Awesome awesome awesome day!  I feel sooo much better now. Pain is currently at the lowest (4 out of 10) since this nightmare all started. I bathed myself and got myself dressed (overseen my OT). I ate lunch in my wheelchair sitting at a desk! OT and PT sessions went great today!  And I finally pooped! OMG 1st time since Monday! I am able to
get in and out of bed by myself now, and move around my room and floor in a walker and wheelchair.  I feel human again.☺
Posted by Ravenprose Sun, 02 Jul 2017 03:22:15 (comments: 28)

Sun, 09 Jul 2017 05:09:10

I forgot to mention that I've been able to reduce my pain pills from 18 oxycodone daily to now 8 pills daily. It's my goal to be free of them by the time I leave here, slowly reducing the amount of them each day. Damn pills won't let me poop freely, and I gots to poop freely goddammit! 😝

Sun, 09 Jul 2017 07:13:03
Ravenprose said:

Holy shit raven, don;t get hooked on those things.

Sun, 09 Jul 2017 07:31:10
aspro said:

Holy shit raven, don;t get hooked on those things.

No worries. I'm reducing them as fast as I can, and I really don't like the effect other than pain relief. Makes me too foggy.

Edit; I wonder if I qualify for  a medical marijuana card now? Good ole Colorado. 😋

Sun, 09 Jul 2017 07:50:07

^Yeah you should. better to be on that stuff than oxy.

Best wishes raven, hope for a speedy recovery.

Sun, 09 Jul 2017 08:24:11
Thanks Aspro.

Sun, 09 Jul 2017 10:09:01
I use co-codamol. Yeah it can constipate you.

Sun, 09 Jul 2017 11:06:08
I just had a bowel movement from hell. Such an extreme level pain followed by such heavenly refief.   I've been going just fine for the last week on stool softener and milk of magnesia. But I hadn't been able to for the last two days. Stupid pain meds.

Sun, 09 Jul 2017 14:18:52

I'd forgotten that those pain pill can plug you up. My wife had a pretty serious surgery a few years ago, and that ended up being an issue for her. That's definitely not a side-effect you hear much about from people who become addicted to them. God knows being to freely poop would be incentive enough for me to kick the habit.

Anyway, good to hear you're continuing the road to recovery dude.

Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted: