Forum > Gaming Discussion > Aquanaughts' Holiday (PS3) Ocean Exploration now in English
Aquanaughts' Holiday (PS3) Ocean Exploration now in English
next >>
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46253
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 03 Dec 2008 12:16:51
0

Aquanaught Holiday is now availible in English. PS3 is region free. So buy it, you *******!

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-15-+Aquanaut%27s+Holiday-70-34md.html

Pics courtesy of Goldrusher GAF







Sea of Melody



Sea of Calling









Pics from the site:























avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 644
News Posts: 6
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 03 Dec 2008 12:36:51
0

Ballsy move Sony, rip off Endless Ocean/Forever Blue completely. (Although it looks better than on Wii, duh.)

What ever happened to Afrika? Is that game still not out?


avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 15743
News Posts: 1040
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 03 Dec 2008 14:27:56
0

^ Sony rip someone off? lolwut?

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46253
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 03 Dec 2008 14:28:04
0
Well any scuba game would look similar to any other I suppose, especially if its going for realism and there were two Everblue games before Endless Ocean (by the same developers as Endless Ocean). However EO did launch in Japan almost a full year before Aquanaughts and some of the pics do look eerily familiar to me. But maybe they are just using similar real life locations as inspiration?

I think it's debatable to me which game looks better. Both games have the limitation of underwater visibility and the Wii game has a focus mode which allows you to zoom in on any surface and get hyper detail. Some of the Aquanaughts screens are too clean and rounded, almost plastic like and some of the textures are about on par with some Endless Ocean textures. Of course the HD and bump/normal mapping helps Aquanaughts, but for me personally it makes everything look a little too clean/fake. The squid is telling for me.

Whats great about Aqua is that it renders tons of fish at the same time, which is what its actually like in the ocean. Beautiful Ocean in the few screens we've seen so far has shown a group of humpbacks.

Still, different systems, get both. I would.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14646
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 03 Dec 2008 18:47:45
0

Looks boring. Nyaa

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46253
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 03 Dec 2008 19:06:33
0
Ravenprose said:

Looks boring. Nyaa



You're really pushing it Hamster! Yell

Endless Ocean still looks great.

If only my Wii didn't have red and green dots Sad

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 2701
News Posts: 277
Joined: 2008-07-12
 
Thu, 04 Dec 2008 01:46:55
0

Yarcofin said:


Ballsy move Sony, rip off Endless Ocean/Forever Blue completely. (Although it looks better than on Wii, duh.)


What ever happened to Afrika? Is that game still not out?





Actually Yarco...Aquanaughts Holiday has been around for at least a decade.

Afrika is out.

Edited: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 01:50:50

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46253
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 04 Dec 2008 19:09:34
0
Aquanaughts dates back to 1995 whilst the Everblue/Endless Ocean series dates back 8 years. They are both old franchises repackaged for the new generation. Both games seem to be feeding off each other.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14646
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 04 Dec 2008 19:39:14
0

And they both look boring. Nyaa

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 2701
News Posts: 277
Joined: 2008-07-12
 
Fri, 05 Dec 2008 01:54:02
Ravenprose said:

And they both look boring. Nyaa

GG is going to rip your throat out.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14646
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 05 Dec 2008 01:59:55
darthhomer said:
Ravenprose said:

And they both look boring. Nyaa

GG is going to rip your throat out.

I should rip GG's throat out for convincing me to buy Endless Boredom--er, I mean, Ocean. Nyaa

The VG Press

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 15743
News Posts: 1040
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 05 Dec 2008 08:36:33

You gave them money so luckily we won't have to kill you.

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14646
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 05 Dec 2008 09:10:04
Foolz said:

You gave them money so luckily we won't have to kill you.

Ha! Maybe I bought it used, Foolz. Nyaa

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46253
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 05 Dec 2008 11:32:02
Raven you exist on every blacklist around the world. The name Ravenprose shall be linked in the Dictionary under "Evil toadboy"

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 15743
News Posts: 1040
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 05 Dec 2008 12:32:42
Ravenprose said:
Foolz said:

You gave them money so luckily we won't have to kill you.

Ha! Maybe I bought it used, Foolz. Nyaa

If you did you wouldn't have been able to make that post because you would already have been dead.

    Children, our lives have been gongs striking; clamour and boasting; cries of despair; blows on the nape of the neck in gardens.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46253
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 05 Dec 2008 17:53:58
Ravenprose said:
darthhomer said:
Ravenprose said:

And they both look boring. Nyaa

GG is going to rip your throat out.

I should rip GG's throat out for convincing me to buy Endless Boredom--er, I mean, Ocean. Nyaa



I dont get it, when you first bought it you thanked me and said that its chilled out mood really suited your mood.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14646
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 05 Dec 2008 18:43:47
gamingeek said:
Ravenprose said:
darthhomer said:
Ravenprose said:

And they both look boring. Nyaa

GG is going to rip your throat out.

I should rip GG's throat out for convincing me to buy Endless Boredom--er, I mean, Ocean. Nyaa



I dont get it, when you first bought it you thanked me and said that its chilled out mood really suited your mood.

LOL GG, I'm just joking with you! Notice the " Nyaa " at the end of every silly comment I have made? I actually like Endless Ocean a lot, and no, I didn't buy a used copy either. Happy

Edited: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 18:53:21

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46253
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 05 Dec 2008 19:00:58
But you say you hate Elebits too. Is this a joke too? You mock it so much I feel weak inside. Sad

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14646
News Posts: 2156
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 05 Dec 2008 19:09:00
gamingeek said:
But you say you hate Elebits too. Is this a joke too? You mock it so much I feel weak inside. Sad

I feel the same way about Elebits as I do de Blob. Both are fine games that can be oddly addictive in their charms, but I found them a little boring in their  repetitive gameplay.

Edited: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 19:09:54

The VG Press

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46253
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 05 Dec 2008 19:11:22
Ravenprose said:
gamingeek said:
But you say you hate Elebits too. Is this a joke too? You mock it so much I feel weak inside. Sad

I feel the same way about Elebits as I do de Blob. Both are fine games that can be oddly addictive in their charms, but I found them a little boring in their  repetitive gameplay.



Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

next >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
*crickets*
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?