Forum > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo E3 Conference, this is the Odd one
Nintendo E3 Conference, this is the Odd one
<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 10185
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Tue, 13 Jun 2017 17:31:31
SupremeAC said:
Archangel3371 said:

Woah. Awkward stick/stand placement on that Gerudo amiibo. LOL

Idunno, she seemed quite pleased with it.

That is true. LOL

179417.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 13868
News Posts: 211
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 13 Jun 2017 17:34:22

So they said Metroid Prime 4 is being made but didn't show anything? See this is the problem with Nintendo...it's like every time they release a console the software is about one to two years BEHIND where it should be.

Mario Universe should have been a launch game and a new Metroid should have been ready for this year....especially considering it's been 7 fucking years since the last real one which they didn't even make themselves. Just way waaaay too slow on the software front and it's why I don't see the Switch sustaining its momentum. But I will pick one up for sure once Metroid actually comes out.

1106628.png?51566395

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 42997
News Posts: 54355
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 13 Jun 2017 17:35:23
SupremeAC said:
What a complete no show.  Pokemon is coming, but no footage.  Same for MP4.  The only other reveal was Rocket League.  It's the WiiU all over again.

Hey, Wii U neither got a Metroid Prime or mainline Pokemon RPG.

Archangel3371 said:

Some really good stuff shown but too short and the lack of any mention about VC and online was pretty disappointing. Better then Sony's conference but not as good as Microsoft's.

You not watching the Treehouse? It continued from the main video, its still happening now

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 13868
News Posts: 211
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 13 Jun 2017 17:38:56
Archangel3371 said:

Better then Sony's conference but not as good as Microsoft's.

What the hell have you been smoking? LOL

They've all been pretty boring this year but Nintendo was definitely the worst. I guess you ccould say Metroid Prime is the surprise of the show, but no footage? Ugh.

1106628.png?51566395

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 42997
News Posts: 54355
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 13 Jun 2017 17:41:35
edgecrusher said:

So they said Metroid Prime 4 is being made but didn't show anything? See this is the problem with Nintendo...it's like every time they release a console the software is about one to two years BEHIND where it should be.

It launched with Zelda, shortly after MK8 Deluxe is out, Arms is out this week, a few weeks after that Splatoon 2, then Pokken and Mario Odyssey in November and unless I missed something Xenoblade 2 this year too? That's pretty good for year one, and the Switch only launched in like March? That's ignoring third party stuff, which is light and mostly indie.

But yeah, who knows what the F Retro studios is doing? It should have had something to show. As for Pokémon, the Pokémon Company just released Sun Moon and now are pimping all their variants on 3DS. The more I read about them, the less control I think Nintendo has on them, if any these days. Remember it's got 3 different owners.

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 10185
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Tue, 13 Jun 2017 17:42:57
edgecrusher said:
Archangel3371 said:

Better then Sony's conference but not as good as Microsoft's.

What the hell have you been smoking? LOL

They've all been pretty boring this year but Nintendo was definitely the worst. I guess you ccould say Metroid Prime is the surprise of the show, but no footage? Ugh.

I don't smoke.

Welcome to the real world though where different people have different tastes and opinions though. Nyaa

Anyway I've seen a lot of great games that I'm looking forward to playing plus a fancy new console to pick up this year so E3 is making me happy.

179417.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 13868
News Posts: 211
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 13 Jun 2017 17:44:34
gamingeek said:

It launched with Zelda, shortly after MK8 Deluxe is out, Arms is out this week, a few weeks after that Splatoon 2, then Pokken and Mario Odyssey in November and unless I missed something Xenoblade 2 this year too? That's pretty good for year one, and the Switch only launched in like March? That's ignoring third party stuff, which is light and mostly indie.

But yeah, who knows what the F Retro studios is doing? It should have had something to show. As for Pokémon, the Pokémon Company just released Sun Moon and now are pimping all their variants on 3DS. The more I read about them, the less control I think Nintendo has on them, if any these days. Remember it's got 3 different owners.

