Forum > Non-Gaming Discussion > Star Wars The Force Awakens OT: A New Hope
Star Wars The Force Awakens OT: A New Hope
<< prev
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 10856
News Posts: 129
Joined: 2008-07-03
 
Sun, 17 Apr 2016 17:47:54
+1

The VG Press

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 17135
News Posts: 8632
Joined: 2008-08-18
 
Sat, 17 Sep 2016 23:31:24

I just watched it last night (came on netflix).  I can see if you were into Star Wars it would be a very satisfying experience. I'm not going to disparage it, because obviously having not seen any of the others except for Empire, it would not be fair, but for a contemporary space action film it was enjoyable enough.


Twitter
: @gameunderphil

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 2953
News Posts: 266
Joined: 2010-07-12
 
Sat, 17 Sep 2016 23:34:00
I finally saw it on Starz today.

It premiered on Starz on September 10th but I was on vacation at the time and the place I was staying didn't have Starz.

SUPER MARIO MAKER LEVELS:

  • SMB Mix-Up! (1AB2-0000-0047-5A7D)
  • Storm the Castle (77BD-0000-00E0-A9C0)
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 10856
News Posts: 129
Joined: 2008-07-03
 
Sat, 17 Sep 2016 23:35:28
Nintyfan17 said:
I finally saw it on Starz today.


It premiered on Starz on September 10th but I was on vacation at the time and the place I was staying didn't have Starz.

What did you think?

The VG Press

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 2953
News Posts: 266
Joined: 2010-07-12
 
Sat, 17 Sep 2016 23:38:50
travo said:

What did you think?

I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan but I liked it.

SUPER MARIO MAKER LEVELS:

  • SMB Mix-Up! (1AB2-0000-0047-5A7D)
  • Storm the Castle (77BD-0000-00E0-A9C0)
avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 17135
News Posts: 8632
Joined: 2008-08-18
 
Sun, 18 Sep 2016 00:13:29

I guess the best thing I could say is, if someone had done a new treatment of Back to the Future as well as that, I'd probably go watch it three times and buy the t-shirt and blu-ray.


Twitter
: @gameunderphil

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 42490
News Posts: 53241
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 18 Sep 2016 11:23:44
aspro said:

I just watched it last night (came on netflix).  I can see if you were into Star Wars it would be a very satisfying experience. I'm not going to disparage it, because obviously having not seen any of the others except for Empire, it would not be fair, but for a contemporary space action film it was enjoyable enough.

How do you end up only having seen the middle part of a trilogy?

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 17135
News Posts: 8632
Joined: 2008-08-18
 
Mon, 19 Sep 2016 09:44:56
gamingeek said:
aspro said:

I just watched it last night (came on netflix).  I can see if you were into Star Wars it would be a very satisfying experience. I'm not going to disparage it, because obviously having not seen any of the others except for Empire, it would not be fair, but for a contemporary space action film it was enjoyable enough.

How do you end up only having seen the middle part of a trilogy?

I saw Empire in the 90's (?) when it was re-released in the theatre when friends dragged me to it (they said it was the best one). I blame never seeing it on the fact that it was never licensed on free TV while I was a kid.  Then by the time VHS came out it was an "old" movie series.


Twitter
: @gameunderphil

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 42490
News Posts: 53241
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 19 Sep 2016 11:30:10
+1

They repeated the trilogy on TV regularly here when I was kid, then when the prequels arrived, they came back on.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 10856
News Posts: 129
Joined: 2008-07-03
 
Tue, 24 Jan 2017 00:16:53

So....that title...a Luke reference or is talking about Rey? Is Luke possibly abandoning the idea of good(Jedi) vs evil(sith) and want to focus on force users.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 2953
News Posts: 266
Joined: 2010-07-12
 
Tue, 24 Jan 2017 00:29:49
travo said:

So....that title...a Luke reference or is talking about Rey? Is Luke possibly abandoning the idea of good(Jedi) vs evil(sith) and want to focus on force users.

I think it is a reference to Luke because in Return of the Jedi, Yoda referred to Luke as the last Jedi in his death speech.

SUPER MARIO MAKER LEVELS:

  • SMB Mix-Up! (1AB2-0000-0047-5A7D)
  • Storm the Castle (77BD-0000-00E0-A9C0)
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 10856
News Posts: 129
Joined: 2008-07-03
 
Tue, 24 Jan 2017 00:55:35
Nintyfan17 said:
travo said:

So....that title...a Luke reference or is talking about Rey? Is Luke possibly abandoning the idea of good(Jedi) vs evil(sith) and want to focus on force users.

I think it is a reference to Luke because in Return of the Jedi, Yoda referred to Luke as the last Jedi in his death speech.

Maybe but I couldn't help but think that Rey will be a grey force user.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 29780
News Posts: 1690
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Tue, 24 Jan 2017 01:08:21

Its clearly about luke. But Jedi is plural so it can be both.

660896.png
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 10856
News Posts: 129
Joined: 2008-07-03
 
Tue, 24 Jan 2017 01:21:15

It stinks to me know hat in thirty years we are still with one Jedi.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 29780
News Posts: 1690
Joined: 2008-06-22
 
Tue, 24 Jan 2017 02:21:02
travo said:

It stinks to me know hat in thirty years we are still with one Jedi.

He is seriously the worst teacher ever.

660896.png
<< prev
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
travo (9m)
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?