Forum > Gaming Discussion > Mario Kart (Wii) Weekly Championship Thread: This week - Mushroom Gorge
Mario Kart (Wii) Weekly Championship Thread: This week - Mushroom Gorge
next >>
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 15 Apr 2009 12:45:56
0

vo0co0.jpg

Firstly, register the codes from everyone here and if yours isn't on there, get it to us fast (Archie, Bugs)

CODES-ARE-HERE

THIS WEEKS TRACK

Mushroom Gorge

HOW IT WORKS

Each week we time trial one track to try to get the best times, it starts Monday morning and finishes the following Monday.

You get points for your position like Mario Kart:

  • First place       10
  • Second place   9
  • Third Place      8

And so on...

Note:

It's not about posting your best ever time for that track, but your best time acheived on the track for that week you try.

THE RANKINGS

Kaepora      10

Gamingeek  19

ONLINE MEET UPS

We can arrange online matches here. You can use the timezone table from the online thread to arrange matches.

timezone-table or use: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/


Edited: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 12:34:29

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Wed, 15 Apr 2009 14:36:12
0
I'll be cheering you from the sidelines, guys.

Without clothes.
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 15 Apr 2009 14:55:03
0

SteelAttack said:
I'll be cheering you from the sidelines, guys.

Without clothes.

Nice, hope your penis gets caught in an exhaust pipe.

We have 7 guys with Mario Kart here but I guess we have to exclude Raven now.

If we get to above 10 player than the points system will need an overhaul LOL.

I need to make a sig for the highest point guy to gloat.

avatar
Country: EU
Comments: 130
News Posts: 3
Joined: 2009-03-25
 
Wed, 15 Apr 2009 14:59:23
0

gamingeek said:

SteelAttack said:
I'll be cheering you from the sidelines, guys.

Without clothes.

Nice, hope your penis gets caught in an exhaust pipe.

We have 7 guys with Mario Kart here but I guess we have to exclude Raven now.

If we get to above 10 player than the points system will need an overhaul LOL.

I need to make a sig for the highest point guy to gloat.

Thanks, but I don't need a sig.  Make one for 2nd place though Happy

Kaepora[] - brought to you by TripleTags.com
avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Wed, 15 Apr 2009 15:01:08
0

Kaepora said:

gamingeek said:

SteelAttack said:
I'll be cheering you from the sidelines, guys.

Without clothes.

Nice, hope your penis gets caught in an exhaust pipe.

We have 7 guys with Mario Kart here but I guess we have to exclude Raven now.

If we get to above 10 player than the points system will need an overhaul LOL.

I need to make a sig for the highest point guy to gloat.

Thanks, but I don't need a sig.  Make one for 2nd place though Happy

OMG there's a solid pair of balls for you guys.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 15 Apr 2009 15:11:38
0

Kaepora said:

gamingeek said:

SteelAttack said:
I'll be cheering you from the sidelines, guys.

Without clothes.

Nice, hope your penis gets caught in an exhaust pipe.

We have 7 guys with Mario Kart here but I guess we have to exclude Raven now.

If we get to above 10 player than the points system will need an overhaul LOL.

I need to make a sig for the highest point guy to gloat.

Thanks, but I don't need a sig.  Make one for 2nd place though Happy

I'll just make the "Kaepora is an ass" - sig. Then we can all use it Nyaa

avatar
Country: EU
Comments: 130
News Posts: 3
Joined: 2009-03-25
 
Wed, 15 Apr 2009 15:29:00
0

gamingeek said:

Kaepora said:

gamingeek said:

SteelAttack said:
I'll be cheering you from the sidelines, guys.

Without clothes.

Nice, hope your penis gets caught in an exhaust pipe.

We have 7 guys with Mario Kart here but I guess we have to exclude Raven now.

If we get to above 10 player than the points system will need an overhaul LOL.

I need to make a sig for the highest point guy to gloat.

Thanks, but I don't need a sig.  Make one for 2nd place though Happy

I'll just make the "Kaepora is an ass" - sig. Then we can all use it Nyaa

lol

Kaepora[] - brought to you by TripleTags.com
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 15 Apr 2009 15:31:57
0
I just noticed that out of my friends, Kaepora and Mantorok both have better times than me on Luigi circuit. Uh oh.

avatar
Country: MX
Comments: 11479
News Posts: 1163
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Wed, 15 Apr 2009 15:33:00
0

gamingeek said:
I just noticed that out of my friends, Kaepora and Mantorok both have better times than me on Luigi circuit. Uh oh.

Make a new rule where you are given an advantage of 1 lap.

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 15 Apr 2009 16:02:39

^I may need it.

Can anyone answer this question. This REALLY bugs me.

So challenging the times of Nintendo staffers ghosts. Sometimes I use the same character, the same vehicle I do the same rocket boost start and for NO reason whatsoever that I can see, they rocket forward faaaar further then me. Which automatically gives them a 2-3 second lead over me within the first half second.

What is this? How does this work? Are there different levels of rocket boost starts?

This is completely unfair.

avatar
Country: EU
Comments: 130
News Posts: 3
Joined: 2009-03-25
 
Wed, 15 Apr 2009 16:04:06

gamingeek said:
I just noticed that out of my friends, Kaepora and Mantorok both have better times than me on Luigi circuit. Uh oh.

