravenprose said:
BTW, I wasn't being serious. I was trying to annoy Steel.

You failed.

Touch my groin!

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14682
News Posts: 2158
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 23 Feb 2010 04:51:00

SteelAttack said:

Ravenprose said:
BTW, I wasn't being serious. I was trying to annoy Steel.

You failed.

Touch my groin!

No

The VG Press

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Tue, 23 Feb 2010 04:57:30

Ravenprose said:

SteelAttack said:

Ravenprose said:
BTW, I wasn't being serious. I was trying to annoy Steel.

You failed.

Touch my groin!

No

Come on, don't be shy. I washed it! I swear.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14682
News Posts: 2158
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 23 Feb 2010 05:15:36

SteelAttack said:

Ravenprose said:

SteelAttack said:

Ravenprose said:
BTW, I wasn't being serious. I was trying to annoy Steel.

You failed.

Touch my groin!

No

Come on, don't be shy. I washed it! I swear.

You lie!

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 46369
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 23 Feb 2010 20:14:15

Ravenprose said:

SteelAttack said:

Ravenprose said:

SteelAttack said:

Ravenprose said:
BTW, I wasn't being serious. I was trying to annoy Steel.

You failed.

Touch my groin!

No

Come on, don't be shy. I washed it! I swear.

You lie!

*sniffs*

Yeah, he's lying.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 46369
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 26 Feb 2010 15:21:38

Couple of suggestions.

Instead of having the requirement for one tag on news posting, if no box is ticked, auto tick the news tag.

You're breaking my fingers here. Sad

Also, "hands on" add that the list of words that auto ticks the impressions box plz. Happy

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 6345
News Posts: 411
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 26 Feb 2010 17:51:38
The imposed requirement was added after the news trended significantly toward no tags unless it was automatically filled.  Adding in a default of "news" I whole-heartedly then expect essentially nothing to change except that now instead of not getting any tag because it went completely ignored, it will now get a possibly incorrect news tag.

If they're being applied correctly in the first place, then there isn't a problem at all with the idea.  If they're not, then it just makes things even worse.

---

Tell me to get back to rewriting this site so it's not horrible on mobile
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 18092
News Posts: 8761
Joined: 2008-08-18
 
Sat, 27 Feb 2010 07:50:52

gamingeek said:

Couple of suggestions.

Instead of having the requirement for one tag on news posting, if no box is ticked, auto tick the news tag.

You're breaking my fingers here. Sad

Also, "hands on" add that the list of words that auto ticks the impressions box plz. Happy

You're so lazy Nyaa

I was thinking of suggesting of adding a Rumor checkbox, that seems to come up a lot. 

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 15761
News Posts: 1041
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 28 Feb 2010 01:49:29
And interviews! I usually end up tagging them as editorial I think.

I suppose they might fit under that anyway.

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
SupremeAC (3m) travo (4m)
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?