Forum > Gaming Discussion > Game(s) You Just Bought Thread
Game(s) You Just Bought Thread
<< prevnext >>
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 14237
News Posts: 676
Joined: 2009-02-25
 
Tue, 21 Jan 2014 13:24:48
travo said:

Probably the only game I bought based off of what the back cover said.  I regret nothing as well!!

Nahhhh nothing to regret at all. Well, my wife regrets it. I remember driving her crazy with that theme song when the game originally was out on the PS2. Now I get to do it all over again! Just can't believe it's been 10 years since this game came out though.

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Tue, 21 Jan 2014 16:12:27
robio said:

Nahhhh nothing to regret at all. Well, my wife regrets it. I remember driving her crazy with that theme song when the game originally was out on the PS2. Now I get to do it all over again! Just can't believe it's been 10 years since this game came out though.

I'm still pissed off the original game was never released in Europe.  I mean, we got the sequel, We Love Katamari (and all the ones after that), but it wasn't the same

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 14237
News Posts: 676
Joined: 2009-02-25
 
Wed, 22 Jan 2014 02:27:07
bugsonglass said:

I'm still pissed off the original game was never released in Europe.  I mean, we got the sequel, We Love Katamari (and all the ones after that), but it wasn't the same

Namco never released it? Wow. We Love Katamari was good (though the music was awful), and I think Katamari Forever is just about as good as the original (mainly since it includes the best parts of the original), but there's no question that the original was something special.

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14841
News Posts: 221
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Wed, 22 Jan 2014 13:55:43

TUROK!!!

turok_ps3_cover.jpg

           4044.png?39869998

avatar
Country: CA
Comments: 10759
News Posts: 0
Joined: 2008-07-01
 
Thu, 23 Jan 2014 01:19:39

Downloaded Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara on the 360 for $5.

179417.png
avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Fri, 24 Jan 2014 15:43:18

Pre-ordered the new Donkey Kong Country Returns.  Zavvi had a 10% off pre-orders deal which meant it cost me just under 40 euros.  Not cheap but not too bad if it's anywhere near as good as the previous game.

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Fri, 24 Jan 2014 16:20:39

Also picked up these from the post-office today:

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14841
News Posts: 221
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 25 Jan 2014 21:43:36

Love my new copy of Tomb Raider....not thrilled about another high class game that people can't even be bothered to include a cool looking manual or poster or some shit for.

936full-tomb-raider%3A-definitive-edition-cover.jpg

           4044.png?39869998

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 11806
News Posts: 310
Joined: 2008-07-03
 
Sat, 25 Jan 2014 21:49:11

We will just have to accept it, manuals are a thing of the past.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14012
News Posts: 2111
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 25 Jan 2014 21:49:44

Yeah, it was sad opening my copy, and only seeing a disk inside. Sad

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14841
News Posts: 221
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sat, 25 Jan 2014 22:21:58

Its ridiculous that they don't throw SOMETHING in there....an art book, anything. The whole cut back on packaging to save the environment thing is a bunch of bullshit....you're not saving anything! A little paper manual isn't shit compared to the amount of paper & plastic that gets thrown out every day at stores and warehouses across the world.

           4044.png?39869998

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 14573
News Posts: 1029
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Sun, 26 Jan 2014 02:11:38

Is there any difference apart from her face with the PC version graphically?

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere  
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst  
Are full of passionate intensity.
avatar
Country: US
Comments: 3187
News Posts: 305
Joined: 2010-07-12
 
Sun, 26 Jan 2014 02:57:27
travo said:

We will just have to accept it, manuals are a thing of the past.

I can accept that it is a thing of the past but I don't have to like it.

SUPER MARIO MAKER LEVELS:

  • SMB Mix-Up! (1AB2-0000-0047-5A7D)
  • Storm the Castle (77BD-0000-00E0-A9C0)
avatar
Country: CY
Comments: 7370
News Posts: 30
Joined: 2008-06-24
 
Sun, 26 Jan 2014 07:14:24
Nintyfan17 said:
travo said:

We will just have to accept it, manuals are a thing of the past.

I can accept that it is a thing of the past but I don't have to like it.

Yeah it was like a ritual ... first dump after starting/getting a new game I would read the manual on the bog.  Nintendo ones used to be so colourful and beautiful, now it's a two page foldout.  And I agree that the environmental rhetoric is just a bullshit excuse.  I throw 2 Lbs of paper away every time I clean my mailbox from the pizza menus and supermarket discount brochures

___

Listen to Wu-Tang and watch Kung-Fu

The VG Press

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 14237
News Posts: 676
Joined: 2009-02-25
 
Mon, 27 Jan 2014 01:46:33
edgecrusher said:

Love my new copy of Tomb Raider....not thrilled about another high class game that people can't even be bothered to include a cool looking manual or poster or some shit for.

Given that it's the "definitive edition" I'm really surprised they didn't throw in something else. I mean, at the very least why not encourage buyers of the original to double-dip?

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14012
News Posts: 2111
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 27 Jan 2014 02:02:03
robio said:

Given that it's the "definitive edition" I'm really surprised they didn't throw in something else. I mean, at the very least why not encourage buyers of the original to double-dip?

They offered a new concept art book for pre-orders. There's also a bunch of new bonus content on the disk as well like comic books, new costumes for Lara, plus all of the DLC. It's not bad.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: US
Comments: 14237
News Posts: 676
Joined: 2009-02-25
 
Mon, 27 Jan 2014 02:05:15
Ravenprose said:

They offered a new concept art book for pre-orders. There's also a bunch of new bonus content on the disk as well like comic books, new costumes for Lara, plus all of the DLC. It's not bad.

Are new costumes an actual incentive? Seriously, does anyone really give a rat's ass?

avatar
Country: AU
Comments: 14573
News Posts: 1029
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 27 Jan 2014 02:10:39
Ravenprose said:

They offered a new concept art book for pre-orders. There's also a bunch of new bonus content on the disk as well like comic books, new costumes for Lara, plus all of the DLC. It's not bad.

New costumes? By that do you mean nude Lara?

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere  
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst  
Are full of passionate intensity.
avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 11806
News Posts: 310
Joined: 2008-07-03
 
Mon, 27 Jan 2014 02:14:32
bugsonglass said:

Yeah it was like a ritual ... first dump after starting/getting a new game I would read the manual on the bog.  Nintendo ones used to be so colourful and beautiful, now it's a two page foldout.  And I agree that the environmental rhetoric is just a bullshit excuse.  I throw 2 Lbs of paper away every time I clean my mailbox from the pizza menus and supermarket discount brochures

Reading the manual on the ride home when I was a kid, really was a ritual.

The VG Press

avatar
Country: UN
Comments: 14012
News Posts: 2111
Joined: 2008-06-21
 
Mon, 27 Jan 2014 02:30:04
robio said:

Are new costumes an actual incentive? Seriously, does anyone really give a rat's ass?

No, they are just extra stuff. It cool for those that either never played the game or want to replay it like myself. I like most of the bonus content they included.

Foolz said:

New costumes? By that do you mean nude Lara?

No. The new costumes are mostly just different kinds of jackets and vests like a bomber jacket--I posted a pic of that one today in GG Weekly.

Edited: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 02:31:17

The VG Press

<< prevnext >>
Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted:
*crickets*
Login @ The VG Press
Username:
Password:
Remember me?