Forum > Gaming Discussion > Concerning Nintendo Switch and its Pricing - WTF??
Concerning Nintendo Switch and its Pricing - WTF??
<< prev
avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 100
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2011-12-31
 
Fri, 03 Feb 2017 07:24:05

I'll play the wait and see game before plunking my money down. I hope all the enthusiasm is warranted.

And Nintendo's track record on pricey peripherals has always been this way, as much as I'd like to remember it otherwise.


The VG Press
33507.png

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 14573
News Posts: 1029
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 03 Feb 2017 09:03:05

In the first world controllers cost less than games? Uneasy

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere  
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst  
Are full of passionate intensity.
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14841
News Posts: 221
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Fri, 03 Feb 2017 11:13:16
Foolz said:

In the first world controllers cost less than games? Uneasy

They've been steadily on the rise since the PS2 era.

I could pick up a brand new PS2, Xbox, or Gamecube pad for like $25 back in 2004. But once 360 came out controllers got more expensive. 360 pads were at least $40 from what I remember, then PS3 and Wii shit was even pricier. Now even extra Xbone and PS4 pads go for like $60.

           4044.png?39869998

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 14573
News Posts: 1029
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 04 Feb 2017 02:09:59
edgecrusher said:

They've been steadily on the rise since the PS2 era.

I could pick up a brand new PS2, Xbox, or Gamecube pad for like $25 back in 2004. But once 360 came out controllers got more expensive. 360 pads were at least $40 from what I remember, then PS3 and Wii shit was even pricier. Now even extra Xbone and PS4 pads go for like $60.

So they are the price of games on other consoles, too. What am I missing with the Switch whinging? (Genuine question, I haven't been paying much attention.) Nyaa

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere  
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst  
Are full of passionate intensity.
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14841
News Posts: 221
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 04 Feb 2017 02:53:21
+2
Foolz said:

So they are the price of games on other consoles, too. What am I missing with the Switch whinging? (Genuine question, I haven't been paying much attention.) Nyaa

Not sure. I guess people just expect Nintendo to have cheaper hardware.

On another note...I've always found it funny how the prices of consoles go down over time, but the extra pads and accessories always stay the same. It's like people never think to complain about that.

           4044.png?39869998

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 100
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2011-12-31
 
Sat, 04 Feb 2017 06:28:43
+1

People who don't get it feel this way:

Not as strong as other consoles = should be cheaper than what other consoles go for

Which doesn't take hundreds of factors into account but there you go.


The VG Press
33507.png

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14237
News Posts: 676
Joined: 2009-02-25
 
Sat, 04 Feb 2017 15:00:41
+1
Foolz said:

In the first world controllers cost less than games? Uneasy


Shortly after I bought my PS3, I remember the sticker shock I felt when I went to buy my second controller. $45?? How the fuck could this be right?
avatar
Country: GB
Comments: 44068
News Posts: 57012
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 06 Feb 2017 15:30:09
T_Prime said:

People who don't get it feel this way:

Not as strong as other consoles = should be cheaper than what other consoles go for

Which doesn't take hundreds of factors into account but there you go.

I don't get how all of a systems "value" can only be represented for some gamers by what its graphics look like on the screen.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14841
News Posts: 221
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 06 Feb 2017 20:20:14
robio said:



Shortly after I bought my PS3, I remember the sticker shock I felt when I went to buy my second controller. $45?? How the fuck could this be right?

What hurt even more was those original PS3 pads sucked and felt cheap as hell without the rumble built in. Worst feeling controller since the N64 pad. I was afraid it would snap in half.

           4044.png?39869998

<< prev
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
travo (2m)
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?