I've not touched the time trials, must have been when I let my little sister play.  Blinfolded.  Holding the Wii wheel with oven gloves.


Hey Mantorok, GG wants to know how you'd like your sig Nyaa

Kaepora[] - brought to you by TripleTags.com
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 15 Apr 2009 16:06:11

Kaepora said:

gamingeek said:
I just noticed that out of my friends, Kaepora and Mantorok both have better times than me on Luigi circuit. Uh oh.

I've not touched the time trials, must have been when I let my little sister play.  Blinfolded.  Holding the Wii wheel with oven gloves.


Hey Mantorok, GG wants to know how you'd like your sig Nyaa

New rule, slag.

It's not about posting your best ever time for that track, but your best time acheived on the track for that week you try.  

avatar
Country: EU
Comments: 130
News Posts: 3
Joined: 2009-03-25
 
Wed, 15 Apr 2009 16:11:16

gamingeek said:

^I may need it.

Can anyone answer this question. This REALLY bugs me.

So challenging the times of Nintendo staffers ghosts. Sometimes I use the same character, the same vehicle I do the same rocket boost start and for NO reason whatsoever that I can see, they rocket forward faaaar further then me. Which automatically gives them a 2-3 second lead over me within the first half second.

What is this? How does this work? Are there different levels of rocket boost starts?

This is completely unfair.

I think it's to do with when you press the accelerate button.  I've noticed sometimes I get boost starts but not very fast ones if I've not pressed it soon enough, but other times I get much better ones.

Kaepora[] - brought to you by TripleTags.com
avatar
Country: EU
Comments: 130
News Posts: 3
Joined: 2009-03-25
 
Wed, 15 Apr 2009 16:18:20

gamingeek said:

Kaepora said:

gamingeek said:
I just noticed that out of my friends, Kaepora and Mantorok both have better times than me on Luigi circuit. Uh oh.

I've not touched the time trials, must have been when I let my little sister play.  Blinfolded.  Holding the Wii wheel with oven gloves.


Hey Mantorok, GG wants to know how you'd like your sig Nyaa

New rule, slag.

It's not about posting your best ever time for that track, but your best time acheived on the track for that week you try.  

Sounds good.

Is there a way to check the date do you know?  Or are we all trust worthy enough?

Kaepora[] - brought to you by TripleTags.com
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 15 Apr 2009 16:28:57

Kaepora said:

gamingeek said:

^I may need it.

Can anyone answer this question. This REALLY bugs me.

So challenging the times of Nintendo staffers ghosts. Sometimes I use the same character, the same vehicle I do the same rocket boost start and for NO reason whatsoever that I can see, they rocket forward faaaar further then me. Which automatically gives them a 2-3 second lead over me within the first half second.

What is this? How does this work? Are there different levels of rocket boost starts?

This is completely unfair.

I think it's to do with when you press the accelerate button.  I've noticed sometimes I get boost starts but not very fast ones if I've not pressed it soon enough, but other times I get much better ones.

I press it once the second light has beeped and is fading out. How do you get the super boost they get? It automatically cripples my time trial times. Sad I hate it.

Kaepora said:

gamingeek said:

New rule, slag.

It's not about posting your best ever time for that track, but your best time acheived on the track for that week you try.  

Sounds good.

Is there a way to check the date do you know?  Or are we all trust worthy enough?

We're all trustworthy, we've known each other for years. It's you, the masked avenger who is suspicious!! Heh heh.

It's just for fun anyway so, we work on the honour system. Unless you can check the date on the Mario Kart channel somehow I guess.

I just read that if you change your Mii appearance in terms of weight on the Mii Channel, your mario kart mii changes weight class. Nice.

avatar
Country: EU
Comments: 130
News Posts: 3
Joined: 2009-03-25
 
Wed, 15 Apr 2009 16:42:40
It took me ages to work out that weight thing, so now I've got a short skinny Mii.  hehe, Miidget.


Kaepora[] - brought to you by TripleTags.com
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Thu, 16 Apr 2009 12:20:34

1:19.675

New Record for Luigi circuit this week! Happy

Edited: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 12:23:15

avatar
Country: EU
Comments: 130
News Posts: 3
Joined: 2009-03-25
 
Fri, 17 Apr 2009 09:12:37
New record!

1:19.5** (will check exact time and edit later)

Grinning We're getting close to beating the expert staff ghost data here, could work out well doing these time trials!
Kaepora[] - brought to you by TripleTags.com
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 17 Apr 2009 10:15:17

Kaepora said:
New record!

1:19.5** (will check exact time and edit later)

Grinning We're getting close to beating the expert staff ghost data here, could work out well doing these time trials!

Damnit!

avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 46392
News Posts: 59731
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 18 Apr 2009 16:18:46

Ownage, not only did I beat your time, I beat the staff ghost and I'm now at the top of the continental and worldwide times Happy

Some godamn hacker has the worldwide number 1.

So he did 3 laps in 0:00:13 right? Yeah. Asshole.

My time is:

1:19.152

On the scoring system I'm not sure what to do. We have quite a few MK owners here but so far it looks like it's just me and Kae.

What's the point of having 10 and 9 points for first and second then?

Edited: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 16:23:39

next >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
Foolz (1m)
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?