Yeah it launched with a Wii U game that they held back to launch with the system...shouldn't need to do that. MK8...another Wii U game. Arms....no I'm good. Pokken...another Wii U game. Splatoon 2 ok, I'll give you. Xenoblade in the west this year? I highly doubt it.

1106628.png?51566395

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 10185
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Tue, 13 Jun 2017 17:44:45
gamingeek said:

You not watching the Treehouse? It continued from the main video, its still happening now

Yeah I'm watching the Treehouse. It's the one where they are showing off Super Mario Odyssey right?

The game looks fantastic.

179417.png
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 13868
News Posts: 211
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 13 Jun 2017 17:45:34
Archangel3371 said:

I don't smoke.

Maybe you should. LOL

1106628.png?51566395

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 10185
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Tue, 13 Jun 2017 17:47:36
+1
edgecrusher said:
Archangel3371 said:

I don't smoke.

Maybe you should. LOL

No thanks, I choose a life where I can breath. Nyaa

179417.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 29972
News Posts: 1704
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Tue, 13 Jun 2017 17:57:06

Ok Mario oddyssey trailer was mind blowing! So much variety! Change into anything!

Gameplay demo though hasn't been iffy. I see crappy side quests, collect five muscians? They went into these sidebar levels that were so simplistic and boring and they got a moon for it. Reminded me of a simple zelda shrine in compared to a real level. But toward the end the full level wasn't awesome. The 2D mural thing is a great addition. The boss battle was crap.

I wonder if it will match galaxy.

660896.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 29972
News Posts: 1704
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Tue, 13 Jun 2017 17:58:49

I'll give it a C+ mainly cause they told us metroid is coming. Mario odyssey is one of the most impressive things shown. Kirby and yoshi are emergency games. Zelda DLC showed almost nothing. Xenoblade ok whatever, I rather have gameplay than a story trailer. I'm dropping it to a C

660896.png
avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 10185
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Tue, 13 Jun 2017 18:01:04

Super Mario Odyssey gameplay looks excellent. Nice to see Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is still on schedule for this year. I enjoy the Kirby and Yoshi games so those were nice to see. Don't care for the Rabbids so that game is probably a pass for me. Fire Emblem Warriors looks cool. Metroid Prime 4 was just a title screen but hey at least it is officially being worked on now. Enjoyed Pokken Tournament so I'll be double dipping with it in the Deluxe version. No VC or online functionality mentions was a disappointment. 7.5/10 for me.

Edited: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 18:01:40
179417.png
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 42997
News Posts: 54355
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 13 Jun 2017 18:07:28

They are showing a new Metroid game now on 3DS

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 29972
News Posts: 1704
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Tue, 13 Jun 2017 18:09:20

2D Metroid!!!!!!!   OMG OMG OMG LOL it's metroid 2

660896.png
avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 10185
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Tue, 13 Jun 2017 18:09:40

Metroid: Samus Returns for 3DS! A reimagined Metroid 2 Samus Returns. Cool.

179417.png
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 42997
News Posts: 54355
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Tue, 13 Jun 2017 18:11:15
Dvader said:

Xenoblade ok whatever, I rather have gameplay than a story trailer. I'm dropping it to a C

There's no pleasing Xenoblade fans critics.

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 10185
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Tue, 13 Jun 2017 18:13:53

This Metroid game is looking quite good. Sales +1.

179417.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 29972
News Posts: 1704
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Tue, 13 Jun 2017 18:18:38

LOLIts another metroid 2 remake! No chance this game is as good as the one that came out last year. It's also mercury steam, that's why it looks like the CV game.

660896.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 29972
News Posts: 1704
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Tue, 13 Jun 2017 18:19:49

So you guys can pay for this thing, expensive, probably not that great. Or play a FREE version of this game that's better than anything since super metroid and looks like super metroid.

660896.png
<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
travo (6m)
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?