So a few years ago I picked up a Razer Ouroburous, or however its spelled. While its not a BAD mouse, I quickly found that I didn't like it as much as all the cheaper mice I had previous to it. It ran me about $140, while my Razer Deathadder I had before was less than half that. Ine fact, I've found that when it comes to both mice and keyboards, the more expensive options aren't always better. I'd say most of the time, the cheaper, simpler options are the way to go. What you're mostly paying for with the keyboard and mouse "high end" are useless extra buttons you don't need and won't use, as well as fancy custom colors that are the PC version of gimmick. That's it. In terms of form and function, the more affordable gaming boards and mice are usually more comfortable, more user friendly, and just do what you really NEED them to do.

So that Ouroburous...I only used it a few times. Then I switched back to an old Razer Imperator I had, which is kind of like a not-as-good version of the Deathadder. But I still liked it more than the Ouro. But a few days ago, my Imperator started double clicking everything which I've found out is a major issue with them. So I needed a new mouse.

After a bit of research...I decided to get THREE new mice, all for less than $50 each...so all three equal out to what I paid for one Ouroburous. And I'm willing to bet I like all of them MORE. Because they all follow the rule of simple, comfortable, easy. And even these mice had more expensive versions with useless extras that raised their prices by as much as double.

So these are the ones I went with:

• Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury

This one looks really slick and is said to be lightweight and very comfy with great button placement. Got rated best overall by many sites. Has a more expersive version that costs double with useless features.

• Corsair M65 FPS Gaming Mouse

This one is supposed to be one of the best specifically for shooters and mouse oriented pointing shit. That red button on the side is actually called a Sniper Button...you press it and it steadies your aiming to make headshots easier. Otherwise, said to be very comfy.

• Razer Deathadder

Last but not least, I got myself another Deathadder. Most comfortable easy to use mouse I've ever used so I figured I can't go wrong here.

Three for the price of one overpriced gimmick.

Posted by edgecrusher Wed, 08 Jun 2016 13:08:55 (comments: 10)

Wed, 08 Jun 2016 13:21:20

I find the cheapest option for more mice is just to put 2 together in a plastic box and wait for them to breed.  Not sure if that'll work if you bought 3 different ones though.

Wed, 08 Jun 2016 13:46:17
SupremeAC said:

Thu, 09 Jun 2016 12:28:17

Seriously though, I find that the most important thing about mice are their ergonomics.  Extra buttons can be usefull, but I find I rarely use them myself.  I don't game with K&M, but one of the best innovations of the last couple of years for me personally is the scroll wheel with the option for the 'classic' scroll, where the wheel 'click's, scrolling 3 or 4 lines per click, and the 'smooth' scroll, where you can just give it a good flick and it'll keep spinning, scrolling multiple pages at once.

Thu, 09 Jun 2016 14:10:21

That and also being lightweight is a big plus. If a mouse is too heavy it makes it a chore to keep making fast movements in some games.

Thu, 09 Jun 2016 14:12:47

I can vouch for that G402. It's fucking sweet. I like it so much I bought another one to keep as a spare if needed.

Thu, 09 Jun 2016 16:14:15
SteelAttack said:

Niiice.

Thu, 09 Jun 2016 16:19:37
How the fuck does this get more replies than the Japanese music thread? Jerks!

Thu, 09 Jun 2016 20:45:25
gamingeek said:
How the fuck does this get more replies than the Japanese music thread? Jerks!

What thread?

Thu, 09 Jun 2016 20:48:28
Sonofabitch

Sat, 11 Jun 2016 13:37:05
SteelAttack said:

I have been testing this bad boy out today and you are right my friend, fucking awesome mouse. After literally about 5 seconds I could tell it was one of the best ones I've tried. Very light so it glides effortlessly, very quick and responsive. Extremely comfortable to cup your palm around like a sweet breast, and like any good controller you forget its there. Love it.

The buttons are also perfectly spaced out and easy to use.

Log in or Register for free to comment
Recently Spotted: